PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Pricing for Champions League Final

mim
20-04-2011, 08:11 PM
What are your thoughts on the pricing structure for the final of the Champions League at Wembley?

The people's game. Aye, right!! (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/04/20/SOCCER_Champions_League_Nightlead.html&BID=165)

Hibs Class
20-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Scandalous, as is Platini's attempt at an apology for something he could have avoided in the first place.

HibsMax
20-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Slightly off-topic but Admin Fees really piss me off. They just kinda snuck up on everyone over the years.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2011, 08:31 PM
The prices are absolutely disgusting.

UEFA should be ashamed of themselves.

Sylar
20-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Out of interest, how many of the tickets are allocated for corporate or "executive" use?

It sums up everything which is wrong with football - money talks.

Speedy
20-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Slightly off-topic but Admin Fees really piss me off. They just kinda snuck up on everyone over the years.

Aye, and what makes it worse is that the administration that they have now is cheaper than traditional methods.

magpie1892
20-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Out of interest, how many of the tickets are allocated for corporate or "executive" use?

You'll probably be dismayed to learn that it's well over 30,000

Sylar
20-04-2011, 08:40 PM
You'll probably be dismayed to learn that it's well over 30,000

Sadly, it doesn't come as a surprise - I was pretty sure someone had told me that the fans of the 2 final teams were only being allocated 25,000 tickets each.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2011, 08:40 PM
The prices are absolutely disgusting.

UEFA should be ashamed of themselves.

How much did you pay for your ticket? :greengrin

magpie1892
20-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Sadly, it doesn't come as a surprise - I was pretty sure someone had told me that the fans of the 2 final teams were only being allocated 25,000 tickets each.

Yep, that's right. Add the 10,000 public sale and you're left with 36,000. A few thousand of these go to other clubs and associations, and the rest...

I'll get in for nothing but while the price of the tickets and their mode of distribution is pretty bad form, the most offensive thing is a £26 'admin fee' charge. That's hugely insulting.

Sylar
20-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Yep, that's right. Add the 10,000 public sale and you're left with 36,000. A few thousand of these go to other clubs and associations, and the rest...

I'll get in for nothing but while the price of the tickets and their mode of distribution is pretty bad form, the most offensive thing is a £26 'admin fee' charge. That's hugely insulting.

Need an assistant for the day? :greengrin

When you add in the fact that flights and hotel prices will be hiked up at an exponential rate, the average football fan just can't afford to attend these games anymore.

Killiehibbie
20-04-2011, 08:48 PM
The people should tell them to ram it and stay away. Easy enough for me to say as I don't really care who is in it.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Anything that goes on at Wembley - irrespective of who shelled out to build the place - involves screwing as high a price as the organiser can get out of the corporate market first then the fans next. Usually with a bit more on top where Uefa are involved to allow the mafia there to "wet their beaks".

For an example of how its really done look at London's olympics - various interest groups arguing in advance about who gets the money before they know for sure there will be a profit or a tickets sold.

Removed
20-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Anything that goes on at Wembley - irrespective of who shelled out to build the place - involves screwing as high a price as the organiser can get out of the corporate market first then the fans next. Usually with a bit more on top where Uefa are involved to allow the mafia there to "wet their beaks".

For an example of how its really done look at London's olympics - various interest groups arguing in advance about who gets the money before they know for sure there will be a profit or a tickets sold.

:agree: One of my mates from work bought 6 tickets for the Stoke v Bolton semi. Don't think he had much change from £900 :crazy:

.Sean.
20-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Ludicrous. Those involved in the pricing structure should take a long hard look at themselves. 50,000 tickets for the real fans, what a joke.

And as for the 30,000 tickets for 'corporate clients', don't get me started on these guys, many of whom won't even have a genuine interest in the match, therefore depriving deserving folk a ticket.

It's no wonder modern football is ****ed. I'm becoming increasingly dissilussioned with the professional game on the whole.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2011, 10:29 PM
What are your thoughts on the pricing structure for the final of the Champions League at Wembley?

The people's game. Aye, right!! (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/04/20/SOCCER_Champions_League_Nightlead.html&BID=165)

Compared to this site they are a steal.

http://www.championsleagueticketshop.com/championsleague/Final-Match/Champions-League-Final-AVs-B-2011

£3290 but don't forget it includes hospitality at a hotel near the stadium before and after the match. Including food with drink and gifts.

