PDA

View Full Version : Question goals on sunday

Matty_Jack04
24-04-2011, 10:09 AM
just watching this show and they cut too neil mccann and champaigne charlie at ibrox, whilst they where blabbing on about minoritys and the usual guff regarding the bigot brothers i noticed that every seat in the stand behind them had a mini union jack flag sitting awaiting a monkey to wave them.

Now im not saying waving a union jack is wrong or biggotted, but we all know the reasons behind rangers fc associating themselves with the flag and we all know the feelings celtic fc have about the flags so.......who organises these things and how can the mighty strathclyde police not see that this sort of thing could antagonise trouble?

Sorry for the spelling rough night :)

hibeedonald
24-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Christ, cant believe they put union jacks there, surely if they wanted to make their point about stamping out sectarianism they could use Scotland or club flags?

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Christ, cant believe they put union jacks there, surely if they wanted to make their point about stamping out sectarianism they could use Scotland or club flags?

That is thier club flag :greengrin

Elephant Stone
24-04-2011, 10:34 AM
just watching this show and they cut too neil mccann and champaigne charlie at ibrox, whilst they where blabbing on about minoritys and the usual guff regarding the bigot brothers i noticed that every seat in the stand behind them had a mini union jack flag sitting awaiting a monkey to wave them.

Now im not saying waving a union jack is wrong or biggotted, but we all know the reasons behind rangers fc associating themselves with the flag and we all know the feelings celtic fc have about the flags so.......who organises these things and how can the mighty strathclyde police not see that this sort of thing could antagonise trouble?

Sorry for the spelling rough night :)

It might be tacky but there's absolutely nothing offensive about it. Union flags should be the least of their worries.

Matty_Jack04
24-04-2011, 10:52 AM
It might be tacky but there's absolutely nothing offensive about it. Union flags should be the least of their worries.

Oh yeh i agree as i said theres nothing wong with waving it, whats getting me as the cavemen in the celtic end will quite happily find something offensive by it and theres the trouble ur trying to avoid, the whole stadium waving these u bet ur ass they'l pipe up the 'rebel' songs, add that too easter sunday and no work in the morning and you've got a good chance of trouble today/night.

Just seems abit foolish to allow organised things like this today

CMcP
24-04-2011, 10:55 AM

Disagree. Whilst there is nothing offensive about the union flag, just as there is nothing offensive about Irish folk songs, both the OF need to realise that continuing to be true to their "heritage" allows the bigots to justify their bile.

The sooner both clubs ditch their "founding fathers" mentality and look to the future as SCOTTISH FOOTBALL CLUBS - nothing more, nothing less - the sooner the minority morons can be marginalised and rooted out.

hibeedonald
24-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Disagree. Whilst there is nothing offensive about the union flag, just as there is nothing offensive about Irish folk songs, both the OF need to realise that continuing to be true to their "heritage" allows the bigots to justify their bile.

The sooner both clubs ditch their "founding fathers" mentality and look to the future as SCOTTISH FOOTBALL CLUBS - nothing more, nothing less - the sooner the minority morons can be marginalised and rooted out.

what he said. :agree:

Black Kyle
24-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Another example of showing 'strength in the Union' on national TV and sway voters away from the SNP.

There is an election soon after all.

Or I am just taking political conspiracy too far? I thought the pills were working too.........

moredun
25-04-2011, 02:50 PM
It was just like sunday night at the proms with their wee flags:faf: