PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Colin...

3pm
24-04-2011, 03:58 PM
...rebuilding that team. We're really pish.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 04:47 PM

:agree: 100%. That was really poor today. Then again nothing to play for. MAybe a league of ten wouldnt be so bad after all. :duck:

Big Ed
24-04-2011, 04:54 PM

I think that most Hibs fans are more optimistic about next season because CC appeared to identify where we were most in need of new faces in the last transfer window.
I think we have to be patient (that word again) though: I expect us to still be buying players right up to the last day of the next transfer window and goodness knows what their fitness will be like, which means that we'll have played about six weeks worth of football before all our team for the first half of the season has been amassed; meanwhile we'll have emptied about a dozen players, so I think we might be a bit light early on.
I also think that any manager will buy duds and CC will be no different, so even if we have signed four or five by the start of the season, two or three of them might be gash.
I honestly think that we have to stick with this guy though. If we get off to a shaky start, the natives may get restless again - binning managers is the last card in the pack if you are looking beyond the short term.

Bayern Bru
24-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we have a vastly different line-up come July the whatever it is when we start up again.

The midfield was poor today. No creativity, no drive or passion, which is why we resorted to punting long balls up front; a tactic that worked for Sodje's goal but failed miserably in the 2nd half once St Mirren had wised up to it.

hughio
24-04-2011, 08:32 PM
No question we have to stick with this manager.

He is a good man who knows the game.

With his own team he will build sucess..at least a level of sucess relative to our income.

Any other course shows us all up as well....a bunch of dafties ..IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:37 PM
He brought in Scott and Palsson (plus others) to strengthen the midfield but St Mirren bossed us all over the park..... Poor Today

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 08:44 PM
He brought in Scott and Palsson (plus others) to strengthen the midfield but St Mirren bossed us all over the park..... Poor Today

Yet they are not a better team than us. They got alot of help from a poor ref and a Hibs midfield which was pretty much awol the whole game. Spoony got caught out a few time positionally too.

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:48 PM
One point out of six at home against the two bottom teams....Colin's the man alright :greengrin

Players are on holiday mode, lets see who CC brings in during close season, then judge the man....

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Yet they are not a better team than us. They got alot of help from a poor ref and a Hibs midfield which was pretty much awol the whole game. Spoony got caught out a few time positionally too.

Maybe not a better team, but they still bossed us, and wanted to win every ball...... Hard work helps......

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 08:50 PM
One point out of six at home against the two bottom teams....Colin's the man alright :greengrin

Here we go again.................:duck:

Big Ed
24-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Jeez you're right...
Let's sack him and bring in an ex-player, who we can gradually learn to hate :aok:

greenlex
24-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Maybe not a better team, but they still bossed us, and wanted to win every ball...... Hard work helps......
Baldy I have read two or three of your posts tonight and I am convinced we had a conversation on the way out at the end of the game heading out. West Lower. I am a most handsome man with long curly hair. NOT. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Baldy I have read two or three of your posts tonight and I am convinced we had a conversation on the way out at the end of the game heading out. West Lower. I am a most handsome man with long curly hair. NOT. :greengrin

Ah yes, I am the folicly challenged one with terrible facial hair.....:agree:

matty_f
24-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Players are on holiday mode, lets see who CC brings in during close season, then judge the man....

:agree: I thought that last week against Hamilton, we played it like a pre-season game. There's hee-haw to play for, teams scrapping it out for seventh is like bald men fighting it out over a comb.

The financial aspect of finishing seventh would help the club, but I really don't think the players are giving a toss about that. The last two games have seen teams with a lot to play for (their SPL survival), playing us with hee-haw to play for - and it's shown.

For me, and going by the low attendances, others as well - the season's done. It's been a horrendous season and I can't wait to see the back of it.

I've seen enough from Calderwood to leave me optimistic for next season but my appetite for this season is pretty much nil. Will still get along to the games but more from a sense of duty than a sense of excitement.

Removed
24-04-2011, 08:54 PM

And cheap sunglasses :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Yes they bossed us as our midfield hid again. There was no hard work from the team today IMO. Big changes required for next season me thinks.

greenlex
24-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Now we know:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:57 PM
And cheap sunglasses :agree:

How dare you Billy, they are crackers.....:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Now we know:agree:

Nice to put a face to the name

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 08:59 PM
If any players make a difference similar to the difference the players he has already brought in we might as well forget next season.

Harsh........As he is dealing with a lot of the dross from the Yogi era, I will give CC a bit more time.... Seems you are not willing to do the same?

Removed
24-04-2011, 09:02 PM
How dare you Billy, they are crackers.....:greengrin

:greengrin

I could actually see you today as the crowd was so gash. Spent most of the second half seeing who I could spot that I knew in the west lower nearest FF. That's how exciting the game was. I sent one update text to an absent mate when we won a corner :yawn:

down the slope
24-04-2011, 09:02 PM
If any players make a difference similar to the difference the players he has already brought in we might as well forget next season.

