PDA

View Full Version : DeGraff.

silverhibee
22-04-2011, 10:37 AM
According to CC, DeGraff will be back at ER for pre-season and will be part of CC plans for next season with Hibs. :confused:

easty
22-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Doesn't surprise me to be honest. If we can't get anyone to take him off our hands then he'll be back.

truehibernian
22-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I knew things were ticking along far too well :boo hoo:

stubru59
22-04-2011, 10:42 AM
According to CC, DeGraff will be back at ER for pre-season and will be part of CC plans for next season with Hibs. :confused:

Lets face it, he can have only improved.

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 10:44 AM
He has a contract, so unless we can persuade someone to take him on loan (which I'd imagine we are trying to do), we have no choice - unless we agree a deal on his contract :boo hoo:

silverhibee
22-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Yep, he is injured and out till the end of the season, thats surely an improvement on him playing football. :greengrin

BEEJ
22-04-2011, 10:51 AM
He has a contract, so unless we can persuade someone to take him on loan (which I'd imagine we are trying to do), we have no choice - unless we agree a deal on his contract :boo hoo:
:agree: Exactly.

But don't hold your breath for a deal on releasing him in the summer. Seems that it's no longer club policy to do this. Hence he is being factored into CC's plans.

hibeeleicester
22-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Willing to give him a second chance under CC :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 10:54 AM
:agree: Exactly.

But don't hold your breath for a deal on releasing him in the summer. Seems that it's no longer club policy to do this. Hence he is being factored into CC's plans.

I know where you are coming from, but in this case. I think it would be best for all parties - lets face it, the guy is going to get booed as soon as he appears - unless he scores a hat-trick against the jambos :greengrin

easty
22-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I know where you are coming from, but in this case. I think it would be best for all parties - lets face it, the guy is going to get booed as soon as he appears - unless he scores a hat-trick against the jambos :greengrin

I'll not be booing him.

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 10:57 AM
I'll not be booing him.

The point I'm making is he wasn't exactly a success or popular here with everyone - hence the loan deal

J-C
22-04-2011, 10:58 AM
De Graaf 3-4 years ago was a decent player, clips from then show that to be the case, maybe all the niggling injuries he picked up and the fact that no-one in the Hibs midfield were trying a leg, meant he and a couple of others were working away like troopers and getting nowhere. As an ttacking MF, De Graaf needs players roung about him to win 50/50's and take the pressure off players like him, we now have that in Palsson ans Scott and whoever CC brings in during the summer. Maybe a proper pre season and the right players around him De Graaf can show why Yogi thought he'd be a good addition, remember he came with a good pedigree and played at a fairly high level over in Holland.

BEEJ
22-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I agree with you. Fresh start for all concerned would be best.

But unless another club comes along and offers to match his current terms at ER and pay for his re-settlement costs as well, De Graaf will be with us for another year.

The last time Hibs paid out money to players to release them early from their contracts was in September 2009. Not done it since then - one of the reasons that we have such a high number of players departing at the end of this season.

Scooter
22-04-2011, 11:29 AM
i still think he can be a starter in a hibs team

JimBHibees
22-04-2011, 11:31 AM
This is more for other teams who may be interested in him that they will have to pay a fee to get him. Cant imagine he will play again for Hibs unless noone wants him.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2011, 11:33 AM

:faf: :aok::aok:

He can't run properly, can't pass properly, can't control the ball and has zero pace.

Apart fom that he is OK.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2011, 11:40 AM
i think we can safely say that the Hibs shop will not have to stock the letter "F" next season. That's unless the rumour that Fabregas has signed a pre-contract with us.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2011, 11:51 AM

You do talk an unbelievable amount of gash on here and in person..

But..

I do agree with you on this occasion :cool2:

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Which Hibs manager agreed to the loan deal ?

Dinkydoo
22-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Look at how Miller played under Yogi compared to CC; he's gone from almsot beign booted out the door to one of our top performers since January.

Lets give him another chance, maybe with the likes of Palsson around him he'll improve........

Maybe. :greengrin

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Suppose we don't have much choice, ill give him a chance under CC but I don't have high hopes though.

Scooter
22-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Which Hibs manager agreed to the loan deal ?

your point is?

the guy struggled to adapt into scottish football and with a team full of **** players,low in confidence & fans starting to get on his back. he was on a hiding to nothing staying here. However put him back into an environment hes used to and bring him back when things have settled down, hes had a wee run of games and give him a chance in a hibs team with footballers and battlers.

