PDA

View Full Version : Technology in football

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Please, please, please Mr Blatter, bring football into the 21st century and introduce video technology.

For anyone who hasn't been watching the Chelsea-Tottenham match, Chelsea have just equalised right on half time by a goal from Frank Lampard, who scored after his shot squirmed underneath Heurelho Gomes. However, TV replays have shown that Gomes managed to claw the ball back before the whole ball had crossed the line but the linesman, who was not up with play, gave the goal.

There is literally millions of pounds riding on the elite level of football these days and it's just not acceptable to say that you want Sunday league football to be governed by the same laws and regulations as Premiership football.

It's just utter nonsense.

Winston Ingram
30-04-2011, 05:29 PM
That decision was a joke.

iwasthere1972
30-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Please, please, please Mr Blatter, bring football into the 21st century and introduce video technology.

For anyone who hasn't been watching the Chelsea-Tottenham match, Chelsea have just equalised right on half time by a goal from Frank Lampard, who scored after his shot squirmed underneath Heurelho Gomes. However, TV replays have shown that Gomes managed to claw the ball back before the whole ball had crossed the line but the linesman, who was not up with play, gave the goal.

There is literally millions of pounds riding on the elite level of football these days and it's just not acceptable to say that you want Sunday league football to be governed by the same laws and regulations as Premiership football.

It's just utter nonsense.

I wonder if this thread would have been started if it had been Tottenham scoring. :wink:

Squeaky bum time if Chelsea win this one. :agree:

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I wonder if this thread would have been started if it had been Tottenham scoring. :wink:

Squeaky bum time if Chelsea win this one. :agree:

I knew something like this would be brought up. :greengrin

No squeaky bums just yet but that decision is just absolutely disgraceful.

That's twice that I can remember that Tottenham have been on the wrong end of goal-line decisions in major games. A few years ago, they "scored" a goal at Old Trafford that was miles over the line but Roy Carroll got back and knocked the ball back into play and all of the officials missed it and the goal wasn't awarded.

iwasthere1972
30-04-2011, 05:53 PM

That's twice that I can remember that Tottenham have been on the wrong end of goal-line decisions in major games. A few years ago, they "scored" a goal at Old Trafford that was miles over the line but Roy Carroll got back and knocked the ball back into play and all of the officials missed it and the goal wasn't awarded.

I haven't got a spare six months to read all your posts (especially the big ones that gave Harry Potter novels a run for their money) but I have a sneaky feeling that you weren't bothered about goal line technology when Lampard wasn't awarded that goal against the Germans.

Anyway it's still 1-1 so you could be safe. :greengrin

HH81
30-04-2011, 06:01 PM

If it costs fc united the title it was the correct call.

Wotherspiniesta
30-04-2011, 06:18 PM
And just for good measure, Kalou was offside for the winner :rolleyes:

HH81
30-04-2011, 06:21 PM
No he wasnt, its only off side if its given. :)

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Yup.

Who says that the refs are all out to help Man Utd?

Hermit Crab
30-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Yeah. Altogether now. Theres a conspiracy theres a conspiracy theres a conspiracy.....................................:si nging:

Wotherspiniesta
30-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Aye orite Terry. Congratulations on securing 2nd, away and play with yourself ya fud.

Hermit Crab
30-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Aye orite Terry. Congratulations on securing 2nd, away and play with yourself ya fud.

:tee hee:

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 06:47 PM

:agree: What was that all about exactly? :confused:

They're still 3 points behind United, who also have a game in hand, with just 3 games left and he's going about celebrating as if Chelsea have just won the league, the FA Cup and the Champions League, all rolled into one.

:bye: