PDA

View Full Version : Today's ref Alan Muir and Derek Adams.

PC Stamp
24-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Today's ref was the ref who sent Derek Adams to the stand against Motherwell at Fir Park for which Adams recently received a six match touchline ban. That ban is now the subject of an appeal by Hibs and as yet that appeal has not been heard.

Why then was the referee who is part of the ongoing disciplinary proceedings allowed to referee another Hibs game whilst the proceedings are not complete?

It could be construed by some that at times he was trying to elicit a reaction from the Hibs bench with some of his decision making perhaps to try to strengthen his case?

It struck me as a little bit unprofessional from the governing body.

Gatecrasher
24-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Today's ref was the ref who sent Derek Adams to the stand against Motherwell at Fir Park for which Adams recently received a six match touchline ban. That ban is now the subject of an appeal by Hibs and as yet that appeal has not been heard.

Why then was the referee who is part of the ongoing disciplinary proceedings allowed to referee another Hibs game whilst the proceedings are not complete?

It could be construed by some that at times he was trying to elicit a reaction from the Hibs bench with some of his decision making perhaps to try to stregthen his case?

he was by far the worst ref at ER this season, in a nothing game he couldn't handle it. God forbid he gets a derby or OF game

Hibs Class
24-04-2011, 09:38 PM
he was by far the worst ref at ER this season, in a nothing game he couldn't handle it. God forbid he gets a derby or OF game

Yet another example of why scottish football is a joke. Muir wouldn't get anywhere near an OF match, and if he's not good enough for that then he's not good enough for Hibs v St Mirren.

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2011, 09:40 PM

It could be construed by some that at times he was trying to elicit a reaction from the Hibs bench with some of his decision making perhaps to try to stregthen his case?

A predictable scenario of which we shouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2011, 09:53 PM
His first half performance this afternoon was so bad that it was really the first time that I really thought that Hibs should ask the SFA to investigate a match official.

If it was simply a case of incompetence then he shouldn't be allowed to referee another match in the SPL.

As for the linesman on the East Stand side...:rolleyes:

Removed
24-04-2011, 09:56 PM
His first half performance this afternoon was so bad that it was really the first time that I really thought that Hibs should ask the SFA to investigate a match official.

If it was simply a case of incompetence then he shouldn't be allowed to referee another match in the SPL.

As for the linesman on the East Stand side...:rolleyes:

That surprises me. Like me I'm sure you've seen loads of incompetent reffing over the past few years. Don't think today was the worst by a long shot but it was very poor.

Removed
24-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Par for the course though isn't it :crazy:

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 09:59 PM
He was definately very very poor and looked well out of his comfort zone :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 10:04 PM
He was definately very very poor and looked well out of his comfort zone :agree:

Exactly. He gave a penalty for a non existent foul. St M players claimed more in hope than anything else and ref gave it. I heard the shouts from the players and im in the west upper near the away end! The ref was an:asshole:

Sir David Gray
24-04-2011, 10:45 PM
That surprises me. Like me I'm sure you've seen loads of incompetent reffing over the past few years. Don't think today was the worst by a long shot but it was very poor.

I've seen a lot of diabolical refereeing over the years (Alan Freeland against Falkirk springs to mind right away for one) but this guy's performance in that first half today was so one sided in favour of St Mirren that I really thought that there was perhaps something sinister going on and it's probably the first time that I honestly thought that.

Having had time to calm down and think about things rationally, I do think that it was just an extremely incompetent display and if that is the case (which I hope it is) then he should not be seen at another SPL game until he undergoes some stringent tests.

Removed
24-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I've seen a lot of diabolical refereeing over the years (Alan Freeland against Falkirk springs to mind right away for one) but this guy's performance in that first half today was so one sided in favour of St Mirren that I really thought that there was perhaps something sinister going on and it's probably the first time that I honestly thought that.

Having had time to calm down and think about things rationally, I do think that it was just an extremely incompetent display and if that is the case (which I hope it is) then he should not be seen at another SPL game until he undergoes some stringent tests.

Have you looked into how we can comment on him? I'd do it if it's possible but doubt they would even read it.

down-the-slope
24-04-2011, 11:01 PM
i reckoned the first half was THE worst i have ever seen in terms of basic competence...and i have seen some poor ones over the years....

On the basis of Palsson's booking there should have been 5/6 cards first half (not that his was a booking) It was like a net ball match at times such were the number of 'handballs' that the ref never saw...Sodje must have been fouled at least 5 times that were never given....

lucky
24-04-2011, 11:18 PM
His performance was shocking, it was a cert he was going to give a penalty against us, I'm only surprised that no one was sent off.

