PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barca & messi

hfc rd
27-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Words just simply can't describe them. Absolutely Legandary and a joy to behold! :not worth

A different kettle of fish. Barcelona just seem to make opposition teams look like part time amateur's as you just saw tonight. So entertaining to watch that Real Madrid were frightened to close them down, especially in the 1st half and Cristiano Ronny was getting so frustrated like f*** as he was simply helpless along with the rest of his team mates. I simply can't remember witnessing the last time Real Madrid were chasing the game at home and their fans getting right on top of them. Like for instance when they played Arsenal at the Nou Camp earlier in the competition, Barca just made them look like a pub team and could and should have won by a cricket scoreline that night. My Englsih team is Man Utd and I can unfortunately see Man Utd getting humped in the CL final at Wembley if Barca play anywhere near or as half as good as they did tonight.

And what can you say about Messi?? A lot of things. He is simply beyond special as you saw with his 2nd goal for Barca tonight. I don't think you are ever going to come across a football fan (unless it is a mental Real Madrid fan) who thinks Messi is s**** unless they need brain surgery. The guy as we all know is simply someone who you can call a "one man team". Small, but as solid as a rock and can make the opposition look like marker cones when he goes past them. The best thing is that he is only 23 and is still going to get better and better.

just_joe
27-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Messi is fantastic. At least there was one player out there who went out to play football tonight. The other players can learn from messi . He gets kicked up n down yet gets up and just gets on with it. a fantastic player with a fantastic attitude.:agree:

hfc rd
27-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Messi is fantastic. At least there was one player out there who went out to play football tonight. The other players can learn from messi . He gets kicked up n down yet gets up and just gets on with it. a fantastic player with a fantastic attitude.:agree:

Exactly mate. He is not the pathetic and greedy modern day footballer who is only interested in money and doesn't give a toss about the club or the fans. He just gets on with it regardless on how much he is earning, even though it is big, and just plays the sport he loves. A role model for all youngsters.

Wotherspiniesta
27-04-2011, 09:58 PM
All this salivating over Messi is fair enough. The guy is the best player I've ever seen play the game.

But let's not get it confused here, Barca were an embarassment tonight. We hear so much about how wonderfully they knock the ball around, which is true. But tonight they got dragged down to Real Madrid's level and even stooped lower than them. Throwing themselves to the ground, clutching their faces when they got touched on the shoulder, hounding the referee after every tackle. And the only reason they won that game tonight, IMHO, was because they managed to get Pepe sent off. Madrid lost their shape and Barca exploited the space well.

I didn't think that Guardiola would get drawn into mind games with Mourinho, but Jose managed to sucker him in. Thankfully the game will be remembered for the great player that Messi is, other than the terrible sportsmanship and bad spirit the game was played in.

Bravo Messi, for shame Barcelona, and to a lesser extent Real Madrid.

Sodje_18
27-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Words just simply can't describe them. Absolutely Legandary and a joy to behold! :not worth

A different kettle of fish. Barcelona just seem to make opposition teams look like part time amateur's as you just saw tonight. So entertaining to watch that Real Madrid were frightened to close them down, especially in the 1st half and Cristiano Ronny was getting so frustrated like f*** as he was simply helpless along with the rest of his team mates. I simply can't remember witnessing the last time Real Madrid were chasing the game at home and their fans getting right on top of them. Like for instance when they played Arsenal at the Nou Camp earlier in the competition, Barca just made them look like a pub team and could and should have won by a cricket scoreline that night. My Englsih team is Man Utd and I can unfortunately see Man Utd getting humped in the CL final at Wembley if Barca play anywhere near or as half as good as they did tonight.

And what can you say about Messi?? A lot of things. He is simply beyond special as you saw with his 2nd goal for Barca tonight. I don't think you are ever going to come across a football fan (unless it is a mental Real Madrid fan) who thinks Messi is s**** unless they need brain surgery. The guy as we all know is simply someone who you can call a "one man team". Small, but as solid as a rock and can make the opposition look like marker cones when he goes past them. The best thing is that he is only 23 and is still going to get better and better.

