PDA

View Full Version : Singing section

greglauder
25-04-2011, 10:08 AM
we are in desperate need of some new songs which are actually half decent. im not having a go at anyone who made up some of these new songs but i was embarrased sitting in the singing section yesterday with some of the songs which were getting sung. fair enough have a good time at a rubbish match and some songs were quite funny but the likes of 'martin scott is ***** mental' thats just a rubbish song

AndersonGGTTH
25-04-2011, 10:33 AM
we are in desperate need of some new songs which are actually half decent. im not having a go at anyone who made up some of these new songs but i was embarrased sitting in the singing section yesterday with some of the songs which were getting sung. fair enough have a good time at a rubbish match and some songs were quite funny but the likes of 'martin scott is ***** mental' thats just a rubbish song

he quite likes that song though!

woody47
25-04-2011, 10:36 AM
he quite likes that song though!

And it's true :greengrin

Removed
25-04-2011, 10:38 AM

:confused: think you don't have enough * or have I got the wrong tune :dunno:

:greengrin

greglauder
25-04-2011, 10:39 AM
still think its an embarrasing song. and what with singing lots of songs about hearts. i think we should only sing about them when we are playing them

marinello59
25-04-2011, 10:43 AM
still think its an embarrasing song. and what with singing lots of songs about hearts. i think we should only sing about them when we are playing them

Why didn't you all just go in to a wee huddle and discuss which songs to sing yesterday?:greengrin

.Sean.
25-04-2011, 11:01 AM
The 'Colin Nish football genius' and the 'I Believe' chant are both utterly cringeworthy.

WeAreHibs
25-04-2011, 11:12 AM
The 'Colin Nish football genius' and the 'I Believe' chant are both utterly cringeworthy.

I think 'I believe' could really work if more took part and would lift the team.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Jack
25-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I think the I believe could do really well but I can't believe some folk object to it while themselves trying to start the Rudi schoolbag and Mercer songs.

Also noticeable that the Green Army chanters were on holiday but the Calerwoods chanters were not which led to lengthy chants of CALERWOODS mumble mumble ··· :-)

ArabHibee
25-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I think the I believe could do really well but I can't believe some folk object to it while themselves trying to start the Rudi schoolbag and Mercer songs.

Also noticeable that the Green Army chanters were on holiday but the Calerwoods chanters owere not which led to lengthy chants of CALERWOODS mumble mumble ··· :-)

:tee hee:

green&left
25-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Yesterday was cringey as hell at times.

I Believe, Colin Nish football genuis, Martin Scott is mental and 'losing team' should all be binned. Horrendous songs.

As I said on the facebook page before it got deleted, the whole 12thman singing section thing could be over before it begun due to a lack of intergration. You should be using the 'power' of the 12thman to influence the support, not push them away by singing ***** songs and doing daft bounces.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Thats a shocker! :eyes:

The Nish one is just wrong taking the pi ss out your own player:tsk tsk:

Glad we have a singing section to try and lift the team. i could work with a bit of organisation. How many will be a Hamilton and Inverness though?:dunno:

Luna_Asylum
25-04-2011, 03:06 PM
The singing section at least created some atmosphere - without it there would have been none. The only noise that came out the family and prawn stands were boooooooooooo at the ref. The songs will never please everyone but there were not many yam songs so that complaint is unjustified. Is it possible to post the words to the one that features i think Mrs J or would the sweary filter not allow?

Jack
25-04-2011, 03:32 PM
The singing section at least created some atmosphere - without it there would have been none. The only noise that came out the family and prawn stands were boooooooooooo at the ref. The songs will never please everyone but there were not many yam songs so that complaint is unjustified. Is it possible to post the words to the one that features i think Mrs J or would the sweary filter not allow?

There was a thread a wee while ago asking for the same thing with a number of deleted posts so I suspect not :greengrin

HNA12
25-04-2011, 03:53 PM

You have been posting here long enough to know that swear filter or not we try to keep the place fairly family friendly. So please don't post them up. :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
25-04-2011, 03:59 PM
The only song I notice them sing is the 'Derek Riordan - one of our own' song.

