PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson - 1 year deal? Miller - no deal?

GloryGlory
21-04-2011, 06:49 AM
According to the Daily Express, Hibs have offered Lewis Stevenson a one year deal. Liam Miller is in discussion about a new deal, but apparently Hibs not offereing more than he is currently getting so he is looking elsewhere.

Edit: link added
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/242043/Hibernian-revamp-in-full-flow

Mark79
21-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Think its the right length of contract for Lewis. If he doesnt establish himself in this year then best for both parties if he moves on, as for Miller i couldnt care if he stays or not. If the wages he gets are to be believed then we could spend this money more wisely elsewhere. The amount of times i have heard people saying he will come good astounds me. At 30 odds im sure he will have peaked so im not sure why he would get any better.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2011, 07:05 AM
i will be happy to see lewis get a chance to establidh himself under CC :agree:
I think hibs are doing the right thing with Miller. If he wants to sign on the same terms then fair enough but he hasnt mertited a wage rise for what ever he is on.

Dibben
21-04-2011, 07:13 AM
If he wants to sign on the same terms then fair enough but he hasnt mertited a wage rise for what ever he is on.

:agree:

Hasn't performed consistently enough to merit a payrise!

Hope he stays though!

Beefster
21-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm not fussed about Miller. If he stays, fine. If he goes, fine.

I wouldn't offer Stevenson another contract though. He's a squad-filler. Nothing more.

The Harp
21-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Good for Stevenson but I'd be a lot more concerned if we lost Liam Milller.
IMHO Miller's performances have improved significantly lately and he looks a lot more committed. Here's hoping we can reach an agreement with him, we need to keep quality players at the Club.

Steve20
21-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Good for Stevenson but I'd be a lot more concerned if we lost Liam Milller.
IMHO Miller's performances have improved significantly lately and he looks a lot more committed. Here's hoping we can reach an agreement with him, we need to keep quality players at the Club.

Miller's performances have only improved slightly and even then, he has hardly been anything great. Maybe playing that little bit more looking for a contract somewhere. Get rid of him.

I keep hearing he is a quality player, but he's not really. Quality players don't just turn up once every couple of months or when their contracts are nearly up.

Jim44
21-04-2011, 07:21 AM
The Jambos will be offering him more than we will, so he has a big decision to make. I'd like him to stay but if he goes, stuff him.

Beefster
21-04-2011, 07:23 AM
The Jambos will be offering him more than we will, so he has a big decision to make. I'd like him to stay but if he goes, stuff him.

Are Hearts even interested?

James70
21-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Are Hearts even interested?

They would sign him just for the sake of putting one over us then put him in their reserves to keep Barr company.

Never forget, they are the big team! :wink:

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 07:34 AM
According to the Daily Express, Hibs have offered Lewis Stevenson a one year deal. Liam Miller is in discussion about a new deal, but apparently Hibs not offereing more than he is currently getting so he is looking elsewhere.

Edit: link added
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/242043/Hibernian-revamp-in-full-flow

If true, then this is another example of the Management team making a correct and sensible decision.

Although I'm another one who wouldn't lose any sleep if Miller decides his future is elsewhere.

The Harp
21-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Miller's performances have only improved slightly and even then, he has hardly been anything great. Maybe playing that little bit more looking for a contract somewhere. Get rid of him.

I keep hearing he is a quality player, but he's not really. Quality players don't just turn up once every couple of months or when their contracts are nearly up.

All about opinions eh - I don't agree wi' yours at all. :wink:
I think the players CC has brought in have led to the improvement in Mliier's form, not the fact that his contract's running out.

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I think the players CC has brought in have led to the improvement in Mliier's form, not the fact that his contract's running out.

Miller was at his best when he first signed for us and he wasn't exactly surrounded by midfield maestros at that time.

He's failed to produce a sustained run of form at any of his previous clubs so there must be a question mark about his desire and application.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Given that Miller must be a millionaire or at least close to it, I wouldn't have thought that money would have been at the top of his list. But if he wants more than we are offering, then he should move to a club that will give him it. I would have thought that he would have had his fill of big wages and reserve football though.

hibsbollah
21-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Delighted for Lewis, hope he continues his recent improvement in performances.

aberhibsfc
21-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Hasn't performed consistently enough to merit a payrise!

