PDA

View Full Version : NHC Berwick Rangers sack player for Lennon bomb comments

Jamesie
20-04-2011, 06:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13150928.stm

Anyone know what he said?

R'Albin
20-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Bowell admitted he had posted on his Twitter page that he wished the parcel bomb had killed Lennon

That is disgusting:bitchy:

Although good on Bewrick Rangers for terminating his contract:agree:

Greentinted
20-04-2011, 06:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13150928.stm

Anyone know what he said?

Redacted here: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/244525-footballer-sacked-over-neil-lennon-parcel-bomb-comment-on-twitter/

sixtwo
20-04-2011, 06:17 PM
The boy has just said goodbye to whatever chance he had of a career in football

Join the rest of your toothless, buckie drinking, knuckledragging hun cronies in the dole queue!

bawbag

cabbageandribs1875
20-04-2011, 06:41 PM
stupid ignorant daft wee laddie, muchos respect to berwick rangers :agree:

Jack
20-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Few others getting sacked elsewhere as well then if Facebook is anything to go by,

zlatan
20-04-2011, 07:26 PM
There are people actively hunting facebook and twitter looking for these lads to trip up so they can report them. Whilst I don't disagree with the sacking, it's a bit sad to be searching for something to be offended by and reporting, no?

The Hibee Harp
20-04-2011, 07:35 PM
There are people actively hunting facebook and twitter looking for these lads to trip up so they can report them. Whilst I don't disagree with the sacking, it's a bit sad to be searching for something to be offended by and reporting, no?

Whilst I don't agree with it, isn't that in part Rangers' argument with FARE?

zlatan
20-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Aye, fair enough. I'll go back to just blanking the whole thing. Best thing about being a Hibby from Glasgow is you can just nod your head and say aye to both of them.

Sylar
20-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Stupid laddie - there have been well publicised cases of employees being sacked for comments made on social networking sites, away from the workplace, so it's not exactly a unique scenario.

hibsdaft
20-04-2011, 07:50 PM

agreed.

NOLA
20-04-2011, 08:05 PM
The right thing to do by Berwick Rangers here, of course " it was completely out of character " aye Ok then, bet his mates all had a good laugh but:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2011, 08:24 PM

My workplace has a system that actively searches all such social forums for key words linked to my place of work and act upon on remarks considered to be in breach of our disciplinary procedures.

Removed
20-04-2011, 08:50 PM
My workplace has a system that actively searches all such social forums for key words linked to my place of work and act upon on remarks considered to be in breach of our disciplinary procedures.

How can they do that if you make your posts on twitter or facebook only visible to your friends? I'm on neither so not sure how they work.

moredun
20-04-2011, 08:55 PM

I wonder how many people paid to go to a website page and then get abused with sectarian guff?

Allant1981
20-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Not un common for work places to do this kind of thing as my "mate" has found out in the past for posting something about his workplace on facebook

CMac1988
20-04-2011, 09:22 PM

I was on Kerrydale Street this morning reading comments regarding the parcel's etc. and It seems they found the comment (and others like it) simply by doing a search on Neil Lennon.

Whether this is true or not I don't know but at the end of the day the lad is in the spotlight a tad more than others and should know better as he's more likely to be noticed than the average punter.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/neil%20lennon

Seems it's nowhere near as bad as it was this morning.

Wotherspiniesta
20-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Let me have time to digest this news....

That's a bit of a crap thing to say.

Greentinted
21-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Not un common for work places to do this kind of thing as my "mate" has found out in the past for posting something about his workplace on facebook

I suppose if you are made aware then you wouldn't have much cause for recourse but I agree that to have folks trawling purely to find offensive comments on t'internet is fairly shabby. I'm not sure about breaking through the various 'Facebook' security settings but 'Twitter' is by its nature open to pretty much anybody who has chosen to follow your account!

However in a complete about face, STV reporting more of the same: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/244603-footballer-dean-mclean-under-investigation-after-new-neil-lennon-twitter-comment/

Sean1875
21-04-2011, 11:53 AM
seems there's been another 3 youth players suspended from Motherwell, St Mirren and Clyde regarding Lennon commets, daft laddies.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/244603-footballer-dean-mclean-under-investigation-after-new-neil-lennon-twitter-comment/

Also says at the bottom of that article the Berwick boys words were actually “"Wish that parcel bomb f****** killed neil lennon, the little c***." Unbelieveable :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
21-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Let me have time to digest this news....

That's a bit of a crap thing to say.

:tee hee:

Well I got it...:greengrin

gringojoe
21-04-2011, 11:58 AM
However in a complete about face, STV reporting more of the same: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/244603-footballer-dean-mclean-under-investigation-after-new-neil-lennon-twitter-comment/

Does seem to confirm that young footballers brains are in their feet. You would think they would have learnt not to do it after Aberdeen players making comments about running over 'prods' during the Popes visit.

Leishy1995
21-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It's a shame, I have to admit Lennon has had it tight since taking over at Celtic. Hope the people making his life hell realise he's just doing a job.

Wotherspiniesta
21-04-2011, 05:15 PM
:tee hee:

Well I got it...:greengrin

Thank you!

Its a schtinker.

:greengrin

Franck Stanton
21-04-2011, 07:09 PM
The boy has just said goodbye to whatever chance he had of a career in football

Join the rest of your toothless, buckie drinking, knuckledragging hun cronies in the dole queue!

bawbag

Perfect candidate for a contract over at the PBS, would fit in well with them.

grantonhibee
21-04-2011, 07:17 PM
silly daft laddies good on the clubs for terminating contracts:thumbsup:

greenginger
21-04-2011, 07:29 PM

You've got to understand the Tims have been dropping down the Victims League lately and need new material to be insulted by to get their ratings up.

EasterRoad4Ever
21-04-2011, 07:50 PM

No. If people are daft enough to express their bigoted, racist or downright evil remarks in the public domain then they get exactly what they deserve. Hunt them down.

The_Sauz
22-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Clyde youngster has now been sacked for the same thing!!
St Mirren & Motherwell are also having players investigated http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13164281.stm :brickwall

jdships
22-04-2011, 07:53 AM

As far as I have been told it was one of his "Facebook Friends" who saw the message and reported it to the club .
Nothing devious in that surely ?:rolleyes:

jdships
22-04-2011, 07:53 AM
No. If people are daft enough to express their bigoted, racist or downright evil remarks in the public domain then they get exactly what they deserve. Hunt them down.

:top marks