Eh !.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Harsh........As he is dealing with a lot of the dross from the Yogi era, I will give CC a bit more time.... Seems you are not willing to do the same?

Hes getting at the very least the whole of next season for me mate. He cant be judged on part of a season with the players hes had to work with. There already has been a big improvement from the John Hughes days. :cgwa

marinello59
24-04-2011, 09:08 PM

Party poppers out if we don't win next weekend then?

Baldy Foghorn
24-04-2011, 09:08 PM

I could actually see you today as the crowd was so gash. Spent most of the second half seeing who I could spot that I knew in the west lower nearest FF. That's how exciting the game was. I sent one update text to an absent mate when we won a corner :yawn:

Jeez Billy, that sums up the match then

Lofarl
24-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes lets forget the 8 games in a row unbeaten shall we

Andy74
24-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Hes getting at the very least the whole of next season for me mate. He cant be judged on part of a season with the players hes had to work with. There already has been a big improvement from the John Hughes days. :cgwa

Has there? One good month so far..

Hughes started with seven of them.

I do back CC but for me the effect of the new players is vanishing, just like it has for previous managers. pretty quickly as well though.

But lets see how we fare when he's had another window and a pre season.

I don't think we can keep saying it's an improvement though. It's not really. One point at home against the bottom two shows that.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 09:24 PM

:agree:That seems to have slipped a few peoples minds just now.

Andy74
24-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Why not? Hughes had seven months that werre forgotten in weeks.

For me it's more a concern that this new midfield and team that were not going to get bullied and had more desire are now gerting bullied and showing little desire.

Work in progress though and i'm sure we will get back to it. Maybe one day we can dream of fourth place!

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Taking in to account the preformances we have endured and the overall performance of the "team" this season if the players are on holiday mode it shows a COMPLETE lack of respect for the Fans and the Club.

Personally I think we are simply not good enough the players we have with one or two exceptions are begining to confirm they are bottom six material. Yes we had a good run but did we have Any good performaces? We scrapped and in most games we stumbled over the finishing line in many games.

Todays Players

Brown okay keeper cannot kick and therefore drags the team down
Booth Great prospect
Hanlon begining to look like a captain
Dickoh sorry not good enough
Towell okay certainly no better than okay he can improve missing for most of the game
Palsson Not the player we hoped he would be (Looks like Billy Bighead)
Scott he is what he is he will not improve us
Miller he can play but is a coward scared of his own shadow
Wotherspoon looks totally out of his depth and has not progressed at all
Riordan tried hard today however a shadow of his former self (I am huge fan)
Sodje played well today but overall a journey man who will not improve

Murray sorry he is gone
Stevenson tried hard but surely only a squad player
Vaz Te who knows ? does not look like he will improve us.

The last two games have been the PERFECT advert to show why season ticket sales will slump next year. And for that reason alone the players should be ashamed of their last 2 performances.

Colin is gonna need lots of hard work and luck in the transfer market to get in to top 6 never mind challenge for 3rd next season.

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 09:52 PM
CC has brought in players in January better than Yogi's duds and he'll do so again in the summer.

Sadly, Yogi saddled us with expensive wages with Hart and De Graaf into next season (why they werenae part of the 'clearout masterplan' we'll never know!).

We're struggling - I'm not surprised tbh as we had players starting today who are not guauranteed to be there next season eg Towell, Dickoh, Miller, Deeks, Vaz Te .. These guys will not want an injury (and rightly so).

A point from six v the bottom two is unacceptable but still better than Yogi's worst ever record :wink: CC needs more time - he inherited a shambles.

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Why not? Hughes had seven months that werre forgotten in weeks.

I remember months - not weeks - of torture. Sadly cannae forget it either! There was much deluded/embarrassing havering from Hughes along the way also.

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I remember months - not weeks - of torture. Sadly cannae forget it either! There was much deluded/embarrassing havering from Hughes along the way also.

As Hibs fans we have now had nearly 18 months of some of the worst football seen at ER in the last 40 years

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 10:15 PM
As Hibs fans we have now had nearly 18 months of some of the worst football seen at ER in the last 40 years

Yup - and the current manager's had one window (the toughest one) to bring in a few players who didn't have a pre-season/friendlies etc before the competitive games. He's got a squad full of previous managers' mistakes.

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Yup - and the current manager's had one window (the toughest one) to bring in a few players who didn't have a pre-season/friendlies etc before the competitive games. He's got a squad full of previous managers' mistakes.

