PDA

View Full Version : Scottish cup

hibee-shtuggie
26-04-2011, 12:51 PM
How is it Motherwell are only getting 16,000 tickets for the final? They requested half, which is fair enough, and they are given 16,000. When will the old-firm bias end?

Green forever
26-04-2011, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=hibee-shtuggie;2787911]How is it Motherwell are only getting 16,000 tickets for the final? They requested half, which is fair enough, and they are given 16,000. When will the old-firm bias end?[/QUOTE

The answer is never.

degenerated
26-04-2011, 12:53 PM
How is it Motherwell are only getting 16,000 tickets for the final? They requested half, which is fair enough, and they are given 16,000. When will the old-firm bias end?

iirc that is half of the available tickets for the cup final, the other 20,000 are kept to allow bunterish lickpsittles the opportunity to get their snout in the trough :agree:

Diclonius
26-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Why do corporate interests get more tickets than the support for one entire team?

I've never got that.

hibee-shtuggie
26-04-2011, 12:55 PM
iirc that is half of the available tickets for the cup final, the other 20,000 are kept to allow bunterish lickpsittles the opportunity to get their snout in the trough :agree:

I thought the figure for the 'executive tickets' was around 10,000, so that would leave 42,000 for general sale. Meaning that Motherwell are getting less than 2/5s?

degenerated
26-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Why do corporate interests get more tickets than the support for one entire team?

I've never got that.

each member club also gets a ticket allocation for the final as well.

SRHibs
26-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm sure it's just being done to maximise ticket sales. Can't see Motherwell attracting much more than 16,000 supporters to be honest.

Stevie Reid
26-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Hard to sympathise when they played in a semi final attended by less than 12,000 supporters and the game was played only a few miles away.

lucky
26-04-2011, 01:23 PM
They regularly attract around 4000 fans for their games. As such get 4 times that amount seems very good. Celtic attract 40000 and above so the regular football goer is losing out. So can't see how the old firm are gaining here

col02
26-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Motherwell have gained big time in the allocation of tickets it would appear as like already mentioned they hardly warrant a figure on par with Celtic! If I was an ST holder at Parkhead I would be a bit miffed at missing out on a cup final to some part time Motherwell fan!

magnificent_seven
26-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Hard to sympathise when they played in a semi final attended by less than 12,000 supporters and the game was played only a few miles away.

Spot on. I personally don't think they deserve half when they bring a dreadful support everywhere they go. Home crowds are mince too.

IanM
26-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Motherwell have gained big time in the allocation of tickets it would appear as like already mentioned they hardly warrant a figure on par with Celtic! If I was an ST holder at Parkhead I would be a bit miffed at missing out on a cup final to some part time Motherwell fan!

spot on - embarrassing semi final figures and even more embarrassing to be asking for more tickets than what they sold for the semi final..

_hucks_
26-04-2011, 02:03 PM
spot on - embarrassing semi final figures and even more embarrassing to be asking for more tickets than what they sold for the semi final..

There will always be higher demand for tickets in the final that semi finals. I don't think any non OF club would sell a significant amount of tickets to a semi unless the fixture in itself was a biggy (ie against old firm or derby match). A lot of folks will opt not to travel for the semi knowing they'll have to do it all over again for the final or watch their team lose!

sKipper
26-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Motherwell will get the full allocation of 22000 only if they sell the initial 16k quickly.

If they dont the withheld 6k will go to Celtic.

The prawn sandwich lot and other clubs get 10k. The vast majority of which will end up in Celtic supporters hands.