Hope he stays though!

easty
21-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Millers a better player to have than Stevenson. If we keep Miller he'll play next season, if we keep Stevenson he'll get the odd sub appearance every now and then.

Granted you've got to look at the finances as well, but on a purely footballing level I'd much rather we kept Liam Miller.

aberhibsfc
21-04-2011, 08:26 AM

heretoday
21-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Offload both of them and a few more if possible. I can't see that squad doing much next year.

Hibs must spend money on some experienced professionals.

Jones28
21-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Offload both of them and a few more if possible. I can't see that squad doing much next year.

Hibs must spend money on some experienced professionals.
You dont really get much more if an experianced proffessional than liam miller surely?

Stevie Reid
21-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Even being offered the same money is more than Miller deserves, but I appreciate that offering him less is tantamount to CC telling him he wants him to go. He's played pretty well in recent weeks but wouldn't be too bothered if he was to go. His best performances recently have been at home against 10 man Hearts and a Hamilton team holding onto a two goal lead - games where he had time and space to pick a pass, and which were not typical SPL matches.

Stevenson's performances recently, allied with his ability to fill a few positions, means the offer of a one year deal is appropriate IMO. He is a very useful sub and has positively affected games when he's come off the bench recently.

easty
21-04-2011, 09:07 AM
You dont really get much more if an experianced proffessional than liam miller surely?

Platini? I don't think he's got a club just now either so he'd be free.

RIP
21-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Given that both are midfielders the amount of goals they score (penalties apart) are a joke IMO

Midfielders are meant to penetrate the defence and give the strikers loads of quality supply

I rest my case

500miles
21-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I'd like to see Stevenson given a chance at the expense of Miller. Liam has more moments of magic, but his softness puts a lot of pressure on the likes of Palsson, who I think has been somewhat stifled in his attacking play to protect Miller.

The midfield is all about balance, and we are currently in a good position to find that.

easty
21-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd like to see Stevenson given a chance at the expense of Miller. Liam has more moments of magic, but his softness puts a lot of pressure on the likes of Palsson, who I think has been somewhat stifled in his attacking play to protect Miller.

The midfield is all about balance, and we are currently in a good position to find that.

Regardless of Miller staying or going I wouldn't be happy with Stevenson taking his place in the side. If Miller goes we have to bring in someone new, Lewis Stevenson is not good enough to be a regular in our midfield.

Shrekko
21-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Regardless of Miller staying or going I wouldn't be happy with Stevenson taking his place in the side. If Miller goes we have to bring in someone new, Lewis Stevenson is not good enough to be a regular in our midfield.

I agree he's probably not, but for those saying he's just a squad player so not worth keeping... I dont get it. We need 'squad players' so why not Lewis- a model pro, who knows the club inside out as opposed to a journeyman from elsewhere?

Craig_in_Prague
21-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Not disapointed Lewis is getting a 1 year deal, but anymore I'd question it.
He doesn't bring an awful lot to the table, although I assume his ability to fill in at LB, LM and even CM means CC see's him as a decent enough squad player. Can't really argue too much with that I suppose.

I'd like to see Miller sign and stay. I generally think fans expect too much of him. I like him a lot and his ball retention is great and he works pretty hard for the team too. Would really like him to stay and keep playing for the hibees under our new team.

happiehibbie
21-04-2011, 10:58 AM
no no no please do not offer lewis a contact he has had his chance for me too small all one footed and never seems to find a pass . can not fault his comitment but no good enough for hibs.

Liam Millar he is a player worth a contract he came to us to set himself up with a bigger move but he was surrounded by mediochre footballers and i think he gave up trying much better with the big lads around him

easty
21-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Not disapointed Lewis is getting a 1 year deal, but anymore I'd question it.
He doesn't bring an awful lot to the table, although I assume his ability to fill in at LB, LM and even CM means CC see's him as a decent enough squad player. Can't really argue too much with that I suppose.

