PDA

View Full Version : Yams Gavin Pearson (apparently not) at Tynecastle

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Jambo mate told me Gavin Pearson (formerly stadium announcer at ER) is doing the job at Tynie today due to Scott Wilson being in a car accident and is sooking up to them (calling them the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh :tee hee: and us the wee team.
A bit strange seeing as I'm sure he was a Hibs fan and who'd whore themself like that for their gig?
Did we sack him and make him really bitter or something?

.Sean.
23-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Bitter little fud and an awful tannoy guy.

DaveF
23-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I suspect he was simply doing a job, if it was him.

What were you expecting him to do? Play Sunshine on Leith when the teams came out :rolleyes:

Springbank
23-04-2011, 03:59 PM

What were you expecting him to do? Play Sunshine on Leith when the teams came out :rolleyes:

No, I expect him to tell them to ram their job offer where the Sun don't shine.

It really is that simple

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Not really DaveF but I wouldn't do a job if it meant ripping the pee out the team I support. I doubt the Hearts fans are gonna fall in love with him for it.

Removed
23-04-2011, 04:00 PM
No, I expect him to tell them to ram their job offer where the Sun don't shine.

It really is that simple

It's his job :rolleyes:

And I don't think he is a Hibby anyway.

Edit: Just checked his profile on Clyde. Says he is a lifelong Hibby. Strange behaviour if the OPs info is true but money does funny things to some folk :agree:

Iggy Pope
23-04-2011, 09:17 PM
It's his job :rolleyes:

And I don't think he is a Hibby anyway.

Edit: Just checked his profile on Clyde. Says he is a lifelong Hibby. Strange behaviour if the OPs info is true but money does funny things to some folk :agree:

He was really rather ***** and if the OP is right, merely confirms how rank he is. So is the new fellah. Probably been said, but confusing wee Lewis with David Stephens? Polar opposites doesn't do it justice.
Don't know about money doing funny things to them. The funniest thing is that they get paid.

IWasThere2016
24-04-2011, 05:23 AM
If true - shame on him for a lack of principles!

7 Hills
24-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Bring back Bill Barclay!

H18sry
24-04-2011, 05:57 AM
He would be working with a script no doubt,to keep the deluded ones happy.

Future17
24-04-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree he is probably working from a set script provided to the announcer by the Hearts marketing department. I would imagine the same thing happens at Easter Road.

Hibby or not, the guy is only doing a job. We've all got bills to pay and it's not as if he's making the same sort of money as some of the players who get criticised in similar circumstances.

Frazerbob
24-04-2011, 07:00 AM
It wasn't Gavin Pearson. A Jambo called Mark Martin apparently. A few apologies due to a fellow Hibby I believe.

Ritchie
24-04-2011, 07:09 AM
It wasn't Gavin Pearson. A Jambo called Mark Martin apparently. A few apologies due to a fellow Hibby I believe.

Mark Martin ........ Forth 1's tea boy! :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Does he not have a slot on Forth FM in the afternoon?

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2011, 09:30 AM
The man is a complete f*d, the worst announcer anywhere. His half time "entertainment" was cringeworthy, was he not the brains behind those randoms standing with cheap flags at the tunnel, during the Maribor game?

Mikey
24-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds like it's Gavin who's at ER today.

oconnors_strip
24-04-2011, 05:17 PM

Was mark martin

HibeeSince85
24-04-2011, 05:35 PM
We've not had a decent announcer at ER in ages.

Maybe thats where we're going wrong:greengrin

TamHibs
24-04-2011, 06:51 PM

I'm sure it was Gavin aswel today

Winston Ingram
24-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Hopefully it's the end of that tit who's been standing in

'Derek Riiiioooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrdan!'

Hiber-nation
24-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Whoever was on today was a million times better than the guy who's been doing it recently and can't actually read names or squad numbers from a teamsheet. Embarrassing.

Removed
24-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Whoever was on today was a million times better than the guy who's been doing it recently and can't actually read names or squad numbers from a teamsheet. Embarrassing.

:agree:

I was told it wasn't Gavin Pearson today. Someone must know who it was?

Did the other happyhibbie finally get his shot :greengrin

SaulGoodman
24-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Hopefully it's the end of that tit who's been standing in

'Derek Riiiioooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrdan!'
Not forgeting:

Victor Paaalllllssooooooon

and

Llllllllllllewis Stevenson

dp00
24-04-2011, 07:53 PM
It was mark martin today, from forth one. A jambo but much better than that other guy

dp00
24-04-2011, 08:00 PM
It was mark martin today, from forth one. A jambo but much better than that other guy

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2011, 09:15 PM
100% Mark Martin today. Spoke to him at HT and again at FT as he was coming out the stand and i was going back into my flat. He also done the Hearts game yest. Went to school with him, he's a jambo but a decent lad. Better than the cringeworthy clown we've had most of the season.

Hibercelona
24-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Not at all.

I would have however... played it after Motherwell got 3 back. :greengrin

PC Stamp
24-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I know him. He is an out and out Hibby so you can put that to bed.
Don't know the precise reasons for him not being there any more but his dad told me he was unhappy with the money.

I suspect it he was getting more money doing the job than he's getting now for not doing it! :greengrin!

Hibee1
24-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Was suprised to hear Mark Martin at ER today. He did alright for a Jambo.
Wouldn't mind him at most other home games as he did a professional job (sounded just like he was doing his radio show) but I wouldn't trust him for a derby.
After all the banter between him and Grant Stott on Forth One I suspect he'd play a few tricks.

happiehibbie
27-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Well i did not get the shout to do Sunday which was disapointment but hey ho .. I spoke to Mark on Sat when he was filling in for Scott. Mark is indeed a Jambo but a good presenter / announcer who does not seem to want the job as he is a Jambo and its not about the money !!!

. I dont know what i need to do to convince the office staff i am the man for the Job. I filled in last night for Scott at a Q&A at the Gorgie suite they new i was a hibby but i feel i did a profesional job for them and they seemed happy with me.

All i want is for someone who cares about hibs and can show Hibernian in a profesional manner not being the laughing stock of other supporters when annoucements are being made

Phew

happiehibbie
27-04-2011, 01:01 PM
sorry spelling and gramer awful to much of a hurry at work