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 02:12 PM
How many did killie get for the league cup final :confused:
I think Motherwell should get about the same as they get roughly the same crowds, and both have the potential to bring around 16/18000 fans for a final.
Just look at Hibs/Hearts in the past when we played in a semi final, then compare it to how many went to the final :agree:

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 02:24 PM
How many did killie get for the league cup final :confused:
I think Motherwell should get about the same as they get roughly the same crowds, and both have the potential to bring around 16/18000 fans for a final.
Just look at Hibs/Hearts in the past when we played in a semi final, then compare it to how many went to the final :agree:

IIRC there were only around 6000 of us Hibs fans there on that Thursday night when we beat Rangers on pens to make the final but everybody wanted a ticket for the final v Livingston because they were seemingly lesser opposition but didnt bother turning up for the semi. It would be the same with any other SPL team put in that position.

I also dont buy this im not going to Tynie, Parkhead or Ibrox because i wont give them the money pash. :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2011, 03:01 PM
IIRC there were only around 6000 of us Hibs fans there on that Thursday night when we beat Rangers on pens to make the final but everybody wanted a ticket for the final v Livingston because they were seemingly lesser opposition but didnt bother turning up for the semi. It would be the same with any other SPL team put in that position.

I also dont buy this im not going to Tynie, Parkhead or Ibrox because i wont give them the money pash. :bitchy:

:top marks:top marks:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2011, 03:03 PM
How anyone on here can slate Motherwell fans is beyond me..... The crowd on Sunday was 7.2k..... Did we not take 38,000 to the livingston final?

Quite a considerable difference in anyone's book

Stevie Reid
26-04-2011, 03:05 PM
How anyone on here can slate Motherwell fans is beyond me..... The crowd on Sunday was 7.2k..... Did we not take 38,000 to the livingston final?

Quite a considerable difference in anyone's book

Which means we most likely had more supporters at a game on Easter Sunday which was largely meaningless (for us) and was live on the telly than they did at their first cup semi final in 5 years - a game that was played on their doorstep and was very winnable, as proved by the scoreline.

Very poor comparison IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Which means we most likely had more supporters at a game on Easter Sunday which was largely meaningless (for us) and was live on the telly than they did at their first cup semi final in 5 years - a game that was played on their doorstep and was very winnable, as proved by the scoreline.

Poor comparison how?? Look at our average home games then and what is the attendance? Im guessing roughly 12k, still 26,000 short of Livingston Final.... Is that a better comparison for you? It still equates to the same thing

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 03:19 PM

So what happened when we played Hearts in the SC SF when we did not even sell half our tickets....FFS our biggest rival in Cup semi..:brickwall

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Poor comparison how?? Look at our average home games then and what is the attendance? Im guessing roughly 12k, still 26,000 short of Livingston Final.... Is that a better comparison for you? It still equates to the same thing

roughly 3 times more went to Livingston Final, so works out about the same with Motherwell who have about 5,000 at home games, give or take a few

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2011, 03:20 PM
So what happened when we played Hearts in the SC SF when we did not even sell half our tickets....FFS our biggest rival in Cup semi..:brickwall

Exactly......A poor crowd that day from us

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 03:25 PM
btw....why are we even having this discussion about the DIDDY Cup anyway, let just leave to the BIG teams who have a special relationship with it!

:greengrin

Stevie Reid
26-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Motherwell have had a very good season, and secured their place in the top 6 prior to semi, winning 3 and drawing 1 of their 4 matches in the run up to the game. The game was their first semi final in 5 years and played on a Saturday against opposition that were very beatable and on a poor run themselves, and played at Hampden which is very close to Motherwell - yet they couldn't attract more than 10,000 of their own supporters along to the game. Now they are getting 10,000 more tickets than their average home attendance - very reasonable IMO.

Yes we took 38,000 to Livi, but that was due to the fact that the opposition was Livingston who were considered to be very beatable and would only take a tiny support themselves, so the extra tickets were available no matter what. Had we being playing either of the Old Firm we would have been laughed at had we asked for an allocation of 38,000. If we were in the final against the OF this year and got an allocation of 22,000 - 10,000 more than our average home gate - then we would be well served IMO.

The issue here is that Celtic obviously have much more of a claim to more tickets than Motherwell in every way - average home attendance and semi final turn out. Why should Motherwell get more tickets?

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 03:36 PM

We sold more than half mate

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Motherwell have had a very good season, and secured their place in the top 6 prior to semi, winning 3 and drawing 1 of their 4 matches in the run up to the game. The game was their first semi final in 5 years and played on a Saturday against opposition that were very beatable and on a poor run themselves, and played at Hampden which is very close to Motherwell - yet they couldn't attract more than 10,000 of their own supporters along to the game. Now they are getting 10,000 more tickets than their average home attendance - very reasonable IMO.

Yes we took 38,000 to Livi, but that was due to the fact that the opposition was Livingston who were considered to be very beatable and would only take a tiny support themselves, so the extra tickets were available no matter what. Had we being playing either of the Old Firm we would have been laughed at had we asked for an allocation of 38,000. If we were in the final against the OF this year and got an allocation of 22,000 - 10,000 more than our average home gate - then we would be well served IMO.

The issue here is that Celtic obviously have much more of a claim to more tickets than Motherwell in every way - average home attendance and semi final turn out. Why should Motherwell get more tickets?

Because they are entitled to them surely?. It should not be the case that your avge gate is only around 5k so your only getting 10k. Ticket allocations should be 50/50. Tae hell sponsors and fat cats who expect tickets for all major games at Hampden.

Stevie Reid
26-04-2011, 03:40 PM
[Because they are entitled to them

In what way? Under SFA rules? In which case they will get what they are entitled to.

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 04:00 PM
We sold more than half mate
Not according to the TO :wink:

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 04:01 PM
In what way? Under SFA rules? In which case they will get what they are entitled to.

You mean these rules they make up as they go along to suit the ugly sisters? The same rules that have been proven inconsistent by a QC? :confused:

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Not according to the TO :wink:

Ok if im wrong i stand corrected. I thought we had sold more than half. I was there anyway so i did my bit. :greengrin

Cameron1875
26-04-2011, 04:03 PM

It was an early start that day... :wink:

Dashing Bob S
26-04-2011, 04:06 PM

I've never got that.

Something to do with the hierarchial, elitist, class-based nature of modern western capitalist society?

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 04:14 PM
No team should have any fair advantage in a cup final no matter how many season ticket they sell. If a team can't sell their split, then that's their problem, but at the same time, why should the SFA give the OF the spare tickets....they just as well playing it at Ibrox or Parkhead.
Look at Manure, the have the biggest gates in England (& possibly most of Europe) but they get an equal split in tickets for a final...and you don't here them moan like the old firm :agree:

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok if im wrong i stand corrected. I thought we had sold more than half. I was there anyway so i did my bit. :greengrin
Me to, and tried to put on a bit of weight to fill in some of the spaces :greengrin
FAILED!!

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Me to, and tried to put on a bit of weight to fill in some of the spaces :greengrin
FAILED!!

Yes i know a few chunkys that could have filled a few seats :greengrin

snooky
26-04-2011, 04:58 PM

....... or in previous cup finals, some part time Rangers fan(s)

Motherwell should get half the tickets and give any they don't use back for their opposition's use. Fair's fair.

:hmmm: Emmm wait a minute, we're talking about the SFA here...........
Scrub the "fair's fair" bit. :cool2:

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Why should Motherwell get a 50/50? You're lucky if they have 5000 attendees at Fir Park every other Saturday, so where are the other 15-20000 'fans' coming from?

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Why should Motherwell get a 50/50? You're lucky if they have 5000 attendees at Fir Park every other Saturday, so where are the other 15-20000 'fans' coming from?

Our average gate is only around 10-12k every season. So how did we take 38,000 to hampden for the final against Livingston. part-timers and arm chair teletext fans. Motherwell will have them aswell.

bingo70
26-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Because this could be the last time in 20+ years they get to a cup final, any old firm fans that miss out this time will probably have 2 cup finals every season for the majority of there lifetime so will have plenty opportunity to see their team in a cup final.

