PDA

View Full Version : Hoodoos & Hibs

Sir David Gray
25-04-2011, 09:19 PM
After losing 3-0 tonight against Inverness, no St Johnstone player has scored in the SPL since 1st February. That is now 1034 minutes without a league goal for a St Johnstone player.

After their draw this afternoon, Hamilton have still not won a home game in the SPL this season. In fact, they've not won a home league match for over a year.

The bad news is, in case anyone didn't already know, we have St Johnstone and Hamilton (at Hamilton) in our next two matches....:rolleyes:

I don't think I need to say any more.

SaulGoodman
25-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't think you do :lips seal

BEEJ
25-04-2011, 10:10 PM
After losing 3-0 tonight against Inverness, no St Johnstone player has scored in the SPL since 1st February. That is now 1034 minutes without a league goal for a St Johnstone player.

After their draw this afternoon, Hamilton have still not won a home game in the SPL this season. In fact, they've not won a home league match for over a year.

The bad news is, in case anyone didn't already know, we have St Johnstone and Hamilton (at Hamilton) in our next two matches....:rolleyes:

I don't think I need to say any more.
Oh, dear! :paranoid:

Purehibee_MYB
25-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Lets leave it at that...

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2011, 11:22 PM
the players should be all refreshed after just returning from the wee mini-break holiday they've been on the last fortnight :agree:

Bristolhibby
26-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I thought we were talking about Hibs hoodoos in General.

Some of which are:-

Hearts
Inverness Away
Scottish Cup Finals
Scottish Cup Semi Finals, I have been on the losing side 3 times. v Aberdeen, v Dundee Utd and Them. Only one I remember us winning was the one v Livingston, and then again we lost the final.

J

Craig_in_Prague
26-04-2011, 09:19 AM
we beat St Mirren twice when we really needed to, as well as ICT at home and other good wins (away at Aberdeen also), and not to forget, Hamilton away - we won.
So when it mattered most we won the real crunch games.
I know its sad we got to the state we did; But fair play to CC and also the players, for pulling us out of serious relegation trouble.

I don't care a jot about the rest of this season. We can lose them all for all I care.

Next season I expect many further changes to the side and hope CC get's us punching our weight.

magnificent_seven
26-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I know Richie Towells O.G was scored but an actual Saints player hasn't scored in 10 and a half games. And that was Stevie May against Hamilton on the 1st of February. I will put excellent money on them breaking their duck against Hibs. Everybody always breaks their duck against us!

Horrendous record, their last 10 SPL games go as so:-

P W D L F A Pts
10 0 5 5 1 15 5

We really should be beating them on Saturday with a record like that but we all know how unpredictable the Hibees are!

soupy
26-04-2011, 12:55 PM
They might even score two:):)

magnificent_seven
26-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Oops, just noticed another thread mentioning this. Feel free to merge! :wink:

BroxburnHibee
26-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I know Richie Towells O.G was scored but an actual Saints player hasn't scored in 10 and a half games. And that was Stevie May against Hamilton on the 1st of February. I will put excellent money on them breaking their duck against Hibs. Everybody always breaks their duck against us!

Horrendous record, their last 10 SPL games go as so:-

P W D L F A Pts
10 0 5 5 1 15 5

We really should be beating them on Saturday with a record like that but we all know how predictable the Hibees are!

Fixed that for you :wink:

StevieC
26-04-2011, 04:47 PM

I was at the game last night and there was never 3 goals in it.

St Johnstone might not be scoring but they are still creating chances and I dont think they played that badly last night. Inverness created 4 or 5 chances and scored 3 of them. St Johnstone created a lot more, and I felt had the bulk of possession, but scored nowt (seriously woeful in front of goal).

You could see that a few of the St Johnstone players didn't look that fussed about being there so they are certainly there for the taking.

Black Kyle
26-04-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm off to the bookie..........:wink:

Wakeyhibee
27-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I thought we were talking about Hibs hoodoos in General.

Some of which are:-

Hearts
Inverness Away
Scottish Cup Finals
Scottish Cup Semi Finals, I have been on the losing side 3 times. v Aberdeen, v Dundee Utd and Them. Only one I remember us winning was the one v Livingston, and then again we lost the final.

J

You missed some...... Celtic, Rangers, SC 3rd round exits v whoever, CIS 2nd round exits v whoever, my old man reckoned Partick were in the 50's, it's all perception. IE no-one expects to beat the OF so even though probably 70% (I don't know the stat exactly) of games are lost against them no-one regards them a hoodoo.

I remember being put out of the cup by many a small team way back and they became hoodoos/boagey teams

Let's face it it's not the other teams, it's Hibs who are the hoodoo :-)

Sean1875
30-04-2011, 03:53 PM
could see it coming a mile off, typical hibs!

Thomson
30-04-2011, 04:11 PM
They might even score two:):)

Well Predicted. Could you not have predicted we would have scored 5 though :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Let's be honest, is there anybody on here who is seriously surprised that this happened today? :confused:

Hamilton to get their first home league win in a year next week? :dunno:

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Stick yer money on Hamilton next week.

Bristolhibby
30-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Am still going (don't get up that often) but will still be putting a tenner on Hamilton.

J

Hibee1
07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Thought I'd bring this thread back up. Fro some reason two predictable results for Hibs - every team with a jynx ends it against us. :rolleyes:

Far below what is expected of a Hibs side. They better buck up and play their hearts out next week. What a woeful way to end the season.

matty_f
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Thought I'd bring this thread back up. Fro some reason two predictable results for Hibs - every team with a jynx ends it against us. :rolleyes:

Far below what is expected of a Hibs side. They better buck up and play their hearts out next week. What a woeful way to end the season.

I wouldnae hold your breath!

Hibs7
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Hibs are absolute crap

SaulGoodman
07-05-2011, 04:14 PM
So did anybody stick any bets on that this would happen?

Hiber-nation
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Aye I had Hamilton today I'm afraid to say but stupidly included Annan in my line :brickwall

Littlest Hobo
07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Absolute disgrace of a team we have at the moment, the worrying thing is that nobody ever seems to get dropped, nobody ever seems to get promoted to the first team, no compitition for places means players like Miller just going through the motions evefry week.
I've no been back since the derby and I'll no be back until we get players in that team who hurt when we lose as much as the supporters do....rant over :greengrin

matty_f
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Just after we played the Yams and lost to Celtc, I actually said to Danderhall Hibs that I reckoned we could win our remaining games :faf:. Thank God I never put any money down on it!

Removed
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Just after we played the Yams and lost to Celtc, I actually said to Danderhall Hibs that I reckoned we could win our remaining games :faf:. Thank God I never put any money down on it!

You'll never change your avatar :tee hee:

matty_f
07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
You'll never change your avatar :tee hee:
:greengrin I think my title is safe on that front.