PDA

View Full Version : 2010 / 2011 Home matches - when they were played...

3pm
25-04-2011, 11:49 AM
A breakdown!

- 9 Matches started at 3pm on a Saturday (2 to play)
- 1 match started at 12 noon on a Saturday (Celtic 0-3)
- 6 matches on a Sunday (various times)
- 3 matches on a Wednesday night.

Brutal!

soupy
25-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Correct!!!!!!

Twa Cairpets
25-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Yep

Murder.

I've missed the last two because of the Sunday ko with other things being arranged.

I understand the need of the clubs to generate income by televising games, but the underlying fact is that without crowds to generate a bit of atmosphere, televised games are dire anyway. The punters who turn up most weeks are those that genuinely matter, and they are treated with contempt by TV companies and the schedulers of fixtures at the SPL.

Add to that the fact that lots of people like me I suspect would much rather go and watch an amateur game than sit and watch the OF v killie or some such on the telly, and you have to wonder if it really is worth alienating the lifeblood for a few shekels.

Gatecrasher
25-04-2011, 12:05 PM
the markets been too sanitized, before it was only the best and top fixtures on tv, now its any old ***** like last week versus accies, i never thought i would get bored of watching football on tv but i have and i only ever watch hibs games now, even then im attending most of them anyway.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2011, 12:10 PM
A breakdown!

- 9 Matches started at 3pm on a Saturday (2 to play)
- 1 match started at 12 noon on a Saturday (Celtic 0-3)
- 6 matches on a Sunday (various times)
- 3 matches on a Wednesday night.

Brutal!

It would be interesting if someone knew the stats for Rangers and Celtic at home?

Sir David Gray
25-04-2011, 05:46 PM
It would be interesting if someone knew the stats for Rangers and Celtic at home?

Celtic at home

Saturday at 3pm-9
Sunday-6
Tuesday-1
Wednesday-3

Rangers at home

Saturday at 3pm-11
Sunday-4
Tuesday-2
Wednesday-2

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Celtic at home

Saturday at 3pm-9
Sunday-6
Tuesday-1
Wednesday-3

Rangers at home

Saturday at 3pm-11
Sunday-4
Tuesday-2
Wednesday-2

Cheers FH. Can we stop thinking conspiracy now then? :greengrin

What are the stats for their away games? I bet they've barely played any at 3pm on a Saturday.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Cheers FH. Can we stop thinking conspiracy now then? :greengrin

What are the stats for their away games? I bet they've barely played any at 3pm on a Saturday.

But remember they played in the UEFA Cup and played on Thurdsay's so games were moved automatically to a Sunday anyway!

Hibeesb0unc3
25-04-2011, 06:01 PM
The only reason i ever feel sorry for fans of man utd, chelsea and arsenal,( man utd especially) is that they only have about 4 or 5 3pm saturday kick off home or away

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2011, 06:06 PM
But remember they played in the UEFA Cup and played on Thurdsay's so games were moved automatically to a Sunday anyway!

True - in Rangers' case for a couple of games - not sure about Celtic?

The only reason i ever feel sorry for fans of man utd, chelsea and arsenal,( man utd especially) is that they only have about 4 or 5 3pm saturday kick off home or away

Man U get Saturday games now - usually the 1245 Saturday k/o, which I reckon is the best non-3pm Saturday k/o out there. Don't know why they always get it, I don't think it's so they get the chance to put pressure on their rivals by playing (and winning) first. :greengrin