PDA

View Full Version : NHC SPL Team of the Season

The Sea-gull
19-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Who would you have in it? Sadly, no Hibs players have grounds to feature this season and even sadder, I've had to include a couple of theirs:-

GK - Kello

RB - Whittaker
CB - Bougera
CB - Wright (Killie)
LB - Izaggeri

RM - Naysmith
CM - Eremenko
CM - Kayal
LM - Skacel

CF - Hooper
CF - Rooney

Would say there are a few forwards who could lay claim this season. Miller and Sammon would have been my choices had they not left mid season. Goodwillie, Sutton and Stokes all deserve a mention too.

Hibs90
19-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Skacel? What's he done of note?

easty
19-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I'd have had Goodwillie in that team ahead of Rooney.

Broken Gnome
19-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Who would you have in it? Sadly, no Hibs players have grounds to feature this season and even sadder, I've had to include a couple of theirs:-

GK - Kello

RB - Whittaker
CB - Bougera
CB - Wright (Killie)
LB - Izaggeri

RM - Naysmith
CM - Eremenko
CM - Kayal
LM - Skacel

CF - Hooper
CF - Rooney

Would say there are a few forwards who could lay claim this season. Miller and Sammon would have been my choices had they not left mid season. Goodwillie, Sutton and Stokes all deserve a mention too.

GK - Kello

Back four is Steven Whittaker

Midfield four is Steven Whittaker

Eremenko

Hooper

soupy
19-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Exactly why, even the jambos think he's been a bit of a meh!

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Exactly why, even the jambos think he's been a bit of a meh!

Would find that hard to believe - he's scored 11 goals in 25 games from midfield. A quick look at BBC results shows his goals won Hearts 12 points that they wouldn't have had if he hadn't scored.

I'm not saying he should be in the team of the year, but his contribution has been hugely significant.

lapsedhibee
19-04-2011, 11:38 AM
GK - Kello

Back four is Steven Whittaker

Midfield four is Steven Whittaker

Eremenko

Hooper

Can you have the same player twice in a five-a-side team? :rules:

The Sea-gull
19-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Scored 11 goals from midfield - must be there or there abouts as the highest scoring midfielder in the league. I've seen him in a few games on tv and a couple of times in the flesh and he has looked good aside from his goals.

Admittedly, he will have had games where he has been ineffectual but in a season of few outstanding midfield candidates, he has to be in with a shout.

Just coz he plays for them don't mean we can't say he's a good player and has done well this season.

There might be an arguement for the winger boy at Motherwell (Humphries I think) to get the nod over him but I don't know too much about him.

Broken Gnome
19-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Can you have the same player twice in a five-a-side team? :rules:

If you're fast turning into the rich man's Derek Townsley, yes you can.

Removed
19-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Just coz he plays for them don't mean we can't say he's a good player and has done well this season

Maybe we can all give him a round of applause in the first home derby next season when he leaves the park :applause:

soupy
19-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Would find that hard to believe - he's scored 11 goals in 25 games from midfield. A quick look at BBC results shows his goals won Hearts 12 points that they wouldn't have had if he hadn't scored.

I'm not saying he should be in the team of the year, but his contribution has been hugely significant.

well only saying what my Jambos season ticket holder mates tell me, but am sure you know better.

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 12:27 PM
well only saying what my Jambos season ticket holder mates tell me, but am sure you know better.

As am I.

soupy
19-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Still wouldn't be in my team :):)

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Still wouldn't be in my team :):)

Fair dos mate, I didn't say he was worthy of being in either. He has been a very good signing though - all the more annoying given that Jefferies apparently didn't want him.

mon the cabbage
19-04-2011, 09:55 PM

GK - Kello

RB - Whittaker
CB - Bougera
CB - Wright (Killie)
LB - Izaggeri

RM - Naysmith
CM - Eremenko
CM - Kayal
LM - Skacel

CF - Hooper
CF - Rooney

GK-Mcgregor

Wotherspoons been better than skacel

JE89
19-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Maybe we can all give him a round of applause in the first home derby next season when he leaves the park :applause:

No need in sarcasm. Saying he has done well is true, he has, but then that would be rational thought and we can't have that if it means praising a Yam. I'd include him in my first 11.

