PDA

View Full Version : Lights go out on Doonhamers

2belhaven
19-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Just noticed that tonights Queen of the South home game against Rosss County was abandoned after 80 mins after floodlight failure.

Tie was being replayed after .....yes floodlight failure in February after 65 mins !

Ross County will be livid. Hell of an expense midweek and still have to come back.

Should just give them the points. 2-0 up at the time !

Removed
19-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Just noticed that tonights Queen of the South home game against Rosss County was abandoned after 80 mins after floodlight failure.

Tie was being replayed after .....yes floodlight failure in February after 65 mins !

Ross County will be livid. Hell of an expense midweek and still have to come back.

Should just give them the points. 2-0 up at the time !

:agree: or make QoS pay for travel, accomodation and players lost wages

Sylar
19-04-2011, 09:07 PM
:agree: or make QoS pay for travel, accomodation and players lost wages

Why would that affect their wages - surely they get paid a salary regardless?

Removed
19-04-2011, 09:08 PM

Depends what sort of job they do. They may be self employed or have to take unpaid leave from their work when they have to travel long distances.

Hibs Class
19-04-2011, 09:08 PM
How do you know QotS are to blame rather than e.g. Scottish Power.

2belhaven
19-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Probably referring to the fact that they are part timers(i think) and would have had to leave work and possibly lose wages from that source.

Sylar
19-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Depends what sort of job they do. They may be self employed or have to take unpaid leave from their work when they have to travel long distances.

Ah of course - never considered the part time aspect B. Sorry!

HibeeSince85
19-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Are Ross County semi pro? I'm sure they were full time.

Removed
19-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Are Ross County semi pro? I'm sure they were full time.

For some reason I assumed they'd be part timers. Apols from me if not.

HibeeSince85
19-04-2011, 09:36 PM
For some reason I assumed they'd be part timers. Apols from me if not.

I'm not so sure myself tbh, just always had them down as full time, Adams was definately full time with them.

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I think they might be part time. Wasn't that what some of the jokes were about when we got beat from them? Beat by joiners, plumbers, bankers etc?

HibeeSince85
19-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Was that not Ayr:greengrin

Removed
19-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I think they might be part time. Wasn't that what some of the jokes were about when we got beat from them? Beat by joiners, plumbers, bankers etc?

Bankers ....................in Dingwall? :greengrin

Jones28
19-04-2011, 09:54 PM

2 floodlight failures in a season? Fairly uncommon is it not?

ballengeich
19-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Both Ross County and QOS are full time. In division 1 the only part-timers are Cowdenbeath and Stirling Albion.

There's a fair chance that QOS will be going part-time next season and they could be joined by others fairly soon. I think that one of the reasons behind proposed SPL reconstruction is to try to remove the risk of full-time players in Scotland being confined to the top division.

Removed
19-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Both Ross County and QOS are full time. In division 1 the only part-timers are Cowdenbeath and Stirling Albion.

There's a fair chance that QOS will be going part-time next season and they could be joined by others fairly soon. I think that one of the reasons behind proposed SPL reconstruction is to try to remove the risk of full-time players in Scotland being confined to the top division.

Thanks for clarifying that :thumbsup:

So in answer to the OP, QOS should just pay the travel expenses for the rearranged game and reimburse any Staggies fans who travelled down today.

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Was that not Ayr:greengrin

Correct.
:doh: for me.

crewetollhibee
19-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Must be the longest distance between Scottish clubs as well. (Stranaer to Dingwall possibly). Jeezo.

Sylar
19-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Correct.
:doh: for me.

Are you getting confused as a result of Dundee United meeting Ross County in the cup earlier in the season? :na na:

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Are you getting confused as a result of Dundee United meeting Ross County in the cup earlier in the season? :na na:

Probably :tee hee:

WindyMiller
20-04-2011, 09:54 AM

And Partick Thistle.

H18sry
20-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Cowdenbeneathus will be happy as Ross County would have moved 4 points clear in the relegation battle :agree:

Speedy
20-04-2011, 11:44 AM

It doesn't really matter though, QotS are responsible for the game going ahead. If it doesn't through the fault of, lets say, Scottish Power then they may be able to seek compensation through them but there's no way Ross County would be able to get anything from Scottish Power.

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:01 PM
If I reply to this thread I have the top ten threads answered last by me.

Does that beat Macar's record?

Removed
20-04-2011, 01:03 PM
If I reply to this thread I have the top ten threads answered last by me.

Does that beat Macar's record?

:faf: I wondered what you were up to.

And as GT will verify....................no chance

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:09 PM
:faf: I wondered what you were up to.

And as GT will verify....................no chance

It's alright, it was ruined by you replying to my charter flight question anyway :wink:

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Yes, top 10 it is. Get in.

Suck on that, non-top tenners.

Removed
20-04-2011, 01:14 PM
It's alright, it was ruined by you replying to my charter flight question anyway :wink:

Good attempt for a lunchtime though :top marks

:slipper: did his about 3am and the key to his success was reply to everything with just one word or a smiley

H18sry
20-04-2011, 01:17 PM

:slipper: did his about 3am and the key to his success was reply to everything with just one word or a smiley

:rolleyes:

:devil:

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:17 PM

I know but I always look to add value wherever possible.

I couldn't see the value in posting as Macar did.

Removed
20-04-2011, 01:20 PM
:rolleyes:

He did post a lot of "tartin army" pish as well :wink:

H18sry
20-04-2011, 02:22 PM
He did post a lot of "tartin army" pish as well :wink:

Even tho he is English and has seen the error's of his way :greengrin