If someone chooses to support the old firm they'll get a lot more success than non old firm clubs, however the down side is that they might miss out on the odd bigger game because there'll be more demand for tickets because of the succes they all get to enjoy.

It should start as a 50/50 split then any that don't get sold should then go to the other side

Barney McGrew
26-04-2011, 05:20 PM

So by that logic, if we were to reach the final against one of the OF we should only be asking for 11,000 tickets since that's our average number of attendees at ER every second week?

Every club will have a support that only want tickets for big games, and we'd be no different to Motherwell either if we were in the final.

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 05:32 PM
So by that logic, if we were to reach the final against one of the OF we should only be asking for 11,000 tickets since that's our average number of attendees at ER every second week?

Every club will have a support that only want tickets for big games, and we'd be no different to Motherwell either if we were in the final.I reckon we've probably got just under 20,000 folk who attend on a fairly regular basis. You've got the season ticket holders then the folk that attend when they can, ie when they aint working, have cash, don't have family stuff on the day of the match etc etc.

Motherwell, however, do not. Look at it as I do - Say you're a Celtic season ticket holder and travel here, there and everywhere over the course of the season to watch your team, yet when cup final day comes you can't get a ticket as there are folk in the 'Well end who are taking their uninterested girlfriends, wives, daughters etc as it's an occassion, or there's a guy with a ticket who hasn't been to Fir Park for X amount of years. You'd be raging and rightly so. I reckon 15000 would be a fairly generous allocation for Motherwell.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Motherwell, however, do not. Look at it as I do - Say you're a Celtic season ticket holder and travel here, there and everywhere over the course of the season to watch your team, yet when cup final day comes you can't get a ticket as there are folk in the 'Well end who are taking their uninterested girlfriends, wives, daughters etc as it's an occassion, or there's a guy with a ticket who hasn't been to Fir Park for X amount of years. You'd be raging and rightly so. I reckon 15000 would be a fairly generous allocation for Motherwell.[/QUOTE]

Same as the situation that pops up when we go to Tynie. When we sell out all you get is aw FFS i couldnt get a ticket. Well it wasnt that a few years back when there was plenty tickets for the games and they never bothered then. Thursday night 1800 Hibbys springs to mind 0-1 to Hibs. Folk either wont go because its on the tele or they wont give them the money pish. Its the same folk that moan when they cant get a ticket. Several games away to hearts have not sold out in recent years. But the first time it sells out if the team is playing semi decent theres the moaners who cant get tickets and say its not fair we should get more:blah::grr:

Rant over :greengrin :thumbsup:

bingo70
26-04-2011, 05:38 PM
I reckon we've probably got just under 20,000 folk who attend on a fairly regular basis. You've got the season ticket holders then the folk that attend when they can, ie when they aint working, have cash, don't have family stuff on the day of the match etc etc.

Motherwell, however, do not. Look at it as I do - Say you're a Celtic season ticket holder and travel here, there and everywhere over the course of the season to watch your team, yet when cup final day comes you can't get a ticket as there are folk in the 'Well end who are taking their uninterested girlfriends, wives, daughters etc as it's an occassion, or there's a guy with a ticket who hasn't been to Fir Park for X amount of years. You'd be raging and rightly so. I reckon 15000 would be a fairly generous allocation for Motherwell.

But the same Celtic fan that loses out for this cup final could quite realistically see his team win around 40 odd trophies in his lifetime, (probably more when i think about it though), if a motherwell fan loses out that could realistically be his only chance to see his team win a trophy which is probably one of the main reasons smaller clubs struggle to attract fans and end up losing them to the likes of the old firm.

Antifa Hibs
26-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Percentage wise to their home gate Motherwell had about 120% at their semi wereas Celtic had about 40% of their home gate. Therefore Motherwell should get more :agree:

In all seriousness the only fair way is 50/50. If one team sells out and the other doesn't then they should get the remaining tickets.

