PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonight's games

sunshine1875
19-04-2011, 08:22 PM
:rolleyes: versus United and each time a United player gets sent off. Against 9 men, Jelavic scores the third.

Should be surprised? Were they stonewallers or Old Firm penalties (i.e. not a chance but ref gives it to appease the fans)

hibee_girl
19-04-2011, 08:24 PM
3 red cards for Dundee Utd, 3 penalties for Rangers.

Hibee_Lisa
19-04-2011, 08:24 PM
3 reds now and a penalty missed.

Westie1875
19-04-2011, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes: versus United and each time a United player gets sent off. Against 9 men, Jelavic scores the third.

Should be surprised? Were they stonewallers or Old Firm penalties (i.e. not a chance but ref gives it to appease the fans)

Make that 3 and 3 red cards, Gomis off now too. :rolleyes:

How many more do they need sent off for the match to be abandoned? :greengrin:devil:

Newhaven
19-04-2011, 08:26 PM
3 red cards for Dundee Utd, 3 penalties for Rangers.

Only in Scotland :agree:

sunshine1875

I don't believe it!:confused:

A third penalty and a third United player sent off. The pen was missed though!

.Sean.
8 men now?!

iwasthere1972
19-04-2011, 08:28 PM
4-0 but no penalty

hibee_girl
19-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Who have Utd got at the weekend?

Paisley Hibby
19-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Make that 3 and 3 red cards, Gomis off now too. :rolleyes:

How many more do they need sent off for the match to be abandoned? :greengrin:devil:

I think Willie Collum was the referee who gave Rangers a penalty in the first Old Firm game this season even although his back was turned to the incident - which was actually a dive by Broadfoot. This is clearly a conspiracy...... to make sure that Hearts get third place ;(

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 08:30 PM
One of which was missed.

4-0 to Rangers (Whittaker penalty x 2, Jelavic. Lafferty)

Still 0-0 between Newcastle and Manchester United, 5 minutes left.

Hibee_Lisa

Killie.

ozzie

kilie

Newhaven

Killie

iwasthere1972
19-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Everton.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Hernandez booked for diving.

sunshine1875
19-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Guess what, Rangers are behind on points and on goal difference. Easy win and an opportunity to get a few goals. Only in Scotland as someone has said!

Sylar
19-04-2011, 08:38 PM

There was a bit of contact, but dear lord he didn't half make a meal of it.

Been a decent game this :agree:

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 08:38 PM

Awful decision.

I suppose referees never give decisions against United though...:rolleyes:

Full time, 0-0.

1 point closer to the title.

Newhaven
19-04-2011, 08:40 PM
0-0 at St James :thumbsup:

Wembley67
19-04-2011, 08:41 PM
gerrit right up you mancs, how Arsenal will be ruing that penalty at the weekend!

Hibs90
19-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Awful decision.

Full time, 0-0.

**** off. Great decision. Clearly a dive.

Sylar
19-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Guess what, Rangers are behind on points and on goal difference. Easy win and an opportunity to get a few goals. Only in Scotland as someone has said!

Was speaking to a United fan who was at the game and he said some of the decisions were utterly embarrassing. Not a bastion of impartiality I suppose, but we'll see with the highlights I guess.

Draw seemed a fair result in the Newcastle vs Man City game - only seen the first half and last 10 minutes, but Newcastle were all over them in the first half. Both teams had a shout for a penalty, neither of which were given. Listening to the commentators at FT though, you'd be forgiven for thinking Man Utd were robbed :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Was speaking to a United fan who was at the game and he said some of the decisions were utterly embarrassing. Not a bastion of impartiality I suppose, but we'll see with the highlights I guess.

Draw seemed a fair result in the Newcastle vs Man City game - only seen the first half and last 10 minutes, but Newcastle were all over them in the first half. Both teams had a shout for a penalty, neither of which were given. Listening to the commentators at FT though, you'd be forgiven for thinking Man Utd were robbed :rolleyes:

United were certainly robbed if Newcastle were playing Man City tonight. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Awful decision.

Full time, 0-0.

Disagree FH - the Newcastle guy might, just might have brushed against Hernandez's bootlace but nothing more. I thought it was brave and coreect of Lee Probert to book the player. There was a clearer cut penalty claim at the other end in the first half when contact definitely was made but no pen awarded

Sylar
19-04-2011, 08:50 PM
United were certainly robbed if Newcastle were playing Man City tonight. :greengrin

Hahaha - s*** - I've been doing stuff like that all day :greengrin

Listen to Dwight Yorke DESPERATELY trying to indicate some contact in that tackle - absolutely none whatsoever. 7.8 for the landing though :agree:

Lovenkrands much more of a penalty.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Disagree FH - the Newcastle guy might, just might have brushed against Hernandez's bootlace but nothing more. I thought it was brave and coreect of Lee Probert to book the player. There was a clearer cut penalty claim at the other end in the first half when contact definitely was made but no pen awarded

Cheers Jonnyboy for the mature and respectful response. The two previous posters above you could learn a thing or two on how to disagree with someone.

