PDA

View Full Version : My reaction to the latest news

sixtwo
29-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Deeks to leave
pretty sad as i know he is a legend. one of the best stikers i have seen but, he has struggled recently. I hope he goes south because i'd hate to see him at utd, rangers, aberdeen or (godforbid, the huns) i would be gutted

Sproule to return

Obviously i would welcome Ivans return. He is the fastest playeri have seen.He scored a hatrick at ibrox(although he is a bluenose). He has a passion for the club.
I do not think he will be the best signing we will make this summer but he will be the one most fans are happy with

Garry o'connor

I think he will sign late on. He will make the difference

Colin calderwood will sign at least 7 players, the emphasis will be on experience and physical ability, We will be in the top three going into january and we will be given a big budget to push on for the title next year

IFONLY
29-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Deeks to leave
pretty sad as i know he is a legend. one of the best stikers i have seen but, he has struggled recently. I hope he goes south because i'd hate to see him at utd, rangers, aberdeen or (godforbid, the huns) i would be gutted

Sproule to return

Obviously i would welcome Ivans return. He is the fastest playeri have seen.He scored a hatrick at ibrox(although he is a bluenose). He has a passion for the club.
I do not think he will be the best signing we will make this summer but he will be the one most fans are happy with

Garry o'connor

Colin calderwood will sign at least 7 players, the emphasis will be on experience and physical ability, We will be in the top three going into january and we will be given a big budget to push on for the title next year

Are the huns not Rangers?????????

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Are the huns not Rangers?????????

Full-fat :agree: , Diet :tsk tsk:

Liams
29-04-2011, 10:17 PM
The Hibby inside me would love to see Ivan and Garry back in the team... Always loved hearing the wave of seats flipping back as everyone rose to their feet as ivan raced to the wing... and Gary has to be one of my favorite strikers for us... However i dont like this route we are going down of bring back ex Hibs players... I just want to see new faces to write our future.. Hopefully we get them but also plenty of young new faces too...

GGTTH :cgwa:cgwa

silverhibee
29-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Deeks to leave

Sproule to return

Garry o'connor

:shocked::drunk::crazy:

MSK
29-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Deeks to leave

Sproule to return

Garry o'connor

You will regret this post when you are sober ..:wink:

R'Albin
29-04-2011, 10:39 PM
You will regret this post when you are sober ..:wink:
:greengrin

Deeks to leave

Sproule to return

Garry o'connor

Deeks-hate saying this but I think he should leave now, as his career appears to be on the descent(sp?) and I would hate to see him have a poor season with us and be remembered for that, as oppose to all the good things he's done.

Goc- would definitely take him back, get the feeling he will as well:thumbsup:

Ivan- as others have said although he wouldn't be the best signing all summer but he would get the crowd lifted and is a much better squad player to have than mcbride,rankin thicot etc.

Can't see us challenging for the title though :wink:

Franck Stanton
29-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Challenge for the title ? Get real, how I wish we could, but, don't think so, or maybe the op has insider knowledge the ugly sisters are leaving to go South and play with the [real] big boys, maybe then, when the rest of Scottish football is playing on a reasonably even playing field then it could be the case.

Aubenas
29-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Hibs need to sign best players available to fit in with CCs plans. If he signs Ivan & G OC it will be on that basis. With the added incentive that, for their own reasons, both will probably sign for Hibs for less than for other clubs. Anyone who thinks CC would risk his job by signing players for popularity or cos they used to play for us needs a reality check. He will have seen Ivan play more recently than anyone on here & obviously knows what he feels he's worth to the team. And, for all the physiology experts, Alan Wells won an Olympic gold for 100m when he was pushing 29.

erin go bragh
30-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Hibs need to sign best players available to fit in with CCs plans. If he signs Ivan & G OC it will be on that basis. With the added incentive that, for their own reasons, both will probably sign for Hibs for less than for other clubs. Anyone who thinks CC would risk his job by signing players for popularity or cos they used to play for us needs a reality check. He will have seen Ivan play more recently than anyone on here & obviously knows what he feels he's worth to the team. And, for all the physiology experts, Alan Wells won an Olympic gold for 100m when he was pushing 29.
linford christie was pushing 32 when he won an olympic gold for 100m .
come on home ivan :agree:
ggtth

Hibernia Na Eir
30-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Would love to see garry o back at hibs great player and still lots left in his engine

Keith_M
30-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Would love to see garry o back at hibs great player and still lots left in his engine

Really? Last I heard, his engine was splattered all over a wall in Tranent :wink:

Greentinted
30-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I was so with you until the last sentence! :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
30-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I hope to god we don't sign O'Connor.

Not worth the heavy wages he would command and his injury record since leaving Hibs is shocking.

Hibs90
30-04-2011, 12:29 PM
So it's official Deeks is leaving then?

Wheat Hound
30-04-2011, 01:29 PM
linford christie was pushing 32 when he won an olympic gold for 100m .
come on home ivan :agree:
ggtth

Well I suppose Linford could be that lunchbox to lunchbox midfielder we've been crying out for.

Phil D. Rolls
30-04-2011, 04:35 PM

It's always been a mystery how he could change his physique so dramatically in two years. I certainly hope that Hibs players are careful about how they treat their bodies.

R'Albin
30-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Well I suppose Linford could be that lunchbox to lunchbox midfielder we've been crying out for.

:greengrin