I'd like to see Miller sign and stay. I generally think fans expect too much of him. I like him a lot and his ball retention is great and he works pretty hard for the team too. Would really like him to stay and keep playing for the hibees under our new team.

I'd question why we're handing out a new contract to a player not good enough for our first team. I think if any player isn't good enough and is out of contract then we should be concentrating on getting rid, and bringing in someone who's better. Just seems straightforward to me.

Stevie Reid
21-04-2011, 11:10 AM
no no no please do not offer lewis a contact he has had his chance for me too small all one footed and never seems to find a pass . can not fault his comitment but no good enough for hibs.

Liam Millar he is a player worth a contract he came to us to set himself up with a bigger move but he was surrounded by mediochre footballers and i think he gave up trying much better with the big lads around him

Such an admirable quality in a footballer right enough :rolleyes:

Beefster
21-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I agree he's probably not, but for those saying he's just a squad player so not worth keeping... I dont get it. We need 'squad players' so why not Lewis- a model pro, who knows the club inside out as opposed to a journeyman from elsewhere?

I think that we can get better squad players than someone with no hope of forcing his way into the first team permanently. Squad players should be capable of challenging for a first team place.

Franck is God
21-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd be happy to see both Miller and Stevenson at ER next year, along with Thornhill, Palsson & Scott it gives us a bit of strength in depth and competition for places in centre mid.

He has Spoony and Galbraith for a bit of width and I think will be looking for another player with a bit of pace and creativity that can supplement the two of them.

He does need strikers though, we don't score nearly enough goals for the number of chances created so a finisher I hope will be at the top of his list.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I would release Stevenson. He is now 23 years old and, apart from a run under Collins and Paatelainen, he hasn't exactly established himself as a first team regular at Hibs since he made his debut about five years ago.

I'm totally neutral to whether Miller should stay or go. I'm happy with whatever the club decides with him.

Beefster
21-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I think a lot of folk are underestimating the level of improvement we need to make to get back to challenging for Europe.

I've heard various arguments made to keep Dickoh, Miller, Stevenson, Riordan, Vaz Te and more recently. Folk seem to think that by keeping most of the current first team squad but adding a couple of players then we'll be back on track. I think we'd continue to be a bottom six team.

PS I'm not saying that everyone should be binned but if Stevenson is worth keeping then it says volumes about our ambition.

Holmesdale Hibs
21-04-2011, 11:51 AM
If Miller leaves we'll struggle to replace him, if Stevenson left we wouldn't.

Based soley on contribution to the team, Miller is worth 3 or 4 of Stevenson. We should definitely try and keep him although I agree he's not worth a big pay rise.

Not bothered about Stevenson. I'd put him in the same boat as Rankin and McBride - will do a job as squad players but we should aspire for better, like Miller, in our first team.

Albion Hibs
21-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I think Stevenson is definatly worth a one year deal and hope that under that deal he gets more chance to play first team football.

I would be very disappointed if Miller left, technically he has more ability than anyone that we currently have by some distance. Fingers crossed the power that be can work something out.

Franck is God
21-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I think a lot of folk are underestimating the level of improvement we need to make to get back to challenging for Europe.

A lack of goals has cost us points all season, even at the beginning of the season while Yogi was in charge we played games where we had loads of chances and missed them. Did we not miss four penalties on the trot and all of them was while we were ahead in the game.

I also saw a stat on another thread that said Riordan has had more shots on target than any other SPL player this season, another 15-20 goals from our poor strikers this season could have been worth an extra 20 points which puts us in 4th.

scoopyboy
21-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I think Stevenson is definatly worth a one year deal and hope that under that deal he gets more chance to play first team football.

I would be very disappointed if Miller left, technically he has more ability than anyone that we currently have by some distance. Fingers crossed the power that be can work something out.

With you on Miller, not so sure about Stevenson.

At the moment he gets the odd start and more frequent appearances from the bench.

If we strengthen like we all hope over the summer then he will probably get no starts and the occasional appearance from the bench. If I'm right does this merit a 1 year deal?

I have a feeling that a year from now we could be having this thread all over again, 1 year deal, get shot of, squad player, etc, etc.

