PDA

View Full Version : Another Player told they can go!

Billychaotic182
19-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Smith this time.

bit near the end

"Graeme Smith is the latest player to be told his Hibs career is over. The 27-year-old keeper's contract will not be renewed at the end of the season, with Colin Calderwood preferring Mark Brown and Graham Stack"

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Tuesday39s-football.6754338.jp

Broken Gnome
19-04-2011, 09:17 AM
That's a shame.

jg1875
19-04-2011, 09:23 AM
He was good for motherwell, but let in to many for the hibs. :bye:

Part/Time Supporter
19-04-2011, 09:25 AM
The goalkeeping school's out for summer.

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Another departure who not many will argue with IMO.

Surely Divis should now be given a run of games until the summer.

J-C
19-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Another departure who not many will argue with IMO.

Surely Divis should now be given a run of games until the summer.

I wonder if Divis's language is the reason for him not starting yet, communication is vital.

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I wonder if Divis's language is the reason for him not starting yet, communication is vital.

Good point.

Jack
19-04-2011, 10:02 AM

He was on trial with us for at least a week, maybe longer, before he signed. If language was a problem I would have hoped it would have been identified at that stage and 5/6 months płace nie zmarnowane (wages not wasted :greengrin).

Bishop Hibee
19-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Another in the list of duds we've had in goals on and off since Leighton left. Leaves us with two steady club keepers and an unknown quantity in Divis. It's still unclear whether Stack will stay though.

I was interested in Craig Brown's comment on rebuilding Aberdeen: "It's a huge rebuilding job but I will get it done and quickly... I don't want to hang about because the battle to get replacements for anyone who wants to move on will be fierce."

Similarly from McInnes at the Saintees ""We now have to get the fans to fall in love with us again and get the enthusiasm back in time for next season. It will mean the end of the road for a few players and we'll hopefully make signings that will get everybody excited."

We'll have a fight on our hands for the players who fit our salary structure who'll improve the team. No one from the current Dons squad I'd want but I'd go for Davidson from St J if we can get him.

BEEJ
19-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Another sound decision from CC. :aok:

Paisley Hibby
19-04-2011, 10:10 AM
He was good for motherwell, but let in to many for the hibs. :bye:

I remember talking to a Motherwell ST holder after the 6-6 game who said they never rated Smith - saw him as a bomb scare.

R'Albin
19-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Smith this time.

bit near the end

"Graeme Smith is the latest player to be told his Hibs career is over. The 27-year-old keeper's contract will not be renewed at the end of the season, with Colin Calderwood preferring Mark Brown and Graham Stack"

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Tuesday39s-football.6754338.jp

Good luck wherever you go Smithy, not Hibs class though.

grantonhibee
19-04-2011, 10:16 AM
never played all that well for us to be honest , but good luck where ever you go

Stevie Reid
19-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I was interested in Craig Brown's comment on rebuilding Aberdeen: "It's a huge rebuilding job but I will get it done and quickly... I don't want to hang about because the battle to get replacements for anyone who wants to move on will be fierce."

Craig Brown also said that not many players are out of contract at the end of the season, so his hands are tied to an extent.

I'm not going to get into another debate over the merits of having so many players going out of contract at one time, but we are in a superb position to move quickly to get players in and have a huge overhaul of the squad, having already freed up so many wages already.

Andy74
19-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Pleased with this. CC should never have given him those games that edged us nearer to relegation and out the cup!

LeithBoozy
19-04-2011, 10:39 AM
How Smith has lasted this long I do not know, he should have been first out the door IMHO. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Halle****inlujah

Hibstrooper
19-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Halle****inlujah

Amen to that :agree:

LeithBoozy
19-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Blackpool, LOL. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Smith will be delighted with this news. He said when he signed that Hibs we are holding position to another move south of the border. The clubs must be lining up already. Never rated him.

Purehibee_MYB
19-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Thank God...worst keeper since Malkovski

easty
19-04-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd like to wish good luck to the fans of whoever Smith signs for. He's terrible, and we're well rid.

aberhibsfc
19-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Not the worst but I can't find any fault in CC releasing him. Too many on the budget of the same status, not necessarily of the same ability.

We need to good 1st keepers with youngsters in development.

I wish someone could put a list together of those who have been confirmed as leaving and those who have been confirmed or have been offered contracts. Would unscramble my brain a bit.

