PDA

View Full Version : Richie Towell Keen on coming back next season

Elephant Stone
27-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Sky Sports:

Hibernian loan star Richie Towell has revealed he would be happy to return to Easter Road next season.

Towell joined Hibs on loan from Celtic in the January transfer window and the versatile defender has impressed for Colin Calderwood's side.

The 19-year-old is well down the pecking order at Celtic and he is ready to hold talks with Neil Lennon (http://topics.skysports.com/Neil+Lennon/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif about returning to Edinburgh on loan again.
"I've loved it here and I don't think I could have dreamed of a better club to come to," Towell told the Daily Record.
"It is such a high standard to be playing at and to have featured regularly in a team that has been doing well has been fantastic for me.
"I will go back to Celtic in the summer and have a chat with Neil Lennon and the staff and see what they feel is best for me.
"It would be good if I could come back here - on loan or permanently - but I just want to play football."

I hope Hibs are doing all they can to make this happen. Towell and Booth have been brilliant in the full back positions and I'd hate to see it interrupted.

hibee92
27-04-2011, 01:20 PM
good news :thumbsup:

McKenzie
27-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Petrie, sign him up

.Sean.
27-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd like him to stay, though we'll still require a new RB - I reckon Hart will be released and McCann is clearly surplus to requirements.

Westie1875
27-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Wouldn't like another loan as it will only help Celtc get a fee for him, if we can sort out a permanent move then great.

hibiedude
27-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Great news because he's a very good player who gives his all.

Richie will never force his way into the celtic squad so its time he looks elsewhere for first team football and Hibs are in the position to offer that

Hibeesb0unc3
27-04-2011, 03:24 PM
read this early and it's good news as he does try his all and certainly adds something to the team. Maybe not the best at defending but going forward he can offer something and we could certainly make more effect of his long throw in

blairwallace
27-04-2011, 03:56 PM
if he moves back to celtic and says the same for them, there'll be angry people here

Bostonhibby
27-04-2011, 05:38 PM
When I look at all the gap fillers - and the true cost of having them - we have had for this key role over the seasons I would definitely find the money to put together a long term deal for this guy as our number 1 choice, over to you Rod.

Woody1985
27-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it won't happen as Celtic will probably try and extract every penny from us as we've done to them.

The Harp
27-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Great to read his complimentary quote in the press today:

"I've loved it, it has been unbelievable. I don't think I could have dreamed of a better club to have come to."

Good on you Richie.:aok: Here's hoping a permanent deal can be arranged rather than another loan.

ancient hibee
27-04-2011, 06:20 PM
He's a reasonable player but obviously lacks ambition or fancies an easier ride than he would get at Celtic.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2011, 06:32 PM
He's a reasonable player but obviously lacks ambition or fancies an easier ride than he would get at Celtic.

Hardly. If he's got no chance of making it at Celtic then he'd be a mug not to try start his career elsewhere instead of wasting away behind the scenes.

ancient hibee
27-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Hardly. If he's got no chance of making it at Celtic then he'd be a mug not to try start his career elsewhere instead of wasting away behind the scenes.
If he had ambition he would back himself to succeed at Celtic.Instead he'll settle for second best.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2011, 06:42 PM
If he had ambition he would back himself to succeed at Celtic.Instead he'll settle for second best.

Maybe he realises that going a step back is sometimes necessary to progress. He will know himself if he is in lennons plans, and with Mark Wilson there already and a new under-21 right back joining in the summer, it looks like he isn't. He will know that he is likely to get first team experience here and that we will allow him to move on when the time is right

Elephant Stone
27-04-2011, 07:08 PM

If he went back to Celtic he'd be criticised for lacking ambition by going back to take a decent wage and make up numbers. If he knows he has no chance of breaking through then choosing to come and make a name for himself at Hibs shows more ambition than that IMO.

Woody1985
27-04-2011, 07:14 PM
If he went back to Celtic he'd be criticised for lacking ambition by going back to take a decent wage and make up numbers. If he knows he has no chance of breaking through then choosing to come and make a name for himself at Hibs shows more ambition than that IMO.

yep, see Charlie Adam.

Nando™
27-04-2011, 07:17 PM
"It is such a high standard to be playing at and to have featured regularly in a team that has been doing well has been fantastic for me."

The lad is clearly mental.

bighairyfaeleith
27-04-2011, 07:43 PM

We're second best to nae ****!!

