PDA

View Full Version : Mick McGhee Memorial

Boris
21-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Arrangements have now been made for a permanent memorial to legendary Hibs fan Mick McGhee. The money taken at his funeral collection back in September has been used to buy & install 2 suitably inscribed benches at the club's training centre outside Ormiston. The benches will be unveiled in a short ceremony at the training centre at 2pm next Friday (29th April) & Mick's ashes will then be scattered at his beloved Easter Road.

A free bus will leave the Four in Hand on Easter road at 1.15 to travel to the training centre then back to the stadium.

If any friends would like to travel on the bus it would help if you could PM me so that we can keep a check on numbers.

Rumour has it that Mick left money to buy everybody who turned up a drink. I can categorically state that this is completely untrue. He never bought a round when he was alive & he's no intention of changing that now:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greeng rin:greengrin:greengrin

MSK
21-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Arrangements have now been made for a permanent memorial to legendary Hibs fan Mick McGhee. The money taken at his funeral collection back in September has been used to buy & install 2 suitably inscribed benches at the club's training centre outside Ormiston. The benches will be unveiled in a short ceremony at the training centre at 2pm next Friday (29th April) & Mick's ashes will then be scattered at his beloved Easter Road.

A free bus will leave the Four in Hand on Easter road at 1.15 to travel to the training centre then back to the stadium.

If any friends would like to travel on the bus it would help if you could PM me so that we can keep a check on numbers.

Rumour has it that Mick left money to buy everybody who turned up a drink. I can categorically state that this is completely untrue. He never bought a round when he was alive & he's no intention of changing that now:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greeng rin:greengrin:greengrin:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Rumour has it that Mick left money to buy everybody who turned up a drink. I can categorically state that this is completely untrue. He never bought a round when he was alive & he's no intention of changing that now:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greeng rin:greengrin:greengrin

Great effort Jim.....:greengrin

grantonhibee
21-04-2011, 01:04 PM
fantastic gesture for wee mick , stayed in same street as him for years yet to see a better hibby :aok:

Stantons Angel
21-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Gutted that i cant be there to be part of this memorial.

Im in Liverpool on a Beatles Experience for my sisters birthday.

I will be thinking of you all and hoping the sunshine's on leith that DAY.

God bless you Michael. xx:flag:

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-04-2011, 06:52 PM
What a great fitting gesture for the wee man, RIP Mick, and to the poster who said he never bought a round......you are correct! :agree:

:greengrin

oconnors_strip
28-04-2011, 07:38 PM
just a reminder that this is happening

rip mick

One Day
29-04-2011, 08:07 PM
just a reminder that this is happening

rip mick

How did it go

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2011, 08:13 PM
How did it go

Very poignant. Two nice benches erected at East Mains both with plaques dedicated to Mick, then ashes scattered at famous five end.....Some closure, God bless you wee man:wink:

MSK
29-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Very poignant. Two nice benches erected at East Mains both with plaques dedicated to Mick, then ashes scattered at famous five end.....Some closure, God bless you wee man:wink::agree:..:not worth