I wouldn't say they were frightened but were just standing off them so they didn't expose space.
And he would be a one man team if he were anywhere else, although he is by far there most important player, I don't think we can call them a one man team. Apart from that, agree with everything else, there just extraordinary, when I seethe line ups I always think there teams so strong it's scary, best team in the world without a doubt :agree:

hfc rd
27-04-2011, 10:27 PM
All this salivating over Messi is fair enough. The guy is the best player I've ever seen play the game.

But let's not get it confused here, Barca were an embarassment tonight. We hear so much about how wonderfully they knock the ball around, which is true. But tonight they got dragged down to Real Madrid's level and even stooped lower than them. Throwing themselves to the ground, clutching their faces when they got touched on the shoulder, hounding the referee after every tackle. And the only reason they won that game tonight, IMHO, was because they managed to get Pepe sent off. Madrid lost their shape and Barca exploited the space well.

I didn't think that Guardiola would get drawn into mind games with Mourinho, but Jose managed to sucker him in. Thankfully the game will be remembered for the great player that Messi is, other than the terrible sportsmanship and bad spirit the game was played in.

Yes I see your point, but then again Real Madrid started all of the silly behaviour of the game. Real just simply couldn't take it when they were getting outplayed and their fans were becoming very restless and bored that much, you could hear the small section of the Barca fans at the very top tier of the Bernabeu making some noise with their traditional "Himne Del FC Barcelona" song being sung. The Madrid players started turning this game dirty as they simply were finding it hard to win the ball.

The fiasco at half time was started by Real Madrid which led to the GK being sent off. It was basically Arbeloa saying something to Keita and that is how it all kicked off which led to Pinto being sent off despite some guy holding on to his throat. You never know what Arbeloa said but it must have been something very personal or racist to Keita which led to the big brawl. Keita isn't someone who is going to get very angry at a few words being said to him so it must have been something very personal. Yes the red card did change the game and Pepe did try to win the ball but if you are going to go in with your studs showing then you have to win the ball or risk being sent off. If that was a yam going in like that on a Hibs player, we would all be screaming for a red card to be shown.

Speaking about red cards, Marcelo should have been sent off for standing on Pedro's leg. He could so easily have snapped one of Pedro's bones and I doubt that was a wee small mistake.

Also let us not forget the silly dive from Di Maria in the first half in which he conned the ref and Dani Alves got booked for it. Stupidity of the highest standard.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2011, 11:32 PM
They DID get beat at Arsenal.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Alves was cringeworthy to watch...Carried of in a stretcher to make sure Pepe was sent off then raced back on 2 minutes later..Half the Barca team were a joke to watch.

Great to watch and have the best player on the planet.. But cheating Barstewards.

Haymaker
28-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Messi is alright I suppose...

:greengrin

MGmick
28-04-2011, 05:19 AM

Hmm! Maybe his lack of unseen work could hold him back?

Sylar
28-04-2011, 06:15 AM
I've seen the replay of the red card a couple of times and can't understand why people are up in arms about it.

He lunged at Alves knee-high and caught him with his studs. The contact might not have been crunching, but the UEFA rules do state you can be sent off for intent and Pepe (not exactly an angel) was going for the player.

Busquets, Pedro and Mascherano were all poor in terms of their play-acting, and the unanimous surrounding of the referee at every decision was pathetic. However, you'd think from some of the comments on here that Barcelona were the only team "at it". Di Maria got Alves booked for a blatant dive, Marcello went to ground via the sniper route on 2 occasions that I saw and Arbeloa was lucky not to get a second yellow for 2 very late tackles (one just before and one just after the break). I also can't see why Pinto was sent off just before the interval - somebody grabs him by the throat, he throws them off of him and is subsequently dismissed. Perplexing indeed.

The wee man is by far the best player I've ever watched playing the game. Right up there with Maradona and Pele and apparently still very humble about it all.

marinello59
28-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Alves was cringeworthy to watch...Carried of in a stretcher to make sure Pepe was sent off then raced back on 2 minutes later..Half the Barca team were a joke to watch.

Great to watch and have the best player on the planet.. But cheating Barstewards.

