PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Palsson

Bayern Bru
24-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Got involved in a bit of afters with Goodwin in the tunnel, CC had to drag him out of the tunnel and gave him a bollocking in front of the west stand.

3pm
24-04-2011, 04:04 PM
That's the only time he was involved the day. He needs a good kick up the arse.

Bayern Bru
24-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Aye. Wish he'd concentrate on the football rather than the image.

givescotlandfreedom
24-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Goodwin was a disgrace and should have been sent packing long ago. The ref was abysmal. Palsson though was poor again - I wondered if he's maybe carrying an injury.

3pm
24-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Aye. Wish he'd concentrate on the football rather than the image.

He's had one really good game since he has been here (2-0 v St Mirren). His reputation is out of sync to his contribution thus far.

Jamesie
24-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Goodwin and Palsson have previous - Goodwin gave him some bad chat after his debut and effectively told him he was a marked man when the sides last met. I read this in a Scotsman article on the eve of our last game against St Mirren. Will try and dig it out.

Jamesie
24-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Here we go:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/Register.aspx?ReturnURL=http%3A%2F%2Fscotlandonsun day.scotsman.com%2Fhibernianfc%2FSt-Mirren-v-Hibs-This.6721235.jp

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/02/20/st-mirren-s-jim-goodwin-said-he-d-get-me-in-next-game-after-my-tackle-we-ll-see-what-happens-says-hibs-ace-victor-palsson-86908-22937075/

Bayern Bru
24-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Goodwin was a disgrace and should have been sent packing long ago. The ref was abysmal. Palsson though was poor again - I wondered if he's maybe carrying an injury.

Yep. How he stayed on the park is beyond me. But certainly Palsson had a poor game today.

Hibs Class
24-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Thought goodwin got away with an elbow on palsson early in the second half.

Westie1875
24-04-2011, 04:40 PM

:agree: Got away with murder all game. I would like to know what Ian Murray said to him when he came on though, seemed to get a wee bit quieter after that and was then subbed.

tamig
24-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Thought goodwin got away with an elbow on palsson early in the second half.

He did indeed. Should have been a straight red for that and I waited until all the players were off the pitch as I knew something was going to kick off. Goodwin is a sly thug. Not brave enough to go into 50-50s. Murray also warned him when he came on - and Goodwin stayed well out of his way.

Palsson might be carrying an injury as he's never been quite the same since he got injured against England.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 05:04 PM
:agree: Got away with murder all game. I would like to know what Ian Murray said to him when he came on though, seemed to get a wee bit quieter after that and was then subbed.

Goodwin was nipping at Palsson all game. Glad to see Palsson didnt bottle it and went right into a 50/50 moments after they had a set 2. He needs to improve his game though as he wont get away with it forever. At the moment most of the fans are still behind but the tide will turn if he doesnt up his game.

I rate him and reckon he will be a decent player for us next season.

RickyS
24-04-2011, 05:10 PM
thought Goodwin ref'd the game well today:greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 05:31 PM
thought Goodwin ref'd the game well today:greengrin

Thats about the size of it mate. Ref was poor today.

Gala Foxes
24-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Goodwin had a plan & reeled Palsson in, it worked perfectly for St Mirren, dire ref didnt help.

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Goodwin had a plan & reeled Palsson in, it worked perfectly for St Mirren, dire ref didnt help.

:agree: Palsson showed his inexperience by allowing himself to be dragged into a personal battle that completely ruined his game.

greenlex
24-04-2011, 07:52 PM
:agree: Palsson showed his inexperience by allowing himself to be dragged into a personal battle that completely ruined his game.
Yup. :agree: Get on with the game and if the opportunity arises to let him know you wont be intimidated then good and well. He would be no use to us sitting in the stand. He took his eye of the ball getting involved in a petty squabble. As he was getting subbed the ref was gonna book him for his nonsense as he left the park but realised he would have had to send him of for two yellows and sensibly changed his mind. Its about the only thing the ref did well all day.:rolleyes:

Andy74
24-04-2011, 08:08 PM
So far De Graaf has had more good games for Hibs than Palsson. :wink:

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Absolute nonsense. Lets not forget the lad is also only 19. He also is not frightened to go into a tackle, unlike that great pansy De Graff.

Cabbage1875
24-04-2011, 08:17 PM

Agreed. This guy's reputation has clouded many Hibs fan's views of what he has actually done on the park. Hopefully much more to come, which I'm sure there will be.

