PDA

View Full Version : NHC Panorama - Notts County

Minder
18-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Has anyone watched this? Con man bought Notts County for a quid pretending to represent an Arab with millions who would invest in club, instead run up massive debts and then bought into a bank (Sounds familiar). Turned out had no money at all and the Arab was another conman. Fascinating story. The bloke did look a lot like David Duff.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Has anyone watched this? Con man bought Notts County for a quid pretending to represent an Arab with millions who would invest in club, instead run up massive debts and then bought into a bank (Sounds familiar). Turned out had no money at all and the Arab was another conman. Fascinating story. The bloke did look a lot like David Duff.

What channel was it on and when? Would like to see it if repeated or if it's on BBCi Player.

Cheers.

Minder
18-04-2011, 08:26 PM
What channel was it on and when? Would like to see it if repeated or if it's on BBCi Player.

Cheers.
Just been on BBC 1 in Yorkshire 8.30 to 9.

Matty_Jack04
18-04-2011, 08:47 PM
watched this aswel, im still amazed by it all, never knew the whole story with county just thought the money men grew tired and left.

Even more outrageous is sven saying he was in north korea watching the guys sell shares or something...... Alot of dodgyness involved there

heretoday
18-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I liked Sven faced with an unpaid milk bill! Come a long way since managing England and Man City!

iwasthere1972
18-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Just been on BBC 1 in Yorkshire 8.30 to 9.

Cheers. I see it's being repeated on BBC News at 4.30am on Thursday and will be available on the BBC iPlayer shortly afterwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010p00r/Panorama_The_Trillion_Dollar_ConMan/

Minder
19-04-2011, 07:43 PM
This programme is a must watch for all Yams who think owning a bank uderpins the empire. I suppose the Huns should watch as well -exactly who is Craig White:devil:

Thank god for STF :not worth