Both teams were at it to some extent. The best team by a country mile won though. Mourinho sends out his teams to spoil games, this time it backfired on him.
The sending off was the correct decision. Just because Alves reacted badly doesn't mean the ref got it wrong. Pepe was stupid and paid the price.

nonshinyfinish
28-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I've seen the replay of the red card a couple of times and can't understand why people are up in arms about it.

He lunged at Alves knee-high and caught him with his studs. The contact might not have been crunching, but the UEFA rules do state you can be sent off for intent and Pepe (not exactly an angel) was going for the player.

Agreed. To me it was borderline between yellow and red - after the replays I'd probably have said yellow - but it's certainly not an outrageous decision.

heretoday
28-04-2011, 08:09 AM
The red card tackle looked bad at the time, even disregarding Alves' predictable overreaction, but it wasn't deserving of more than a yellow.

Don't buy the conspiracy stuff. Refs have enough to do without all that.

Messi scored the second with his right peg which is supposed to be in semi-retirement!

johnrebus
28-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Real and the chosen one - much as I like him - got exactly what they deserved.

Anyway, Barca are not a team of saints. They only do what every other top European team does in terms of gamesmanship.

Besides, what about Adebayor? He should have been locked up for that assault, never mind a red card.

If I could afford it I would have a season ticket to the Neu Camp. (Only if Hibs were away, mind)

:not worth

easty
28-04-2011, 08:31 AM

Busquets, Pedro and Mascherano were all poor in terms of their play-acting, and the unanimous surrounding of the referee at every decision was pathetic. However, you'd think from some of the comments on here that Barcelona were the only team "at it". Di Maria got Alves booked for a blatant dive, Marcello went to ground via the sniper route on 2 occasions that I saw and Arbeloa was lucky not to get a second yellow for 2 very late tackles (one just before and one just after the break). I also can't see why Pinto was sent off just before the interval - somebody grabs him by the throat, he throws them off of him and is subsequently dismissed. Perplexing indeed.

The wee man is by far the best player I've ever watched playing the game. Right up there with Maradona and Pele and apparently still very humble about it all.

That sums up exactly how I seen it as well.

kennyh
28-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Messi ~ Not yet Hibs class !!

JimBHibees
28-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Personally think it was a red card well over the ball and caught him with a straight leg, Alves made a meal of it but Real would have done exactly the same but thought it was a decent decision.

The behaviour of both teams was dreadful in their intimidation of the referee however the only team trying to play football won the game so am happy with that. Real are so cynical it is appalling to watch no doubt mimicing their managers attitude. Given the quality in their team it was depressing to see them play this way as Barcelona's defence was there to be got at especially their goalie.

Personally can see Mourinho be sacked by Real as they owners wont like seeijng their team play so defensively at home and still lose to their greatest rivals. Wonder what his odds are for the Man City job?

Messi was a breathe of fresh air and his goals particularly the second one was sheer genius and a beacon of light in a depressing night for football.

UEFA need to fine both teams before the return leg and make it clear the collective intimidation of refs will be punished severely.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Only one team wanted to win that game last night, and one team was scared ****less about losing the game.

Both were play acting, both were putting their foot in, but the best team in the world won.

Hopefully they will run all over Manure in the final, and my summer holiday is paid in full from bet fred and sportingbet. :thumbsup:

ScottB
28-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Personally I'd have sent Adebayor off for those ridiculous pushing into players one after the other.

Madrid's tactics were pitiful, Mourinho looked broken and his rant after the game shows that too. They had no answer to the skill of Messi, Arsenal showed it possible to beat Barca without trying to stiffle the game, but then Mourinho's always been a negative barsteward.

hfc rd
28-04-2011, 11:28 AM
They DID get beat at Arsenal.

Yes arsenal did beat them at the emirates. In that game barca had their chances to win the game but never took them and the gooners did. So credit to them then.

But in the return leg barca showed what they were capable of and could and should have won by a much bigger margain than 3-1. Then again arsenal did defend well to keep the score down and scored from against the run of play when no one expected it after waves and waves of barca attacks but they were left helpless against that man Lionel Messi again who was ripping the arsenal backline to shreds. Overall the right team did manage to deservedly win the tie but it was Messi who once again stole the show especially at the Nou Camp.

