PDA

View Full Version : Eintracht Frankfurt watching Callum Booth

Zondervan
22-04-2011, 09:36 AM
OK, here goes.

Couple of my schnitzel-munching friends were over for the Derby, and they also came back for the Hamilton game.

One of the guys is a friend of the Football director at EF, and he had stated that they were on the look-out for young up-and-coming-players. So, after the Derby, he told them how wonderful our Callum is; at the Hamilton game he then told me that they were going to send their scouts to watch him.

Generally, Callum Booth is one of our best prospects in a while, especially at LB. No doubt there will be a lot of teams sniffing about him if he continues his form into next season.
:cgwa

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 09:50 AM
OK, here goes.

Couple of my schnitzel-munching friends were over for the Derby, and they also came back for the Hamilton game.

One of the guys is a friend of the Football director at EF, and he had stated that they were on the look-out for young up-and-coming-players. So, after the Derby, he told them how wonderful our Callum is; at the Hamilton game he then told me that they were going to send their scouts to watch him.

Generally, Callum Booth is one of our best prospects in a while, especially at LB. No doubt there will be a lot of teams sniffing about him if he continues his form into next season.

Im just so glad we have him tied down on a long deal:thumbsup:just hope he keeps his form going.

whiskyhibby
22-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Not surprising, he has rightly has won a number of MOM awards this season so far, looks a future Scotland International and could play at a Far higher level IMHO

:agree::cgwa:cgwa

FromTheCapital
22-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Like most of us will say, Not suprising, Callum has been gifted with great talent.
He has been Man of the match on a few occasions in my opinion.
I do doubt he will leave though with him being Scottish and a Hibby? *confirm*
I really don't think he will go to Germany and I think CC should hold onto him!

:cgwa :flag: :cgwa :flag:

GloryGlory
22-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Like most of us will say, Not suprising, Callum has been gifted with great talent.
He has been Man of the match on a few occasions in my opinion.
I do doubt he will leave though with him being Scottish and a Hibby? *confirm*
I really don't think he will go to Germany and I think CC should hold onto him!

:cgwa :flag: :cgwa :flag:

Hmmmm, not so sure - the Bundesliga is one of the best in the world - big crowds, great stadia and atmosphere. I would think any young Scottish player with ambition would jump at the chance to play in that league. Except a certain young Mr Riordan, of course - cough! ahem! :greengrin

Green forever
22-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Not surprising, he has rightly has won a number of MOM awards this season so far, looks a future Scotland International and could play at a Far higher level IMHO

:agree::cgwa:cgwa

Think Mr Potter will have something to say about that given his hatred for all things Hibernian.

Beefster
22-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Are we celebrating the fact that we might lose one of our best prospects soon if he continues to develop?

Future17
22-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Hmmmm, not so sure - the Bundesliga is one of the best in the world - big crowds, great stadia and atmosphere. I would think any young Scottish player with ambition would jump at the chance to play in that league. Except a certain young Mr Riordan, of course - cough! ahem! :greengrin

EF might now be Bundesliga next year! :greengrin

Dinkydoo
22-04-2011, 02:48 PM
OK, here goes.

Great for Callum that he's being noticed from afar but it's not good news from our perspective.

In other words, **** your German friends!

In the nicest possible way :wink:

Wilson
22-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Are we celebrating the fact that we might lose one of our best prospects soon if he continues to develop?

Lets be honest. While it is nice to put a name to an interested club I doubt Eintracht will be the first or only ones to have taken notice of Booth. With a fair few Scottish players heading south of late I imagine there will be plenty of interested parties a bit closer to home.

It is maybe just with a bit of pride in the development of one of our own that makes us rave about his attracting interest from one of the better leagues and one not too well known for plundering our league for young Scots.

While not celebrating the prospect of losing another promising player there is a certain sense of inevitibility where Hibs are concerned.

However, I would rather have players playing well and attracting interest than have a team full of huddies.

