PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rangers Reported to the SPL

Hibee87
21-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Dundee United supporters' group ArabTrust has complained to the Scottish Premier League and Tayside Police about sectarian singing by Rangers fans in their recent game at Tannadice. (The Herald, Daily Mail)

10 pound says this will be the last we hear of this.

what Utd and every other team want to do is complain to the police, spl and eufa. The the spl canny bury there heads in the stand. PLus almost every SPL team will have cameras at every home game so there is no excuse not to have video evidence to back it up. If Aberdeen, hibs, hearts etc follow utd footsteps and lodge complaints eventually YOU WOULD THINK somthing would be done............... but as i said 10 pounds this is never mentioned or heard of again.

Vini1875
21-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Trouble is the authorties seem unwilling to come out and actually say what songs they consider sectarian. When one does they make themselves appear stupid like the Police chief who declared The Boys of the Old Brigade to sectarian, which it clearly is not and any lawyer would be able to get a defendant off if they were charged with singing it. The same could be argued for the Sash and No Surrender, the songs themselves are not sectarian.

You can argue intend and you can argue offensive, but not illegal. They should be told that they cannot sing the Hello Hello or Roaming in the Gloaming etc in a list that would be a start. Although I am sure Hello Hello was clearly mentioned and banned.

All the SPL has to do is deduct points and the fans will self police, but the fans have to know what is defintely banned.

Good on the Arabs for complaining and I agree we should all follow suit.

Keith_M
21-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Trouble is the authorties seem unwilling to come out and actually say what songs they consider sectarian. When one does they make themselves appear stupid like the Police chief who declared The Boys of the Old Brigade to sectarian, which it clearly is not and any lawyer would be able to get a defendant off if they were charged with singing it. The same could be argued for the Sash and No Surrender, the songs themselves are not sectarian.

You can argue intend and you can argue offensive, but not illegal. They should be told that they cannot sing the Hello Hello or Roaming in the Gloaming etc in a list that would be a start. Although I am sure Hello Hello was clearly mentioned and banned.

All the SPL has to do is deduct points and the fans will self police, but the fans have to know what is defintely banned.

Good on the Arabs for complaining and I agree we should all follow suit.

:agree:

This is a difficult one. With certain songs (such as "Boys of the old brigade") whilst I don't want to hear that kind of stuff at ER, it's difficult to prove it illegal.

There is an argument that certain songs could be considered displaying support for proscribed terrorist groups, which is an offense. The thing is that there would be no shortage of lawyers just dying to make a name for themselves to defend somone's right to sing cr*p like that.

I fully expect the SFA/SFL/SPL to get out that 100 year old brush they've been using to brush this under the carpet once again.

p.s I took a flag the same as the one in my Avatar to Ibrox, where some D*ckwad tried to argue to the Polis that the flag was sectarian. I'm not exactly sure on what basis the flag of Saxony could be described as sectarian but there you go :greengrin

NRW_Hibbie
21-04-2011, 10:23 AM
p.s I took a flag the same as the one in my Avatar to Ibrox, where some D*ckwad tried to argue to the Polis that the flag was sectarian. I'm not exactly sure on what basis the flag of Saxony could be described as sectarian but there you go :greengrin

Huns objecting to Huns, eh?

Keith_M
21-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I thought it was funny as well.

I sometimes take the flag to games if I'm with the missus, as that's where she's from (probably sounds strange, but there you go). So, I'm married to a Hun who's a Hibs supporter.

In fact, 'Hun' is my Pet Name for her, which she finds quite sweet. Nobody tell her! :wink:

lapsedhibee
21-04-2011, 10:59 AM
In fact, 'Hun' is my Pet Name for her, which she finds quite sweet. Nobody tell her! :wink:
:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
21-04-2011, 11:10 AM

They have been for about the last five years. The anti-sectarian legislation has pretty much put "Hun" on the same level as "Fenian". I think a Celtic fan was done for sectarian aggravation in an offence for using Hun in his abusive behaviour. Pretty ridiculous really, given that Hun (I believe) is derived from "Hunnish" behaviour in the Middle Ages (ie it has naff all to do with religious / political identity).

http://www.heraldscotland.com/celtic-fan-in-court-over-t-shirt-jibe-1.896182

easty
21-04-2011, 11:27 AM
They have been for about the last five years. The anti-sectarian legislation has pretty much put "Hun" on the same level as "Fenian". I think a Celtic fan was done for sectarian aggravation in an offence for using Hun in his abusive behaviour. Pretty ridiculous really, given that Hun (I believe) is derived from "Hunnish" behaviour in the Middle Ages (ie it has naff all to do with religious / political identity).

Aye but the term Hun when used between those pair isn't derived from anything other than hate. It's what it's come to mean that matters when it's being used as abuse by a bunch of idiots.