Ryan91
25-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Just seen the highlights, and it never looked like a penalty, both players challenging for the ball, and one player clips another, no intent there, the commentator struggles to believe that it's a penalty as well. He says that Pallson got the barest of touches on the player. I wasn't at the game today, the BBC highlights aren't very good for judging the refereeing performance as a whole, but that one decision to me highlights his incompetence.

Saorsa
25-04-2011, 05:51 AM

It could be construed by some that at times he was trying to elicit a reaction from the Hibs bench with some of his decision making perhaps to try to strengthen his case?

It struck me as a little bit unprofessional from the governing body.Hibs were *****e but he was a ****in' blatant cheat. wish these ****er's would go on strike again then we'd get some **** decent

CHEAT
http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AlanMuir2010I15112010.jpg

ronaldo7
25-04-2011, 08:17 AM

I think you've got this one spot on, and the Hibs management team new it too. CC was the one asking all the questions of the 4th official today with DA taking a back seat.

The SFA need have to have fair, open, and transparent disciplinary procedures in place, including anyone involved in ongoing procedures never to be on the same platform until completion.

Saorsa
25-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I think you've got this one spot on, and the Hibs management team new it too. CC was the one asking all the questions of the 4th official today with DA taking a back seat.

The SFA need have to have fair, open, and transparent disciplinary procedures in place, including anyone involved in ongoing procedures never to be on the same platform until completion.Dinnae haud yer breath waiting on that happening.

BEEJ
25-04-2011, 08:27 AM

It could only happen in Scottish football. What a circus!

Hope the club raises this with the authorities. Nothing will happen, of course, but it should not be allowed to pass without comment.

Jack
25-04-2011, 08:34 AM

Totally agree about his first half display.

It was when he actually came out with the St Mirren players for the second half I realised things were only going to get worse!

If he had to sit and watch a replay of the match as some sort of assessment he'd be hard pushed to justify too many important decisions.

--------
25-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Nothing to worry about, IMO - everyone knows that Scottish referees are honest, fair-minded chappies who would never take advantage of their position and authority to benefit themselves. I'm sure Mr Muir simply called each decision honestly as he saw it. It would never occur to him that with DA in the home dug-out he might be able to spark a reaction by blatantly favouring the away team...

As for the SFA being unprofessional? Utterly inconceivable. Fine upstanding body of men. I'd trust them with my life.

snooky
25-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Nothing to worry about, IMO - everyone knows that Scottish referees are honest, fair-minded chappies who would never take advantage of their position and authority to benefit themselves. I'm sure Mr Muir simply called each decision honestly as he saw it. It would never occur to him that with DA in the home dug-out he might be able to spark a reaction by blatantly favouring the away team...

As for the SFA being unprofessional? Utterly inconceivable. Fine upstanding body of men. I'd trust them with my life.

Scottish football is at an all time low.
We have the weakest OF in years and yet it's still a two horse race for the title. (That just shows how bad the rest of the pack are).

As for refereeing standards, there's more credibility associated with All-in Wrestling than some of the performances witnessed over the past few years.
Poor refereeing more than anything is driving me away from the beautiful game.

No doubt the SFA will be true to their acronym in terms of what action they will take.

:brickwall:dead:

basehibby
25-04-2011, 12:26 PM
The team of officials on saturday were awful - the east stand linesman missed several very obvious (st Mirren) off side decisions in the first half before apparently waking up in the 2nd. And the ref really did have me scratching my head with some of his decisions - most of which benefited St Mirren. Interestingly his performance seemed to become more balanced with the score at 1-1. It DOES make me wonder about the integrity of match officials - it's not unheard of for big money betting syndicates (often from the far east) to resort to bribery to affect the outcome of games - the fact that the Hibs vs St Mirren fixture was a bit of a nothing match would make it a more likely candidate for such skullduggery.

snooky
25-04-2011, 01:07 PM
The team of officials on saturday were awful - the east stand linesman missed several very obvious (st Mirren) off side decisions in the first half before apparently waking up in the 2nd. And the ref really did have me scratching my head with some of his decisions - most of which benefited St Mirren. Interestingly his performance seemed to become more balanced with the score at 1-1. It DOES make me wonder about the integrity of match officials - it's not unheard of for big money betting syndicates (often from the far east) to resort to bribery to affect the outcome of games - the fact that the Hibs vs St Mirren fixture was a bit of a nothing match would make it a more likely candidate for such skullduggery.

Or 'near west'? :wink: :greengrin