Makaveli
28-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Real Madrid at the moment sum up anti-football for me. One of the game's best players in decades along with several more top class attacking threats and they "play" like that. 23% possession at home, playing for a 0-0. Pathetic. Why buy Ozil, di Maria, Kaka etc if they're not going to try to go out and win games?

Barca had it tough in the previous two games against the spoiling tactics and last night they used all the tricks of the trade to come away with the victory. Mourihno brought it to this.

Two more points... the Spanish (not exclusively) have always been like this - Barca hounding the ref against Hibs in the 60s, famously play acting for decades etc. To suggest Real are somehow less guilty is as laughable as the English commentators saying "thanks goodness we don't see this at home" when Sergio went down unnecessarily. Lampard, Gerard, Joe Cole? The Man Utd fan critcising the hounding of the ref clearly doesn't do irony. :faf:

As for Mourihno's interview, what can you say? Bitter doesn't cover it. I must have forgot that Real Madrid's history is riddled with victimisation at the hands of the Catalan-controlled European establishment. :rolleyes: He's just raging Pep was able to wrestle with a chimney sweep and come out clean.

Ritchie
28-04-2011, 11:53 AM

busquettes also.... he prides himself in being a self proclaimed hard man but rolls about clutching his face when no contact was made.

big blouse!! :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Real Madrid at the moment sum up anti-football for me. One of the game's best players in decades along with several more top class attacking threats and they "play" like that. 23% possession at home, playing for a 0-0. Pathetic. Why buy Ozil, di Maria, Kaka etc if they're not going to try to go out and win games?

Barca had it tough in the previous two games against the spoiling tactics and last night they used all the tricks of the trade to come away with the victory. Mourihno brought it to this.

Two more points... the Spanish (not exclusively) have always been like this - Barca hounding the ref against Hibs in the 60s, famously play acting for decades etc. To suggest Real are somehow less guilty is as laughable as the English commentators saying "thanks goodness we don't see this at home" when Sergio went down unnecessarily. Lampard, Gerard, Joe Cole? The Man Utd fan critcising the hounding of the ref clearly doesn't do irony. :faf:

As for Mourihno's interview, what can you say? Bitter doesn't cover it. I must have forgot that Real Madrid's history is riddled with victimisation at the hands of the Catalan-controlled European establishment. :rolleyes: He's just raging Pep was able to wrestle with a chimney sweep and come out clean.

Of course Mourinho is bitter. He has prided himself on his teams bullying and, dare i say, cheating their way to victory for years. Last night he came up against not only a better football team but also a team who were able to exploit his bullying tactics to their own advantage.

He should just be grateful Marcelo wasn't sent off for his stamp on Pedro.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Should it go tits-up for him in Madrid there's always a job waiting for Jose at Parkhead, or indeed Ibrox, or even, whisper it, the PBS, with that mindset.

Lago
28-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Not Hibs class

TornadoHibby
28-04-2011, 09:28 PM

:top marks

These guys are so good as players and as a team you have to wonder why they behave like cheats as they did against Real! :confused:

Sir David Gray
28-04-2011, 09:37 PM

The way I saw the incident was that Pepe was going in for the ball, didn't time it spot on and slightly caught Alves. It was certainly a foul and probably a yellow card but if we're now handing down straight red cards for that kind of challenge then football is finished as a contact sport.

I do think he made a genuine attempt to go for the ball.

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2011, 09:43 PM
:top marks

These guys are so good as players and as a team you have to wonder why they behave like cheats as they did against Real! :confused:

Not hard to figure out when you consider the 2 games they previously had. Real used the same tactics in those 2 games aswell, trying to spoil the game. Madrid won one and drew the other.

I think Barcelona thought they had to try get someone sent off to spoil Madrids spoiling tactics, so to say.

Seems a bit of a crap thing to do considering they're being touted as the greatest team ever.

Hope Man United pump these cheats in the final.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Would Messi get a game for us if Sproule signs?

Only joking!