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Dundee United supporters' group ArabTrust has complained to the Scottish Premier League and Tayside Police about sectarian singing by Rangers fans in their recent game at Tannadice. (The Herald, Daily Mail)

10 pound says this will be the last we hear of this.

what Utd and every other team want to do is complain to the police, spl and eufa. The the spl canny bury there heads in the stand. PLus almost every SPL team will have cameras at every home game so there is no excuse not to have video evidence to back it up. If Aberdeen, hibs, hearts etc follow utd footsteps and lodge complaints eventually YOU WOULD THINK somthing would be done............... but as i said 10 pounds this is never mentioned or heard of again.

I posted it elsewhere, http://www.arabtrust.co.uk/current/?502-sectarian-chanting

Members of ArabTRUST have reported that illegal sectarian chants were sung by 'fans' of Glasgow Rangers at Tannadice Park last night.
These chants were heard throughout the stadium and ArabTRUST condemns these so-called supporters who bring down their football club and tarnish the reputation of our national sport.
ArabTRUST has accordingly reported the matter to the relevant authorities.

Amongst many deplorable chants, at 9.06 pm, the following could clearly be heard in the stadium and on BBC Radio Scotland:

We are Rangers
Super Rangers
No one likes us
We don’t care
We hate Celtic
F****n b******s
We will chase them anywhere

We now challenge both the SFA and UEFA to take action. These chants have also been reported to Tayside Police and we await the outcome.

We are fully aware that many Glasgow Rangers supporters share our concerns.

It is time that both sectarianism and bigotry are ended in Scottish football, and Scottish society as a whole.
We invite all supporters' trusts to join together so that we may eradicate such vile prejudices.

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I've a feeling that the SPL are going to be very busy as the Arabs action will lead to reprisal reports such as a hun interpreting a wee sweerie word as being deeply offensive etc etc.

MB62
22-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Dundee Utd Chairman Thomson coming out in the papers today saying, somewhat apologetically, that it was NOT Dundee United Football Club who had complained about this.

I think we should be asking WHY was it NOT DUFC that complained?
Maybe the club agree with sectarianism?

Bostonhibby
22-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Aye but the term Hun when used between those pair isn't derived from anything other than hate. It's what it's come to mean that matters when it's being used as abuse by a bunch of idiots.

:agree: but we could avoid any confusion or possible accusations against us by just calling both sets of "fans" collectively C***s - no?

jdships
22-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Putting aside sectarianism for a moment ( if that is possible! )
It is a "public order offence" to swear in the street/public place when a police officer is present and is punishable by a "fixed penalty " notice .

Where does leave a group of football supporters singing "songs" in the street after a match ?

:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Perhaps more pointedly, they should have added a comment to say that they accept the fact that the SPL will not do anything about this. I heard the game on the radio and the chanting was appalling. What Rangers can't run away from, is that their odious away support were chanting versions of songs that they themselves have said are not appropriate.
Mind you, I would have joined in with the one about Andy Walker.

easty
22-04-2011, 08:47 AM
:agree: but we could avoid any confusion or possible accusations against us by just call both sets of "fans" collectively C***s - no?

:greengrin

cad
22-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Dundee Utd Chairman Thomson coming out in the papers today saying, somewhat apologetically, that it was NOT Dundee United Football Club who had complained about this.

I think we should be asking WHY was it NOT DUFC that complained?
Maybe the club agree with sectarianism?

I find that strange TBH ,hes usually a switched on sort of guy ,or does the threat of the Rangers away support boycotting Tannadice for a season or 3 have him kaaking it
A quote like that says to me sing all you want boys give me yer money .
If Michel Platini does what he says hes going to do ,Scottish football as we know it will be changing very very soon ,especially where the Old Firm are concerned ,
good for him says me .

Awfi quiet eh SFA zip ,maybe theyre waiting for Sunday to see what happens , I just heard on the radio that Ian Bain , Watty and Ian Murray have been given a chat to by the anti terrorism squad warning them etc , dont know about you, but they wouldnt , would they , not for a game of football .

easty
22-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I find that strange TBH ,hes usually a switched on sort of guy ,or does the threat of the Rangers away support boycotting Tannadice for a season or 3 have him kaaking it
A quote like that says to me sing all you want boys give me yer money .
If Michel Platini does what he says hes going to do ,Scottish football as we know it will be changing very very soon ,especially where the Old Firm are concerned ,
good for him says me .

Awfi quiet eh SFA zip ,maybe theyre waiting for Sunday to see what happens , I just heard on the radio that Ian Bain , Watty and Ian Murray have been given a chat to by the anti terrorism squad warning them etc , dont know about you, but they wouldnt , would they , not for a game of football .

Footballs governing bodies rarely do what they say they will.

grunt
22-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Mind you, I would have joined in with the one about Andy Walker.Came through loud and clear when Sky Sports News went to Walker for commentary during the game. To his credit, he was smiling about the noise in the background.

StevieC
22-04-2011, 09:34 AM
You can argue intend and you can argue offensive, but not illegal.

Depends on the rules of the Stadium. You can go to a football game at public park and do all manor of things (walk onto the pitch, drink a can of beer at the side etc.) without it being deemed illegal, but do the same thing at a football stadium and you WILL be arrested/ejected. The old "Breach of the Peace" charge will pretty much cover most things.

cad
22-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Footballs governing bodies rarely do what they say they will.

