PDA

View Full Version : SPL Payments

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know what the payments are for final league positions. What the difference is between finishing 7th, which is where we really should be finishing had we taken 9 out of 9 from our last 3 games, and say, 10th, which is where we're probably likely to now finish. Just when people say there is nowt to play for, I'm sure there are several £10,000's difference between finishing 7th-10th which could have a small impact on CC's budget for next season.

There's also the marginarly small matter of probably being unseeded if we get into the last 16 of the league cup next season if we finish below 8th.

All fine and dandy tinkering with tactics and formations, but there probably will be a financial implication to doing this. Or am I just over anyalising this after a few wines/beers. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know what the payments are for final league positions. What the difference is between finishing 7th, which is where we really should be finishing had we taken 9 out of 9 from our last 3 games, and say, 10th, which is where we're probably likely to now finish. Just when people say there is nowt to play for, I'm sure there are several £10,000's difference between finishing 7th-10th which could have a small impact on CC's budget for next season.

There's also the marginarly small matter of probably being unseeded if we get into the last 16 of the league cup next season if we finish below 8th.

All fine and dandy tinkering with tactics and formations, but there probably will be a financial implication to doing this. Or am I just over anyalising this after a few wines/beers. :greengrin

This may help

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?208210-question-re-spl-tv-deal&p=2781045&viewfull=1#post2781045

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-04-2011, 10:34 PM
This may help

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?208210-question-re-spl-tv-deal&p=2781045&viewfull=1#post2781045

If the 65k per 0.5% is right, the difference between finishing 7th-10th could be nearly £200k.

Kinda disproves the myth that there is nothing to play for. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 10:34 PM
All the money that the SPL generates is put into one pot. A support payment is paid to the SFL and to recently relegated clubs and also costs associated with running the SPL are deducted from the pot.

Out of the remaining revenue, 48% is divided equally between the 12 clubs and the other 52% is paid out to teams, depending on where they finish in the league.

Basically, if we finish 7th, we'll receive 3% of that 52%, if we finish 8th then we'll get 2.5%, 9th gets us 2% and 10th gets us 1.5%.

Don't have actual figures though I'm afraid as they'll probably change from year to year, depending on how much revenue the SPL generates.

sleeping giant
30-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm sure the figure of 35k per place was banded about when we employed that manager a few years agofor the last few games of the season. Thordurson or something iirc.
Few pints had by the way :greengrin

lucky
30-04-2011, 11:17 PM
We deserve to finish 10th cos we are the 3rd worst team in the league over the season. Yogi has cost this club a fortune with dross he brought to the club. Only decent signing he made was Stokes.

DH1875
30-04-2011, 11:31 PM
We deserve to finish 10th cos we are the 3rd worst team in the league over the season. Yogi has cost this club a fortune with dross he brought to the club. Only decent signing he made was Stokes.

Away man. If all else fails lets put the blame on Yogi :brickwall.
Sure he left us in the tom kite but there's no danger he can be held responsable for our last 3 results.

stokesmessiah
01-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Away man. If all else fails lets put the blame on Yogi :brickwall.
Sure he left us in the tom kite but there's no danger he can be held responsable for our last 3 results.

Its still pretty much his dross team thats left!?

Arch Stanton
01-05-2011, 08:28 AM

On the other hand, being unseeded increases the chances of getting a Cat A draw which could recoup most of the league payment monies lost. :greengrin

Seriously, if the team selections we are making now make us more successful next season (especially cup runs) then this will tend to balance things out - the problem is that we have no way of knowing now if this success will accrue and what value it will have if it does.

So, in that respect I reckon you have under-analysed rather than over-analysed the situation.