"If I was a Celtic season ticket holder i'd be raging"

Potentially the same Celtic season ticket holders that couldn't be arsed travelling 3 miles for a semi-final? Aberdeen had 8000 tickets sold, Celtic could've had 40,000 tickets if they wanted, they sold just 20,000. Everyone at the semi should get one, the rest can **** off.

And why do people bring up SPL attendences. They're different competitions!

Antifa Hibs
26-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I reckon we've probably got just under 20,000 folk who attend on a fairly regular basis. You've got the season ticket holders then the folk that attend when they can, ie when they aint working, have cash, don't have family stuff on the day of the match etc etc.

As I said in my post above, Celtic sold 20,000 tickets for the semi final. They could've had 40,000 if they wanted. What happened to all those Tims "Celtic season ticket holder and travel here, there and everywhere over the course of the season to watch your team" a few weeks ago? How is a Celtic fan who couldn't be arsed going to the semi any more deserving of a ticket over a Motherwell fan wasn't their.

Hibs - Rangers Scottish Cup Final next year, 10k for Hibs will be sound aye :confused:

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Nope, 10000 wouldn't be fine. As I said we probably have 20000 who appear over the course of a season, so 20000 we should ask for.

Where are Motherwell's extra 20,000 coming crawling from?

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Nope, 10000 wouldn't be fine. As I said we probably have 20000 who appear over the course of a season, so 20000 we should ask for.

Same place our extra 22,000 crawled from for the Livi final.

Antifa Hibs
26-04-2011, 05:52 PM

20k..? No chance IMO. I'd say 15k different Hibbys have been through the turnstiles this season at an absulute maximum.

Where are the 20,000 crawling from? Probably the same place the 20,000 Hibbys crawled out from in 2004.

What's the excuses from yer 25000 pals at Parkhead that couldn't be arsed jumping on a bus or walking 3 miles to Hampden for the semi last week?

bingo70
26-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Probably Motherwell, unlike Celtic they have to rely on mainly local support and motherwell is not exactly a big place.

If motherwell can attract that sort of crowd they deserve to be congratulated.

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 05:59 PM
20k..? No chance IMO. I'd say 15k different Hibbys have been through the turnstiles this season at an absulute maximum.

Where are the 20,000 crawling from? Probably the same place the 20,000 Hibbys crawled out from in 2004.

What's the excuses from yer 25000 pals at Parkhead that couldn't be arsed jumping on a bus or walking 3 miles to Hampden for the semi last week?What 'pals from Parkhead' are you on about?

I couldn't care less where they were, tbh. Question for you - Say there's a 50/50 split and Motherwell do sell the 25,000. There's a guy in the pub watching the game, ticketless, that's a Celtic season ticket holder, followed his side home and away for years but couldn't attend the semi for whatever reason. Then there's some laddies bird in the Motherwell end purely as it's the fina who spends all game texting on the phone as she's no interested in the game. Tell me, who'd deserve that ticket more?

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 06:01 PM
What 'pals from Parkhead' are you on about?

I couldn't care less where they were, tbh. Question for you - Say there's a 50/50 split and Motherwell do sell the 25,000. There's a guy in the pub watching the game, ticketless, that's a Celtic season ticket holder, followed his side home and away for years but couldn't attend the semi for whatever reason. Then there's some laddies bird in the Motherwell end purely as it's the fina who spends all game texting on the phone as she's no interested in the game. Tell me, who'd deserve that ticket more?

Maybe his burd went to the semi though? :) If your not fast your last imo.

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 06:02 PM
If your not fast your last imo.Don't think that would be the case mate, if Celtic got 25,000 there would surely be a ballot for season ticket holders.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't think that would be the case mate, if Celtic got 25,000 there would surely be a ballot for season ticket holders.

But if theres a ballot then surely theres going to be 30,000 Celtic fans missing out as they have 55,000 seasontickets holders or something. I would find it hard to believe that any one celtic fan could make every game this season with ballots for away games due to low allocations for away fans.

