PDA

View Full Version : Gomes

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 05:31 PM
How many points is he going to cost tottenham before thy finally drop him!? He has got to be one of the worst transfers in football history! 9million! Considering teams have signed keepers like foster, hart, van der sar, schwarzer all for cheaper, why don't they just buy a new keeper?

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 05:52 PM
How many points is he going to cost tottenham before thy finally drop him!? He has got to be one of the worst transfers in football history! 9million! Considering teams have signed keepers like foster, hart, van der sar, schwarzer all for cheaper, why don't they just buy a new keeper?

He didn't cost Tottenham anything on this occasion. It was the linesman's inability to keep up with play and FIFA's ridiculous stance on goal-line technology that is costing Spurs today.

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 05:59 PM
He didn't cost Tottenham anything on this occasion. It was the linesman's inability to keep up with play and FIFA's ridiculous stance on goal-line technology that is costing Spurs today.

I agree but the ref should never be in that position, it was a shocking mistake from gomes though, and I was just meaning in general he looks a bag of nerves.

Littlest Hobo
30-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Zibi in disguise :agree:

Should have got shot of him ages ago!:agree:

Hermit Crab
30-04-2011, 06:18 PM
2-1 Cheldea Kalou 89. Should only be 1-1 though.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 06:24 PM
2-1 Cheldea Kalou 89. Should only be 1-1 though.

Should still be 1-0 for Tottenham - Kalou was offside for the second goal. :bitchy:

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Should still be 1-0 for Tottenham - Kalou was offside for the second goal. :bitchy:

:agree: if I was Ferguson I'd be raging, I suspect he will be :wink:

Hermit Crab
30-04-2011, 06:29 PM
:agree: if I was Ferguson I'd be raging, I suspect he will be :wink:

He left before FT anyway. He thinks it was a draw. He will also demand a decsion like what Chelsea got tmrw :greengrin

HH81
30-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Have a safe trip down to London lads. Title race back on with an arsenal win. If there is any justice in football we will see it too.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 06:50 PM
He left before FT anyway. He thinks it was a draw. He will also demand a decsion like what Chelsea got tmrw :greengrin

I'm actually surprised that he didn't make his way down to the touchline to confront the linesman after he gave Chelsea their first goal. :greengrin

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Have a safe trip down to London lads. Title race back on with an arsenal win. If there is any justice in football we will see it too.

Seriously why do you hate you united so much ? Every thread about united you find the need to have a got at all the people on here who want them to win?

HH81
30-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Seriously why do you hate you united so much ? Every thread about united you find the need to have a got at all the people on here who want them to win?
How can anyone on a Hibs site want them to win so much? Some show more passion about them than Hibs.

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 07:46 PM
How can anyone on a Hibs site want them to win so much? Some show more passion about them than Hibs.

I know but that doesn't explain why you just hate United? Some folk have that kind of passion for Arsenal, Chelsea etc to win.

HH81
30-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Is there only one united in football? If not please can we write the club names so we all know who were on about? Cheers.

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Is there only one united in football? If not please can we write the club names so we all know who were on about? Cheers.

Well you know fine who I'm on about so what difference does it make? If your post hadn't originally been about them I would have called them man utd.

HH81
30-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Are we on about the one that plays at gigg lane or old trafford?

heretoday
30-04-2011, 09:18 PM
A Spurs pal says Gomes has pulled off saves no other keeper would have so the gaffes even things out. I dunno. I reckon Tottenham should get a safe pair of hands quick.

It was a goal today IMO.

TornadoHibby
30-04-2011, 09:25 PM

Discuss! :wink: :confused:

Let's review around 3.30pm tomorrow! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 09:28 PM
A Spurs pal says Gomes has pulled off saves no other keeper would have so the gaffes even things out. I dunno. I reckon Tottenham should get a safe pair of hands quick.

It was a goal today IMO.