IWasThere2016
27-04-2011, 07:59 PM
"It is such a high standard to be playing at and to have featured regularly in a team that has been doing well has been fantastic for me."

The lad is clearly mental.

What's the stats since he joined?

Sir David Gray
27-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Games that he's been involved in since he signed;

P-12
W-6
D-3
L-3
F-15
A-13
PTS-21

Cocaine&Caviar
27-04-2011, 08:31 PM

P-12
W-6
D-3
L-3
F-15
A-13
PTS-21

Cant argue with a 50% winning ratio.

Nando™
27-04-2011, 08:34 PM
'Meh' in my opinion, nearly half of the games we've played since then have been against St Mirren and Hamilton, teams who we should be humping every time we play them but aren't.The only good teams we've beat are Killie and ICT, we needed Hearts to get a man sent off for us to even come close to beating one of the teams at the top. Dundee United, Celtic and Rangers all humped us.

We underachieve when we're in the bottom 6, we should be challenging for Europe every single season.

seanraff07
27-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Great news if he stays longer IMO, if he signed permanently it would be a great bit of business from us as I really rate him. And mind he's still only 19, still got plenty of time to mature and improve, no one has ever really held down the RB position and made it theres since Whittaker left.

HibeeMcGinn1
28-04-2011, 10:04 AM

Absolute drivel

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Absolute drivel

Of course it is. If he had real ambition, he'd be pushing his agent to get on the phone to Pep to get a Barc contract sorted out.

And if he had barca ambition, he'd be at his agent to get on the phone to Jose to get a Real contract sorted out.

IWasThere2016
28-04-2011, 01:51 PM

P-12
W-6
D-3
L-3
F-15
A-13
PTS-21

:thumbsup:

Cant argue with a 50% winning ratio.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
28-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Of course it is. If he had real ambition, he'd be pushing his agent to get on the phone to Pep to get a Barc contract sorted out.

And if he had barca ambition, he'd be at his agent to get on the phone to Jose to get a Real contract sorted out.

Or the Yams :wink: :greengrin

dangermouse
28-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Or the Yams :wink: :greengrin

You've taken that too far :wink:

Stevie Reid
28-04-2011, 02:31 PM
If we retain the services of Towell and sign Jamie Hammill, who can both play RB and mifield, I'll be happy with our cover at RB.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-04-2011, 03:18 PM
You get the feeling that if he comes back to Easter Road, he feels he will be playing every week no matter what? Not sure I am that ok, with bodies assuming that they are automatic picks. What I would as well, in terms of wages, is that this boy is a very distant relation to the Celtc first team and although they live beyond their means, they are not a bottomless pit. Would the gulf between a youth/fringe squad player at Celtc and first teamer for us, with appearance and bonus money be so big?

aberhibsfc
28-04-2011, 05:59 PM
:wtf:

ancient hibee
28-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Quite simple-he thinks he's a shoo in at ER.Won't have to fight for a place and it's not the end of the world if Hibs lose.I think he's a better player than Mark Wilson and certainly more potential for development.Obviously he doesn't think so.

3pm
28-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Quite simple-he thinks he's a shoo in at ER.Won't have to fight for a place and it's not the end of the world if Hibs lose.I think he's a better player than Mark Wilson and certainly more potential for development.Obviously he doesn't think so.

You think Richie Towell is better than Mark Wilson?

Golden Bear
28-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Or he's intelligent enough to realise that at his age his career path will benefit from a move to Hibs and the real prospect of regular first team football is more attractive than a very rare appearance for the smelly ones.

IWasThere2016
28-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Or he's intelligent enough to realise that at his age his career path will benefit from a move to Hibs and the real prospect of regular first team football is more attractive than a very rare appearance for the smelly ones.

Yup - as stated months ago - expect RT at Hibs.

HibbyAndy
29-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Wouldnt be a bad addition i suppose, Certainly not creaming myself as some seem to be tho.

Decent enough..Still loads to learn defensively.

jimmy-adjovi
26-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Petrie, sign him up

Get the cheque book out Rod!!

LeighLoyal
26-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Waste of space imo.

Hibercelona
26-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Now wheres that "Konte looks like a great prospect" thread..... :greengrin

Golden Bear
26-09-2012, 03:31 PM
It's obviously a slow news day today!

cocopops1875
26-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Get the cheque book out Rod!!

I'm on to you:troll:

Piqué
26-09-2012, 04:19 PM
So is there any reason this thread from April has been brought up again? He is without a club but I don't really think we need him any more...