If there is a player that doesn't deserve to have his name sung right now it's him:confused:

Onceinawhile
25-04-2011, 04:16 PM
What are the words/tune for this I believe song?

lucky
25-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I sit close to the singing section and regularly have a laugh at the oddballs and misfits it seems to attract

RIP
25-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I sit close to the singing section and regularly have a laugh at the oddballs and misfits it seems to attract

Please post up up a picture of yerself so we can be humbled by what a 'normal' football supporter looks like

Is that why you are called lucky - cos you are blessed with good looks and charm? :wink:

RIP
25-04-2011, 04:49 PM

:top marks

I think a lot of folk have bumped the Singing Section recently 'cos they actually want to sing songs about Hibs and don't want to join in the 'wee team mentality' of constantly singing about Hearts, Mercer, refugees and Sodje's racial stereotype. All this stuff needs to go straight in the bin before next season IMO

There's plenty good Hibs songs that are not being sung as our good friend Gramo will testify. Greg - we need you and folk like you in the close season to help us develop a guid Hibby Song Book.

We are all Hibs12thMan and we need to get back to singing songs that lift the team otherwise we are wasting our time

Hermit Crab
25-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Sounds just like you Lucky :wink:

Feed McGraw
25-04-2011, 06:10 PM

I Believe, Colin Nish football genuis, Martin Scott is mental and 'losing team' should all be binned. Horrendous songs.

As I said on the facebook page before it got deleted, the whole 12thman singing section thing could be over before it begun due to a lack of intergration. You should be using the 'power' of the 12thman to influence the support, not push them away by singing ***** songs and doing daft bounces.

I`ll tell ye what scott b, for a young guy, that`s a very sensible head on your shoulders - spot on with that post.

The_Horde
25-04-2011, 07:18 PM
The singing section are very quickly turning into 'the ultras'.

More effort is needed to try to bring together the whole crowd, so that everybody can get involved.

I do believe a large part of this will come from what we are witnessing on the park. I know I didn't sing very much yesterday at all as I was utterly bored and depressed about wasting my afternoon on that gash.

Once we have something to shout about, making an atmosphere will come naturally and then we need to get some catchy, non controversial and loud tunes to belt out.

lucky
25-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Sounds just like you Lucky :wink:

HC as you know I sit with we mental rab, as such I think I am in a position to judge what oddballs are :na na:

Luna_Asylum
25-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I`ll tell ye what scott b, for a young guy, that`s a very sensible head on your shoulders - spot on with that post.

And feed mcgraw I'll tell you an awe your right on the the ba tae

silverhibee
25-04-2011, 08:00 PM

If there is a player that doesn't deserve to have his name sung right now it's him:confused:

What, you didn't join in about singing about one of our own Derek Riordan, c'mon get behind the team and give your support to all of the team, you might enjoy it, rather than sounding like a bitter person towards Derek Riordan he's one of our own all the time.

Danny_Hibee
25-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Going by that logic nobody deserves to be sung about at this point in time, and we've already been told in this thread that we aren't allowed to sing about other teams so our options have become pretty limited.

Did it ever occur to you that singing might actually encourage players and help improve their performance!?

Postman
25-04-2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-x7diatoQ&feature=related

why not copy others as well as innovate.

Clearly the words would have to be changed as it would be odd cheering on spurs at ER.

I agree with the idea of looking at what others do to create an atmosphere but I do hate that Spurs tune!!

Removed
25-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree with the idea of looking at what others do to create an atmosphere but I do hate that Spurs tune!!

:agree: I totally hate that. I'd rather sit in a bath of beans doing that 'I believe' thing than hear that at ER. Just my opinion.

frazeHFC
25-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I thought SOL was sung very well yesterday.

Shrekko
25-04-2011, 09:19 PM

:agree:

Initially I was quite happy about the initiative and it did bring some atmosphere. Like others though I'm starting to find it a cringe-fest and wondering if the motives of those involved (or some) are more to do with attention seeking than really encouraging the team and getting others to do likewise.