.Sean.
22-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I genuinely wouldn't worry - As you'll know he has a very long contract, he's happy here and is in no rush to leave whatsoever.

Oh, and Germany - Do me a favour. The boy struggles with English at times, never mind him learning a foreign language :tee hee:

HibeeMcGinn1
22-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I genuinely wouldn't worry - As you'll know he has a very long contract, he's happy here and is in no rush to leave whatsoever.

Oh, and Germany - Do me a favour. The boy struggles with English at times, never mind him learning a foreign language :tee hee:

:thumbsup: :top marks

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Think Mr Potter will have something to say about that given his hatred for all things Hibernian.

Well hopefully Mr.Potter will not have a say in matters for too much longer!:wink:

hibee92
22-04-2011, 04:19 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

GloryGlory
22-04-2011, 05:17 PM
EF might now be Bundesliga next year! :greengrin

Even Bundesliga 2 is better than the EssPeeHell! :greengrin

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Even Bundesliga 2 is better than the EssPeeHell! :greengrin

Sounds a little like the story of Real Madrid watching Fletcher.

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Sounds a little like the story of Real Madrid watching Fletcher.

Tbf Madrid are a MUCH bigger team than Frankfurt, that rumour was just silly.

Alfred E Newman
22-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Its maybe a bit early but Booth will more than likely be sold at the first good offer. Unfortunatly that is the way we do business.

Tricla
22-04-2011, 08:42 PM
OK, here goes.

Watch your terminology. You might offend someone!

:tsk tsk:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Didn't Eintracht wear Hibs tops and brown shorts in their 7-3 European cup final against Real at Hampden? :nerd:

crash
22-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Didn't Eintracht wear Hibs tops and brown shorts in their 7-3 European cup final against Real at Hampden? :nerd:
No, they played in red and white.

.Sean.
22-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Its maybe a bit early but Booth will more than likely be sold at the first good offer. Unfortunatly that is the way we do business.I said before, he does not want to go anywhere, he's 19 and is in absolutely no rush to go. The club know they have a star on their hands so they won't take the first big offer. IMO we have B for the next 2, 3 seasons minimum.

JimBHibees
23-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Its maybe a bit early but Booth will more than likely be sold at the first good offer. Unfortunatly that is the way we do business.

Since when if that was the case we would have got £2m for both Thomson and Brown not the 6.5 - 7m we eventually got. No doubt there would have been bids in for Fletcher also which were less than we ended up with.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-04-2011, 08:33 AM
No, they played in red and white.

Ah!

GloryGlory
23-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Since when if that was the case we would have got £2m for both Thomson and Brown not the 6.5 - 7m we eventually got. No doubt there would have been bids in for Fletcher also which were less than we ended up with.

Celtic had a bid turned down in the January window before we eventually sold Fletch to Burnley the following summer. We got, IIRC, something like £3.5M from Burnley with the sell-on clause, and I bet Celtic never offered anything like that - more like £1M, take it or leave it. Obviously the Rodster told them to shove it (or words to that effect).

So, I don't agree that Hibs just roll over and accept the first bid that comes in for our players. I think the Board is astute enough to know the value of the players in the transfer market, as it stands at any point in time, and ia good enough at negotiation to get maximum value from any deal.

Hibs On Tour
23-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Tbf Madrid are a MUCH bigger team than Frankfurt, that rumour was just silly.

And we all know that RM weren't watching Fletch - they were far too busy sizing up Benji to bother with anyone else no? :greengrin

DH1875
23-04-2011, 02:48 PM
He's going to be off at some point so if EF stump up the cash fair do's. Just as long as he doesn't end up in Glasgow.

Beefster
23-04-2011, 07:00 PM
He's going to be off at some point so if EF stump up the cash fair do's. Just as long as he doesn't end up in Glasgow.

He may be off at some point but let's hope that we get a season or two of the lad before that. Money isn't the only way that Hibs can benefit from a good player.