IWasThere2016
22-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Doesn't surprise me to be honest. If we can't get anyone to take him off our hands then he'll be back.

:agree:

I knew things were ticking along far too well :boo hoo:

:greengrin

I'll get in before BlackpoolHibs - ONLY if the neuro-surgery to connect brain to the rest of his body has been a success! :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 01:21 PM
your point is?

the guy struggled to adapt into scottish football and with a team full of **** players,low in confidence & fans starting to get on his back. he was on a hiding to nothing staying here. However put him back into an environment hes used to and bring him back when things have settled down, hes had a wee run of games and give him a chance in a hibs team with footballers and battlers.

My question was - did CC authorise the loan ?

Scooter
22-04-2011, 01:23 PM
My question was - did CC authorise the loan ?

oh :greengrin aye

down-the-slope
22-04-2011, 01:34 PM
De Graaf 3-4 years ago was a decent player, clips from then show that to be the case, maybe all the niggling injuries he picked up and the fact that no-one in the Hibs midfield were trying a leg, meant he and a couple of others were working away like troopers and getting nowhere. As an ttacking MF, De Graaf needs players roung about him to win 50/50's and take the pressure off players like him, we now have that in Palsson ans Scott and whoever CC brings in during the summer. Maybe a proper pre season and the right players around him De Graaf can show why Yogi thought he'd be a good addition, remember he came with a good pedigree and played at a fairly high level over in Holland.

:agree: i concur...i like him and could see when he first came that in thought he was well ahead of others often making passes into space where he expected the player to be running into....only to find out that the players and technique did not / could not respond to this. He was also used as a player to defend from the front closing down defenders...but although he did this well it is not showing the best of him...he would benefit no end from a player like Sodjie holding up and creating knock downs.....

Clean slate required..but Hibs fans tend to have one rule for favorites and another for those scapegoated....No player in the first team squad before CC came deserves any credit or pass marks from this season..they all (who are still here )need to make a fresh start and gain respect what what they are now....rather than what they have been

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 01:37 PM
oh :greengrin aye

My personal view is that Hibs will be doing everything to get him away, probably on loan.

Personally, I don't think he can regain the lost ground with elements of the Hibs support - you just have to think back to posts on here, and I think elements will turn very quickly against him.

If he comes back and plays, then I really hope it is a success for all.

easty
22-04-2011, 01:49 PM
My personal view is that Hibs will be doing everything to get him away, probably on loan.

Personally, I don't think he can regain the lost ground with elements of the Hibs support - you just have to think back to posts on here, and I think elements will turn very quickly against him.

If he comes back and plays, then I really hope it is a success for all.

Nah, we're (football fans) are a fickle bunch. Say he scores in his first 3 games and we win them all 1-0, unlikely perhaps but not impossible. Opinions would change pretty quickly.

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Nah, we're (football fans) are a fickle bunch. Say he scores in his first 3 games and we win them all 1-0, unlikely perhaps but not impossible. Opinions would change pretty quickly.

Here's hoping :pray: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2011, 02:26 PM
With him and Stevenson running the midfield, we surely cant be far off winning trophies again? :rolleyes:

HibsMax
22-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Willing to give him a second chance under CC :agree:
Yeah, me too. While I'm not going to sit here and say that CC makes no mistakes I'm "willing" to let him, not the fans, manage the team. It's very doubtful that the fans know more about the players than he does, no matter what we read on these, and other, message boards. I'm sure that CC won't play DeGraff for the sake of it.

For the sake of full disclosure, I work on Van De Graaff Drive but that does no influence my feelings one way or another.

Alfred E Newman
22-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, me too. While I'm not going to sit here and say that CC makes no mistakes I'm "willing" to let him, not the fans, manage the team. It's very doubtful that the fans know more about the players than he does, no matter what we read on these, and other, message boards. I'm sure that CC won't play DeGraff for the sake of it.

For the sake of full disclosure, I work on Van De Graaff Drive but that does no influence my feelings one way or another.

As he was stupidly given a 3 year contract by Yogi, CC has no option but to take him back. Unless we can get some mug to take him of our hands we are stuck with the joker.

Matty_Jack04
22-04-2011, 05:32 PM
although the guy done himself no favours whilst with us, the rumours of yogi's half day training sessions pss poor tactical knowledge that wouldnt have helped add that to his couple of remarkable misses very early into his hibs career and you've got a player on a downer trying to hard.