You just will not get punters joining in with 80 percent of that crap.

blairwallace
25-04-2011, 10:45 PM

so thats:
"we hate glasgow rangers..."
"tell all the hearts you know..."
"hail hail..make your heart go ohhhh"
"sunshine on leith..ma heart was broken"
"jeffries wife..."
"we are hibernian off midlothian"
"ten men couldny carry"
"cheer up jim jeffries..."
"in your gorgie slums..."
"we've played in south Morocco" has a reference
"if you hate the jambos"
"stand up if you hate the hearts.."
"we all hate hearts ****"

in total 13 chants/songs to be abolished unless we're playing hearts as it says heart(s) or makes a reference to them

blairwallace
25-04-2011, 10:50 PM
I think 'I believe' could really work if more took part and would lift the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQywmNxCd8E ...apart from the top ripping off:rolleyes:

Purehibee_MYB
25-04-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-x7diatoQ&feature=related

why not copy others as well as innovate.

Clearly the words would have to be changed as it would be odd cheering on spurs at ER.

The only way that would sound half as good is if absolutely everyone at Easter Road joined in, and that won't happen until we are on the ***** of the OF next season... I like the I Believe song, and was in the singing section on sunday and really thought that song would work if a lot more got involved... I have been in the singing section for quite a few games this season and the effort put in, is brilliant.

seanraff07
25-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Yep we do need new songs but surely that's something we'd work on over the summer? I like the 'I believe' song, and i think the songs about Nish is just due to having next to nothing else to sing and even boredum as the game was dire. Shame that it is half empty now since the split as things were really coming together just before that. I think next season will be really good for the Singing Section though after a fair few weeks preparation during the summer/pre-season.

mickki40
26-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Its the same old argument that comes out anytime people look at what is being sung. They will criticise and criticise but WILL NOT come into the singing section and lead the singing. The singing section is not a closed shop. Anyone can go there and Join in or lead the singing. I would actively encourage anyone who has a problem with what is being sung, to get in the section and lead. Next season for Category A games there is likely to be a capo to stop everyone singing different songs at the same time( counter productive). The Mercer songs have definately quietened down this season. Hearts songs should be for Hearts Matches. A list of songs will be compiled post season for any future capo to have at their disposal. Therefore ensuring a wide range of songs. It is early days in the Singing section. Next season will be better. It's a learning curve, There are folks more passionate about it than others. I suppose we should all go back to the morgue like atmosphere that we have had previously to satisfy some folks. This has been a bad season for Hibs on the Pitch. Off the pitch I think the club cannot fault the noise levels that have come from the Stadium singers. Just Imagine if we get success on the pitch next season. Just imagine the noise levels then. GGTTH

greglauder
26-04-2011, 03:19 PM
i actually do sit in the singing section as i like to be more vocal about my support for hibs and not sing songs about jeffries and scakel every match. im not meaning to critcise anybody in the singing section and im sure everyone appreciates their efforts in trying to improve the atmosphere i just think we have lost our way over the past couple of weeks and i dont enjoy sitting there as much as i did at up until the derby a couple of weeks ago and i know others who feel the same way

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 03:45 PM
What, you didn't join in about singing about one of our own Derek Riordan, c'mon get behind the team and give your support to all of the team, you might enjoy it, rather than sounding like a bitter person towards Derek Riordan he's one of our own all the time.
So why don't they sing "Ian Murray is one of our own" or "Paul Hanlon is one of our own".....ohh wait they they do them do they!

Singing for an individual is fine if he scores or playing well (or to try and motivate him), but singing about the team, is much more lifting for the WHOLE TEAM than singing about dead people or booing a player who has been playing badly (Colin Nish).

frazeHFC
26-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Hopefully we get a few friendlies down South in the Summer and take a big support, and try out some new songs.

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Going by that logic nobody deserves to be sung about at this point in time, and we've already been told in this thread that we aren't allowed to sing about other teams so our options have become pretty limited.

Did it ever occur to you that singing might actually encourage players and help improve their performance!?
Well it's not working for DR then :agree:

RIP
26-04-2011, 04:53 PM
i actually do sit in the singing section as i like to be more vocal about my support for hibs and not sing songs about jeffries and scakel every match. im not meaning to critcise anybody in the singing section and im sure everyone appreciates their efforts in trying to improve the atmosphere i just think we have lost our way over the past couple of weeks and i dont enjoy sitting there as much as i did at up until the derby a couple of weeks ago and i know others who feel the same way

I think you are in the majority Greg. The East Stand crowd was only 25% down but in Section 43 it's been 50% down since the Derby. We got a few extra visitors that day and maybe the experience wisnae tae their liking. If we refocus our efforts to singing songs in support of our team and players I'm sure we will win those people back.