I probably wouldn't give him a 1 year deal if it was up to me, although not totally against it. What I would say though its last chance saloon for Lewis.

Dirkster23
21-04-2011, 12:11 PM

I've heard various arguments made to keep Dickoh, Miller, Stevenson, Riordan, Vaz Te and more recently. Folk seem to think that by keeping most of the current first team squad but adding a couple of players then we'll be back on track. I think we'd continue to be a bottom six team.

PS I'm not saying that everyone should be binned but if Stevenson is worth keeping then it says volumes about our ambition.

CC's already indicated he intends to have a squad of around 20 next season. Stevenson's a low cost option that can play left back, left or central midfield.

If CC wants to add some quality signings in the summer he'll need a couple of cheapish utility players in the squad.

Tyler Durden
21-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I'd be happy to see both Miller and Stevenson at ER next year, along with Thornhill, Palsson & Scott it gives us a bit of strength in depth and competition for places in centre mid.

He has Spoony and Galbraith for a bit of width and I think will be looking for another player with a bit of pace and creativity that can supplement the two of them.

He does need strikers though, we don't score nearly enough goals for the number of chances created so a finisher I hope will be at the top of his list.

If that is our midfield selection pool next season, I think we'll be hanging around 8th or 9th place again. For me the likes of Scott, Galbraith and even Spoony are squad players. We need better players to come in and command the midfield. Hopefully Pallsson and Thornhill are up to it in time, but I'd happily let Miller go.

Stevenson is a decent squad player due to his versatility and his lack of ambition to go elsewhere and become a regular will probably see him sign a 1 year deal.

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 12:20 PM
If that is our midfield selection pool next season, I think we'll be hanging around 8th or 9th place again. For me the likes of Scott, Galbraith and even Spoony are squad players. We need better players to come in and command the midfield. Hopefully Pallsson and Thornhill are up to it in time, but I'd happily let Miller go.

Stevenson is a decent squad player due to his versatility and his lack of ambition to go elsewhere and become a regular will probably see him sign a 1 year deal.

The only quality that Spoony lacks is pace but that is a common theme throughout the whole squad

Oh for a few Aaron Lennons in the team for next season!

California-Hibs
21-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Lewis Stevenson is brutal and I'll be gutted if he signs a new deal. He is not good enough, far from it! We should get rid asap. I'm very keen on Miller signing a new deal though, the club should be doing all that they can to make this happen. He's one of our to players and has had some really good performances at Hibs. Granted some poor ones too, but with decent players round him (like recently) he's a crackin player to have! C'mon Liam, sign the deal!!

GreenPJ
21-04-2011, 12:33 PM
With you on Miller, not so sure about Stevenson.

At the moment he gets the odd start and more frequent appearances from the bench.

If we strengthen like we all hope over the summer then he will probably get no starts and the occasional appearance from the bench. If I'm right does this merit a 1 year deal?

I have a feeling that a year from now we could be having this thread all over again, 1 year deal, get shot of, squad player, etc, etc.

I probably wouldn't give him a 1 year deal if it was up to me, although not totally against it. What I would say though its last chance saloon for Lewis.

Would like to keep both. As you say its Lewis's opportunity to push for a first team place and if he doesn't then he is let go after the year. I think he could replace Scott going forward and has more to his game albeit Scott was exactly the type of we need(ed) to give us some more grit in midfield. Its up to him now and hope he proves he was worth the extension.

We need Miller for some class as we don't have anyone else to play passes through midfield or defences as he can (although he needs to do it more consistently).

Personally I don't see many, if any, additions to midfield coming in as he signed 3/4 in January and that supplemented with the guys already here will probably have midfield covered, only possible addition might be a winger.

Beefster
21-04-2011, 01:25 PM
if Stevenson is worth keeping then it says volumes about our ambition.

CC's already indicated he intends to have a squad of around 20 next season. Stevenson's a low cost option that can play left back, left or central midfield.

If CC wants to add some quality signings in the summer he'll need a couple of cheapish utility players in the squad.

I still maintain we need a player who can push Booth for the left back position and not someone who can be a stand-in for a number of positions but has no chance of making any of them his own. We've got plenty of options for midfield (currently).

A small squad just makes the quality of the players we have even more important. If Stevenson hadn't come through the ranks or was being signed from St Johnstone or ICT, we'd be going daft.

jdships
21-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Lewis Stevenson is brutal and I'll be gutted if he signs a new deal. He is not good enough, far from it! We should get rid asap. I'm very keen on Miller signing a new deal though, the club should be doing all that they can to make this happen. He's one of our to players and has had some really good performances at Hibs. Granted some poor ones too, but with decent players round him (like recently) he's a crackin player to have! C'mon Liam, sign the deal!!

Once again it's down to personal opinions :greengrin:wink:
On the evidence of the past few matches for me it's Miller who is brutal .
Take Saturday for instance . He was like a "seagull" - flying about all over the place but actually achieving very little .
For me if CC thinks he is worth keeping so be it : he is the boss after all :greengrin
LS will continue to be a squad member who can cover two or three positions - long term ??????????

:flag:

RickyS
21-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I still maintain we need a player who can push Booth for the left back position and not someone who can be a stand-in for a number of positions but has no chance of making any of them his own. We've got plenty of options for midfield (currently).

A small squad just makes the quality of the players we have even more important. If Stevenson hadn't come through the ranks or was being signed from St Johnstone or ICT, we'd be going daft.

lucky
21-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Miller is s quality player. Who has struggled for form consistently but certainly worth signing.

Lewis is poor. He had failed to produce the form from the cup final. And had struggled to get into the team under nearly every manager in the last 5 years

down-the-slope
21-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Stevenson is a good squad player to have especially as we are light of options on left hand side.

Galbraith has failed to progress to any extent and we are seeing Rankin go and nothing clear about Murray...so he may end up being the only solid left sided player we have without any new signing for that area (as well as covering LB)

easty
21-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Once again it's down to personal opinions :greengrin:wink:
On the evidence of the past few matches for me it's Miller who is brutal .
Take Saturday for instance . He was like a "seagull" - flying about all over the place but actually achieving very little .
For me if CC thinks he is worth keeping so be it : he is the boss after all :greengrin
LS will continue to be a squad member who can cover two or three positions - long term ??????????

:flag:

Like a seagull? My grandad calls them sh*t hawks. That seems harsh.:greengrin

superfurryhibby
21-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Lewis Stevenson hasn't done enough to deserve a new contract. He looked good when he broke through, but that was four years ago and he has had enough chances to establish himself without taking them.

I would also get rid of Miller. He has his moments but they are too far and few to merit the kind of wages i would imagine he commands.

Dirkster23
21-04-2011, 03:55 PM

In an ideal world we'd have two strong players for every position. Unfortunately, the financial constraints that Hibs work under means this will never happen.

It's not a signing that excites me, but i can see the merits of it. As i said earlier, he'll not be taking much of the wage budget and it's handy to have a guy in the squad/on the bench that can cover a few positions. I'm sure it's this versatility that's made Hibs offer him another contract.

moredun
21-04-2011, 04:08 PM

What, by the way of getting emptied every club you have been at?

he is nowhere near as good as HE thinks he is.

AS someone pointed out, a bit of a coincidence he has been trying that bit harder, he was good when he first came, so it can't be the players that have came in that has changed him, it is HIS CONTRACT situation that has made him try a leg.

Get rid, can't stand the man, only football player i have seen back out of 70/30 in his favour, bottler in the tackle and bottler to fulfill what potential he may or may not have had.

HibbyAndy
21-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Yep, Id be delighted if Lewis signed on the dotted line for 1 more year.

The Voice Of Reason
21-04-2011, 05:04 PM
In CC I trust (he got rid of De Graaf pronto, which was the right thing to do).

However I personally think Stevenson should be released.......he is a lucky boy to be getting an extension IMHO. 1st Division player at best.

Interesting that some of the folk who are happy that Stevenson is staying are the very same ones who thought De Gaaf would come good :faf: :duck:

jdships
21-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Like a seagull? My grandad calls them sh*t hawks. That seems harsh.:greengrin

" A rose by any other name " as they say :greengrin

BS44
21-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Hibs have offered Miller a two year contract but Miller wants three years.

