PDA

View Full Version : PC Gone Mad, or a Non Story

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Poor Sammy the Tammy, he just can't get it right.

http://www.newsrt.co.uk/news/sammy-the-tammy-rapped-after-tank-stunt-during-dunfermline-game-130421.html

My opinion is that no one was offended, and nothing happened but the Daily Record just thought they would publish the story anyway, just in case.

A lot of these stories about people being outraged are nothing more than journalists stretching their imagination IMO. Of course if the story does get a reaction, then they can say that there was something to write about after all.

All it will take is one wee saddo from Kirkcaldy to say that his kids were terrified by this cardboard tank and they can send round a photographer.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 10:00 AM

http://www.newsrt.co.uk/news/sammy-the-tammy-rapped-after-tank-stunt-during-dunfermline-game-130421.html

My opinion is that no one was offended, and nothing happened but the Daily Record just thought they would publish the story anyway, just in case.

A lot of these stories about people being outraged are nothing more than journalists stretching their imagination IMO. Of course if the story does get a reaction, then they can say that there was something to write about after all.

All it will take is one wee saddo from Kirkcaldy to say that his kids were terrified by this cardboard tank and they can send round a photographer.

:worms:
Its just a bit of fun. Sammy is the best mascot in Scotish football IMO. Just leave him alone. Any excuse for a story eh.

Kojock
24-04-2011, 10:02 AM
I can see where the Raith fans are coming from, the tank is so realistic looking I thought it was real at first. Rat ta tat tat :wink:

I think that mascots are really funny and are a great addition to the pre match entertainment. I have often wondered why we dont have one on the pitch every week. :-)

Liam89
24-04-2011, 10:05 AM
What a joke, it's just a bit of fun! :rolleyes:

Jack
24-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Think tank thoughts unsuitable! :rolleyes:

whiskyhibby
24-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I can see where the Raith fans are coming from, the tank is so realistic looking I thought it was real at first. Rat ta tat tat :wink:

I think that mascots are really funny and are a great addition to the pre match entertainment. I have often wondered why we dont have one on the pitch every week. :-)

Aye it would have had me diving for cover..........:agree:

scotty1875
24-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Non story & but of fun.

This should exemplify that rival supporters, unlike the Old Form poison, can still have a wee bit of banter without the hysterical fear of pitch invasions and violence.

If this happened at a Tynecastle derby, I'm sure there'd be a few thousand Hibees giving it tight to the mascot and the Yams with verbals and several hand and finger gestures but that would be it.

Sammy The Tammy is the only decent mascot I've seen. Years ago, when Cannigia played for Dundee, Sammy walked around the pitch at East End Park with a long blond wig and head band on, wearing an Argentina strip while wiping away fake tears to the sound of Don't Cry For Me Argentina playing. I was in the away end and the Dundee fans thought it was really funny.

It's just banter and it is what should keep us all on the moral higher ground above the depths the Old Firm shame have decended to.

By the way - Sammy in his tank would score more goals than Edwardo Hurtado ever did.

greenlex
24-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Heres a thought. What if Celtic got Hoopy the huddle hound to wear a balaclava and shoot an imaginary gun at the Loyal faithful at parkhead on a derby day. Brilliant could you imagine the outcry?:greengrin

s.a.m
24-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this.............................................. ........but I actually like Sammy the Tammy. And if military hardware is OK with Sammy, it's OK with me.

scotty1875
24-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Heres a thought. What if Celtic got Hoopy the huddle hound to wear a balaclava and shoot an imaginary gun at the Loyal faithful at parkhead on a derby day. Brilliant could you imagine the outcry?:greengrin

:top marks :greengrin

ArabHibee
24-04-2011, 12:07 PM

We did. His name was Konte. Although it was during match entertainment rather than prematch. :greengrin

scotty1875
24-04-2011, 12:12 PM

:top marks :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Probably scared the crap out of Gordon Brown.

Removed
24-04-2011, 12:25 PM

:faf:

Frazerbob
24-04-2011, 12:54 PM
As an aside, I noticed that the Pars fans refer to Raith as "The Wee Team". Dunfermline are hardly European giants like our "big team" FFS!

CropleyWasGod
24-04-2011, 12:59 PM
As an aside, I noticed that the Pars fans refer to Raith as "The Wee Team". Dunfermline are hardly European giants like our "big team" FFS!

They have arguably a better European record than our big team.

Nameless
24-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I was at the game in the Rovers end, and nobody around me seemed that bothered with Sammys tank. I did hear the "wee team" chants and had a wee chuckle to myself.

3pm
24-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I was there. It was meant as a joke but I did cringe.

HibbyDave
24-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Went to the match. sammy was very funny with raith fans also laughing outloud and clapping etc.
The Pars fans had a great song to the tune of always look on the bright side.
"You all live on the side of Fife"

magpie1892
24-04-2011, 03:38 PM

I was at the game. I was crying with laughter. But, more importantly, the Raith fans definitely got the joke.

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Went to the match. sammy was very funny with raith fans also laughing outloud and clapping etc.

How can they tell? :greengrin

I was at the game. I was crying with laughter. But, more importantly, the Raith fans definitely got the joke.

Unlike the sanctimonious prats at the Daily Record.

Franck Stanton
24-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Great song, we could/should adapt it for next Derby game [sadly next season] - obviously replacing "Fife" with "Town"

Hibercelona
24-04-2011, 09:05 PM
:worms:
Its just a bit of fun. Sammy is the best mascot in Scotish football IMO. Just leave him alone. Any excuse for a story eh.

:agree:

Sammy always does something different which makes him such a good mascot for Dunfermline.

Knowing the man behind the mask.... he'll just do something even more outrageous next time. :wink:

Hibercelona
24-04-2011, 09:08 PM

Aye.... because we're massive. :rolleyes:

I might take some stick for saying this, but Dunfermline or Raith would currently wipe the floor with us.

Removed
24-04-2011, 09:11 PM

I might take some stick for saying this, but Dunfermline or Raith would currently wipe the floor with us.

Think Frazerbob meant the yams :wink:

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 09:12 PM
:agree:

Sammy always does something different which makes him such a good mascot for Dunfermline.

Knowing the man behind the mask.... he'll just do something even more outrageous next time. :wink:

Good. And good luck to him too. I think hes brilliant. :tee hee:

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 09:16 PM

I went to Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline a few weeks ago and let me tell you Dunfermline were rotten. Cowdenbeath were just dire but all Dunfermline done was launched the ball to thier front man hoping the defender would miss it and they got 1 break from it and scored and won the game 0-1. IMO they wont have enough in the locker to stay in the SPL if they get promoted

Having said that, thats how we got our goal today a long ball to Sodje :greengrin

Not looking good for us is it :wink:

Hibercelona
24-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Think Frazerbob meant the yams :wink:

In that case.... :embarrass

But surely no other team is that BIG?

Winning the SPL every season, dominating the CL time and time again...... Not to mention a world war under their belt.... :dunno:

HibeeMG
25-04-2011, 05:40 AM
I was at the Dunfermline v Raith game with my Pars supporting mate.

The Sammy The Tammy half-time was actually quite funny.

I did say at the time that they might get into some bother for it though.