Irish_Steve
28-04-2011, 09:48 PM
52 goals for the season - kinda says it all!

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Not hard to figure out when you consider the 2 games they previously had. Real used the same tactics in those 2 games aswell, trying to spoil the game. Madrid won one and drew the other.

I think Barcelona thought they had to try get someone sent off to spoil Madrids spoiling tactics, so to say.

Seems a bit of a crap thing to do considering they're being touted as the greatest team ever.

Nonsense, Barca were by far the better side when it was 11 v 11, remember they were the away side too. Both teams were at it in the acting stakes, they are each as bad as huntic on that score.

As for United, they never try and influence the refs, or chase after them do they? United beating them, you have more chance of licking the cheeks of your own backside imo

Jonnyboy
28-04-2011, 10:08 PM

Not a lot wrong with criticising Barca because some of them do go down like they've been shot by a sniper but let's be fair here as Di Maria is just as bad and Marcelino stamped on Pedro twice and got away with it. Evidence of the stamping became clear when the TV camera zoomed in on Pedro after he was subbed and you could clearly see the wound caused by a stamping stud.

The behaviour of many of the players is embarrassing in regard to their theatrics but I wouldn't say any one side was worse than the other :agree:

Speedy
28-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Exactly mate. He is not the pathetic and greedy modern day footballer who is only interested in money and doesn't give a toss about the club or the fans. He just gets on with it regardless on how much he is earning, even though it is big, and just plays the sport he loves. A role model for all youngsters.

Not sure how you can judge that. It's not like he has anywhere he can make the step up to and I'm sure barca are paying him loads as well. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Nonsense, Barca were by far the better side when it was 11 v 11, remember they were the away side too. Both teams were at it in the acting stakes, they are each as bad as huntic on that score.

As for United, they never try and influence the refs, or chase after them do they? United beating them, you have more chance of licking the cheeks of your own backside imo

They weren't the better side at all. They had more of the ball, but apart from the Villa chance in the first 10 minutes, can you tell me a time they looked like scoring? Barca are always going to have more possession, but they never done anything with it until Real Madrid went down to 10 men. And even then it took a slip from Marcelo and a moment of genius from Messi to win them the game.

You'd be a brave man to back anyone against United. They may not be the best team in the world, and they won't have as much of the ball as Barca, but with United's experience and will to win, it's not going to be as easy for Barca and some on here would think.

lapsedhibee
28-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Blimey, 24 hours on and you Manchester fans are still greeting because the only team you had a good chance of beating in the final got pumped. Barca were well on top all through that game, 11 v 11 or 11 v 10. Get over it!

Manchester have probably got a slim chance in the final - if they use Scholes to "mark" Messi. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
29-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Manchester have probably got a slim chance in the final - if they use Scholes to "mark" Messi. :agree:

But of course Scholes running around fouling people isn't cheating, no, only diving is cheating...

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2011, 09:53 AM
They weren't the better side at all. They had more of the ball, but apart from the Villa chance in the first 10 minutes, can you tell me a time they looked like scoring? Barca are always going to have more possession, but they never done anything with it until Real Madrid went down to 10 men. And even then it took a slip from Marcelo and a moment of genius from Messi to win them the game.

You'd be a brave man to back anyone against United. They may not be the best team in the world, and they won't have as much of the ball as Barca, but with United's experience and will to win, it's not going to be as easy for Barca and some on here would think.

I must have watched a different game to you, Barca had all the ball Madrid couldnt get near it. Thats the way they play, they wear the other team down, no team can chase the ball for 90 minutes, not even Madrid.

Barca would have picked them off imo 11 on the park or not.

As for backing against United, i have. I have a couple of hundred on Barca to win the cup at 3/1, taken months ago.

United should just concentrate on the league, thats all they have a chance of winning this season.

Wotherspiniesta
29-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I must have watched a different game to you, Barca had all the ball Madrid couldnt get near it. Thats the way they play, they wear the other team down, no team can chase the ball for 90 minutes, not even Madrid.

Barca would have picked them off imo 11 on the park or not.

As for backing against United, i have. I have a couple of hundred on Barca to win the cup at 3/1, taken months ago.

United should just concentrate on the league, thats all they have a chance of winning this season.

You're not listening to what I'm saying BH, I acknowledged that Barca had most of the ball, but highlighted the fact that they barely ever looked like scoring 11 v 11. Infact, just at the time Pepe got sent off, Madrid were having their best spell of the game.

If you don't think a team can defend for 90 minutes and win the match then you obviously never seen the Cope Del Rey final. Jose deployed exactly the same tactics as that night and it was working just fine for them.

As for the poster saying I'm gutted Barca look like getting to the final, it would have been a hard game whoever Man United got. But once again someone is lining up to have a go towards my English team leanings. So what's sadder? supporting an English team, or wanting an English team to fail because some random person over the internet supports them? :rolleyes:

Sylar
29-04-2011, 04:12 PM
You're not listening to what I'm saying BH, I acknowledged that Barca had most of the ball, but highlighted the fact that they barely ever looked like scoring 11 v 11. Infact, just at the time Pepe got sent off, Madrid were having their best spell of the game.

If you don't think a team can defend for 90 minutes and win the match then you obviously never seen the Cope Del Rey final. Jose deployed exactly the same tactics as that night and it was working just fine for them.

As for the poster saying I'm gutted Barca look like getting to the final, it would have been a hard game whoever Man United got. But once again someone is lining up to have a go towards my English team leanings. So what's sadder? supporting an English team, or wanting an English team to fail because some random person over the internet supports them? :rolleyes:

Technically, they didn't win a match after defending for 90 minutes though :greengrin

I'm not overly fussed who wins in the final to be honest. I'm not a fan of Man Utd and although I enjoy watching some of the football Barca are capable of playing, I thought they were shameful in their tactics the other night and won't be outwardly cheering for any side.

I just hope it's a decent spectacle, remembered for the RIGHT reasons.

TornadoHibby
29-04-2011, 04:56 PM
But of course Scholes running around fouling people isn't cheating, no, only diving is cheating...

I think that the fundamental and crucial dofference here is that Scholes would get yellow/red cards if he acted illegally in "stifling" Messi whereas most of the Barca players are well versed and rehearsed in making the slightest touch of an opponent on them look like it has been only marginally short of an assassination attempt! :confused:

They don't need to do it as they are good enough to win matches without it IMO but it would be very interesting to find out why they do it! :agree:

Maybe Mourinho will get the credit if his post match rant results in this horrible and very unsporting behaviour stopping! :hmmm: :dunno:

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 05:04 PM

Can't see the post where someone accused you of being gutted, but your Manchester goggles seem to distort an awful lot of the fitba you watch. Everyone else could see there was cheating of all sorts going on at the Bernabeu the other night - you seem to be the only one who thinks that Barcelona were significantly worse than Madrid. You would have been very, very happy for the 'anti-football' team to win the semi-final for the sole reason that that would have given your team a better chance in the final. Why deny it? :dunno:

marinello59
29-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I think that the fundamental and crucial dofference here is that Scholes would get yellow/red cards if he acted illegally in "stifling" Messi whereas most of the Barca players are well versed and rehearsed in making the slightest touch of an opponent on them look like it has been only marginally short of an assassination attempt! :confused:

They don't need to do it as they are good enough to win matches without it IMO but it would be very interesting to find out why they do it! :agree:

Maybe Mourinho will get the credit if his post match rant results in this horrible and very unsporting behaviour stopping! :hmmm: :dunno:

Aye, because he is totally innocent when it comes to sending teams out to play act. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
29-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Can't see the post where someone accused you of being gutted, but your Manchester goggles seem to distort an awful lot of the fitba you watch. Everyone else could see there was cheating of all sorts going on at the Bernabeu the other night - you seem to be the only one who thinks that Barcelona were significantly worse than Real. You would have been very, very happy for the 'anti-football' team to win the semi-final for the sole reason that that would have given your team a better chance in the final. Why deny it? :dunno:

What are you on about? I'm calling it like I see it. I thought Barcelona acted worse than Real Madrid the other night, and I'm sure you'll find that I'm not the only one that thinks so. They were both guilty of making the game a poor spectacle. I guess I'm just surprised and saddened that for all Barca are a brilliant side, they haad to stoop quite low the other night to put one over on Real. I couldn't give a monkeys which one of them plays Man United in the final, each one of them would give United a hard game for different reasons.