Golden Bear
21-04-2011, 05:43 PM

He's a lucky man to have been offered a two year contract and if he's not happy with that then he can bolt.

moredun
21-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Well i hope Hibs withdraw said offer and let him go find another club

Albion Hibs
21-04-2011, 06:07 PM

I have seen nothing from Palsson or Thornhill that would suggest they could even lace Miller's boots. Miller has had a pretty indifferent season but he is 10 times the player either of these two would seem to be / are looking like becoming.

moredun
21-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I have seen nothing from Palsson or Thornhill that would suggest they could even lace Miller's boots. Miller has had a pretty indifferent season but he is 10 times the player either of these two would seem to be / are looking like becoming.

I think Miller struggles to lace his own boots

Jim44
21-04-2011, 06:22 PM

He's a lucky man to have been offered a two year contract and if he's not happy with that then he can bolt.

Given the abysmal performance of the team this year, and the hot and cold contribution of Miller, I think the club should be calling the shots for next season and if MIller wants to hold out for an improved offer he can sing for it. I'd have no problems with him staying but if he wants to be a big time Charlie he can go, for all I care.

Albion Hibs
21-04-2011, 06:33 PM

I dont think so, but an average attempt at humour.

Given the abysmal performance of the team this year, and the hot and cold contribution of Miller, I think the club should be calling the shots for next season and if MIller wants to hold out for an improved offer he can sing for it. I'd have no problems with him staying but if he wants to be a big time Charlie he can go, for all I care.

It is the same everytime a player is linked with moving, the same lines "he can go", "he is crap anyway", "we need better" etc etc. If Miller had come out saying he wants to sign we would be praising him. Just like some morons this season booed him because of a newspaper rumour!

moredun
21-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I dont think so, but an average attempt at humour.
!

Well lets put it another way then, Miller can't play as good as HE thinks he can

Winston Ingram
21-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Delighted Lewis has been offered a new deal. I'm only disappointed it's only a year

Speedway
21-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Gazza? He's not fit to lace my drinks. - George Best

Albion Hibs
21-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Well lets put it another way then, Miller can't play as good as HE thinks he can

I think HE knows exactly how well HE can play, as do the management and the board which is why they want him to sign a new deal!

scoopyboy
22-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Delighted Lewis has been offered a new deal. I'm only disappointed it's only a year

How long would you have given him and how can you justify it?

All managers have given him his chance yet he has never been a first pick, I can't see it ever being any different.

easty
22-04-2011, 08:31 AM
How long would you have given him and how can you justify it?

All managers have given him his chance yet he has never been a first pick, I can't see it ever being any different.

But he's such a nice laddie, who always gives his all.:rolleyes:

If Stevenson does get another year then I fully expect to have the same people defending him come this time next season when he's still not close to breaking into the first team.

Beefster
22-04-2011, 09:25 AM
But he's such a nice laddie, who always gives his all.:rolleyes:

If Stevenson does get another year then I fully expect to have the same people defending him come this time next season when he's still not close to breaking into the first team.

He can also play 27 different positions.

Nish and Rankin get slaughtered despite delivering on numerous occasions, just not regularly enough. Stevenson gets backed because he played well once four years ago.

truehibernian
22-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Have to say, I like Lewis and I think a year is sufficient for him to really push himself this next season.

For me CC seems to have encouraged Lewis to get forward more, rather than what we were used to seeing under Mixu and Hughes, Lewis' football being side to side and quite rushed.

The games against Motherwell (when he came on as sub), Caley and Aberdeen recently for me saw Lewis in his best position.......getting forward and supporting and being a link between striker and left full back. He has good energy and at times can get a tackle in. Doesn't play with his back to the oppositions goal like Rankin did either (huge bug bear about Rankin for that). His versatility is quite good to have as well, being able to slot into left back if need be. These days I would not want Ian Murray or Paul Hanlon anywhere near left back.

Tyler Durden
22-04-2011, 09:51 AM
The only quality that Spoony lacks is pace but that is a common theme throughout the whole squad

Oh for a few Aaron Lennons in the team for next season!