If the penny doesn't drop with the song starters however, our fellow Hibbies will just dismiss the section as a bunch of daft laddies singing nonsense. They won't want to be part of it.

So big :thumbsup: to you and others to speaking out now. As Mick and Sean say we can use the close season to refocus and set ourselves up for the season ahead

A Singing Section is for the bad times not just for when the team is playing well

Hermit Crab
26-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Hopefully we get a few friendlies down South in the Summer and take a big support, and try out some new songs.

Not down south but theres Livingston Away on the 2nd of July if you want to practice :wink:

Removed
26-04-2011, 05:05 PM
So why don't they sing "Ian Murray is one of our own" or "Paul Hanlon is one of our own".....ohh wait they they do them do they!

Singing for an individual is fine if he scores or playing well (or to try and motivate him), but singing about the team, is much more lifting for the WHOLE TEAM than singing about dead people or booing a player who has been playing badly (Colin Nish).

Colin Nish is one of our own as well.

marinello59
26-04-2011, 05:51 PM

He is indeed.

Luna_Asylum
26-04-2011, 08:26 PM

yea but he has is own football genius song already and I think he also features on the mrs j song but not sure about that

Keith_M
26-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Could we possibly resurrect a song from the early 80's? It was based on the, apparently, newsworthy event of the betrothal of a Certain Mr Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (or do they call themselves Windsor nowadays?) to a Miss Spencer. It went along the lines of...

"You can stick your Royal Wedding wedding up your.."

I'm sure you all get the idea :wink:

jon paul jones
28-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Interesting chat going on with a wide opinion. Great to see people giving a ****.

I LOVE the singing section and proud to stand there and contribute when I think its APPROPRIATE. (95% of the time) I dont sing Skacel or Mercer and you'll find me wolf whistling to drown it out I'm afraid. My choice. I chose my seat because I want to ensure we have atmosphere throughout the game regardless of the way the result is heading.

To me and others around me, its such a simple thing to express one's love for hibernian. It shouldnt mean only clapping when everyone around you does or when a goal goes in.

I dream of more of us being their own man/woman/hibee and expressing themselves wherever they sit.

Alternatively

If you feel you can't because everyone around you tuts or asks you to sit down then come over to section 43 5rows down from the back and ask for me.

You'll get a warm welcome, a happy smile and I guarantee you'll leave the game regardless of the result feeling you made more of a difference during the 90 minutes.

Like all debate, its just my opinion and i choose not to use a pseudonym so please resist the urge to make it personal. I've resisted the urge to quote anyone.

I just want the team to play to the best of their ability and be part of the best supported team in Scotland (pending) :wink:

mickki40
28-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Interesting chat going on with a wide opinion. Great to see people giving a ****.

I LOVE the singing section and proud to stand there and contribute when I think its APPROPRIATE. (95% of the time) I dont sing Skacel or Mercer and you'll find me wolf whistling to drown it out I'm afraid. My choice. I chose my seat because I want to ensure we have atmosphere throughout the game regardless of the way the result is heading.

To me and others around me, its such a simple thing to express one's love for hibernian. It shouldnt mean only clapping when everyone around you does or when a goal goes in.

I dream of more of us being their own man/woman/hibee and expressing themselves wherever they sit.

Alternatively

If you feel you can't because everyone around you tuts or asks you to sit down then come over to section 43 5rows down from the back and ask for me.

You'll get a warm welcome, a happy smile and I guarantee you'll leave the game regardless of the result feeling you made more of a difference during the 90 minutes.

Like all debate, its just my opinion and i choose not to use a pseudonym so please resist the urge to make it personal. I've resisted the urge to quote anyone.

