PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 6

DH1875
30-04-2011, 11:42 PM
So does everyone who said on here that finishing in the bottom 6 was a good thing, great opportunity to build on confidence for next season still stand by it. Thank duck we went on that run of games or it really could be squeaky bum time.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
YEAH GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO THROW ON TWO SUBS AND NEITHER HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE THEY SHOULD BE PLAYING.

PITY CC COULD NOT BE SUBBED TODAY :wink:

J-C
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
So does everyone who said on here that finishing in the bottom 6 was a good thing, great opportunity to build on confidence for next season still stand by it. Thank duck we went on that run of games or it really could be squeaky bum time.

This is the main problem with the split league, apart from the relegation battle all the other teams know they're safe and start looking forward to a couple of weeks in the sun with their families, hence you get games like yesterday.

DH1875
01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
This is the main problem with the split league, apart from the relegation battle all the other teams know they're safe and start looking forward to a couple of weeks in the sun with their families, hence you get games like yesterday.

What relegation battle? Thing about my thread is that there was loads of people on here who thought it would be better to finish bottom 6 when we were pushing for a top 6 place. I'd much rather be playing the Yams and trying to have a say in the title race instead of playing meaningless, pre-season type games in a third full stadium. And the whole confidence argument has gone right out the window having played against Hamilton, St Mirren and St J at ER and we've picked up a total of 1 point.
The way things are going if they cut it to a 10 team league next season we could be in serious problems with 3 going down.

MSK
01-05-2011, 04:23 AM
What relegation battle? Thing about my thread is that there was loads of people on here who thought it would be better to finish bottom 6 when we were pushing for a top 6 place. I'd much rather be playing the Yams and trying to have a say in the title race instead of playing meaningless, pre-season type games in a third full stadium. And the whole confidence argument has gone right out the window having played against Hamilton, St Mirren and St J at ER and we've picked up a total of 1 point.
The way things are going if they cut it to a 10 team league next season we could be in serious problems with 3 going down.The Hamilton/St Mirren relegation battle..the rest of the teams in the bottom 6 are now just going through the motions & have their suit cases packed ready for holibobs ..

Forza Fred
01-05-2011, 04:33 AM

I ddn't quite say that in any of mysposts, but do admit to a feeling of relief when we did not sneak into hje top six as I had no doubt that we would have been on the end of severe drubbings by the teams above us - given how pash we have been this season.

Logically, the fact that we are consistently beaten by teams in the bottom six, would tend to suggest that iif we did sneak into the top six the beatings would have been/would be even worse.

Nes't pas?

jon paul jones
01-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Given that the team responded when encouraged by us at the turn of the year, we (as a group of fans) should maybe consider this. The fall off in active vocal support by the majority of fans could be a factor in the players playing 10-50% below their potential.

Aldo
01-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Sorry but how come we end up getting next to nowt from these games.

Hamilton, Perth, Paisley and yet only 1 point. ****ing pathetic if you ask me.

We need a whole new team (and yes i do realise that is going to happen).

I really do hope that CC can bring in some winners???

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Given that the team responded when encouraged by us at the turn of the year, we (as a group of fans) should maybe consider this. The fall off in active vocal support by the majority of fans could be a factor in the players playing 10-50% below their potential.

How can you blame the lack of vocal support for the abysmal performances being given? They look like they the give a flying one about playing for the jerseys

BEEJ
01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
There's no doubt that it did present the club with an opportunity for developing the team and for inspiring the support for the season to come.

There is also no doubt that we're making an absolute pig's ear of it.

J-C
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Surely if the players played to their full potential and were winning these games regularly, then the vocal support would be there, it goes both ways.

matty_f
01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I said pre-split that it would be terrible to be in the bottom 6, and sad to say it's panned out that way. I think we'd be seeing much more from these players if they were facing more difficult opposition. As it is, the team are struggling to get up for games in front of low crowds against pish opposition (who are still finding a way to beat us, mind, so you can draw your own conclusions as to what I think about yesterday's team...).

The season effectively ended for us in March. These games are now little more than pre-season games without the draw of pre-season excitement.

When the second, inevitable, St Johnstone goal went in yesterday, I found myself (having already stuck my earphones in to listen to music on about 80 minutes) muttering "**** off Hibs". About sums up how I feel about this season, to be honest.

Epic fail.