PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Seveno
21-04-2011, 11:39 AM
According to the EEN today, he has been released.

sleeping giant
21-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow !

Bet he wasn't expecting that !

MSK
21-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Good luck to the laddie wherever he ends up ..:agree:

MrSmith
21-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Aye, good luck to the laddie.

Wasn't a player I rated as highly as his dad seemed too.

Sean1875
21-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Real shame it didn't work out for him, thought we had an absolute belter of a player after his final season in the u19's. All the best to him!

Albion Hibs
21-04-2011, 11:51 AM
This has come as no real suprise.

I wish the guy all the best for picking up a new club, which I am sure he will. Hopefully his loan spell has shown that he is more than capable in the lower leagues, realistically at least playing at the top end of them.

Franck is God
21-04-2011, 11:54 AM
its a big step from under 19's and not many players do it easily if at all.

when I saw him play I was impressed with his finishing and the positions that he took up but he wasn't blessed with blistering pace or the strength to make up for it.

Hopefully he'll get a chance at a lower level and can be a late developer.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2011, 11:54 AM
No doubt he will get his move to Celtc now that has old man was on about. I have seen him play now and again while he was out on loan and I didn't see anything to get het up about. Think a lot of posters though it was going to be a carbon copy of when Kenny Miller went to Stenhousmuir.

Andy74
21-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Always going to happen, I didn't see much in this guy. Good luck to him though.

EdinburghLivi
21-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Might have only been at 2nd Division level but I saw something in Kurtis Byrne when he played against Livi this season.

Think Hibs may have missed a trick here.

scoopyboy
21-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Might have only been at 2nd Division level but I saw something in Kurtis Byrne when he played against Livi this season.

What was it you saw in him?

.Sean.
21-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't reckon he'll be missed too much. He'll end up at a side like QOTS IMO.

matty_f
21-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Gutted for him, he's a cracking lad but I think it's the right thing - he didn't quite make the impact at first team level that he'd have hoped. Good luck to him, though.

BEEJ
21-04-2011, 01:59 PM
According to the EEN today, he has been released.
It's actually mentioned in the first comment on the EEN article. Kurtis Byrne's name isn't even mentioned in the article itself.

So not an EEN declaration at this stage.

Purple & Green
21-04-2011, 02:11 PM
It's actually mentioned in the first comment on the EEN article. Kurtis Byrne's name isn't even mentioned in the article itself.

So not an EEN declaration at this stage.

The original article had the following text:

while youngsters Thomas Flynn, Ewan Moyes and Kurtis Byrne will also leave

It's since been edited for some reason, which is all a bit fishy. Or unofishy.

seven nowt
21-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Byrne Released?

Don't need him. This is Hibs, we don't take players like him (Maybe a few wee exeptions, eh Nishy? De Graaf?)

In a word - Bye.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Byrne Released?

Don't need him. This is Hibs, we don't take players like him (Maybe a few wee exeptions, eh Nishy? De Graaf?)

In a word - Bye.

A tad ungracious, no?

Stantons Angel
21-04-2011, 04:21 PM
If this is true i am gutted for Kurtis. He is an exceptionally nice young man and deserves better.

He does have the potential to come good. Never really got a chance with us.

I hope we dont live to regret this.

Good Luck Kurtis and keep smiling! xx:wink:

BEEJ
21-04-2011, 04:25 PM
The original article had the following text:

It's since been edited for some reason, which is all a bit fishy. Or unofishy.
Interesting.

I guess following publication of the article this morning the club advised EEN that Byrne was not in fact included in that list of players who had already been informed they would not be given a new contract.

mon the cabbage
21-04-2011, 04:30 PM
If this is true i am gutted for Kurtis. He is an exceptionally nice young man and deserves better.

He does have the potential to come good. Never really got a chance with us.

I hope we dont live to regret this.

Good Luck Kurtis and keep smiling! xx:wink:

Got a wee lover here! :love ya!:

Do you mean keep smiling at you?

mon the cabbage
21-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Got a wee lover here! :love ya!:

Do you mean keep smiling at you?

That was my cousin, He is a bit of an A***. Sorry mate

aberhibsfc
21-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow !

Bet he wasn't expecting that !

Neither was I.

I would have thought with the lack of front line competition for over a season he would have been brought more into things. The boy's got ability but not getting playing time has stifled his development. But he's been through two managers and neither have given him much pitch time so your led to believe it's not going to work out.

It's a shame, I wish him all the best as I do all the promising young prodigy's, the lad needs game time so I hope he gets it as it would be a shame to lose him from the game. Just a pity it didn't happen at Hibs.

down-the-slope
21-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Decent player...but he was only the 5th/6th best player in that U19 team and some of those better than him have not made the step up...so hardly a surprise...

I still have hope for Sean who was the stand out with Smith in that team

Bostonhibby
21-04-2011, 08:58 PM
If true, am disappointed, depending on who CC might sign this might mean we are living in the moment by signing guys who might score and do well for us short term with zero sell on potential , like say Sodje, but not have much of an eye on the future (?) I personally felt there was another level we might have taken Byrne to.

Jonnyboy
21-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Good luck to the laddie. At least he can say he scored the winning goal for Hibs in a Scottish Cup Final!

oconnors_strip
21-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Good luck to the laddie. At least he can say he scored the winning goal for Hibs in a Scottish Cup Final!

:agree::aok:

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2011, 12:35 AM

I was at the Livi vs East fife game and thought he was mince apart from a very well taken goal he scored.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

MountcastleHibs
22-04-2011, 01:52 AM
I wish Kurtis all the best wherever he ends up if this proves to be true.

I was never that impressed with him whenever I saw him play for the first team in the green and white, but maybe he'll rediscovered that 19s form elsewhere. Good luck anyway.

seven nowt
22-04-2011, 10:17 AM
A tad ungracious, no?

No, he's not good enough. I hope he does well and he's probably a decent guy but he's not Hibs quality.

J-C
22-04-2011, 11:02 AM
No big surprise, he didn't progress as much as folk thought after his fantastic season in the U 19's, good luck to the lad.