And possibly some of his own :wink::wink::wink:

CCwill get time but it is not a minor Op we need we require full open heart surgery before we will compete for 3rd again. Colin will need a lot of luck to hit top 6 next year. With crowds of what I think will be under 10,000 we may have a long wait for the "golry years"

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 10:32 PM

CCwill get time but it is not a minor Op we need we require full open heart surgery before we will compete for 3rd again. Colin will need a lot of luck to hit top 6 next year. With crowds of what I think will be under 10,000 we may have a long wait for the "golry years"

Makes the decision for a new stand, spending the last of the cash and taking on more debt all the dafter but let's no go there :wink:

CC's made mistakes - no question - and I'm sure he's admitted so .. Without insulting the fans too.

He needs time - he's got a mess to sort out. The squad lacks pace, creativity, balance and let's not forget how demoralised it was previously under Yogi.

Removed
24-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Makes the decision for a new stand, spending the last of the cash and taking on more debt all the dafter but let's no go there :wink:

CC's made mistakes - no question - and I'm sure he's admitted so .. Without insulting the fans too.

He needs time - he's got a mess to sort out. The squad lacks pace, creativity, balance and let's not forget how demoralised it was previously under Yogi.

Why not? :wink: You know it made sense but won't admit it :na na:

sesoim
24-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Why? Motherwell have peanuts to spend compared to us and they are in the top six (again) and in the Cup Final. Dundee Utd and Killie also have smaller resources than us (and bigger debts), and they are there. The players that are leaving us could free up enough funds to sign half a dozen good (by SPL standards) players, so it is in Calderwood's hands whether we actually have a good team next season.

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Why not? :wink: You know it made sense but won't admit it :na na:

Made no sense to me - before, during and after :na na:

greenlex
24-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Made no sense to me - before, during and after :na na:
Aye we could have waited till we needed it and it was twice the price. See you money men :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Why? Motherwell have peanuts to spend compared to us and they are in the top six (again) and in the Cup Final. Dundee Utd and Killie also have smaller resources than us (and bigger debts), and they are there. The players that are leaving us could free up enough funds to sign half a dozen good (by SPL standards) players, so it is in Calderwood's hands whether we actually have a good team next season.

Yeah I agree. Just as it was in Yogi's hands last year, De Graff and others ensured we failed. We will need plenty of luck trust me.

Look at the current squad maybe 3 - 4 players look good the rest either have Plenty to prove or have proved they are not good enough. Yes lots will leave but HIBS and all Scottish football dont have cash to buy or pay wages for quality. Crowds in Scotland will SLUMP big time next year and we will need luck getting the right players in on a small budget.

Removed
24-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Aye we could have waited till we needed it and it was twice the price. See you money men :rolleyes:

He's used to Tannadice so ***** "stadiums" don't bother him :agree:

Sammy7nil
24-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Well I have been waiting the best part of 50 years to get good a team on the park that will be together for more than 2 minutes before we are forced to sell, I would like to challange for 3rd and win a Scottish Cup I AM STILL WAITING.

I have been VERY Patient I dont have long left I know where I would like the funds invested.

P.S. Without a TEAM on the park we will NEVER need the new stand hazzard a guess when we will have our 1st sell out ? I will say probably not in my life time :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo: I hope to have a few season yet :greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-04-2011, 06:08 AM

I'd love to know when we'll 'need' it though. When we have a 10-team SPL?

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 07:34 AM
No, because I doubt if the board are smart enough to work out what the Forest fans know.
Do you not think there is any merit in formulating a part of your opinion based on the opinions of 100% of Forest fans questioned on the subject?

Are you for real?

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 07:37 AM
We drew a meaningless match at home and some of the posts are frightening.

IndieHibby
25-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't think we can keep saying it's an improvement though. It's not really. One point at home against the bottom two shows that.

:aok: We were getting relegated - now we are not. If that's not improvement, then what is?

At xmas, most fans I know just hoped to avoid relegation and then think about next year.

Some folk.....

down the slope
25-04-2011, 08:04 AM
The common denominator that runs through every recent season is one Mr Rod Petrie , he got lucky with the golden generation that bailed him out bigtime or he would have gone down in history as one of the worst chairman we have ever had. His trouble is that he knows nowt about football and for me he makes wrong managerial decisions time and again that has cost us a small fortune in a legion of crappy players each has brought in . I would have to give Calderwood the benefit of the doubt for another season but going on Petries track record you do have to wonder. By the way how much do you think we have had to pay out in compensation to all the recent managers we have dumped under his tenure ? , aye Mr wonderfull right enough.

The Falcon
25-04-2011, 09:05 AM
The common denominator that runs through every recent season is one Mr Rod Petrie , he got lucky with the golden generation that bailed him out bigtime or he would have gone down in history as one of the worst chairman we have ever had. His trouble is that he knows nowt about football and for me he makes wrong managerial decisions time and again that has cost us a small fortune in a legion of crappy players each has brought in . I would have to give Calderwood the benefit of the doubt for another season but going on Petries track record you do have to wonder. By the way how much do you think we have had to pay out in compensation to all the recent managers we have dumped under his tenure ? , aye Mr wonderfull right enough.