Personally, I thought there was an argument to say that the penalty would have been soft but to book Hernandez for diving is just not on. There was clearly some contact and any forward in the world will go down in the penalty box if they feel any contact at all.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Hernandez's dive was hilarious! Cheating wee scrote :agree:

Just Jimmy
Awful decision.

Full time, 0-0.

Aye and Lovenkrands wasn't a pen either I suppose? Hernandez made a meal of it simple. Good player, but constantly has a face like a smacked arsed on him when it goes against him. He'll fit in well at Man United no doubt. Good to see the wage thief get the reception he deserved tho.

Jonnyboy
Cheers Jonnyboy for the mature and respectful response. The two previous posters above you could learn a thing or two on how to disagree with someone.

Personally, I thought there was an argument to say that the penalty would have been soft but to book Hernandez for diving is just not on. There was clearly some contact and any forward in the world will go down in the penalty box if they feel any contact at all.

Or in his case - no contact :wink:

Lovenkraands on the other hand was definitely tripped :agree:

sunshine1875

I have said before that a ref has to be 100% sure to give a decision against the Old Firm, yet only has to be 49% sure to give a decision for the Old Firm.

Why is that - the obvious answer is that if a ref gives a decision against the Old Firm, he is accused of being biased, is in the press for the next three weeks and normally has an angry mob outside his door. If he gives a decision for the Old Firm against a 'lesser' team, none of this happens. The refs, as a result, take the easy option.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Hahaha - s*** - I've been doing stuff like that all day :greengrin

Listen to Dwight Yorke DESPERATELY trying to indicate some contact in that tackle - absolutely none whatsoever. 7.8 for the landing though :agree:

Lovenkrands much more of a penalty.

Probably wouldn't disagree with that to be fair.

Aye and Lovenkrands wasn't a pen either I suppose? Hernandez made a meal of it simple. Good player, but constantly has a face like a smacked arsed on him when it goes against him. He'll fit in well at Man United no doubt. Good to see the wage thief get the reception he deserved tho.

Where did I say that? :confused: I haven't even spoken about Newcastle's penalty claim but since you've brought it up, yes it was a penalty.

Sylar
19-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Have you seen the slow motion replays Sky have just shown? His theatrical fall probably compounded the ref's decision to book him :agree:

You're quite consistent with condemning players when they try and gain an unfair advantage (Berbatov vs Man City at OT springs to mind) and this is another example.

Jamie Redknapp is spot on.

sunshine1875
19-04-2011, 08:58 PM
OMG - not another thread ruined by a "we love / hate Man United" discussion.

Totally switch-off.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Why was QoS-Ross Co. abandoned? Floodlights?

Sylar
Sir Alex Ferguson - utter sack of a man :agree:

His impartiality and inability to call things with honesty and balance is pathetic.

His record is absolutely sensational, no arguments, but he is one classless individual. Ferguson and Wenger - 2 cheeks of the same graceless arse :agree:

Just Jimmy
Probably wouldn't disagree with that to be fair.

Where did I say that? :confused: I haven't even spoken about Newcastle's penalty claim but since you've brought it up, yes it was a penalty.

Just following the typical thread of discussion that sky go down. The way Fat Sam was going on you'd think Man United were mugged. I thought you'd bought into that, that's all. :wink:

Man United were rank tonight, I'm pissed that Newcastle missed the chance to beat them, we took Shola off and brought on the complete waste of a shift that is Nile Ranger, utterly laughable that this kid is anywhere near the first team.

If Man United had turned up against Everton for example like that, they'd have lost that game. Newcastle are miles away from being a good attacking side.

Sylar

Yeah, floodlights failed early in the second half.

Good old Palmerston :greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Have you seen the slow motion replays Sky have just shown? His theatrical fall probably compounded the ref's decision to book him :agree:

You're quite consistent with condemning players when they try and gain an unfair advantage (Berbatov vs Man City at OT springs to mind) and this is another example.

Jamie Redknapp is spot on.

I don't doubt it was a bit theatrical and I could have accepted it if the referee had just simply indicated that there would be no penalty and waved play on. However, I do believe that there was some contact (however minimal) and that means he shouldn't have been booked for diving, in my opinion.

I guess you're referring to Berbatov's dive against Liverpool in the FA Cup that got Man Utd a penalty and basically won them the tie? That was a clear and definite dive and blatant cheating and I said so at the time.

I don't think that what Hernandez did tonight is in the same league to be honest.

West Upper
19-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Floodlight failure caused the game to be abandoned.

Just Jimmy
19-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't doubt it was a bit theatrical and I could have accepted it if the referee had just simply indicated that there would be no penalty and waved play on. However, I do believe that there was some contact (however minimal) and that means he shouldn't have been booked for diving, in my opinion.