Andy74
24-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Absolute nonsense. Lets not forget the lad is also only 19. He also is not frightened to go into a tackle, unlike that great pansy De Graff.

I was just stating a fact, Palsson has had one cracking game for us.

I've no doubt he will be a good player but whatever he arrived with we've managed to knock it out of him already.

We haven't seen his range of passing since his home debut and he is just strolling about.

Yes he can tackle but then again that's not what De Graaf was here for. The positions he was gettting into the box, albeit missing them, was his game.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Agreed. This guy's reputation has clouded many Hibs fan's views of what he has actually done on the park. Hopefully much more to come, which I'm sure there will be.

Yes i think he will be a decent player for us next season

Andy74
24-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Agreed, if he can be encouraged to actually impose himself and pass the ball the way he can.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Goodwin left his foot in with Brown early on, and the elbow on Palsson was a shocker..... When Palsson was being subbed he walked towards Goodwin, and Goodwin walked backwards with his hands up, he shat himself.... He also bottled it when Murray came on..... A cowardly player, who bottled it twice when challenged.....

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Agreed, if he can be encouraged to actually impose himself and pass the ball the way he can.

He will learn with experience and i bet a few of the boys will tell him dinny bite and just play your game. IM sorted him out anyway id love to know what he said to him when he came on because Goodwin was :offski:

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2011, 09:10 PM

I hope so but let's not forget that he is a young lad who's only first team football has been with us. His reputation IMO is all about his potential, only time will tell if he can live up to it, I certainly hope he can and todays experience of being wound up to near breaking point will be a lesson well learnt.

Albion Hibs
24-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Palsson probably needs to grow up a little. Whilst Goodwin probably should have seen a bit more discipline from the ref he set out to rile him and the rest of the midfield, and he did that.

Palsson ended up taking yet another hook (which I am sure he will claim is injury related) I wish he had just given more of the same back him.

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Palsson probably needs to grow up a little. Whilst Goodwin probably should have seen a bit more discipline from the ref he set out to rile him and the rest of the midfield, and he did that.

Palsson ended up taking yet another hook (which I am sure he will claim is injury related) I wish he had just given more of the same back him.

Why?

Tyler Durden
24-04-2011, 09:21 PM

When did De Graaf have a good game for Hibs? Certainly didn't have 3 or 4 so can't agree with the above.

Pallsson will definitely be an asset to us next year. The sooner this season finishes the better.

Albion Hibs
24-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Why?

I just get the feeling he thinks he is far more of a player than he actually is.

Removed
24-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I just get the feeling he thinks he is far more of a player than he actually is.

That's what happens when a player prematurely gets his own song :wink:

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Yeah probably, hopefully CC will sit him down and tell him exactly why he was hooked and give him some valuable advice for the future.

nonshinyfinish
24-04-2011, 09:33 PM
That's what happens when a player prematurely gets his own song :wink:

It's true, Akpo Sodje's 16-incher has been strutting about like the cock of the walk recently too.

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Dont see why he thinks he is BILLYBIGBAWS played in Liverpool reserves and lceland under 21's before he got here.

Came with good reputation and lots of potential no reason for him to have swagger yet. He still has a Lot to prove.

hibsbollah
25-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Dont see why he thinks he is BILLYBIGBAWS played in Liverpool reserves and lceland under 21's before he got here.

Came with good reputation and lots of potential no reason for him to have swagger yet. He still has a Lot to prove.

Has he ever said he believes himself to be Mr. William B. Baws?

lucky
25-04-2011, 08:11 AM
He has been very poor in the last two games. He needs to get involved in the games more. He can tackle and pass but just seems to let games pass him by

fife hfc
25-04-2011, 08:29 AM
He has been poor but when you get the ball and all the players in front of you are doing good impression of statues then you have got very little options. This team worked hard for a spell to get us out of the *****, but now seem happy to slip back into the lazy attitude what got us into the mire in the first place.

Goodwin is a dick and set out to try and either get Palsson sent off or hurt him. Palsson is a young lad who rose to the bait but will learn. I just wish somebody had put the boot into Goodwin and showed him he is just a pathetic little nobody.

Hibs Class
25-04-2011, 08:51 AM
He has been poor but when you get the ball and all the players in front of you are doing good impression of statues then you have got very little options. This team worked hard for a spell to get us out of the *****, but now seem happy to slip back into the lazy attitude what got us into the mire in the first place.