Or Tom Farmer? Why not go there as well on the back of a home draw?

Hey why dont you buy them out?

As for the much vaunted "golden generation" where are they now? Not looking quite so golden are they?

Begging to stay they were, all of them but that ******* Petrie, probably at the behest of the carpetbagger Farmer, dragged them away and forced them out the door weeping as they went.

And another thing if we hadnt built the stand we would never have got permission again.

Jesus wept.............

:devil:

marinello59
25-04-2011, 09:09 AM

If the man had any sort of knowledge about modern day requirements he would have overseen the provision of a fully owned training complex so we could continue to develop our own players.

matty_f
25-04-2011, 09:13 AM
If the man had any sort of knowledge about modern day requirements he would have overseen the provision of a fully owned training complex so we could continue to develop our own players.

Instead he pocketed that money, along with the car park loot!

The swine!! :grr:

Dr Jimmy
25-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I think CC's biggest challenge is changing the mindset of the whole club. We need winners on and off the park all fighting for the same thing... success on the field.
If he can't solve this we will not push Utd, well or dare I say it, the yams for a Euro place or in the cups.

matty_f
25-04-2011, 09:37 AM
It's my view that I know now what you guys will accept in another year or so.:wink: More than happy to be proved wrong but can't see it.

You should offer up a bet on it.:greengrin

Sammy7nil
25-04-2011, 09:44 AM
We drew a meaningless match at home and some of the posts are frightening.

Sorry Kiaser this is on the back of 18 months of PISH

Okay we got out of relegation trouble, something we should never be involved in with our budget and squad size so forgive me if I am not too excited.

The players we brought in made a difference but they look like their ability is limited and the bottom 6 looks the standard of our squad.

St Mirren and Hamilton have made us look VERY ordinary in the last 2 games.
They are the bottom 2 for a reason.

P.S. A crowd of under 7500 said far more than anything I can post on here.

matty_f
25-04-2011, 09:50 AM
There's a limit to the amount I can make folk drink. I have a consciense, I can't be held responsible for the damage I cause to their livers with all the free pints I have to pay out :greengrin

Fixed that for you.:thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 11:14 AM
It's my view that I know now what you guys will accept in another year or so.:wink: More than happy to be proved wrong but can't see it.

I agree he will probably be gone in a year or so, maybe two. If all goes well he will be lured to pastures new, and if not he will be hounded out. Either way it will, in all probability and through some tenuous unsubstantiated link, be Rod Petrie's fault.

I will also predict the same path for his successor and his successor and so on, as that is the reality of the times in which we live.

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 12:58 PM
"tactically inept" "Anyone who takes off a striker at half time for a defender to defend a one goal lead deserves to be sacked and never manage again" "out of his depth" "won't be long before he is fired or hounded out" "thick and clueless"...Just a handful of opinions of Forest fans....But we'll give him a year or two to find this out fir ourselves :greengrin

That would be a sample after the promotion I imagine and, some have argued, they were ill prepared for the challenges ahead. Opinions eh?

We should really wait and form our own as he might have learned something, after all if we all gave up at the first failure no one would ever achieve anything.

I still maintain the "shelf life" for a manager at clubs like ourselves is probably a couple of years so, either way, you will be right and he will be gone and we get to do it all over again.

Septimus
25-04-2011, 01:45 PM
There should never be a situation when the players feel that they have nothing to play for. They have the fans to play for and should give their best in every situation if only for that reason.

Another thread slags off Ian Murray. He gives everything time after time. That is what I expect from a Hibs player.

basehibby
25-04-2011, 01:50 PM
The last couple of performances have been lacklustre no doubt about it, and the entirely predictable outpourings of hysterical pish are certainly in evidence on this thread.

From what I can see there is a perhaps understandable lack of urgency which has settled upon the team in recent weeks since it has become clear that the goal of achieving safety from relegation has been acomplished and the top six has slipped out of reach.

That lack of urgency has resulted in the team that carved out five victories on the trot to gain safety suddenly looking very mediocre. It DOES flag up the need for additions in certain areas - we could certainly do with one or two pacey wide players for starters - but it does NOT make players that we were singing from the rooftops about only a few weeks ago suddenly crap, as suggested by certain posters with an apparent agenda of undermining the manager at every opportunity :rolleyes:.