I just realised who you are anyway. Get over your obsession with my Man United posts. :rolleyes:

By the way, has Arsenal's confidence been dented yet? Maybe it's just my "Manchester goggles" distorting the fitbaw I watch... But I'd say the answer is YES.

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I thought Barcelona acted worse than Real Madrid the other night, and I'm sure you'll find that I'm not the only one that thinks so.
On this thread, only you and Tornadohibby. Lost count of the number who have said the two teams were as bad as each other.

I couldn't give a monkeys which one of them plays Man United in the final.
Good that you're over it. :aok:

By the way, has Arsenal's confidence been dented yet? Maybe it's just my "Manchester goggles" distorting the fitbaw I watch... But I'd say the answer is YES.
Have looked quite weary the last few matches I've seen them on the tellybox. If that's the same as 'losing their bottle' then I agree your analysis has been correct all along. I would have said it's a lack of stamina. And they certainly haven't had enough quality coming off the bench.

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Serious question: Do you think Mourinho is right in his apparent belief that the CL was fixed in 2009 and in 2011 for Barcelona to win it? Or that the referee in the match at the Bernabeu was favouring the playacting of Barcelona above that of Madrid? I don't watch much Spanish fitba so don't know how much rolling around shot is normal for that country.

DH1875
29-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Without doubt Messi is the best player in the world and could go on to become the greatest of all time. As for Barca, I don't get people at times. They were nothing short of a joke and and if it was any other team they would get slaughtered on here for their dirty cheating antics.

Don't get me wrong. Real were P/poor, dam awful and how Jose has got away with playing like that I don't know.

DaveF
29-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Both Madrid and Barcelona have plenty of players who cheat at every opportunity, so for any coach or player to try and take the high ground is a bit of a joke.

I could probably only single out Casillas and Messi as players who don't seem to have the 'book him ref' gestures and general cheating behaviour so clearly shown by every other player on the park.

Watching people like Ramos, Busquets, Albiol, Marcellino ...... is a complete turn off and I doubt I'll be watching the 2nd leg.

Oh, and Mourinho is a classless, arrogant ****wit who loves himself.

Tynie01011973
29-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Serious question: Do you think Mourinho is right in his apparent belief that the CL was fixed in 2009 and in 2011 for Barcelona to win it? Or that the referee in the match at the Bernabeu was favouring the playacting of Barcelona above that of Madrid? I don't watch much Spanish fitba so don't know how much rolling around shot is normal for that country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY&NR=1

This might explain Mourinho's belief in that he believe's that Barcelona seem to get 'the rub of the green' with decisions since HE has been managing teams against them.

It may well be that - having managed Chelsea/Inter Milan and now Real Madrid against Barcelona [and having had players sent off against them in a lot of these games] that he feels that some of the 'key' refereeing decisions ALWAYS seem to go against Barca's opposition. :dunno:

Personally, I don't agree with his assertion that the 'referee' was biased towards Barcelona.

However, the behaviour of BOTH teams players, trying to influence the referees in each of their recent 'El Classico' and CL Semi-Final games has been nothing short of shocking. Both clubs should be thoroughly ashamed that they have 'BOTH' stooped to such low levels of 'cheating/gamesmanship' - the pressure they put on Referees over every decision was way over the top and should be investigated and both teams fined/disciplined IMO.

:agree:

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY&NR=1

This might explain Mourinho's belief in that he believe's that Barcelona seem to get 'the rub of the green' with decisions since HE has been managing teams against them.

No ref in the world would have given four penalties for those. For me the first two were just typical Chelsea boys falling over in the box, and the fourth the Barca boy was turned away when the ball hit his shoulder/arm. Third one (Piquez handball) Barcelona were very lucky. Most of the furore over the 4 'definite' penalties was just the usual English press hysteria imo.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that UEFA or someone is pulling strings for Barca, however, when you consider what goes on in the SFA/GFA, which is basically as corrupt as in favour of the OFGTF.

