PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Move To Fife (New Managing Director and Executive Director Positions Created)

Speedway
18-04-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110418/club-update_2262950_2341639

Twiglet
18-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Ha ha. Was so confused for a minute there.

PaulSmith
18-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Speedway, maybe change the heading here as I think that what has been announced is pretty significant.

Less day to day role again for RP and the new role for Scott Lindsay could be inferred as a Director of Football.

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe Fife will take some time now in BTG speaking to punters with concerns about how that shambles of a place is run instead of "sprinting" through there like a bat out of hell to the west stand where the paying punters are lunching.

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Speedway, maybe change the heading here as I think that what has been announced is pretty significant.

Less day to day role again for RP and the new role for Scott Lindsay could be inferred as a Director of Football.

Agree. I wasn't going to read this thread but pleased I did.

The club have to be applauded regarding the increased use of the suites within the stadium for seminars etc. I was there for a kids CD launch of all things a couple of years ago and know teachers and other professionals who've used the facilities and been impressed. All this from small scale to large brings money into the club and anything that maximizes revenue to strengthen the team on the pitch is welcome. The move to increase revenue from East Mains is good news too.

Given the state of our current squad and the huge turnaround in playing staff in the close season, a full-time 'Executive Director in Charge of Football Administration' (corporate gobbledygook for getting the players CC wants) is a step forward and Lindsay will be a busy man.

Mikey
18-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Certainly sounds as though Scott will be taking on Rod's role and Fife will be taking the day to day admin of the club from Scott.

Not convinced Scott could be described as a DOF though. He'll cut the deals but it'll be CC who takes the players names to him.

Speedway
18-04-2011, 08:27 PM
The title has been altered for me!

It'll be interesting to see how SL's reputation for doing a deal compares with RP's.

Also, what does RP do for Hibs now?

Mikey
18-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Yep, would be interesting to know what his role is now.

Speedway
18-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Yep, would be interesting to know what his role is now.

Presumably, it is to manage the club's overall strategy and provide guidance to the two new executive positions (which is equal to just one Rod historically) whilst continuing to be our influence in the SFA/SPL executive boards.

BEEJ
18-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Certainly sounds as though Scott will be taking on Rod's role and Fife will be taking the day to day admin of the club from Scott.

It'll be interesting to see how SL's reputation for doing a deal compares with RP's.

Key passage from the item on the official site:

By the start of next season, a phased change will see the role of Chief Executive and also that of Commercial & Communications Director replaced by that of Managing Director and Executive Director.

So it seems that RP has one more transfer window in which to weave his magic spells over players, agents and football clubs the length and breadth of the country. :wink:

SL to handle transfer negotiations from January 2012, perhaps?

Pete70
18-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Read it here

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110418/club-update_2262950_2341639

bighairyfaeleith
18-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Sounds like they are making a clear definition between the stadium business and the football team. Makes sense that the football team has it's own people supporting it while the stadium with it's various sources of revenue(functions, hibs shop etc) has it's team dedicated to maximising it's potential.

Be interesting to see what sort or benefits it brings for the club long term.

A cynical person might say that the board want someone senior down at the training ground to keep an eye on our bad boy players ofcourse:wink:

snooky
18-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Tak a lang spoon if your dining wi' a Fifer - old adage. :wink:

danofire
18-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe Fife will take some time now in BTG speaking to punters with concerns about how that shambles of a place is run instead of "sprinting" through there like a bat out of hell to the west stand where the paying punters are lunching.

TBF to Fife, I emailed him a few months ago 'voicing my concerns' at the state of things at ER and how the board were running the club. He invited me in for a chat to discuss those concerns. The outcome of that chat aside, I was pleased that he did take the time out on matchday (a couple of hours before kick off) to sit down for an hour with me to discuss things.

:top marks

lucky
18-04-2011, 11:17 PM
How much is this going to cost? And if RP has less of a role will his salary decrease if the others increase?
I'm not having a go at the board but it seems a fairly big change in remits. As such does it come with a price tag

Removed
18-04-2011, 11:18 PM
TBF to Fife, I emailed him a few months ago 'voicing my concerns' at the state of things at ER and how the board were running the club. He invited me in for a chat to discuss those concerns. The outcome of that chat aside, I was pleased that he did take the time out on matchday (a couple of hours before kick off) to sit down for an hour with me to discuss things.

So what was the outcome of the chat?

The_Sauz
19-04-2011, 12:35 AM
I have a feeling RP is going to be more involved with the SFA/SPL next season, and that why the club have put this restructure in place...:agree:

The_Sauz
19-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Yogie got the sack :greengrin

RIP
19-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Fife is a really good experienced marketing entrepreneur - was he not Chief Exec of Platinum One before he came to HFC?

I think it's great that he is 'Mr Matchday' and Scott is 'Mr Football Operations'. In any contact I've had, I've been highly impressed with both guys. We've been looking for signs for ages of more focus on the results on the park. I like the sound of this restructure - can't articulate specifically why yet.

Maybe it's about playing people in the positions where they will add most value?

MyJo
19-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Its basically creating two divisions within the Hibernian "business". Footballing operations which is focused on putting a successful team on the park aiming for sporting success and the Admin operations which is maximising the club's revenue sources such as the stadium, corporate events, matchday experience, merchandise, etc etc.

Dare i say it but could this mean that any revenue generated from "footballing operations" in future will remain within "footballing operations" thanks to the completion of all infastructure projects that will now be managed and, i assume, self-sufficient on the income generated by them as part of the Admin side of the business.

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 01:33 PM
TBF to Fife, I emailed him a few months ago 'voicing my concerns' at the state of things at ER and how the board were running the club. He invited me in for a chat to discuss those concerns.The outcome of that chat aside, I was pleased that he did take the time out on matchday (a couple of hours before kick off) to sit down for an hour with me to discuss things.

So in one ear and out the other?

Also someone in the last couple of posts called Fife, "Mr Matchday". I'll reserve judgement on that one.

Hibiza
19-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Sir Tom. invincible.

NYHibby
19-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Am I the only one reading this as less than a promotion for Scott? He went from being Fife's boss to losing responsibility for a significant part of the club's operations. Maybe he is taking over some of player signing duties from Rod but he has clearly just had his responsibilities cut.

Westie1875
19-04-2011, 06:26 PM

So in one ear and out the other?

Also someone in the last couple of posts called Fife, "Mr Matchday". I'll reserve judgement on that one.

Given the issue you seem to have with the matchday experience and BTG, have you tried contacting him yourself to make a complaint? :confused:

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Given the issue you seem to have with the matchday experience and BTG, have you tried contacting him yourself to make a complaint? :confused:
Yes, that's all in hand thanks.

bighairyfaeleith
19-04-2011, 06:42 PM

I bet!!

Westie1875
19-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Good to hear, if more folk who aren't satisfied let the club know then there is more chance of something being done about it IMO.

Removed
19-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Good to hear, if more folk who aren't satisfied let the club know then there is more chance of something being done about it IMO.

I'm patiently waiting on the fans forums :I'm waiti

Luna_Asylum
19-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Am I the only one reading this as less than a promotion for Scott? He went from being Fife's boss to losing responsibility for a significant part of the club's operations. Maybe he is taking over some of player signing duties from Rod but he has clearly just had his responsibilities cut.

I think he is getting lined up to take over from Rod who seems destined to be a big wig in SPL/SFA. They have finished the ground now and east mains & got a decent new sponsor so seems smart timing to let ScottL learn more about what goes on at the training ground. Could be good for dicipline and seems like quite a good plan to me.

danofire
19-04-2011, 08:31 PM

3 hours later we beat St Mirren and went on a run of 5 wins.

You're welcome!

:flag:

danofire
19-04-2011, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=ArabHibee;2783223]So in one ear and out the other?

Probably, but do you really think posting negative, unproductive, moans on hibs.net about the state of things is going to achieve any more than actually DOING SOMETHING about it? Like maybe contact him directly, as I did, and actually have the conviction of your whinge to put your points across directly?

No, didnt think so (and looking forward to your next uplifting reply to this. NOT).

Also, he did tell me that he would answer any email or phone call from any fan, so go on - get in touch with him!

ArabHibee
19-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Probably, but do you really think posting negative, unproductive, moans on hibs.net about the state of things is going to achieve any more than actually DOING SOMETHING about it? Like maybe contact him directly, as I did, and actually have the conviction of your whinge to put your points across directly?

No, didnt think so (and looking forward to your next uplifting reply to this. NOT).

Also, he did tell me that he would answer any email or phone call from any fan, so go on - get in touch with him!

:faf: check you out, are you the negative post police? I'll post what I damn well feel like posting, as long as its in the rules of the forum. If I think someone is an erchie, then I'll say so and that's my opinion.
If you'd taken time to read the thread you'll have seen someone else asked me the same question about contacting the club with my concerns and I replied to that. So time to get off your high horse and cool your jets.
And why don't you tell us what you discussed with Fife because you infer in your first post that he didn't give you the answer you were looking for. Someone's already asked you and you gave them a smart alec answer.

Removed
19-04-2011, 09:29 PM

Don't worry, Fife will be looking in.

Post #28 :aok:

Speedway
19-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Basically, I think High-Fiveland has been given the full commercial portfolio with the brief 'Go bring in the cash and give it to Scott'

SL's job is then to be the new P-Rod for CC to sign VT PDQ.