But they are used to this and this is luck of the draw for them

Removed
26-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't think that would be the case mate, if Celtic got 25,000 there would surely be a ballot for season ticket holders.

If it was a Hibs v Celtc final how do you think the tickets should be allocated?

Antifa Hibs
26-04-2011, 06:14 PM

If they bought their semi tickets through a season ticket, they are guranteed one. So say 21,000 are snapped up, that leaves 3000 for yer mates for who couldnae make it. After all it is only a semi-final, if something comes up like washing the car or cutting the grass then off course that gets priority over a trip to Hampden :agree:

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 06:15 PM
If it was a Hibs v Celtc final how do you think the tickets should be allocated?

Well how was it done the last time we met in a final. Was it not 50/50 then aswell?
:dunno::dunno:

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 06:18 PM
If it was a Hibs v Celtc final how do you think the tickets should be allocated?I reckon 20,000 would be a fair amount for Hibs.

Removed
26-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Well how was it done the last time we met in a final. Was it not 50/50 then aswell?

Yup. Only fair way imo.

Removed
26-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I reckon 20,000 would be a fair amount for Hibs.

So you'd be happy too see Celtc have more support at the game and genuine Hibbys miss out?

A cup final is like a number 22 for the OF. Miss one and there's another along in 5 mins.

.Sean.
26-04-2011, 06:31 PM
So you'd be happy too see Celtc have more support at the game and genuine Hibbys miss out?

A cup final is like a number 22 for the OF. Miss one and there's another along in 5 mins.
I do see the point you're making, but many of our hypothetical 25,000 can't be arsed going to Easter Road so why should they get a ticket for a final? I'm not talking about the thousands of genuine Hibbies that obviously can't go every week due to family commitments, work, cashflow etc but the thousands that can go but simply don't.

bingo70
26-04-2011, 06:31 PM

:agree:

It's a choice they make when they choose to support a team that wins things all the time.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Yup. Only fair way imo.

100% :agree:

Lets face it there would be witch hunt if Celtic got say 25,000 and Hibs got 15,000 and the res to corporate,hospitallity etc. We would be claiming bias towards Celtic.

Removed
26-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I do see the point you're making, but many of our hypothetical 25,000 can't be arsed going to Easter Road so why should they get a ticket for a final? I'm not talking about the thousands of genuine Hibbies that obviously can't go every week due to family commitments, work, cashflow etc but the thousands that can go but simply don't.

Maybe years of underachievement have taken their toll. I wouldn't hold that against anyone.

KWJ
26-04-2011, 07:31 PM
It's meant to be neutral. 50/50.

I remember being incensed that there were Celtic fans in the Hibs end in 2001 then hearing that it was because we couldn't sell all our tickets. Bull****.

Keith_M
26-04-2011, 08:24 PM
It's meant to be neutral. 50/50.

I remember being incensed that there were Celtic fans in the Hibs end in 2001 then hearing that it was because we couldn't sell all our tickets. Bull****.

That's total garbage (I realise you're not the one saying it). Hibs promised that everyone who attended the semi would get aticket for the final, then went back on their word when they realised they could get more for 'corporate packages'.

They had some kind of secret ballot, where around 2-3,000 of those at the semi, myself included, didn't get a final ticket. I was even more raging when I saw Celtc fans in the Hibs end, basically where me and the other Hibbies that missed out should have been sitting!

----------------------------

Back to the original point.
All clubs should get the chance to sell half of the tickets for a final, to ensure it doesn't turn into yet another home game for the OF. If they can't sell them all, the rest should be offered to the other club. Apparently, that's exactly what's happening, so I see no problem.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Because this could be the last time in 20+ years they get to a cup final, any old firm fans that miss out this time will probably have 2 cup finals every season for the majority of there lifetime so will have plenty opportunity to see their team in a cup final.