Ridiculous.

Removed
20-04-2011, 10:35 PM

http://www.championsleagueticketshop.com/championsleague/Final-Match/Champions-League-Final-AVs-B-2011

£3290 but don't forget it includes hospitality at a hotel near the stadium before and after the match. Including food with drink and gifts.

Ridiculous.

Who would be crazy enough to put their card details in that site at that price :eek:

Heard about these things on Watchdog. You have to meet some guy called 'Dave' half an hour before the event starts, be it a gig or a game, and then you're left standing there out of pocket when nobody turns up. Scary stuff.

magpie1892
20-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Need an assistant for the day? :greengrin

When you add in the fact that flights and hotel prices will be hiked up at an exponential rate, the average football fan just can't afford to attend these games anymore.

My spot's not confirmed yet but I'm working for Al Jazeera so should be OK...

Flights and hotels should be not too bad because London has latent capacity. It's the bank holiday weekend so it's going to be busy anyhow but there's still plenty of cheap (for London) accommodation just because of the size of the place. The main issue is the thick end of £200 sheets for a game of football. Thing is, I don't see it changing unless no-one turn up...

Getting a room in Dublin for the midweek of the Europa League final was an expensive business though - coinciding with the visit of Obama and, I think, our gracious Queen.

magpie1892
20-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Ridiculous.

Revisit that site if ManU make the final. They can name their price then, and they will. It's shocking, no other word for it.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Who would be crazy enough to put their card details in that site at that price :eek:

Heard about these things on Watchdog. You have to meet some guy called 'Dave' half an hour before the event starts, be it a gig or a game, and then you're left standing there out of pocket when nobody turns up. Scary stuff.

There will be some fans so desperate to lay their hands on a ticket that they will be more than tempted to risk it. £3290 for 90 minutes of football. That's about £36 a minute. Pop off to the loo during the game........over £100. Maybe even £200 if it's a number 2. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Thought they might have gone a tad steeper to deter the undesirables. After all, nobody wants a return to the bad old days of the eighties.

magpie1892
20-04-2011, 11:06 PM
There will be some fans so desperate to lay their hands on a ticket that they will be more than tempted to risk it. £3290 for 90 minutes of football. That's about £36 a minute. Pop off to the loo during the game........over £100. Maybe even £200 if it's a number 2. :greengrin

£210 then, for a burger.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2011, 11:12 PM
£210 then, for a burger.

At these prices I would expect a multi purpose seat (see below) which has a food service bell on the arm.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jacksonsleisure.co.uk/disability-aids/commodes/images/extra_wide_commodes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jacksonsleisure.co.uk/disability-aids/commodes/commodes.htm&usg=__KCW3CNijSJ4jgFBhDz1PknPc5Qw=&h=377&w=344&sz=18&hl=en&start=26&sig2=58QWUrByylEBJtjKs1Oyog&zoom=1&tbnid=el2oq310ymBk4M:&tbnh=166&tbnw=151&ei=xmevTci9F8yq8QOpl7mQDw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkamode%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D136 6%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3Disch0%2C419&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=533&vpy=254&dur=941&hovh=235&hovw=214&tx=113&ty=131&oei=w2evTb-fMceg8QOa7ciQDw&page=2&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:26&biw=1366&bih=667

Owain_1987
20-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Scandalous, as is Platini's attempt at an apology for something he could have avoided in the first place.

He basically said if he made the tickets cheaper then people could get them on the black market for cheaper. That must be the worse reason ever for a ticket price. Am paying £14 to watch Cardiff play Preston how any game could be worth over 10 times that makes no sense I would rather watch the the League 2 play off final will be more passion in the stands. :thumbsup:

GhostofBolivar
21-04-2011, 05:40 AM
TBH, I think it's fair enough for a game like that. As a one-off, I would spend that. In fact, I spent over £400 on tickets for 3 ice hockey games in Toronto not that long ago and I've done £80+ to watch NFL games in London and I'm fine with it because you don't get the opportunity to do stuff like that very often.

I have more issues with getting charged £20 to watch a game in the SPL than I do with spending £150 to see one of the biggest sporting events in the world.