Im not going to sit and say he'l be a star but i think he could contribute through a season maybe not in midfeild as we all saw his legs are either gone or going i'd be tempted to try him at RB, could buy us sometime to get in a solid player in place of hart

Speedway
22-04-2011, 05:43 PM
As he was stupidly given a 3 year contract by Yogi, CC has no option but to take him back. Unless we can get some mug to take him of our hands we are stuck with the joker.

Pretty sure it's only the two years mb.

sahib
22-04-2011, 05:55 PM
DeGraff's main problem was the ridiculous expectation levels of a great many fans due to his career stats thus far. The more cynical amongst us thought why is he coming to us?

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I agree with you. Fresh start for all concerned would be best.

But unless another club comes along and offers to match his current terms at ER and pay for his re-settlement costs as well, De Graaf will be with us for another year.

The last time Hibs paid out money to players to release them early from their contracts was in September 2009. Not done it since then - one of the reasons that we have such a high number of players departing at the end of this season.

Dont see there is anyway that can be true. The likes of Hogg, Smith etc and all others that have left the club will most likely have been paid up a portion of the remaining part of their contract.

In any event CC is hardly going to come out and say we definatly do not want him back as that is only going to significantly reduce any money we may get back for him / reduce any wage settlement another club may be willing to offer him.

BEEJ
22-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Dont see there is anyway that can be true. The likes of Hogg, Smith etc and all others that have left the club will most likely have been paid up a portion of the remaining part of their contract.

In any event CC is hardly going to come out and say we definatly do not want him back as that is only going to significantly reduce any money we may get back for him / reduce any wage settlement another club may be willing to offer him.
Those who have been proved in the past to be 'in the know' on here have stated that Hogg "tore up his contract" in January. So no money was paid to him.

I can't see why the club would have agreed to pay Smith any money to leave mid-April when his contract probably only runs to the end of May. What would be the point?

There has been a notable change of fiscal policy at the club on this front since September 2009 when the likes of Johansson, O'Brien, Keenan and Van Zanten were released early because they did not feature in Yogi's plans..

basehibby
22-04-2011, 06:21 PM

He can't run properly, can't pass properly, can't control the ball and has zero pace.

Apart fom that he is OK.

To be fair to DeGraff you are (partly) talking gash - from my experience of him his main problem was a lack of zip/pace/stamina about him - passing and controlling the ball were not a problem - in fact his passing at times was very good - problem was that his apparent lack of energy meant he was rarely on the ball and games passed him by.

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Those who have been proved in the past to be 'in the know' on here have stated that Hogg "tore up his contract" in January. So no money was paid to him.

I can't see why the club would have agreed to pay Smith any money to leave mid-April when his contract probably only runs to the end of May. What would be the point?

There has been a notable change of fiscal policy at the club on this front since September 2009 when the likes of Johansson, O'Brien, Keenan and Van Zanten were released early because they did not feature in Yogi's plans..

Perhaps neither of us can claim to be in the know, or perhaps we both are, regardless there is no way Hogg walked away without anything, even if it was only 40% of what he was due, Hibs were contractually obliged to pay him. Whilst there is no way, him or others, will get 100% of what they are due, they will get something.

In any event that works for both parties, the player gets away, the club may have an impact on cashflow, however, that would typically be accounted for in the sum paid to the player, I would think.

BEEJ
22-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Perhaps neither of us can claim to be in the know, or perhaps we both are, regardless there is no way Hogg walked away without anything, even if it was only 40% of what he was due, Hibs were contractually obliged to pay him. Whilst there is no way, him or others, will get 100% of what they are due, they will get something.

In any event that works for both parties, the player gets away, the club may have an impact on cashflow, however, that would typically be accounted for in the sum paid to the player, I would think.
Look, I'm not going to argue the point. :greengrin Believe what you want as regards Hogg. I'll go with the posters on here who have proved themselves on many occasions in the past to be correct.

If a player actually wants to pursue their career rather than spend another six months at a club not even being included in the named squad for first team fixtures, then they will rip up their contract in order to get regular football somewhere else.

That is a professional attitude and it's what Hogg has done on this occasion.

The club has ceased the practice of buying out players' contracts.

HibsMax
22-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Just because we're stuck with him doesn't mean that he has to be in CC's plans. But since we are stuck with him, so it would seem, may as well give the guy another chance to see if he can show us what talent he used to have. Even if he doesn't quite have "it", he might be of great value in training, etc.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2011, 06:57 PM
To be fair to DeGraff you are (partly) talking gash - from my experience of him his main problem was a lack of zip/pace/stamina about him - passing and controlling the ball were not a problem - in fact his passing at times was very good - problem was that his apparent lack of energy meant he was rarely on the ball and games passed him by.