There is certainly still building work to be done on the squad, but what we have seen so far from the january window is cause for optimism IMO - CC readily identified the areas of the team that needed strengthening in order to achieve safety and signed the appropriate players to do so. I see no reason to believe that he cannot continue this process in the summer with more ambitious objectives in mind.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Obviously you have an axe to grind for whatever reason you refuse to see any positives. Don't you remember the string of good results we had after the January window? Or did you expect us to sort out all the problems in one window? More fool you if you did.

Some fans choose to see improvements being made but I don't think anyone believes we are close to the finished article.

I get the impression that you would be hiring a new manager on a weekly basis because, apparently, new managers have to have a flawless record.

And before you start asking dumb questions like "Do you think 1 point out of 6 against poorer opposition is good enough?". No, I don't. But I do think that the signs we saw in February ARE good enough. Good enough to give me some hope for next season. I'm not hoping to split the OF. I'm not expecting us to finish 3rd. But I've seen enough this year to make me believe that the future is brighter than it was last year.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 02:01 PM
It's a sample from the last seven days.I've made my mind up. You can catch up in your own time:greengrin...

Following your "logic", any manager who didn't get it quite right at some point previously in their career can't possible make amends and get things right at some point in their future. Maybe he didn't do a great job at Forrest, I don't know, but that doesn't mean he can't do a good job here at Hibs. I prefer to judge the man on his merits rather than reading snippets from fans relating to his past.

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Following your "logic", any manager who didn't get it quite right at some point previously in their career can't possible make amends and get things right at some point in their future. Maybe he didn't do a great job at Forrest, I don't know, but that doesn't mean he can't do a good job here at Hibs. I prefer to judge the man on his merits rather than reading snippets from fans relating to his past.

He did get them promoted which is often forgotten.

The same charges that are levelled against Calderwood we could accuse Mixu off. Killie fans would beg to differ.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 02:38 PM
He did get them promoted which is often forgotten.

The same charges that are levelled against Calderwood we could accuse Mixu off. Killie fans would beg to differ.

Unfortunately LOTS of things are forgotten during these debates. I don't expect people to be happy all of the time but there seems to be some people (not just now but throughout the colourful history of Hibs.net) who post more often when it's to complain about something. That doesn't mean those people are wrong but in the interests of a balanced argument it would help to recognise the good rather than just the bad (IMHO).

Dirkster23
25-04-2011, 03:07 PM
"tactically inept" "Anyone who takes off a striker at half time for a defender to defend a one goal lead deserves to be sacked and never manage again" "out of his depth" "won't be long before he is fired or hounded out" "thick and clueless"...Just a handful of opinions of Forest fans....But we'll give him a year or two to find this out fir ourselves :greengrin

****ing useless, total bombscare, couldnae catch a cold! The type of posts we got on here when Maka was playing in goals, but you maintain he'll still come good.

I guess the posters on the Forest site must be right (they back up your arguement) but the posters on .net haven't got a clue, eh :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2011, 03:22 PM
There are a few things CC needs to address for next season IMO.

The sometimes poor positional play of our back 4

Our seeming inability to play the ball through the midfield with any sort of flair, which leads to the ball moving at a painfully slow pace giving the opposition time to organize.

The fact that we have a left back who is willing to break upfield, but who's affect is neutralised by the left side strikers lack of movement.

Our inability to make use of a right back who can chuck the ball for miles. Ask Stoke fans if that aint a usefull weapon.

A lack of pace throughout the team and the total lack of a tricky player who can unlock a tight defence. Evident against the Yams, Hamilton & St Mirren in recent weeks, all of whom successfully shut up shop against us.

Good luck CC

Golden Bear
25-04-2011, 03:29 PM

Our seeming inability to play the ball through the midfield with any sort of flair, which leads to the ball moving at a painfully slow pace giving the opposition time to organize.

The fact that we have a left back who is willing to break upfield, but who's affect is neutralised by the left side strikers lack of movement.

Our inability to make use of a right back who can chuck the ball for miles. Ask Stoke fans if that aint a usefull weapon.

A lack of pace throughout the team and the total lack of a tricky player who can unlock a tight defence. Evident against the Yams, Hamilton & St Mirren in recent weeks, all of whom successfully shut up shop against us.

Good luck CC

:agree:

A very fair summation.

Golden Bear
25-04-2011, 04:25 PM
I'd prefer my own judgment backed up by 100% of Forest fans who have had a few years first hand experience.

Interesting.

I never knew that 100% of Forest fans had first hand knowledge of the Hibs player pool and the manner in which they play.

snooky
25-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Good luck CC

:agree: cc to CC

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I've only given you five or so snippets .. Here's my point.I think the guy is clueless.100%ish of Forest fans agree.We could learn from history.:agree:OR you can carry on living in fantasy land!
Because my opinion differs from yours am I living in fantasy land? I assume that means you're living in reality whereas anyone who has the balls to be slightly positive is somehow delusional?