Keith_M
19-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I wish someone could put a list together of those who have been confirmed as leaving and those who have been confirmed or have been offered contracts. Would unscramble my brain a bit.

:agree:

I was just thinking the same, I've kinda lost track of exactly who will be here next season.

GloryGlory
19-04-2011, 11:29 AM
How Smith has lasted this long I do not know, he should have been first out the door IMHO. :rolleyes:

He should have been sacked for downright incompetence following the 6-6 game at Motherwell. That and a few other "performances", as well!

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I thought he was going to be a good signing for us when he came in at first as I thought he was a decent goalie for Motherwell.

Unfortunately it didn't really work out for him at Hibs and it's best for both parties that he moves on.

DaveF
19-04-2011, 11:35 AM
He should have been sacked for downright incompetence following the 6-6 game at Motherwell. That and a few other "performances", as well!

Totally agree. He should be charged for crimes against football.

I remain utterly convinced he did his level best to throw that 6-6 game.

matty_f
19-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Craig Brown also said that not many players are out of contract at the end of the season, so his hands are tied to an extent.

I'm not going to get into another debate over the merits of having so many players going out of contract at one time, but we are in a superb position to move quickly to get players in and have a huge overhaul of the squad, having already freed up so many wages already.

Halle****inlujah

lyonhibs
19-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Halle****inlujah
This. :agree:

His "drunk man trying to catch a balloon" dive that gifted Hearts their 2nd in the 2-1 defeat at ER whilst the East was being redeveloped last season was the equal of anything Zibi treated as to.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Halle****inlujah

:greengrin

This. :agree:

His "drunk man trying to catch a balloon" dive that gifted Hearts their 2nd in the 2-1 defeat at ER whilst the East was being redeveloped last season was the equal of anything Zibi treated as to.

:faf:

LeithBoozy
19-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Already away,- BAMBA,CURRIE,HOGG,McBRIDE,MOYES,NISH,RANKIN,ZEMMAM A,TRAKYS,SMITH.
Possible away ? DUFFY,McCANN,STEVENSON,THICOT,TOWEL.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2011, 11:51 AM

If he is like any young Czech he will probably speak English better than most especially the Scottish lads :agree:

LeithBoozy
19-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Add Dickoh as a possible away after Sunday ?

BEEJ
19-04-2011, 12:30 PM

I was just thinking the same, I've kinda lost track of exactly who will be here next season.
Players remaining in 2011/12
Booth, Callum
Brown, Mark
De Graaf, Edwin (on loan)
Divis, Jakub
Galbraith, Daniel
Hanlon, Paul
Hart, Michael
Horner, Lewis
Murray, Ian
Palsson, Victor
Scott, Martin
Smith, Scott
Sodje, Akpo
Stephens, David
Taggart, Scott
Thornhill, Matt
Wotherspoon, David

Players definitely away in June
Flynn, Thomas (on loan)
McBride, Kevin (on loan)
Moyes, Ewan (on loan)
Nish, Colin
Rankin, John
Smith, Graeme
Trakys, Valdas

Players with uncertain futures at ER
Byrne, Kurtis
Dichoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Riordan, Derek
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Towell, Richie
Vaz Te, Ricardo
Welsh, Sean (on loan)

Seventeen players under contract, seven definitely away and twelve question marks.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Booth, Callum
Brown, Mark
De Graaf, Edwin (on loan)
Divis, Jakub
Galbraith, Daniel
Hanlon, Paul
Hart, Michael
Horner, Lewis
Murray, Ian
Palsson, Victor
Scott, Martin
Smith, Scott
Sodje, Akpo
Stephens, David
Taggart, Scott
Thornhill, Matt
Wotherspoon, David

Players definitely away in June
Flynn, Thomas (on loan)
McBride, Kevin (on loan)
Moyes, Ewan (on loan)
Nish, Colin
Rankin, John
Smith, Graeme
Trakys, Valdas

Byrne, Kurtis
Dichoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Riordan, Derek
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Towell, Richie
Vaz Te, Ricardo
Welsh, Sean (on loan)

Seventeen players under contract, seven definitely away and twelve question marks.

Stuff good.

