PDA

View Full Version : Francis Dickoh - no deal?

The Sea-gull
21-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I have heard that he won't be getting a deal but not seen much quoted anywhere one way or the other?

Anyone know anything on this?

easty
21-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I have heard that he won't be getting a deal but not seen much quoted anywhere one way or the other?

Heard where? On the back of a no. 26? In Greggs?

Andy74
21-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Decent player but will be on good money and maybe not as rugged as CC is looking for to be alongside Hanlon.

Seen him playing for Utrecht previously and didn't think he'd ever end up here but it's a different type of game. I think CC will know a few lower division English league players who will chuck themsleves in front of anything and everything.

Devine
21-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Decent player but will be on good money and maybe not as rugged as CC is looking for to be alongside Hanlon.

Seen him playing for Utrecht previously and didn't think he'd ever end up here but it's a different type of game. I think CC will know a few lower division English league players who will chuck themsleves in front of anything and everything.

Decent player is maybe a fair assesment but is stretching it to the limit he is far far far away from being the answer to our centre half problems cut our losses and get rid at the end of the season IMO

hibees59
21-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Decent player is maybe a fair assesment but is stretching it to the limit he is far far far away from being the answer to our centre half problems cut our losses and get rid at the end of the season IMO

I agree.

TRIALIST
21-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Francis has told the club not to count him in next season, he has not settled in Edinburgh and wants to return home.

The Sea-gull
21-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Francis has told the club not to count him in next season, he has not settled in Edinburgh and wants to return home.

Fair play.

Not gutted if he does go. We need better at CB though ne might have been ok as a squad player.

MB62
21-04-2011, 02:51 PM

excellent :thumbsup:

Never rated him.

Beefster
21-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd like to see us sign two decent CHs in the summer. Hanlon needs to know that he's not an automatic pick (and he shouldn't be).

tanfield
21-04-2011, 03:02 PM
After his attempt to stop Hasselbank for their opener on Sunday can't say I will be too displeased to see him go.

essexhibee
21-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Slower than a week in jail.

Get rid. Slow. Weak. Poor passing.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty confident there is better available elsehwhere. Not the end of the world if he goes.

Franck is God
21-04-2011, 05:31 PM

If this was true then Stephens would have kept his place on Sunday and Dickoh would have been on the bench, no point in persevering with a player would has either been told he can go or wants to go.

I hope he is offered a new deal and that he takes it, our defensive record recently has been excellent and the partnership with Hanlon has had a lot to do with that.

On Sunday he was skinned once and it led to a goal, the other was from a stupid free kick given away by Sodje and then an even worse defensive header by the same player.

nonshinyfinish
21-04-2011, 05:35 PM

Source?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2011, 07:36 PM
if he wants to stay then I would be happy enough for him to get offered a new deal but if CC doesn't rate him and knows where he can get better for the same wages, then that would be even better.

EasterRoad4Ever
21-04-2011, 07:53 PM

If he is not offered a new deal, then IMHO that is a good thing. It means CC is setting his standards higher than Dickoh :thumbsup:

J-C
22-04-2011, 11:21 AM
If he wants to go and the club agree, why was he playing last week instead of the young lad Stephens, surely with 5-6 games to and nothing really to play for, this was the perfect chance to play the two youngsters in the middle of our defense to see how they gel together. :confused:

erin go bragh
22-04-2011, 12:49 PM

we only have him on a year loan and it would cost a fee to sign him ,and his wage would be a problem as he is on fair wedge in holland .
tbh not been impressed and not hibs class .
we need a commanding,fast ch with a bit height :greengrin
ggtth

J-C
23-04-2011, 12:17 AM
we only have him on a year loan and it would cost a fee to sign him ,and his wage would be a problem as he is on fair wedge in holland .
tbh not been impressed and not hibs class .
we need a commanding,fast ch with a bit height :greengrin
ggtth

Says here he was signed

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~38750,00.html

On first team page the team is on the right and the only 2 players who are on loan are Duffy and Towell.

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Knew we'd rue the day we let the Hoggmeister go.

H18Y GW
23-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Source?

There was a thread on the bounce with letting agent connections, saying he had given up his lease, may simply be moving, but how far may be a fair question.

Judas Iscariot
23-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Knew we'd rue the day we let the Hoggmeister go.

:faf:

:top marks

Ritchie
23-04-2011, 08:03 AM
There was a thread on the bounce with letting agent connections, saying he had given up his lease, may simply be moving, but how far may be a fair question.

This is true, he has also cancelled his council tax account.

hibsbollah
23-04-2011, 08:08 AM
This is true, he has also cancelled his council tax account.

He has, however, kept his blockbuster membership and his annual zoo pass so it might not be as it seems...

aljo7-0
23-04-2011, 08:31 AM
He has, however, kept his blockbuster membership and his annual zoo pass so it might not be as it seems...
That might also explain things if/when he is spotted on the No. 26 bus.