PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

Hank Schrader
23-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Playing on the right side of a back three for Stirling Albion today. Confirmed by a Falkirk supporting workmate at the game.

I thought he was purely a central midfielder. Looked quality when he played against Dunfermline in a pre season game. Sounds like he is versatile too. Really hope he gets an extension and a chance to prove himself at Hibs after his injury troubles.

moredun
23-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Playing on the right side of a back three for Stirling Albion today. Confirmed by a Falkirk supporting workmate at the game.

I thought he was purely a central midfielder. Looked quality when he played against Dunfermline in a pre season game. Sounds like he is versatile too. Really hope he gets an extension and a chance to prove himself at Hibs after his injury troubles.

Is his contract up at the end of the season?
He was the one to me that looked like he was going to be a cert to make the grade with Hibs, a very assured young player.
Never seen at him at the Dunfy game but heard good reports, i do hope he gets a chance, as he was another that was unlucky with injuries

Don Giovanni
23-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Is his contract up at the end of the season?
He was the one to me that looked like he was going to be a cert to make the grade with Hibs, a very assured young player.
Never seen at him at the Dunfy game but heard good reports, i do hope he gets a chance, as he was another that was unlucky with injuries

Yep. Saw him a couple of times for the 19s. Thought he was head and shoulders above the rest but has been sadly restricted by injuries. My only criticism is he could learn that a well weighted pass is as good as beating a couple of defenders by himself.

If Hibs are taking a gamble on a contract or two this summer a fit Sean Welsh is worth a gamble IMO.

KWJ
23-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Lee Currie scored for Berwick. How long's he been there?

Golden Bear
23-04-2011, 03:22 PM

February I think.

Damon Gray is also with Berwick and seems to score on a regular basis.

ballengeich
23-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I've seen him in a number of his games for the Binos. He's done well in a struggling side, but he hasn't been outstanding, in the sense that if he'd come through the Stirling youth setup I wouldn't expect Premier teams to be fighting to get his signature. He may make it with Hibs, but I can't see him slotting straight into a first team place. There's a lot of development still needed IMO.

moredun
23-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I've seen him in a number of his games for the Binos. He's done well in a struggling side, but he hasn't been outstanding, in the sense that if he'd come through the Stirling youth setup I wouldn't expect Premier teams to be fighting to get his signature. He may make it with Hibs, but I can't see him slotting straight into a first team place. There's a lot of development still needed IMO.

Which would be understandable considering the injuries he has had.

BEEJ
23-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Are you sure it was Lee? There's a Paul Currie on the books there as well who seems to score goals regularly.

ballengeich
23-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Which would be understandable considering the injuries he has had.

Entirely understandable. I'd give him a year's contract to see whether he's got over the injuries and become ready to make the step to become a premier league player.

down-the-slope
23-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Played at CH for U19's a number of times as cover for injuries / tactical switches

essexhibee
23-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Never seen Welsh play....would people who have seen him say he is a creative midfielder like miller or more of a terrier like scott?

McD
23-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Cracking player, looked an outstanding prospect in the 19s, so composed and assured. Saw him with my old man playing CH for the 19s, my dad reckoned he looked very Hansen-esque with his ability to bring the ball out of defense so easily. 2 footed, likes a tackle, dribbling ability and great close control, altho as mentioned above, could probably just pass the ball out rather than having everyones' hearts in mouths as he takes on 2 or 3 players before releasing it.

Really hope he gets a contract and a chance to prove he's got past the injuries he's sustained, has been really unlucky in that they've come one after the other.

James70
24-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Are you sure it was Lee? There's a Paul Currie on the books there as well who seems to score goals regularly.

Both played for Berwick yesterday but it is Lee Currie who is being credited with the goal.

PaulSmith
24-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Dress sense terrible and pissed. :)