I'd agree he has ability but he's failed to perform consistently in a poor league. He's now 21, how long do we wait for him to have an impact? I think he's a right back as he just doesnt offer enough in midfield.

Think we have to expect more from our midfield if we're looking to challenge in the top 6.

Tyler Durden
22-04-2011, 09:53 AM

As usual I completely disagree with you.

Palsson hasn't shown anything to suggest he could lace Miller's boots. Ok.

J-C
22-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Stevenson seems to play when there's a manager that he works well with, JC and now CC.......Yogi and Mixu he went backwards, so maybe another year under CC might get him back to the cup winning performances.

Miller is talented but for someone with his talent he should be at a higher level, whether it's his attitude or lifestyle, we don't know but he doea seem to play better when there are players around him taking the pressure off him. if he goes, well so long, there are plenty players of his quality floating around the lower ECL and league 1.

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 12:28 PM
As usual I completely disagree with you.

Palsson hasn't shown anything to suggest he could lace Miller's boots. Ok.

Do you mean "could not lace Millers boots" - otherwise you are agreeing with me? I will ignore the okay.

I remember Palssons first game at Dundee Utd, he was average at best, I remember one challange at Easter Road that got the crowd going and his miss against hearts, other than that he has done nothing. Against Aberdeen he was poor, and last week he got the hook at half time - nothing to suggest he is making any impact or progress, in fact the opposite.

As he is a hibs player I do of course hope he proves me totally wrong, but as I said the other day, I fear some of our new signings - thornhill, scott, and Palsson are likely to be shown for what they are - very average.

FromTheCapital
22-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I've heard that Hearts have been intrested in Liam Miller,
But I do believe he is currently enjoying himself at Easter Road,
Also with Hearts being in Europe it might tempt him a little,
I really hope he stays at ER and I think he will...

easty
22-04-2011, 01:30 PM

That's a nice wee poem.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Do you mean "could not lace Millers boots" - otherwise you are agreeing with me? I will ignore the okay.

I remember Palssons first game at Dundee Utd, he was average at best, I remember one challange at Easter Road that got the crowd going and his miss against hearts, other than that he has done nothing. Against Aberdeen he was poor, and last week he got the hook at half time - nothing to suggest he is making any impact or progress, in fact the opposite.

As he is a hibs player I do of course hope he proves me totally wrong, but as I said the other day, I fear some of our new signings - thornhill, scott, and Palsson are likely to be shown for what they are - very average.

This from the man who thinks Ian Murray is the new Messi???????????????????????

Stevenson is not good enough and was not good enough to break into a very poor Hibs team over the last few seasons. When he comes on he weakens the side imo. We need better.

Beefster
22-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Aye, it was a rumour started by posters on here that was comprehensively trashed as utter pish in due course. Only after we booed one of our own though.

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 04:20 PM
That's a nice wee poem.

:greengrin

RickyS
22-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Stevenson is not good enough and was not good enough to break into a very poor Hibs team over the last few seasons. When he comes on he weakens the side imo. We need better.

Agree with that, we have had some very average players (a few told they are leaving) keeping him out the team for years. time for him to leave and get first team football at a lower level.

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 05:30 PM

I know for a fact I have never said that, yet if you need to use lies to prove.....well nothing as usual.

Murray IMO is a far more valuable player to Hibs, than these guys, proven and has achieved more than plenty for Hibs, and in this league.

However, I do know you suffer from the .net mentality which is often much like a smalll child, obsessed with getting something new, then getting bored with it after 5 mins and wanting something else new - the same mentality adopted on here by many with regards to players and managers i.e. he is brilliant....10 mins later....no actually I want another manager / player.

jdships
22-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I know for a fact I have never said that, yet if you need to use lies to prove.....well nothing as usual.

Murray IMO is a far more valuable player to Hibs, than these guys, proven and has achieved more than plenty for Hibs, and in this league.

However, I do know you suffer from the .net mentality which is often much like a smalll child, obsessed with getting something new, then getting bored with it after 5 mins and wanting something else new - the same mentality adopted on here by many with regards to players and managers i.e. he is brilliant....10 mins later....no actually I want another manager / player.