Removed
19-04-2011, 11:48 PM
No need in sarcasm. Saying he has done well is true, he has, but then that would be rational thought and we can't have that if it means praising a Yam. I'd include him in my first 11.

Who is being sarcastic :confused: I thought that was "the class" thing to do and the Hibby way. Or maybe that only applies to players from diddy teams.

Part/Time Supporter
20-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I would have Miller and Sammon as strikers. They're still the top two goalscorers in the league despite not kicking a ball in Scotland for three months! In fairness, Jelavic probably would be but for Ian Black kicking him out of the game for over three months.

So that would be a 4-3-3 with Jelavic instead of Skacel.

JE89
20-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Who is being sarcastic :confused: I thought that was "the class" thing to do and the Hibby way. Or maybe that only applies to players from diddy teams.

Apologies if you weren't being sarcastic. This post obviously refers to a thread which I have missed.

sparkiehibs
20-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Kello (Hearts)

Whittacker (Rangers)
Bougherra (Rangers)
Wright (Kilmarnock)
Booth (Hibernian)

Templeton (Hearts)
Eremenko (Kilmarnock)
Kayal (Celtic)
Murphy (Motherwell)

Hooper (Celtic)
Rooney (ICT)

Jones28
20-04-2011, 10:36 AM
calum booth worth a shout for left back :agree:

easty
20-04-2011, 10:37 AM
calum booth worth a shout for left back :agree:

Not ahead of Izaguirre he's not.

ArabHibee
20-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Are you lot mad? The team would quite obviously be:

Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish
Nish

:greengrin

Hibercelona
20-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Are you lot mad? The team would quite obviously be:

Nish
Nish Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish Nish
Nish Nish
Nish

:greengrin

I agree. But i'd replace a few of them with Riordan's. :wink:

magnificent_seven
20-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Foster (Celtic)

Hateley (Motherwell)
Izaguirre (Celtic)
Whittaker (Rangers)
Majstorovic (Celtic)

Eremenko (Kilmarnock)
Davidson (St Johnstone)
Kayal (Celtic)
Naismith (Rangers)

Goodwillie (Dundee Utd)
Hooper (Celtic)

stokesmessiah
20-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Foster (Celtic)

Hateley (Motherwell)
Izaguirre (Celtic)
Whittaker (Rangers)
Majstorovic (Celtic)

Eremenko (Kilmarnock)
Davidson (St Johnstone)
Kayal (Celtic)
Naismith (Rangers)

Goodwillie (Dundee Utd)
Hooper (Celtic)

Now your just being silly...he is gash !!!!

SteveHFC
21-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Kello (Hearts)

Whittaker (Rangers)
Wright (Kilmarnock)
Bougherra (Rangers)
Izaguirre (Celtic)

Eremenko (Kilmarnock)
Kayal (Celtic)
Bauben (Dundee Utd)
Conway (Dundee Utd)

Hooper (Celtic)
Stokes (Celtic)

seamus88
21-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Kello (Hearts)

Whittacker (Rangers)
Bougherra (Rangers)
Wright (Kilmarnock)
Booth (Hibernian)

Templeton (Hearts)
Eremenko (Kilmarnock)
Kayal (Celtic)
Murphy (Motherwell)

Hooper (Celtic)
Rooney (ICT)
As good as callum has been i think it's hard to see him put izzagerie out the side! And i'd have Sutton in my side over Rooney

Beefster
21-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Folk are deluded if they think that Booth or Wotherspoon would get in a team of the season. Wotherspoon has been average at best this season and Booth has done fine but Izaguirre has been streets ahead of every other left-back in the SPL.

I'm just waiting on someone saying that Riordan would be in ahead of Hooper....

The Sea-gull
21-04-2011, 08:05 AM
No Hibs player would be anywhere near it.

If it was team of the second half of the season you could maybe start talking about Booth but for me it would still be Izzageri.

Wotherspoon hasn't even been a regular this season so hope that one was in there as sarcasim.

bighairyfaeleith
21-04-2011, 08:08 AM

maybe we could sing him a song?