PDA

View Full Version : The East Stand

Fifer
30-04-2011, 06:58 PM
After the sad news today about the loss of a true Legend. Lets rename the east stand the Eddie Turnbull stand.

R.I.P. Eddie.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 07:02 PM
The news that Eddie Turnbull has passed away is incredibly sad and we should always remember his contribution to the club, both as a player and as a manager, but Turnbull is included as part of the Famous Five, who already have a stand named after them at Easter Road.

I don't see individual members of that line-up having another stand named after them personally.

scoopyboy
30-04-2011, 07:04 PM
After the sad news today about the loss of a true Legend. Lets rename the east stand the Eddie Turnball stand.

R.I.P. Eddie.

Why not the Willie Ormond stand, or Bobby Johnstone, or indeed the Gordon Smith stand?

And don't forget the Lawrie Reilly stand, cos we really shouldn't discriminate against him simply because he has the audacity to be alive.

Emotional time regarding Eddie, no argument from me on that point but the Famous Five already have a stand named after them.

Fifer
30-04-2011, 07:09 PM
The news that Eddie Turnbull has passed away is incredibly sad and we should always remember his contribution to the club, both as a player and as a manager, but Turnbull is included as part of the Famous Five, who already have a stand named after them at Easter Road.

I don't see individual members of that line-up having another stand named after them personally.

The others were Fantastic for our club as players. Eddie also did it for us as a Manager, and brought a brand of Football to Easter Road that we can only dream about these days.

blairwallace
30-04-2011, 07:10 PM
on the same note as the East stand, should the last game of the season (against Aberdeen, another club Turnbull managed) be a day to commemorate the great man/famous five? first thought i had was the big famous five flag and the Turnbulls tornadoes song?

thebakerboy
30-04-2011, 07:10 PM
It would not seem right to name it after Ned for reasons already stated but the Tornadoes or the Joe Baker stand both have rings to them.

crash
30-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Why not the Willie Ormond stand, or Bobby Johnstone, or indeed the Gordon Smith stand?

And don't forget the Lawrie Reilly stand, cos we really shouldn't discriminate against him simply because he has the audacity to be alive.

Emotional time regarding Eddie, no argument from me on that point but the Famous Five already have a stand named after them.

Could possibly call it the Turnbulls Tornadoes Stand, in recognition of another memorable period in our history.

Westie1875
30-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Could possibly call it the Turnbulls Tornadoes Stand, in recognition of another memorable period in our history.

This would get my vote. :agree: