PDA

View Full Version : The odd couple?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2011, 06:11 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibernian-v-St-Mirren-Derek.6756572.jp

Interesting comment regarding his ambition and their relationship doesn't seem like we have a management team with a mid-longterm outlook with thir partnership at the heart of it? Doesn't take much reading between the lines to see this is an odd couple "I/he knew what we were getting ourselves into..."

"Asked if he still has ambitions to be a manager, Adams said: "Without a doubt. I said that when I came here and that doesn't differ. I'm here for a reason - the manager asked me to come here and work with him and I was delighted to do that.

"I knew what I was getting myself in for, he knew what he was getting himself in for. It's been great. The relationship I've got with the manager has been great and the relationship he's got with me is what he's been looking for."

BEEJ
23-04-2011, 08:39 AM
:agree: I read that article this morning and thought the wording of that part seemed strange.

It doesn't leave the reader with a sense of it being a settled and lasting arrangement. More that it's 'fine for the moment'.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2011, 03:15 PM
:agree: I read that article this morning and thought the wording of that part seemed strange.

It doesn't leave the reader with a sense of it being a settled and lasting arrangement. More that it's 'fine for the moment'.

Yup surprised not deemed worthy of much comment. I'm not for conspiracy theories but it did strike me as odd.

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Dissapointed with Adams on two fronts-

1. Commenting on the appeal when its still to be heard - does he really that will help ?

2. "Axing Hibs stars is the easy bit" - don't think that's particulary good PR, and dissapointed that Fife is not vetting all these interviews - we all know people will be leaving, but its a bit like my / your employer going public, and saying " that's the easy bit".

As always, only my opinion...:thumbsup:

degenerated
23-04-2011, 05:45 PM
i read on here that it was Petrie who appointed him rather than being asked by Calderwood, surely some mistake there :stirrer:

ancient hibee
23-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Assistant manager says he wants to be a manager again one day.Is that supposed to be in the top 10,000 surprising statements?

--------
23-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Assistant manager says he wants to be a manager again one day.Is that supposed to be in the top 10,000 surprising statements?

And he'feels that he was banned from the touchline unfairly, because this is damaging to his reputation....

Is this the scoop of the year, I ask myself? :rolleyes:

Franck is God
23-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I was pretty sure that CC said when Adams was appointed that he didn't want a best pal, he wanted someone with an opinion and management ability themselves.

BEEJ
23-04-2011, 09:28 PM
It just seems to me that there's something 'temporary' in nature when an Assistant Manager refers to his Manager in the third person.

"I knew what I was getting myself in for, he knew what he was getting himself in for. It's been great. The relationship I've got with the manager has been great and the relationship he's got with me is what he's been looking for."

Would the use of 'Colin' have been deemed too impertinent on Derek's part?

Probably just my imagination. :rolleyes:

Ryan69
23-04-2011, 09:52 PM
When I read the headline about it not being difficult to axe players....I thought YES we have an assistant that has a set of balls. I thought maybe he was going to say well the majority have been absolutely shocking and stealing wages they should be jailed...but then I remembered that we live in the day and age where the slightest breath of wind can kill a professional footballer.

crewetollhibee
23-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Of course it's natural for an assistant to want to become a manager again in his own right. Wasn't that what happened not so long ago with Newcastle United's assistant manager ?

IWasThere2016
23-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Axing players cannot be difficult - most will have expected and tbh most deserved it.

I think DA is also hinting at replacing them - with succesful players - is the hard bit.

I couldn't care if DA does see his role as temporary - having ambition is an admirable quality IMO.

Everyone at Hibs should be aspiring to be at a higher level should they not?

matty_f
24-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Axing players cannot be difficult - most will have expected and tbh most deserved it.

I think DA is also hinting at replacing them - with succesful players - is the hard bit.

I couldn't care if DA does see his role as temporary - having ambition is an admirable quality IMO.

Everyone at Hibs should be aspiring to be at a higher level should they not?

:agree:

I also don't see having a change of assistant as that big a deal - look at Ferguson at Man U, I've lost count of the number of assistants he's had in his time there.

Also, if it's CC that moves on, then DA can step into the role with the minimum of disruption to the team.

Win/win situation, IMHO.