For that thanks! :greengrin

Haymaker
19-04-2011, 01:01 PM
If he is like any young Czech he will probably speak English better than most especially the Scottish lads :agree:

There was an interview with him a little while back, says his english is quite good but he has set about improving it fast. He also said he couldnt understand the scottish lads because "they talk to fast!"

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2011, 01:12 PM
There was an interview with him a little while back, says his english is quite good but he has set about improving it fast. He also said he couldnt understand the scottish lads because "they talk to fast!"

Aye, but i said speak not understand... :greengrin

From the snippets over here he is looking at the long term not a quick fix.

easty
19-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Byrne, Kurtis
Dichoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Riordan, Derek
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Towell, Richie
Vaz Te, Ricardo
Welsh, Sean (on loan)

Byrne and McCann, if they were going to make it then they'd have played more for us since January. Can't help but think if Welsh was in CC's plans for next season he wouldnt have been loaned out.

I'd keep Towell if he's free or very cheap.

I don't think we can justify paying Stack a full time wage when he's just never fit.

Stevenson/Thicot/Dickoh/Duffy. Not a good enough quality of footballer for where I'd like us to be.

Miller/Riordan. I like them both and would like us to have them next season but I trust CC's vision for the team. If both go then I'd trust CC had made the best decision for Hibs and has the players in mind to replace them.

With Vaz Te, I'm still undecided.

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Delighted to see Smith go. "He's a 7 we can make into a 10." said John Hughes when he signed.

Good luck with that project Yogi.

essexhibee
19-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Halle****inlujah

Yes!!!!

Jack
19-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I suspect a few in the ‘Players remaining in 2011/12’ list may be ‘encouraged’ to leave. De Graaf, Divis and Hart being my thoughts, possibly even Ian Murray. That’s 13.

Of the 'Players with uncertain futures at ER' I’d say; Miller, Riordan, Stevenson, Stack, Towell and Vaz Te were most likely to stay but that could be as low as 1 or 2.

CC says he’d like a squad of about 20, (I think it may sneak up to 22) so that would mean 3 – 6 new players in the close season.

Maybe not as huge a change as we might have thought but still a huge clear out from around 31 players at one point this season.

delbert
19-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Slowly but surely CC is working his way through the mountain of dross which the previous glaikit buffoon signed and doing what has been needed at Easter Road for 2 or 3 seasons, getting rid of the duffers and the imposters, and making way for the club to pay wages hopefully to better quality players who actually look like they want to play for this club.

There are still a few others that I would be delighted see go, Hart would be at the top of that list, never performed, never interested in performing for this club, but the steady as she goes way CC is culling the crap from this club is encouraging and to be fair Saturdays result was maybe a wake up call that despite some recent good results, we still have a long way to go.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Delighted to see Smith go. "He's a 7 we can make into a 10." said John Hughes when he signed.

:faf:

hibsbollah
19-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Add Dickoh as a possible away after Sunday ?

Hes been very solid for quite a few months now. I doubt Calderwood will discount his many good performances on the basis of one bad game. I think he'll be here next year.

Twiglet
19-04-2011, 04:18 PM
On official site now...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110419/player-update_2262950_2342343

Viva_Palmeiras
19-04-2011, 04:44 PM
That's just the problem ;)

BEEJ
19-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Stuff good.

For that thanks! :greengrin
OK, that's! :greengrin

Listing in alphabetical order by surname makes it easier to search lists, don't you know. :wink:

Westie1875
19-04-2011, 04:49 PM
On official site now...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110419/player-update_2262950_2342343

I must admit I'm delighted with this, should have never played again after the 6-6 game as others have said, I have never been more convinced I was watching a player try to throw a game - the only thing that made me realise this wasn't the case that night was the penalty save.

R'Albin
19-04-2011, 04:53 PM

:faf: it's ok "Fitba guys ken fits gan on"

WindyMiller
19-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I suspect a few in the ‘Players remaining in 2011/12’ list may be ‘encouraged’ to leave. De Graaf, Divis and Hart being my thoughts, possibly even Ian Murray. That’s 13.

Of the 'Players with uncertain futures at ER' I’d say; Miller, Riordan, Stevenson, Stack, Towell and Vaz Te were most likely to stay but that could be as low as 1 or 2.

CC says he’d like a squad of about 20, (I think it may sneak up to 22) so that would mean 3 – 6 new players in the close season.