Oh my goodness, I do believe that you are serious about the bit in bold.

It's me who is talking "gash" though ?!?!? :aok:

:faf::bye:

HibsMax
22-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh my goodness, I do believe that you are serious about the bit in bold.

It's me who is talking "gash" though ?!?!? :aok:

:faf::bye:

This is why I love message boards.

Some people clearly think the man has something to offer. Others, like you, clearly don't. I have no opinion because I haven't seen the guy play.

Opinions. LOL.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Some people clearly think the man has something to offer. Others, like you, clearly don't. I have no opinion because I haven't seen the guy play.

Opinions. LOL.

Yes indeed.

However if you check back on the raft of "Degraff" threads you will see that the "people who think he has something to offer" are in the vast vast minority of contributors !

Listen, I would love De Graaf to come back and prove us all wrong....however the guy is a dud (IMHO). so I can't see it happening!

Alfred E Newman
22-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Opinions. LOL.

Neither have I. I missed the Maribor game :greengrin

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Look, I'm not going to argue the point. :greengrin Believe what you want as regards Hogg. I'll go with the posters on here who have proved themselves on many occasions in the past to be correct.

If a player actually wants to pursue their career rather than spend another six months at a club not even being included in the named squad for first team fixtures, then they will rip up their contract in order to get regular football somewhere else.

That is a professional attitude and it's what Hogg has done on this occasion.

The club has ceased the practice of buying out players' contracts.

No worries, I will very, very happily agree to disagree.

The_Horde
23-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Eddie will score the winner at Tynie. And have a cracking season.

Removed
23-04-2011, 12:35 AM
;2785633']Eddie will score the winner at Tynie. And have a cracking season.

I think you and Falkirk Hibee need to have a wee chat about making posts you might regret :wink:

The_Horde
23-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Regardless, if he stays, i'm getting Eddieeeee on the back of my top.

Removed
23-04-2011, 12:42 AM
;2785635']Regardless, if he stays, i'm getting Eddieeeee on the back of my top.

Post back later today when you've sobered up :greengrin

The_Horde
23-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm sober, genuinely believe he will come good. Was brilliant at castle greyskull.

HibeeSince85
23-04-2011, 12:59 AM
;2785638']I'm sober, genuinely believe he will come good. Was brilliant at castle greyskull.

I'm pished and I'm undecided, looks average but might come good.

Faith in the gaffer so see how it goes, GGTTH!!!

Ed De Gramo
23-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Well said Scooter

Apart fom that he is OK.

Yawn, he was brilliant in the game at Ibrox and he also played very well against Motherwell a few days later (IIRC, he got a bad injury in that game).

He's going to get another chance under CC and will hopefully get a chance to work with better players.

Always maintained that if he's played in the right position, he'll play well :agree:

HibsMax
23-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes indeed.

However if you check back on the raft of "Degraff" threads you will see that the "people who think he has something to offer" are in the vast vast minority of contributors !

Listen, I would love De Graaf to come back and prove us all wrong....however the guy is a dud (IMHO). so I can't see it happening!

Sure, I understand that but my thinking is that with different players around him he might play better - that has been evident with other players (so I am hearing). Everyone deserves a second chance. :)

Sodje_18
23-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Look how crap Miller was until we got new midfielders in like Scott and Palsson, now he's one of our best players imo. I think De Graaf at least deserves a pre season to show what he can do :agree:

SneakersO'Toole
23-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Calderwood also said that nish was still in his plans and look what's happening to him at the end of the season.

He is poor player and I think Calderwood knows this. Can't see him being anywhere near the first team next year.

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Calderwood also said that nish was still in his plans and look what's happening to him at the end of the season.

He is poor player and I think Calderwood knows this. Can't see him being anywhere near the first team next year.

Managers lie, never believe a word they say.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2011, 02:50 PM
;2785633']Eddie will score the winner at Tynie. And have a cracking season.

I think you and Falkirk Hibee need to have a wee chat about making posts you might regret :wink:

If he doesn't score the winner at Tynecastle and go on to have a good season, I vote in favour of you taking on my forfeit. :agree:

KWJ
23-04-2011, 02:56 PM
His best game for us was his last in the home game against Rangers when he came on at HT. Actually thought he looked a player there.

moredun
23-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Yeah that would be a good idea:rolleyes:

moredun
23-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Apart fom that he is OK.

And yet he captained a team in a league far superior to ours for years.