I just want the team to play to the best of their ability and be part of the best supported team in Scotland (pending) :wink:

here here:thumbsup:

PeeJay
28-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Alternatively

Good post - how about getting the team involved in the singing section as well? For example, after a game like the link below with Schalke fans and Raul? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GG5BxukdE&feature=player_embedded)

Doesn't have to be for getting to the CL semis, could be just for beating the Hearts? Bonding with the fans is a huge part of the game here in Germany -

Not on in Scotland perhaps?

mickki40
28-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Good post - how about getting the team involved in the singing section as well? For example, after a game like the link below with Schalke fans and Raul? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GG5BxukdE&feature=player_embedded)

Doesn't have to be for getting to the CL semis, could be just for beating the Hearts? Bonding with the fans is a huge part of the game here in Germany -

Not on in Scotland perhaps?

There is so far in Britain as a whole, a fear of a player becoming a part of the fans. The nearest we have at Hibs is Graham Stack ( He directly contributed to a Raffle prize when we asked him). Could you imagine the Revulsion shown by Hibs board if a Hibs player went into the crowd. The S.F.A. Would have a field day on the club and player alike. The player would likely face a massive fine or a lenghty ban, or both. Schalke are to be applauded for doing this and making fans feel a part of the team and vice versa. FWIW I would like to see more of Graham Stack type antics that the fans like to see. Like Huddling with Celtic for instance. I think Graham stack is a guy who could get players more into involvement with terrace fans on Matchdays. How about we go to Celtic Park next season and get stacky to have all the Hibs players do a huddle when Celtic do? The Hibs fans would love that type of thing. You could not even get 20 hibs fans to cough up a quid each to buy a leading goalscorer a shirt that he unveils to Hibs12th man when he scores. A t shirt that Hibs fans wear. Although Hibs fans are as passionate about their team as the next fan, sometimes they are happy to leave things as they are and remain in the same situation as previous. That's what some hibs fans like. Changing the type of support to one like Schalke will never happen in this country unless the majority of people will decide they want it and actively make it happen.
We are a long way off being Poznan, but we are heading in a different direction now. GGTTH

frazeHFC
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I think this would be class!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uT6W3pB3S0&feature=player_embedded

And where we go we follow, we follow, we follow
Cos we support the Hibees, the Hibees, the Hibees
And that’s the way we like, we like it, we like it
Oooooooh – oooooooh – oooooooh – oooooooh

mickki40
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I think this would be class!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uT6W3pB3S0&feature=player_embedded

And where we go we follow, we follow, we follow
Cos we support the Hibees, the Hibees, the Hibees
And that’s the way we like, we like it, we like it
Oooooooh – oooooooh – oooooooh – oooooooh

I hate it...only because they sang that against my English team in last weeks play off semi final

seanraff07
02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
There is so far in Britain as a whole, a fear of a player becoming a part of the fans. The nearest we have at Hibs is Graham Stack ( He directly contributed to a Raffle prize when we asked him). Could you imagine the Revulsion shown by Hibs board if a Hibs player went into the crowd. The S.F.A. Would have a field day on the club and player alike. The player would likely face a massive fine or a lenghty ban, or both. Schalke are to be applauded for doing this and making fans feel a part of the team and vice versa. FWIW I would like to see more of Graham Stack type antics that the fans like to see. Like Huddling with Celtic for instance. I think Graham stack is a guy who could get players more into involvement with terrace fans on Matchdays. How about we go to Celtic Park next season and get stacky to have all the Hibs players do a huddle when Celtic do? The Hibs fans would love that type of thing. You could not even get 20 hibs fans to cough up a quid each to buy a leading goalscorer a shirt that he unveils to Hibs12th man when he scores. A t shirt that Hibs fans wear. Although Hibs fans are as passionate about their team as the next fan, sometimes they are happy to leave things as they are and remain in the same situation as previous. That's what some hibs fans like. Changing the type of support to one like Schalke will never happen in this country unless the majority of people will decide they want it and actively make it happen.
We are a long way off being Poznan, but we are heading in a different direction now. GGTTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexqkzrFb3M&feature=related

Painful watching this but Vladimir Weiss is singing with the Huns here at the Old Firm game last weekend.

Houchy
02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Tin hat on here, but I quite like the Celtic song that they sing about all their past great players like Larsson and Paul McStay. I don't think it has any connotations or reference to sectarianism but thought we could change the words to something like:

We've had Johnstone, Smith and Reilly and Frank Sauzee,
Eddie Turnbull was the man who had us playing the true Hibernian way
Later down the years we had Russell Latapy
Give us back the football of the Hibernian Way.