If someone chooses to support the old firm they'll get a lot more success than non old firm clubs, however the down side is that they might miss out on the odd bigger game because there'll be more demand for tickets because of the succes they all get to enjoy.

It should start as a 50/50 split then any that don't get sold should then go to the other side

:top marks

Word for word what I would have posted on this.

Cup finals are played at a neutral venue for a reason. If one team has three quarters of the support in the ground then its not a neutral venue. If one of the teams cant sell its allocation then its only fair to offer whats left to the other club.

But only after they have had a chance to see if they can sell their half.

Hamish
26-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I agree with bingo70. Never really got this argument that if you have X number of season ticket holders that you should get X number of tickets for a final. Its a neutral ground so no team should have an advantage in terms of supporter numbers IF the opponents can sell half the capacity. I would have thought 'Well could sell 20,000 for a final quite easily.

seanraff07
26-04-2011, 10:58 PM

Didn't our Ticket Office mess up with our sales though - 1 ticket per ST holder? That was never going to work...

matty_f
26-04-2011, 11:01 PM
This thread's like an uber-fan's wet dream!:greengrin

I agree with those saying that it should start 50/50 then the unsold tickets get offered up to the opposition.

Nobody wants to see Hampden half empty for the cup final, but at the same time it's supposed to be a neutral venue so a 50/50 split to begin with is appropriate.

There will be OF fans who travel home and away that miss out on cup final tickets. That's the chance they take when they follow the OF.

Also hate this 'crawled out' pish about fans that came to our cup finals, suppose everyone would have preferred it if they'd stayed at home and we took 14k or so to the final?

A cup final is traditionally a big event. I've got an Uncle who came up from Scunthorpe for the Livi final. He doesn't go everyweek but has 'supported' Hibs for many, many years. He never crawled out of anywhere to get there.

Removed
26-04-2011, 11:23 PM

I agree with those saying that it should start 50/50 then the unsold tickets get offered up to the opposition.

Nobody wants to see Hampden half empty for the cup final, but at the same time it's supposed to be a neutral venue so a 50/50 split to begin with is appropriate.

There will be OF fans who travel home and away that miss out on cup final tickets. That's the chance they take when they follow the OF.

Also hate this 'crawled out' pish about fans that came to our cup finals, suppose everyone would have preferred it if they'd stayed at home and we took 14k or so to the final?

A cup final is traditionally a big event. I've got an Uncle who came up from Scunthorpe for the Livi final. He doesn't go everyweek but has 'supported' Hibs for many, many years. He never crawled out of anywhere to get there.

:agree:

I had relatives who travelled half way round the world for the killie final and I took my wife. She only goes to one or two games every season but she knows how much Hibs mean to me and wanted to be with me and the bairns but .sean. thinks some Celtc st holder would be more deserving if it was us in the SC final. Give me strength :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
27-04-2011, 05:38 AM

Agreed - and it is only right that those with STs get a ticket first (as Hibs have done in the recent past).

The Falcon
27-04-2011, 06:57 AM
There is no point of having a match at a "neutral" venue if all steps are not taken to ensure parity between the participants. Motherwell are entitled to half the available tickets on those grounds alone. If they were to give that up then they may as well play the game at Celtic Park.

If they cant sell all their tickets then fair enough they should go to Celtic, who will pick up the greatest majority of the "corporate" and member clubs tickets anyway.
We took a big support to both Livi and Kille games on those grounds.

Interestingly the SF ticket sales are all pooled and split four ways so when we played Hearts ticket sales for Hibs were IRO 20k out of an attendance of 43,180, so I dont know where the TO are getting their info as its different from mine, the cash was split evenly between Hibs, Hearts, Dundee and Gretna (att 14,179)

The previous year we lost to Dundee Utd at Hampden in front of 27,271 when United sold less than 5k tickets for a SF on a Saturday. The other SF was between Hearts and Celtic in front of 38,505. Out of those four teams Hibs sold the most tickets that year. Hearts disgraced themselves during a silence for the Pope.

The year following the Hearts debacle we played Dunfermline twice at Hampden also inthe SF with 25,536 watching the first game (17k Hibs) but only 8536 (7k Hibs) watching the second.

Motherwell will sell their 16k allocation reasonably comfortably.

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2011, 08:50 AM

What are you blabbering on about? The crowd that day was 43K+... about 24K of them and 19K Hibs, each allocated about 26K. Last time I checked 19K is more than half of 26K.

The only way you could be correct is if there were over 35K Jambos there!

JimBHibees
27-04-2011, 09:05 AM

Completely agree, cup finals are meant to be neutral venues and each club should get the same opportunity to sell their allocation if there are spares then it makes sense to give the rest to a team who can sell more. This nonsense about a bigger team getting more is exactly that nonsense. The game is already a home game for the OF in that it is in their city so they shouldnt get any more advantage if possible.

No doubt when Man Utd played Millwall in the FA Cup final they would have been given an equal share or at least an opportunity to sell half of the tickets allocated to the clubs taking part.

JimBHibees
27-04-2011, 09:06 AM
What are you blabbering on about? The crowd that day was 43K+... about 24K of them and 19K Hibs, each allocated about 26K. Last time I checked 19K is more than half of 26K.

The only way you could be correct is if there were over 35K Jambos there!

Hearts fans would like to think there was. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Percentage wise to their home gate Motherwell had about 120% at their semi wereas Celtic had about 40% of their home gate. Therefore Motherwell should get more :agree:

In all seriousness the only fair way is 50/50. If one team sells out and the other doesn't then they should get the remaining tickets.

"If I was a Celtic season ticket holder i'd be raging"

Potentially the same Celtic season ticket holders that couldn't be arsed travelling 3 miles for a semi-final? Aberdeen had 8000 tickets sold, Celtic could've had 40,000 tickets if they wanted, they sold just 20,000. Everyone at the semi should get one, the rest can **** off.

And why do people bring up SPL attendences. They're different competitions!

I agree with this. Everyone that went to the semi gets 1st dibs, then 1/2 the rest can go to the ST holders that didn't go to the semi.

Bristolhibby
27-04-2011, 12:09 PM

I thought that was the case.

The venue should be NEUTRAL. If we can get 20,000 Hibees for a one off game, then so be it. I only get to a couple of games a season as I live down South. I would definately fight tooth and nail for a Scotish Cup Final ticket.

Tough tits if some of the OF season ticket holders dont get tickets. You dont see this happening for the Champions League Final, do you?

Different matter if we couldnt sell the 20,000. But I would bet my right nut, that 20,000 Hibees would turn up for a Scottish Cup Final, even if it were against an OF.

The chance to see history and to support your team, is too much a draw.

Last time, we had guys flying in from Australia, Canada, USA, China. Of course we will come.

50/50, then sell off the returns.

J

hibee-shtuggie
27-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Back from the wilderness after starting this thread....

Whats the point in playing the game at a neutral location if you are going to fill it with a majority of one teams supporters? It should be 50/50 regardless of any crowd this season, a cup final is a different sceanario. I will leave the debate about real fans getting tickets and part-time fans not getting tickets. Fact of the matter is, neutral venue, 50/50 split. If one team fails to sell out, they are offered across, simple.

LancashireHibby
27-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd say they're doing it in as fair way as is possible. Motherwell would still need a big effort to sell 16,000 tickets, but at least they're being given the chance to before the rest get sent to Celtc. Same thing has happened at Carling Cup Finals etc in this sort of situation (and doubtless did in our League Cup Finals when we had supports several times the size of Livingston/Kilmarnock).

Lucius Apuleius
27-04-2011, 02:37 PM
The number of season tickets that Rantic have means they do not have enough tickets to go around for any away game. This is no different. Average crowds should not be considered. This is a cup final at a neatral venue. 50/50 on ticket allocations until it is shown one side cannot sell all theirs is to me the only fair way.