So obviously he is garbage and it has nowt to do with Yogi, the garbage around him, new league and way of playing the game, settling in a new country with a team that could not pass water, not to mention his own fans booing him to death, can't figure out why it never worked out for him:hmmm:

moredun
23-04-2011, 03:14 PM
your point is?

Good post, i cant beleive how the fans got on his back so quickly, a couple of bad
misses or not, it was ridiculous

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 05:11 PM

So obviously he is garbage and it has nowt to do with Yogi, the garbage around him, new league and way of playing the game, settling in a new country with a team that could not pass water, not to mention his own fans booing him to death, can't figure out why it never worked out for him:hmmm:

I don't care what he did in the past, I am judging him on what he has done (or not done) for us.

His first touch is murder, he is very slow, his passing is shocking.

If you lack the basics it doesn't matter what position you are played in.

He won't turn it round, he is a dud unfortunately. That'll teach Hughes for signing him without seeing him in the flesh.

Finally, the fact that he is one of our highest paid players and was our headline signing sums up why our season has been so bad and we are in the bottom 6.

Why do you think CC got rid of him ?!?!?

Carry on with your "head in the sand" approach if you want. :aok:

:ostrich:

Andy74
23-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I like him. Then again I'm still waiting for O'brien to kick on as well.

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I like him. Then again I'm still waiting for O'brien to kick on as well.

:tee hee:

In all seriousness, at least O'Brien offered something to the team (pace). Honestly, De Graaf is simply hopeless.

flash
23-04-2011, 05:21 PM

In all seriousness, at least O'Brien offered something to the team (pace). Honestly, De Graaf is simply hopeless.

Give me De Graaf ahead of O'Brien any day of the week. He didn't hide when he was having a mare unlike the other one who has a heart the size of a pea.

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Give me De Graaf ahead of O'Brien any day of the week. He didn't hide when he was having a mare unlike the other one who has a heart the size of a pea.

Don't disagree with your "heart the size of a pea" statement re O'Brien. :agree:

However, the fact we are splitting hairs between O'Brien and De Graaf sums up how bad De Graaf is.

De Graaf won't come good and unfortunately we are stuck with him. :boo hoo:

ballengeich
23-04-2011, 06:57 PM

I think he used to be a good player, but has had injuries. The problem was that he was signed on what he'd been 5 years ago rather than what he is now. Yogi made the same mistake with Hart and Duffy. If De Graaf was still at his best he wouldn't have been looking at a move to Scotland.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2011, 07:09 PM
I rated him before he went onloan, give him another go. :offski:

moredun
23-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't care what he did in the past, I am judging him on what he has done (or not done) for us.

His first touch is murder, he is very slow, his passing is shocking.

If you lack the basics it doesn't matter what position you are played in.

He won't turn it round, he is a dud unfortunately. That'll teach Hughes for signing him without seeing him in the flesh.

Finally, the fact that he is one of our highest paid players and was our headline signing sums up why our season has been so bad and we are in the bottom 6.

Why do you think CC got rid of him ?!?!?

Carry on with your "head in the sand" approach if you want. :aok:

:ostrich:

Head in the sand:faf:

Because i think he might have more in his locker than he showed in his short spell in a horrendous team:rolleyes:
He cannot do the basics, ok then.
So he goes from being captain of a better team than ours in a far superior league and within weeks he can't do the basics?
I know he wasn't great at ER, but i also think he could do much better, am i right, who knows, but if he comes back to the team, i will give encouragement, unlike the hordes who support Hibs, but boo our players.

Players in wrong positions, managers who don't know how to play them etc can look pretty bad, change a team and manager and hey presto.

I am not saying DG will come back and be great, i am saying i don't think he showed his true worth, you have to remember he came into a diabolical team who were all over the place.

You remember how bad Hartley was with us?

moredun
23-04-2011, 07:14 PM

:faf:
What good is pace if you simply do not want the ball any where near you.
And this will be the same O'Brien who has just been released by Swindon:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
23-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I think he still has some ability, but he couldn't run the midfield on his own and under yogis side he had no help.

I think under CC he would be played in a team that we would get the best out of him.

Some folks are too quick to criticise our players, I mean it's not like he's that colin nish felly, now him:grr::devil:

hibsbollah
23-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Not only will he go on to be a success, he will probably uproot de jong in the dutch midfield.

Speedway
23-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Managers lie, never believe a word they say.

:agree: Working hard to be shot of him.

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 08:12 PM
:agree: Working hard to be shot of him.

So I believe :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Not only will he go on to be a success, he will probably uproot de jong in the dutch midfield.