I guess you're referring to Berbatov's dive against Liverpool in the FA Cup that got Man Utd a penalty and basically won them the tie? That was a clear and definite dive and blatant cheating and I said so at the time.

I don't think that what Hernandez did tonight is in the same league to be honest.

Neither do I for the record. However cheating is cheating. What about Nani's dive in the first half?

Jonnyboy
19-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Just following the typical thread of discussion that sky go down. The way Fat Sam was going on you'd think Man United were mugged. I thought you'd bought into that, that's all. :wink:

Man United were rank tonight, I'm pissed that Newcastle missed the chance to beat them, we took Shola off and brought on the complete waste of a shift that is Nile Ranger, utterly laughable that this kid is anywhere near the first team.

If Man United had turned up against Everton for example like that, they'd have lost that game. Newcastle are miles away from being a good attacking side.

A new candidate for the crap pundit thread I reckon J :agree:

Insisted on calling Collocini Cudiccini and Evra Patrick instead of Patrice. Also, made a meal out of the minimal contact on Hernandez but suggested Lovenkraands made the most of the contact when he was felled.

I'm neither Newcastle nor Man Utd in persuasion, just a fan looking in on a game and finding disappointment both on the pitch and in the commentary box :wink:

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson - utter sack of a man :agree:

His impartiality and inability to call things with honesty and balance is pathetic.

His record is absolutely sensational, no arguments, but he is one classless individual. Ferguson and Wenger - 2 cheeks of the same graceless arse :agree:

:agree: Open their holes and the broon stuff duly flows!

Sylar
19-04-2011, 09:05 PM

If the contact is SO minimal though (they might have just about rubbed leg hairs against one another), the referee isn't going to see that in real time, and if he thinks he's gone down at a crucial point of the game, not seeing the slightest of touches, with such a theatrical finish, it's no real surprise he booked him for simulation.

I don't think tonight was quite in the same league either (the Liverpool one was just another example which sprung to mind), but he tried to gain an advantage via not entirely honorable means and it was a good shout not to give it.

sunshine1875
19-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Bit harsh on Ross Co. Two nil up, a win would put them four points ahead of Cowdenbeath as both try to avoid the play-off.

Just Jimmy
19-04-2011, 09:10 PM
A new candidate for the crap pundit thread I reckon J :agree:

Insisted on calling Collocini Cudiccini and Evra Patrick instead of Patrice. Also, made a meal out of the minimal contact on Hernandez but suggested Lovenkraands made the most of the contact when he was felled.

I'm neither Newcastle nor Man Utd in persuasion, just a fan looking in on a game and finding disappointment both on the pitch and in the commentary box :wink:

Spot on John, I'm more disapointed Newcastle never really tried to win the game. They had the chance in the last ten mins to have a right dig and do it, they passed that up.

khib70
19-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Bet you're glad you weren't:greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Bet you're glad you weren't:greengrin

I'm actually a bit gutted that United don't have an El Clasico situation, to be honest.

There's no danger that United would lose...

Nah I'm not going there again. :greengrin

blueisthecolour
19-04-2011, 09:45 PM
On way home from game, first pen correct decision by ref, 2nd pen looked correct decision although tv suggests may have been slightly outside box but ref calls as he sees it, third pen correct decision letter of law its a sending off but i would say it was harsh, rules are rules, even utd manager said so

Hibbie_Cameron
19-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Funny only Yorke, Ferguson and Fat Sam thought it was a pen. Clear dive from Hernandez. Simpson did put his foot out stupidly but there was no contact which the camera from behind the goal clearly shows. How Fat Sam thinks that was a pen and not the Lovenkrands one is a joke. Ashley should have banned him from the stadium for his turgid rubbish as NUFC manager.

Im pretty chuffed at the point, been a bit walking wounded lately with a few starting tonight only just back in training in the last few days. The fact they caused Man U so much trouble with two donkeys up front deserves credit

delbert
19-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Just saw the 3 pens on Sky news, 2nd one was very close, Collum would have got the call from his assistant on that one, but as for the 3 red cards, absolutely spot on for all of them, had the same chances been about to fall to any of our forwards (Nish excepted!) we would have at least been expecting an effort on goal, if not a goal itself, had the forward not been downed, tripped or shoved, as happened tonight. Celtc fans will be going off their heads, which is just the bonus when this sort of thing happens, but no question the red cards were the correct decision.

Removed
19-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Just saw the 3 pens on Sky news, 2nd one was very close, Collum would have got the call from his assistant on that one, but as for the 3 red cards, absolutely spot on for all of them, had the same chances been about to fall to any of our forwards (Nish excepted!) we would have at least been expecting an effort on goal, if not a goal itself, had the forward not been downed, tripped or shoved, as happened tonight. Celtc fans will be going off their heads, which is just the bonus when this sort of thing happens, but no question the red cards were the correct decision.

Nae need :bitchy: