PDA

View Full Version : Pace! Why haven't we got any?

Dan Sarf
21-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Who do you reckon is the fastest in our current squad? And the slowest?

And who should we go for? Quick!

Jones28
21-04-2011, 05:14 PM
fastest: danny galbraith, john rankin or ritchie towell.
Slowest: riordan, miller or nish.

I would love to see us sign someone like conway from united as a winger, rooney as a striker from inverness and eremenko from killie. The pace of the first 2 combined with the passing of eremenko. Quality

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Who do you reckon is the fastest in our current squad? And the slowest?

And who should we go for? Quick!

I'd be guessing that Danny Galbraith would be the quickest with the rest of the squad all having an equal call as being the slowest!

Juice-Terry
21-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Is it fair to say that we're the slowest side in the SPL? I think so....

Dan Sarf
21-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Is it fair to say that we're the slowest side in the SPL? I think so....

Watching them last weekend (on TV admittedly) I wondered if they had been told it's OK to run.

Is it tactics? Or can't they go any quicker?

Pace wins games. We desperately need some!

Franck is God
21-04-2011, 05:37 PM

I would love to see us sign someone like conway from united as a winger, rooney as a striker from inverness and eremenko from killie. The pace of the first 2 combined with the passing of eremenko. Quality

Galbraith is quick, as is Towell, Booth & Stephens (against Aberdeen he easily outpaced McGuire a number of times) Spoony is swift but not lightning.

The areas we need much more pace is in the wide areas and up front and I have no doubts that CC has identified this. Centre midfield is all about starting position and the reading of the game, pace isn't a huge asset in this area.

Feed McGraw
21-04-2011, 05:39 PM
It does seem at times that we don`t see much running ON to the ball, it`s all a pretty static sort of build up.

HibbyKeith
21-04-2011, 05:54 PM

The Sun newspaper today were claiming the hearts were looking to sign rooney to bolster their options up front. :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Watching them last weekend (on TV admittedly) I wondered if they had been told it's OK to run.

Is it tactics? Or can't they go any quicker?

Pace wins games. We desperately need some!

4 of us were over in Prague at the w-end and watched the game on tv, none of us could believe how slow we looked.

Last Minute
21-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Don't worry Ivan may be back in the summer:not worth

degenerated
21-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't worry Ivan may be back in the summer:not worth

rather he wasn't if i'm honest, a one trick pony who was well sussed out by defenders up here. time to look forward rather than back

one day maybe...
21-04-2011, 06:07 PM
The two boys at Motherwell that play wide, think its Murphy and Humphries but may be wrong, would love those two at Hibs :agree:

moredun
21-04-2011, 06:15 PM

I would take conway, no way to Rooney and Eremenko is on 20k a week at his club

Speedway
21-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Knish is the fastest from standing to sitting. Rankin is the fastest to disappear from a game and de graaf is the fastest to slow down.

ancient hibee
22-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Some speed between the ears would be an improvement.

Geo_1875
23-04-2011, 09:14 AM
I heard somewhere that Alan O'Brien is available. Apparently, he's got tremendous pace.

mon the cabbage
23-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Fastest- Galbraith

Slowest- De graaf

moredun
23-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Some speed between the ears would be an improvement.

Exactly. speed of thought is equally or more important.

If you are 1 step ahead of everyone else upstairs, then the ball does the work for you

Austinho
23-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Galbraith is quick, as is Towell, Booth & Stephens (against Aberdeen he easily outpaced McGuire a number of times) Spoony is swift but not lightning.

The areas we need much more pace is in the wide areas and up front and I have no doubts that CC has identified this. Centre midfield is all about starting position and the reading of the game, pace isn't a huge asset in this area.

Spoke with Rod Petrie before last seasons game at Queen of the South and he said that David Stephens was faster than Galbraith when I was asking what he was like. He had a great game at centre half, always taking the ball and looking for a good forward pass or run

Keith_M
23-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure about speed but a change of pace is often lacking. Too often we seem to be attacking the opposition in a really laboured fashion, when a quick bust of speed would help. Very rarely see Hibs players put the ball past a defender then run for it.

TBF, I think CC said as much after last week's game.

Ryan91
23-04-2011, 05:46 PM
http://img22.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-4800/loc452/358019388_YUNO_122_452lo.jpg

hibsfan123
23-04-2011, 06:24 PM
isnt ivan sporule a free agent
hink we should get him in on a short term deal

marinello59
23-04-2011, 06:27 PM
isnt ivan sporule a free agent
Think we should get him in on a short term deal

Oner of my favourite Hibs players of recent times.:thumbsup:
But No

Kaiser1962
23-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I must admit I thought this as well until the Hearts game and when we broke from a corner, when Palsson missed, I thought we were surprisingly quick (or Hearts were particularly slow).