Indeed. :agree:

De Graaf is a better player than Sneider and that Van Der Vaart chap who plays for Spurs.

Don't forget, De Graaf has been captain of a Dutch team don't you know ?!? :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I think he still has some ability, but he couldn't run the midfield on his own and under yogis side he had no help.

I think under CC he would be played in a team that we would get the best out of him.

Some folks are too quick to criticise our players, I mean it's not like he's that colin nish felly, now him:grr::devil:

This will be the same CC who is trying his damdest to get rid of De Graaf ?!?!?

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Head in the sand:faf:

Because i think he might have more in his locker than he showed in his short spell in a horrendous team:rolleyes:
He cannot do the basics, ok then.
So he goes from being captain of a better team than ours in a far superior league and within weeks he can't do the basics?
I know he wasn't great at ER, but i also think he could do much better, am i right, who knows, but if he comes back to the team, i will give encouragement, unlike the hordes who support Hibs, but boo our players.

Players in wrong positions, managers who don't know how to play them etc can look pretty bad, change a team and manager and hey presto.

I am not saying DG will come back and be great, i am saying i don't think he showed his true worth, you have to remember he came into a diabolical team who were all over the place.

You remember how bad Hartley was with us?

I never mentioned booing De Graaf - I would never do that.

I salute your indefatigability, but you really are flogging a dead horse with De Graaf.

I know a player who played against De Graaf even before he joined Hibs (a few years back) and he told me he couldn't believe we signed him - he thought he was dreadful even back then. Why do you think our manager trying his best to offolad De Graaf?

As I said in an earlier post, I would love him to come good, but it aint going to happen, the guy is a dud.

In conclusion, lets just agree to disagree on De Graaf.

Franck is God
23-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I saw enough in his first few games to suggest that he could do a good job for us, his midfield play was decent and he took up some very good positions. He has a lot of experience in a good quality league and a decent scoring record too. I think his fairly high profile misses crushed his confidence and the whole team was suffering at the time. The fact that he was one of only a few players that other teams were interested in meant he left on loan.

A full preseason with a new squad and management team might bring out the player we initially signed?

moredun
23-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Indeed. :agree:

De Graaf is a better player than Sneider and that Van Der Vaart chap who plays for Spurs.

Don't forget, De Graaf has been captain of a Dutch team don't you know ?!? :aok:

Hilarious mate.

They do say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, easy to understand that with your post

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Hilarious mate.

They do say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, easy to understand that with your post

Oops, looks like I touched a bit of a raw nerve there - I am sorry.

I will not repeat your point that De Graaf has (in the past) been a captain of a Dutch Team - promise.

Notice that you ignored my direct response to your post which contained some facts and also asked you a question - why do you think CC is so keen to offload De Graaf ?

moredun
23-04-2011, 10:02 PM

I will not repeat your point that De Graaf has (in the past) been a captain of a Dutch Team - promise.

Notice that you ignored my direct response to your post which contained some facts and also asked you a question - why do you think CC is so keen to offload De Graaf ?

Maybe he doesn't rate him!!!

Doesn't alter a jot of my opinion.

I'm with CC what ever he does.

You are such a child as well, you never touched a nerve, just you were obviously trying to be witty, but failed miserabley, why would that upset me?

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe he doesn't rate him!!!

Doesn't alter a jot of my opinion.

I'm with CC what ever he does.

You are such a child as well, you never touched a nerve, just you were obviously trying to be witty, but failed miserabley, why would that upset me?

Aye, cos he knows a bit about football, like the majority of posters on all the De Graaf threads (check back and you will see) and unlike you !!! :faf:

Because I am a child I am off to bed (up later than normal coz skool is off just now and it is the weekend!) :bye:

Ryan69
23-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I have faith in him being a very important player next season.

Ive still to meet a Dutchman who doesnt rate him highly....You dont captain an eredivisie team for 5 years if your rank!

Though so far he has been absolute murder!

moredun
23-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Aye, cos he knows a bit about football, like the majority of posters on all the De Graaf threads (check back and you will see) and unlike you !!! :faf:

Because I am a child I am off to bed (up later than normal coz skool is off just now and it is the weekend!) :bye:

You are right mate, i know nowt, i will bow to your wisdom.
Have i once said he was good, i said he imo will have more in his locker than he has shown, and i believe that.
But with all your wisdom, you actually thought O'Brien brought more to the team:faf: because he had pace, and you think you know something about football:rolleyes:

I would guess if people were to have a choice, DG would be the better option, before a player who was so scared of even being on the pitch, he would actually hide behind players and was to scared to move in to space incase he got a pass.
And Pace? yeah thats all you need to play football, even though we never really seen any, unless it was to hide

moredun
23-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I have faith in him being a very important player next season.