However, the behaviour of BOTH teams players, trying to influence the referees in each of their recent 'El Classico' and CL Semi-Final games has been nothing short of shocking. Both clubs should be thoroughly ashamed that they have 'BOTH' stooped to such low levels of 'cheating/gamesmanship' - the pressure they put on Referees over every decision was way over the top and should be investigated and both teams fined/disciplined IMO.

:agree:

:agree: And in the UK as well. Watching that twally Mascherano screaming abuse all night long at the ref reminded me that an English ref did in fact send him off for doing that very thing when he was at Liverpuddle. Can't remember which ref it was now, but good on him. (Think it might have been in a game against Manchester, not sure.)

Speedy
29-04-2011, 10:43 PM
No ref in the world would have given four penalties for those. For me the first two were just typical Chelsea boys falling over in the box, and the fourth the Barca boy was turned away when the ball hit his shoulder/arm. Third one (Piquez handball) Barcelona were very lucky. Most of the furore over the 4 'definite' penalties was just the usual English press hysteria imo.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that UEFA or someone is pulling strings for Barca, however, when you consider what goes on in the SFA/GFA, which is basically as corrupt as in favour of the OFGTF.

The 4th one wasn't a pen. The other 3 could, and should, have been given. The 2nd one would have been soft but the rules are the rules.

Edit: For some reason I have it in my head that obstruction is only an indirect free kick so many the 1st one was an indirect free-kick rather than a pen.

2nd Edit: Given my first edit, maybe that explains why the play was taken back and a foul(and freekick) was given slightly outside the box.

Tynie01011973
29-04-2011, 11:09 PM
My take on it that the 1st + 3rd penalty claims were definately penalties. the 4th may be not so strong a claim

Dani Alves gets turned and definately blocks off Malouda from turning inside - contact made in the box :agree:

Pique knew what he was doing in preventing Anelka from flicking the ball past him :agree

Samuel Et'oo came out to block a shot on goal - but you cannot raise your arms in the current game to block goalbound shots - whether he can be classed as being too close to have a chance to react in time - in this instance very doubtful

As for Drogba - he is a 14st 6ft guy - he is known for going to ground easily - Sure Abidal had a grip of his shirt for a second or so but seriously is that enough to make him go to ground ? :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
29-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Drogba - he is a 14st 6ft girl

Fixed that for you.

Tynie01011973
29-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Fixed that for you.

:wink: Thx for that :greengrin

TornadoHibby
30-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Serious question: Do you think Mourinho is right in his apparent belief that the CL was fixed in 2009 and in 2011 for Barcelona to win it?

I think that he believes it to be the case and he will certainly have more awareness of circumstances and facts than any of us will so it is possible at least! :wink:

Or that the referee in the match at the Bernabeu was favouring the play acting of Barcelona above that of Madrid? I don't watch much Spanish fitba so don't know how much rolling around shot is normal for that country.

No, I don't believe that the ref last Wed night favoured Barca rather than RM in terms of not penalising play acting or cheating as I would prefer to call it! :agree:

However, there were more instances of Barca players "at it" than RM players and perhaps one of the most glaring examples of it resulted in Pepe getting a straight red card for challenging Dani Alves for a 50/50 ball, this decision changing the game entirely! Up till then it looked like RM, although the poorer fotball team, would get a draw to take to the away leg! This decision prevented that from happening IMO! :confused:

Check the tackle etc out here just in case you haven't seen it!

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/04/27/video-pepe-red-card-vs-barcelona-champions-league-2011-real-madrid/

Also, Alves was carried off on a stretcher, so bad was he feigning serious injury till Pepe was red carded, but even before the medics had him off the pitch he was trying to get off the stretcher and by the time the game was re-started, Alves was at the centre line seeking to get back onto the pitch and into the game! :wink:

Sorry, but this kind of behaviour absolutely stinks for me and Alves and the rest of them should get banned for this kind of thing every time it is done until they stop doing it! :agree:

Rant over!