Maybe not as huge a change as we might have thought but still a huge clear out from around 31 players at one point this season.

If It was my decision, I'd release every player that wasn't under contract and try and get the best deal I could for those that are but I don't want, then start again.

No loyalty.

This bunch of players have put in some of the most lacklustre performances I've ever seen.

F*** them!

Bostonhibby
19-04-2011, 05:31 PM

:greengrin A winger that could be made into an inside left? but we played him in goal. Nae wonder the guy struggled, another oot of position player in Yogi's reign. Fitba folk will probably understand it.

Either way :bye:

Diclonius
19-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I must admit I'm delighted with this, should have never played again after the 6-6 game as others have said, I have never been more convinced I was watching a player try to throw a game - the only thing that made me realise this wasn't the case that night was the penalty save.

At one point, around 6-3 or 6-4 I think, Maka was warming up as he was limping around.

In no way do I think Maka was a decent standard of keeper but by **** he'd have been able to keep their last few out. One of the many terrible tactical decisions Yogi made. :brickwall

Speedway
19-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Ultimately I think, that the release of Smith is only going to serve to give CC fewer goalkeepers to choose from in the remaining fixtures.

Col2
19-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Good summary. If we bring in say 5 and most or all are good pedigree/experience then the comparison to 1st January 2011 will be startling. We need a quality striker or two, someone with pace on wing and a quality centre half.

Something like:-

Sutton, occonnor, sproule, defender

mon the cabbage
19-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank **** for that:party:

Jonnyboy
19-04-2011, 09:56 PM
At one point, around 6-3 or 6-4 I think, Maka was warming up as he was limping around.

In no way do I think Maka was a decent standard of keeper but by **** he'd have been able to keep their last few out. One of the many terrible tactical decisions Yogi made. :brickwall

:agree: :top marks

Minder
19-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Totally agree. He should be charged for crimes against football.

I remain utterly convinced he did his level best to throw that 6-6 game.

Nothing will convince me otherwise, should have ben let go last summer.

BEEJ
20-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Duffy seems to be on his way soon.

Duffy's Hibs future in doubt
Darryl Duffy last night admitted he expects to join the long list of Hibs players heading for the exit door this summer as manager Colin Calderwood's rebuilding job continues. The striker, who agreed a season-long loan move from Bristol Rovers in August, has revealed he is searching for a new club having not been offered anything by Hibs. He said: "I've not spoken to the boss in a few months so I don't know what's going on." (Daily Record)

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6755027.jp

Less fortunate perhaps than others in the squad, to the extent that he's still very much an unknown quantity. However, I doubt that many will shed a tear.

smurf
20-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't care who is emptied. Just let CC put his team on the park and judge him accordingly.

The more out and in the better.

Speedway
20-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Squad List

1 Graham Stack
2 Michael Hart
6 Ian Murray
8 Ricardo Vaz Te
9 Colin Nish
10 Derek Riordan
11 John Rankin
13 Thomas Flynn
14 Francis Dickoh
15 Steven Thicot
16 Lewis Stevenson
18 Akpo Sodje
19 Darryl Duffy
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon
21 Graeme Smith
22 Daniel Galbraith
23 Valdas Trakys
24 David Wotherspoon
25 David Stephens
26 Matt Thornhill
27 Lewis Horner
28 Callum Booth
30 Scott Taggart
31 Mark Brown
33 Liam Miller
34 Richie Towell
(on loan from Celtic )
41 Jakub Divis
44 Martin Scott
91 Victor Palsson

We;ve still got plenty of players for next season. Hardly need to sign anyone.

Brown

Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Palsson
Wotherspoon
Thornhill

Sodje
Galbraith

Subs:

Divis
Horner
Taggart
Smith
Murray

By the way, Kurtis Byrne and Ed De Graaf are no longer listed on the official site

RIP
20-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Duffy seems to be on his way soon.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6755027.jp

Less fortunate perhaps than others in the squad, to the extent that he's still very much an unknown quantity. However, I doubt that many will shed a tear.

Not spoken to the boss in a FEW MONTHS?

Great team building there - not? :confused:

Speedway
20-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Not spoken to the boss in a FEW MONTHS?

Great team building there - not? :confused:

About his contract ya galoot.

It's hard to tell someone to go and warm up and give them their instructions when they are coming into a match without actually speaking to them.