Ive still to meet a Dutchman who doesnt rate him highly....You dont captain an eredivisie team for 5 years if your rank!

Though so far he has been absolute murder!

Why bother mate, the voice has spoken, no doubt your dutchman friends will be clueless as well.

Removed
23-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Why bother mate, the voice has spoken, no doubt your dutchman friends will be clueless as well.

I've spoken to plenty Dutchmen that I meet through my work who pissed themselves laughing when we originally signed him.

moredun
23-04-2011, 11:29 PM

Notice that you ignored my poser in response to you RE Hartley.

Hartley was Murder with us, but a great player for hearts, that can't happen with your logic. Can it? How can that be?
DG stays or goes, i don't care, i think CC knows what he is doing.
If not i am sure he will phone you

Opinions are like ********s eh

moredun
23-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I've spoken to plenty Dutchmen that I meet through my work who pissed themselves laughing when we originally signed him.

And there we have it, difference of opinions eh, would never have thought that would happen in football
After all, that is what this forum is all about, a bit debating and that:wink:
Unless you know it all and just tell people they are wrong :rolleyes:

Removed
23-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Unless you know it all and just tell people they are wrong :rolleyes:

:confused: who is that aimed at?

moredun
23-04-2011, 11:53 PM
:confused: who is that aimed at?

Sorry mate, it wasn't aimed at yourself.

The Voice Of Reason
24-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Hartley was Murder with us, but a great player for hearts, that can't happen with your logic. Can it? How can that be?
DG stays or goes, i don't care, i think CC knows what he is doing.
If not i am sure he will phone you

Opinions are like ********s eh

Hartley was nowhere near as gash as De Graaf has been.......granted though, Hartley did not captain a Dutch team, unlike "the Dutch Wizard" :agree:

hibsbollah
24-04-2011, 08:40 AM

who's this 'R.E' Hartley? Youre confusing him with the great J.R Hartley, the fly fisherman.

moredun
24-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Hartley was nowhere near as gash as De Graaf has been.......granted though, Hartley did not captain a Dutch team, unlike "the Dutch Wizard" :agree:

You should be a comedian, seeing as already your are a ****** clown

moredun
24-04-2011, 09:46 AM
who's this 'R.E' Hartley? Youre confusing him with the great J.R Hartley, the fly fisherman.

Maybe, as the voice would be the the maggot on the line

moredun
24-04-2011, 09:48 AM

But you are saying O'Brien was better:faf:

Sums you up for what you are.:idiot:

moredun
24-04-2011, 10:15 AM

I have nothing to lose here, i said i think DG might have more in his locker than he showed, you on the other hand says he cannot even do the basics, but then states O'Brien brought us something, so you obviously know zilch, as you keep bringing the same "hilarious" line out, you are obviously literally challenged.

I wonder how many would have O'Brien or DG back

Anyone for a poll?

I would put money on DG before O'Brien, Even some cash for charity?
or like the little boy you are, you would have to ask mummy for your pocket money first.
Or maybe you could grow up and put your money where your incredibly large gob is.
Your call kiddy

moredun
24-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Now i am away to the game, feel free to meet up and talk like a man if you want

crewetollhibee
24-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Any constructive comments you have made on this thread (and there were a few tbf) went right out the window with that post.

The Voice Of Reason
24-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Oh Dear. :take that:tee hee:

Calm down son. Lets agree to disagree.

Littlest Hobo
24-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Can't be arsed reading the whole thread so this might already have been said but regards DeGraff, I think if he is to come back to us then he needs to be played in a different position. One that doesn't involve running from box to box.
Played just in front of the back four I reckon he could do a job.:agree:

hibsbollah
24-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Id rather have de graaf than maurice edu. Hes been hilarious today in the bigotfest.

ArabHibee
24-04-2011, 01:35 PM

How many times did you have to quote the same post from Voice Of Reason?
Calm down and take some deep breaths.:rolleyes:

MoscowHibs
24-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I managed to watch Excelsior v PSV on Cyprus tv and he played well, against a better team than he would face here. IF he can play anywhere near he did that night, I for one would be happy to see him back. CC has stated he was taking him back as he has had good reports about him, probably from people better qualified than any of us.I will trust CC on this methinks.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I managed to watch Excelsior v PSV on Cyprus tv and he played well, against a better team than he would face here. IF he can play anywhere near he did that night, I for one would be happy to see him back. CC has stated he was taking him back as he has had good reports about him, probably from people better qualified than any of us.I will trust CC on this methinks.

I have eaten enough steak pies to know a decent butcher.

moredun
24-04-2011, 05:01 PM
How many times did you have to quote the same post from Voice Of Reason?
Calm down and take some deep breaths.:rolleyes:
Fistly i apologise for my remark.

Probably the same time he repeated the same line over and over thinking he was a comedian.
I'm all up for debate with reasoned posters, if you don't agree with someones opinion, you cannot tell them they are wrong and your opinion is right, then tell them they know nothing about football!
Or am i missing something and we have our very own SAF on here?
I aint a sheep, i don't follow crowds, i say how i see it.
He slated me over and over then said O'Brien offered more:faf:
And I did offer him a wee charity bet, post a poll, simple.
If you had to have a player back, which of the 2 would you take
De Graaf or O'Brien
I have not been on here long so have no idea how the posters on here would go, but i am willing to go for it
loser pays £20 to a charity of .nets choice

Seeing as i know nothing about football, it is a no brainer you would think, will he take up the bet

moredun
24-04-2011, 05:08 PM

I thank you for that post my good man.

It's good someone can see something without these infamous critical hibs glasses

The Voice Of Reason
24-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Fistly i apologise for my remark.

Probably the same time he repeated the same line over and over thinking he was a comedian.
I'm all up for debate with reasoned posters, if you don't agree with someones opinion, you cannot tell them they are wrong and your opinion is right, then tell them they know nothing about football!
Or am i missing something and we have our very own SAF on here?
I aint a sheep, i don't follow crowds, i say how i see it.
He slated me over and over then said O'Brien offered more:faf:
And I did offer him a wee charity bet, post a poll, simple.
If you had to have a player back, which of the 2 would you take
De Graaf or O'Brien
I have not been on here long so have no idea how the posters on here would go, but i am willing to go for it
loser pays £20 to a charity of .nets choice

Seeing as i know nothing about football, it is a no brainer you would think, will he take up the bet

Apologies also, I didn't mean to wind you up as much as I clearly did.

Re the bet, I think that the Hibs.Net poll would come out in favour of De Graaf also. My point was that in my opinion O'Brien actually offered more than De Graaf i.e pace, as De Graaf didn't offer anything.

The fact that we are debating De Graaf vs O'Brien surely illustrates how bad De Graaf is !

As stated in an earlier post, I would love De Graaf to come back and play well, but it aint gonna happen though as he is a dud (in my opinion).

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Can't be arsed reading the whole thread so this might already have been said but regards DeGraff, I think if he is to come back to us then he needs to be played in a different position. One that doesn't involve running from box to box.
Played just in front of the back four I reckon he could do a job.:agree:

Probably a position that doesn`t involve being on the pitch at all would be best. Maybe selling programs, or half time pies.

Andy74
24-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I reckon de Graaf would get a game ahead of Wotherspoon right now. Not seeing it from the lad just now.

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I reckon de Graaf would get a game ahead of Wotherspoon right now. Not seeing it from the lad just now.

I would play Wotherspoons granny before de Graaf.

The Voice Of Reason
25-04-2011, 09:08 AM

Ditto. :agree:

moredun
25-04-2011, 02:05 PM

Yes, but does she have pace?

Tell her to get in touch with Alan O'Brien, do him a favour as he has just been emptied again, maybe show him how to use "pace"

The Voice Of Reason
25-04-2011, 03:45 PM

I am reliably informed that Wotherspoon's Granny is a bit short of pace - she is on a par with De Graaf on that one.

She is however great at knitting, so she has (at least) one more attribute than "The Dutch Wizard". :agree:

moredun
25-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I am reliably informed that Wotherspoon's Granny is a bit short of pace - she is on a par with De Graaf on that one.

She is however great at knitting, so she has (at least) one more attribute than "The Dutch Wizard". :agree:

:yawn:

Were you on britains got talent on Saturday by any chance

jax67
25-04-2011, 07:08 PM

absolutely gutted to hear that:confused: hope we can punt him on quickly, but i cannae see it

hibsbollah
25-04-2011, 07:33 PM
absolutely gutted to hear that:confused: hope we can punt him on quickly, but i cannae see it

It would be a damascene conversion if he did end up being a success...i just cant see any evidence that hes anything else but a has been.:rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
25-04-2011, 08:26 PM
:yawn:

Were you on britains got talent on Saturday by any chance

No.