I know mate , I was giving the SFA the benefit of the doubt ,sort it out before it gets to serious :faf: but theyve had decades to get involved in sorting the bigots out , so I wouldnt hold yer breath , I was thinking more on Eck and his chums up at Holyrood , state of emergency that sort of thing .

Nailbombs sent, 100s at a vigil last night for Lennon , candles lit, christ hes no even deed yet ,do they know something we dont ,

Watty , Ian Bain ,and David Murray have been given the heads up from the Anti-terrorist squad today .
This will end in tears IMO ,and it wont go away till they do , the platform they spout there pish on is football , where would they go if they couldnt sing the songs or have a Mecca to go to every other Saturday ,would the Orange Lodges and Catholic Societies suddenly gain 300,000 new members each ,
I dont think so .
If they go the problem gos ,what the rest of the SPL have got to swallow is the lose of revenue , that they survive on .
I dare say if we grew a pair we could give them there marching orders but it would be a tall order for some clubs ,putting yourself out the box or as near as , it could be the best thing that Scottish football ever does getting shot of these pair ,maybe clubs wouldnt go to the wall cutting there cloth to suit so to speak but depending on these two and what comes with them is not the way forward if you ask me clubs will struggle short term and it will be hard, long term its the way forward for all the right reasons and if god forbid we did lose everything ,we still made the right choice , getting rid of cancer is a good thing no matter what the sacrifice is IMO
Or alternatively you let them sing their songs and carry on and then it gos from generation to generation all over again ,either that or Platini will sort them, out or the SPL will burn and die , its not a hard choice if you ask me .
Not so long ago we had a chance to put our house in order , 8 teams in our league us included shamed Scottish football ,Mad Vlad and Milne being the 2 who voted to change the set up to everyones advantage , the rest sadly took the silver
( and the songs ) ,now where have I heard that before .

MB62
22-04-2011, 10:08 AM
I know mate , I was giving the SFA the benefit of the doubt ,sort it out before it gets to serious :faf: but theyve had decades to get involved in sorting the bigots out , so I wouldnt hold yer breath , I was thinking more on Eck and his chums up at Holyrood , state of emergency that sort of thing .

Nailbombs sent, 100s at a vigil last night for Lennon , candles lit, christ hes no even deed yet ,do they know something we dont ,

Watty and Co have been warned by the Anti-terrorist squad to keep their wits about them .

This will end in tears IMO ,and it wont go away till they do , the platform they spout there pish on is football , where would they go if they couldnt sing the songs or have a Mecca to go to every other Saturday ,would the Orange Lodges and Catholic Societies suddenly gain 300,000 new members each ,
I dont think so .
If they go the problem gos ,what the rest of the SPL have got to swallow is the lose of revenue , that they survive on .
I dare say if we grew a pair we could give them there marching orders but it would be a tall order for some clubs ,putting yourself out the box or as near as , it could be the best thing that Scottish football ever does getting shot of these pair ,maybe clubs wouldnt go to the wall cutting there cloth to suit so to speak but depending on these two and what comes with them is not the way forward if you ask me clubs will struggle short term and it will be hard, long term its the way forward for all the right reasons and if god forbid we did lose everything ,we still made the right choice , getting rid of cancer is a good thing no matter what the sacrifice is IMO
Or alternatively you let them sing their songs and carry on and then it gos from generation to generation all over again ,either that or Platini will sort them, out or the SPL will burn and die , its not a hard choice if you ask me .
Not so long ago we had a chance to put our house in order , 8 teams in our league us included shamed Scottish football ,Mad Vlad and Milne being the 2 who voted to change the set up to everyones advantage , the rest sadly took the silver
( and the songs ) ,now where have I heard that before .

Whilst I agree with your sentiments and share your frustrations (by the tone of your post) could you enlighten us to what you are talking about re Mad Vlad please?

Oh, and BTW, it's GOES, not gos :wink:

cad
22-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Whilst I agree with your sentiments and share your frustrations (by the tone of your post) could you enlighten us to what you are talking about re Mad Vlad please?

Oh, and BTW, it's GOES, not gos :wink:

Spellings nevr been my strong point bud ,nae spell checker and Im goosed .
Im not 100% but I thought Vlad and Milne were the only 2 up to rattle the Old Firm into giving everybody a better deal and walking away if it didnt happen leaving it to the rest of the SPL teams to vote and back them about a year or so ago and the outcome was we kept The Uglies a fairer distribution of the spoils and possibly a league of more teams, I remember reading it I just cant remember where ,Ill have a look

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2011/01/15/spl-cash-must-be-split-fairly-before-i-ll-vote-for-league-of-10-says-hearts-chief-vladimir-romanov-86908-22850743/

cad
22-04-2011, 11:06 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/spltroubles/Vlad-League39s-profits-39should-be.6691799.jp

Its along these lines but Im sure it was earlier early 2010 or late 2009 Milne would vote reluctantly for a 10 team league, but before him and Vlad were the only 2 against just dotting the i s for the Old Firm ,and the rest well is what we have now .