Sky showed the moment Gomes got his hand on the ball from about four or five different angles and not one of them shows the whole ball over the line.

If any part of the ball is touching the line, it's not a goal.

greenlex
30-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Sky showed the moment Gomes got his hand on the ball from about four or five different angles and not one of them shows the whole ball over the line.

If any part of the ball is touching the line, it's not a goal.
The most disturbing thing about this goal is not the fact that the ball hadn't crossed the line but there is no way that either the ref or the assistant could have given that decision confidently from where they were. If they arent sure they cant give it. If they are sure they are just plain wrong.:agree:

Removed
30-04-2011, 09:39 PM
The most disturbing thing about this goal is not the fact that the ball hadn't crossed the line but there is no way that either the ref or the assistant could have given that decision confidently from where they were. If they arent sure they cant give it. If they are sure they are just plain wrong.:agree:

:agree: Just seen that on MOTD. Shocker.

HH81
30-04-2011, 09:40 PM
It was very close. No point discussing it though. The ref gave it so its a goal.

I can see the glory hunters now, if they didn't win the league they would blame that decision :greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Removed
30-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I can see the glory hunters now, if they didn't win the league they would blame that decision :greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Justice would be done though don't you agree :wink: :greengrin

hibbysam
30-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Where exactly did you want him to be? A linesman has to be in line with the last defender.. So in this case he was in position and up with play..

Lampard hits a 30 yard strike probably travelling top end of 70mph, tell me what you expected the linesman to do? Hop in a Ferrari and drive to the corner flag?

DH1875
30-04-2011, 11:57 PM
How many points is he going to cost tottenham before thy finally drop him!? He has got to be one of the worst transfers in football history! 9million!

Did he go for as much as £9 million? The strange thing is I remember when he was at PSV and he was amazing for them. I'm sure at the time he was regarded as being one of the top 3 keepers in the world.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Arsenal should sign him :wink:

Pretty Boy
01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Did he go for as much as £9 million? The strange thing is I remember when he was at PSV and he was amazing for them. I'm sure at the time he was regarded as being one of the top 3 keepers in the world.

By who? He's always been a bombscare, he just got away with it a bit more at PSV because the Dutch league doesn't have the same number of high balls into the box or shots from distance so he wasn't as open to howlers. He might of been rated a bit higher back then but one of the top 3 keepers in the world? Maybe using Championship Manager rankings as a guide.

I'm sure i remember reading somewhere that he was a striker until he was 16 or 17, you can certainly tell. Time for both North London clubs to be investing big money in proper goalkeepers i think.

H18sry
01-05-2011, 09:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80 :shhhsh!:

Winston Ingram
02-05-2011, 11:52 AM
By who? He's always been a bombscare, he just got away with it a bit more at PSV because the Dutch league doesn't have the same number of high balls into the box or shots from distance so he wasn't as open to howlers. He might of been rated a bit higher back then but one of the top 3 keepers in the world? Maybe using Championship Manager rankings as a guide.

I'm sure i remember reading somewhere that he was a striker until he was 16 or 17, you can certainly tell. Time for both North London clubs to be investing big money in proper goalkeepers i think.

The 1st few months of Gomes Spurs career were horrific but after that he was superb. Last year he was arguably the best keeper in the Prem and played a massive part in Spurs reaching the CL.

Since his mistake allowing Drogba's shot squirm past him at Christmas he had pretty much an excellent 2 yrs.

His mistakes since then have been getting more regular and worse.

He let a Sturridge shot under him v Bolton, was at fault for Doyle's header v Wolves, was at fault for both Ronaldo goals v RM and then let Lampards shot through him at the weekend.

If Spurs want to recover then there's a decision to be made on this guy. If the money was there I think he'd be toast but my thoughts are that they will stick with him and work to get him back to the form of last year.

Spurs budget in the summer is going to be thrown fully at a striker/strikers as the amount of chances they have missed is criminal