Goodwin is a dick and set out to try and either get Palsson sent off or hurt him. Palsson is a young lad who rose to the bait but will learn. I just wish somebody had put the boot into Goodwin and showed him he is just a pathetic little nobody.

Just on the stroke of half time Deek caught the ball full on the volley and it struck Goodwin in his midriff, completely upending him. The brightest moment of the game.

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2011, 09:17 AM

:agree: noticed that Palsson was waiting for him at the end of the match. Goodwin tried to shake his hand but Palsson ignored it.

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Just on the stroke of half time Deek caught the ball full on the volley and it struck Goodwin in his midriff, completely upending him. The brightest moment of the game.

I thought it hit his hand

Hibs Class
25-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I thought it hit his hand

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part then :greengrin

silverhibee
25-04-2011, 10:36 AM

No chance did that hit his midriff, Goodwin cleary dived to save that ball and clearly came of his hand, ref took the easy option out and blew for the half time whistle, wee should have had a free-kick on the edge of the box and Goodwin should have seen a yellow card, instead Goodwin walked of the park shaking his hand but with a big smile on his face knowing he had conned the referee once again during the first 45 mins.

Sas_The_Hibby
25-04-2011, 10:57 AM
No chance did that hit his midriff, Goodwin cleary dived to save that ball and clearly came of his hand, ref took the easy option out and blew for the half time whistle, wee should have had a free-kick on the edge of the box and Goodwin should have seen a yellow card, instead Goodwin walked of the park shaking his hand but with a big smile on his face knowing he had conned the referee once again during the first 45 mins.

I have to say I loved the fact that Deeks continued to claim for a free kick when they came back on for the second half! It was worth a try - the ref was so ignorant he might just have fallen for it! :greengrin

Berwickhibby
25-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Goodwin is a dirty cheating bar streward. I spoke with Vic after the game he required 3 stiches in his head where he was assaulted by Goodwin.

Although not Vic's best game we must remember he is only 19 and this thug wound him him both verbally and physically.

Jamesie
25-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Goodwin is a dirty cheating bar streward. I spoke with Vic after the game he required 3 stiches in his head where he was assaulted by Goodwin.

Although not Vic's best game we must remember he is only 19 and this thug wound him him both verbally and physically.

Sounds about right:
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/Register.aspx?ReturnURL=http%3A%2F%2Fscotlandonsun day.scotsman.com%2Fhibernianfc%2FSt-Mirren-v-Hibs-This.6721235.jp

"The Icelander is relishing the prospect, which follows the clash between the two clubs earlier this month at Easter Road. In the second half Palsson committed an atrocious late tackle on Saints' right-back Marc McAusland which incensed the visiting team and their fans.

It led to an interesting encounter afterwards. The "bald guy in midfield" as Palsson put it - Goodwin was the only St Mirren player fitting that description - made it known to the teenager that a showdown and a reckoning were on the cards.

"He said to me after the game he was going to get me the next game," said Palsson. "He was pretty angry. We'll see what happens.""

LaMotta
25-04-2011, 01:37 PM

:agree:

I thought it was a bit disappointing that none of Palsson's teammates seemed willing to help him out. It was pretty obvious what was going on and after Palsson's booking someone else should have given Goodwin a taste of his own medicine.

Nobody seemed up for that i would guess because either a) the team is lacking tough guys or b) Palsson isn't too popular with his teammates.

You could argue that it would be reckless for somebody else to get booked as well, but I would argue it would be worth it:greengrin

BSEJVT
25-04-2011, 03:16 PM
The guy wound Palsson up and he rose to the bait and didn't have enough sense to sort out him out quietly and under the radar.

He should have said nothing bided his time and sorted him out properly, instead he was mouthing off like a big girl and it totally put him off his game.

He also made himself far too visible to the referee and this wont have escaped the attention of other teams.

He was so wound up in this continuing feud that he was absolutely no use to us whatsoever and IMO it was a matter of time before he got sent off.

When I first saw Palsson I thought he was different class, I am not so sure now.

IMO he is being played far too deep and cant influence the game from there, he looked far better running onto the ball and playing passes and I think he has been sacrificed as the DM for Miller who cant GTF quick enough for me.

I do agree with the previous poster that someone else should have sorted the guy out and it was noticeable that when Ian Murray came on, the guy who had run the game for St Mirren till then was looking over his shoulder and subbed quickly thereafter.

Finally Pallson should have laughed in the guys face at the end, instead he gave further notice that he had been effected by it and its no surprise that CC read him the riot act.