This has become really interesting which I hope is not going to be spoiled by turning it into another "I'm a better supporter than you " thread .
Let's stick to opinions - that's what forums are about

:greengrin:wink:

eastmainsmsh
22-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Lewis is a cracking wee player just needs to find his feet again with all the manager changes done him no favours ...feel he will grasp this chance and we will see best of him :flag:

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 08:00 PM

Pish. Murray is past it, and just because he was previously a good player doesn't mean he is now, we need younger sharper players than him.

On the subject of miller and Stevenson, Im not bothered either way about miller, but think we should release Stevenson, not good enough imo.

Albion Hibs
22-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Pish. Murray is past it, and just because he was previously a good player doesn't mean he is now, we need younger sharper players than him.

On the subject of miller and Stevenson, Im not bothered either way about miller, but think we should release Stevenson, not good enough imo.

"Past it" sorry I did not realise, I will take your expert opinion, gleened from the .net school of Sporting Science and Football Excellence. Murray will prove I believe over the course of next season that he is a far more important player than many of the new signings. In any event I do believe you have proved my "I want a new one theory". Thanks.

This has become really interesting which I hope is not going to be spoiled by turning it into another "I'm a better supporter than you " thread .
Let's stick to opinions - that's what forums are about

:greengrin:wink:

Agreed. I think you will find the above is my opinion.

R'Albin
22-04-2011, 09:40 PM
"Past it" sorry I did not realise, I will take your expert opinion, gleened from the .net school of Sporting Science and Football Excellence. Murray will prove I believe over the course of next season that he is a far more important player than many of the new signings. In any event I do believe you have proved my "I want a new one theory". Thanks.

How have I proved it right ? The reason I want new players (as do most fans) is because a lot of our current squad are pish, plus when we signed new players we have played a hell of a lot better, so your theory is wrong.

I also disagree about murray, I think he is past it, but thats just my opinion.

soupy
23-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Personally I would have Murray at hibs next season, whether he would be first choice I don't know, but if you have a squad of say twenty, he would be an important guy to have around..........only my opinion tho.........

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Of course you have never said Murray was the new Messi, i mean that would be as ridiculous as someone saying Murray is a more valuable player than Scott Thornhill and Palsson. :faf:
:faf:

You really are clutching at straws with the last paragraph, i am castigated here often for sticking up for Hughes as one of his last fans, yet according to you i want new players and managers after 5 minutes? The same could be said of Miller and Dickoh and Stack.

Perhaps i just want progress, and see that progress with better players than the dross you want kept on and on and on and on and on and on and on

smurf
23-04-2011, 10:53 AM
If Lewis is being offered a new deal it would be nice to actually see him selected and playing from now until the end of the season.

And I actually believe this is what should happen before he's offered any new deal.

H18Y GW
23-04-2011, 11:00 AM
If Lewis is being offered a new deal it would be nice to actually see him selected and playing from now until the end of the season.

And I actually believe this is what should happen before he's offered any new deal.

Get back to the bounce,someones giving Deek a hard time and Dudge and Darren need handers:na na:

seamus88
23-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Given that both are midfielders the amount of goals they score (penalties apart) are a joke IMO

Midfielders are meant to penetrate the defence and give the strikers loads of quality supply

I rest my case
What about Kevin Thomson's 3??? And we sold him for 2 million. Scott Brown didn't exactly fill the goal scoring charts when he was moved to midfield and he went for 4 million. Clearly goals aren't everything when it came to midfielders :confused:

smurf
23-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Get back to the bounce,someones giving Deek a hard time and Dudge and Darren need handers:na na:

Bloody depressing!

moredun
23-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I think HE knows exactly how well HE can play, as do the management and the board which is why they want him to sign a new deal!

So you think he has dragged us through this turgid season with his sublime skill and commitment then?

Me, i think he hid like a wee schoolboy, regardless of what talent he may have, he is a coward

sesoim
23-04-2011, 11:01 PM

I'd rather give his place (and his wages) to a youngster who could still improve. Stevenson has stood still for four years - he was mediocrity personified then and he still is now.