I think everyone gets your point, you've not exactly been very subtle about it. It seems like every thread you start or post you make is to remind us exactly how clueless CC is.

WE GET IT!!! You don't rate the guy and apparently neither does every single (-ish) Forrest fan. You don't need to continually remind us...something you do when we turn in a bad performance or get a bad result. How many Clueless Colin threads did you start in February? I can't be arsed checking but maybe you know, since you live in reality. LOL.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 05:13 PM
@A Regulator.

Bovril gives a list of changes / improvements that he thinks need to be made next year.

Golden Bear agrees.

And your response is:

I'd prefer my own judgment backed up by 100% of Forest fans who have had a few years first hand experience.
How does that relate to either of the prior two posts? You either agree with the suggestions or you disagree. You do neither. All you do is tell us all again how you feel about CC.

I am assuming given your unwillingness to look FORWARDS that you cannot think of a single example of where a player or a coach or a manager had a bad spell at one club but turned it around somewhere else? That's never happened here at Hibs before.....

Hibeesb0unc3
25-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Give CC credit. When he came in he was in we were in a shambles. I remember people booing and slating him before he got a chance to make any changes which is crazy. We were in serious trouble of being relegated and it was looking like when and not of we got relegated. Fans would have been glad just to stay up. Just because we reached that target by March a few Fans have gotten ahead of themselves.

Now look at our form since February when CC was able to bring in some of his own players during the winter window which is always more difficult to sign players. We have won 7 games in the league which is more than we managed since we beat celtic In January 2010.

You're not going to achieve anything if you don't give the manager time. Instead of slating him after 2 lacklustre performances and give him time to rebuild during the summer and then if he fails like yogi did with his summer signings then the criticism might be justified.

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 08:06 PM

You cant possibly claim to know what 100% of Forest fans think.

Now you're being silly.

Broken Gnome
25-04-2011, 08:15 PM
You cant possibly claim to know what 100% of Forest fans think.

Now you're being silly.

????? :greengrin

Broken Gnome
25-04-2011, 08:34 PM
You'll be right then:rolleyes:

No, we all know it's only you and your band of merry men that have opinions that matter.

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2011, 08:45 PM
100% of Forest fans I've questioned .

I've asked the question on a Forest forum - still waiting on a negative reply :wink:

Dirkster23
25-04-2011, 08:45 PM
"WE".. Who's "WE"?

100% of Hibs fans he's questioned.

Broken Gnome
25-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Everyone not blessed with your infinite knowledge on Calderwood's imminent failure I'd guess.

Removed
25-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I've asked the question on a Forest forum - still waiting on a negative reply :wink:

That's looking like it will be an interesting thread.

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Try here. :greengrin

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25065&p=1199786&posted=1#post1199786

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm Peter on forestfans.net .. Dream on..

Then here's the thread and everyone can tell us if it's 100% against like you saud it was.

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/17767-colin-calderwood/

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 09:08 PM
However I would like to thank you, on behalf of normal people, for the supreme effort , despite your obvious bilndness to any positivity (100% my arse) , and a sterling attempt to undermine and ridicule the manager of Hibs early on. Get in first before it goes pear shaped eh? You must be really disappointed that we werent relegated. Gutted perhaps? :rolleyes:

How much joy would that have given you I wonder. :hmmm:

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2011, 09:11 PM
You'll be right then...Calderwod is the man :faf::faf:

100%ish is what I said:greengrin

Looks like my quick straw poll has been as accurate as yours :na na:

:hilarious

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I've only given you five or so snippets .. Here's my point.I think the guy is clueless.100%ish of Forest fans agree.We could learn from history.:agree:OR you can carry on living in fantasy land!

100%ish is what I said:greengrin

To be fair you have got both of those covered I suppose.

So who would you have given the manager's job to? Please dont say Craig Brown.....

Andy74
25-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Then here's the thread and everyone can tell us if it's 100% against like you saud it was.

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/17767-colin-calderwood/
The words dull, uninspiring and inept come up a lot in that thread.

Speedway
25-04-2011, 09:22 PM
And in my thoughts whilst reading this one.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 09:27 PM
LOL.

Just read this post made by our very own Regulator on April 20th:
But I'm now pretty much convinced that he is clueless and totally uninspiring and we're not even getting the boring,ugly 1-0 wins we were promised. In fact our defence is a shambles,leeking goals for fun!!

This post in isolation shows how narrow minded you are. "we're not even getting the boring, ugly 1-0 wins...". Um, did things not turn around in February after CC had time to start (not finish) rebuilding? You're dislike of the man is turning you into a liar. I'm not about to look through all the results before he arrived and compare them with the results after he brought in some new players because I think you're quietly happy having people running around trying to compete with your unbiased logic. LOL.

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 09:29 PM
The words dull, uninspiring and inept come up a lot in that thread.

I dont think he's the most exciting speaker in the world (that Stranraer accent again!) and nor is he Mourinho.

Speak to the Celtic fans about Mowbray and see what comments you get which some on here would disagree with. Horses for courses and all that.

All I'm saying is lets not crucify the guy and lets give him a fair crack at it.

HibsMax
25-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm an eccentric lunatic who's views don't agree with the majority of the non- lunatics? At least I've made the effort to back up my opinion and opened up my efforts of intrusive journalism for all to see:greengrin

You're trying to back up your opinion by seeking out people with the same opinion as you. The only way we're going to find out if CC is the man for the job is to watch what he does and judge him on his results. Polling fans for their opinion, fans of a team that CC has no dealings with any longer, is not the answer. He will live or die by his own achievements.

EDIT : for the record, other people have attempted to back up their opinions also e.g., looking at the results pre-/post-window and making comparisons. That's a much more credible statistic than the number of Forest fans you can find who share your opinion.

Kaiser1962
25-04-2011, 09:32 PM
]I'm an eccentric lunatic[/B] who's views don't agree with the majority of the non- lunatics? At least I've made the effort to back up my opinion and opened up my efforts of intrusive journalism for all to see:greengrin

You're certainly something....quite what I'm not sure yet. :hmmm:

TornadoHibby
26-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm an eccentric lunatic who's views don't agree with the majority of the non- lunatics? At least I've made the effort to back up my opinion and opened up my efforts of intrusive journalism for all to see:greengrin

The way I see this is simply that you are seeking to imply that whatever was the outcome of CC's managerial tenure at Forest will also be the (most likely) outcome of his managerial tenure at Hibs yet appear to be (convenienently) ignoring the fact that the circumstances prevailing at Forest at the relevent time can only be identical to those prevailing at Hibs for the corresponding "relevant time" BY CHANCE! :agree:

I imagine that the odds of that happening would be nearer to the chance of winning the jackpot on the Euromillions draw any random week rather than the "odds on certainty" chance as you are suggesting! :wink:

Hypothesising about anything can be interesting for some but tiresome for many others and, more often than not, is way off the mark due to improper comparisons of the variables involved in the comparisons seeking to be made! :wink:

I'm sure that you think you are doing very well (100% gets quoted by you quite a lot!) but only time will tell in fact! We might know by the end of next season for example! :wink:

Even if by some random chance of luck you were proved to be correct, what is it you are seeking to achieve with this thread and the thrust of your posts right now? :hmmm: :dunno:

flash
26-04-2011, 11:49 AM
It would take some doing twisting the answers you got to be deemed positive. Maybe I'm not do daft after all.:wink:

Maybe not but you certainly come across as something else which i am unable to post here.

Speedway
26-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Another successful fishing expedition, Regulator, I notice you've caught some whoppers.

The continuous negative spirit of your posts and your obvious motives for posting them may well reflect your feelings about the manager, but it does nothing to 'all pull together' and galvanise the team for the run in, summer and season ahead.

That approach is contagious, because it's easier to criticise and it's self defeating, if in fact you 'support' - that's support - Hibernian.

You are what's left over from the horrible mood this board has fallen into many times under most managers and I don't welcome it since it only serves to compound and amplify the problems.

TornadoHibby
26-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I suspected he wasn't the man for the job. I went on a Forest site as did Broxburn to get the views of fans of the previous club he managed.What's wrong with that pray tell me?

If you read my post to which you replied, you will see that I have already done that for you! :wink: :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
26-04-2011, 12:22 PM
If you're referring to your first paragraph I would say you're over elaborating.
I just wanted to satisfy myself that I wasn't alone.
I don't get what the fuss is about.

I'm not buying your apparent unwillingness to read and understand some text which is non controversial and objective and your continued promulgation of your idea that "you have got it right" in terms of a prediction of how CC will be remembered as the Hibs manager if and when he might move on to another club or do something else perhaps! :confused:

Equally, if you believe that looking at the "thoughts" a subjective (in the main) group of people who followed a team which CC previously managed and using their "opinions" on a loaded "starter for ten" placed on their message board by yourself as a means of accurately predicting how he might do at Hibs then go right ahead! :rolleyes:

However, I for one will be making my own mind up once the guy has had a proper opportunity of sorting out the mess he inherited and seeking to build a team and structure that will keep Hibs in the top half of the SPL regularly and give us decent Cup runs and other such things that all football fans (incl Hibs fans) actually look forward to and enjoy! :wink: :rolleyes:

Speedway
26-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not buying your apparent unwillingness to read and understand some text which is non controversial and objective and your continued promulgation of your idea that "you have got it right" in terms of a prediction of how CC will be remembered as the Hibs manager if and when he might move on to another club or do something else perhaps! :confused:

Equally, if you believe that looking at the "thoughts" a subjective (in the main) group of people who followed a team which CC previously managed and using their "opinions" on a loaded "starter for ten" placed on their message board by yourself as a means of accurately predicting how he might do at Hibs then go right ahead! :rolleyes:

However, I for one will be making my own mind up once the guy has had a proper opportunity of sorting out the mess he inherited and seeking to build a team and structure that will keep Hibs in the top half of the SPL regularly and give us decent Cup runs and other such things that all football fans (incl Hibs fans) actually look forward to and enjoy! :wink: :rolleyes:

:top marks

BroxburnHibee
26-04-2011, 02:07 PM
It would take some doing twisting the answers you got to be deemed positive. Maybe I'm not do daft after all.:wink:

Maybe - but is it the 100%ish (whatever that is) negative you hoped for

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 02:49 PM
And I'm a daft troll :greengrin
And 100% of Hibs fans agree with you on that one :greengrin

Hank Schrader
26-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I was speaking to Riordan in the beer garden of The Old Inne in D'Mains after the Hamilton game... He thinks Calderwood's the best manager he's ever worked under.:confused:

Surely Riordan is more qualified than you to have such an opinion seeing as he works with Calderwood day in day out.

I quicker listen to Deeks thoughts on the current manager than someone who rates Makalambay as a quality keeper despite his numerous errors.:rolleyes:

The_Sauz
26-04-2011, 02:57 PM
It was pretty comprehensive in the general direction of opinion i would say. What I hoped for was a manager that would have given me some reason to be positive and I simply don't think we have one.
I was speaking to Riordan in the beer garden of The Old Inne in D'Mains after the Hamilton game... He thinks Calderwood's the best manager he's ever worked under.:confused:
I hope you told him off :grr:

Johnny_Leith
26-04-2011, 03:06 PM
He's got some job on his hands, to turn this 'team' into contenders for 3rd next season. If he doesn't I think people will start calling for his head I'm afraid.

Barman Stanton
26-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Even one of the Forest fans thought you were a bit suspect on that thread. It was a bit bizzare, you seem pleased with their reaction! You may have given them some background on the mess he inherited though.

Hard to judge a manager on a previous job though. Mixu was pretty terrible for us but did a great job at Killie and is now an international manager. Likewise Mowbray was great at us but bombed at Celtic.

I will wait until it's fully CC's team before judging him.

JimBHibees
26-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Hardly a fair assessment to be asking fans of a club he was sacked from. Bit like Plymouth fans asking about Blobby here or asking Bradford fans about FJK. Give the guy a chance and we will see how it goes we need stability and having a pop at the manager this early in his reign is well yammish.

IWasThere2016
26-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Yes - you'll find the players like/respect CC amd realise his abilities are considerable when compared to others (I needn't name names) :wink:

HibsMax
26-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Even one of the Forest fans thought you were a bit suspect on that thread. It was a bit bizzare, you seem pleased with their reaction! You may have given them some background on the mess he inherited though.

Hard to judge a manager on a previous job though. Mixu was pretty terrible for us but did a great job at Killie and is now an international manager. Likewise Mowbray was great at us but bombed at Celtic.

I will wait until it's fully CC's team before judging him.

How irrational of you! :wink:

Barman Stanton
26-04-2011, 05:52 PM
How irrational of you! :wink:

Well I think the players he brought in are an improvement on what we had. Happy to let the rebuilding continue.

TornadoHibby
27-04-2011, 09:40 AM
It was pretty comprehensive in the general direction of opinion i would say.

I disagree despite the extremely leading wording of your initial query posed for the Forest fans to respond to! :confused: However, in my experience, some people always find "support" for their point of view in almost any response to their question(s) on a subject. :wink:

What I hoped for was a manager that would have given me some reason to be positive and I simply don't think we have one.

Despite your opinion that you have "tabled" sufficient "journalistic evidence" to support your belief regarding CC's managerial abilities, I for one most certainly don't agree with you at all for all of the objective reasons I have already posted on this thread which, incidentally, you have never even commented on! :hmmm: Wonder why? :dunno:

As he is one of many who really do know CC well and work with him every day, don't you think that Derek might just have a better qualification to express a clear objective opinion about the guy than you have! :rolleyes:

Claire07
27-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes - you'll find the players like/respect CC amd realise his abilities are considerable when compared to others (I needn't name names) :wink:

Were we not under the impression that player liked/respected John Collins? and we all know how that ended...

Speedway
27-04-2011, 01:05 PM

Yo, G. Inferring something are you?

IWasThere2016
27-04-2011, 01:06 PM

:top marks You're on form today! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
27-04-2011, 01:18 PM

:tee hee:

Nevi1875
28-04-2011, 12:02 AM

What did you ask ?