Announced the same Hamilton player coming off for two subtistutions

Clearly lacks match practice:greengrin

Removed
17-04-2011, 11:23 PM
He clapped Hasselbank of though so must have a bit of class :rolleyes:

Prefer him to that knob Gavin Pearson any day

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 11:40 PM
The guy was totally lost, by the end of the game, i had no idea who was on the pitch. Im surprised he didnt say welcome to Hibernian's game against falkirk with the day he had.

Bayern Bru
17-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Never liked Pearson but this guy is absolutely honking.

A few weeks back I remember him starting the team with "Wearing number 1, it's number 31 Marrrrrk Broooooown!"

You couldn't invent it.

And his pathetic call-to-arms of "The teams...are ready. The twelfth man...is ready. Let's seeeee...the HIBEES BOUNCE!" is cringeworthy.

More so when he yelled it at about 800 fans at the Bohs friendly. :rolleyes:

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:11 AM

A few weeks back I remember him starting the team with "Wearing number 1, it's number 31 Marrrrrk Broooooown!"

You couldn't invent it.

And his pathetic call-to-arms of "The teams...are ready. The twelfth man...is ready. Let's seeeee...the HIBEES BOUNCE!" is cringeworthy.

I cringed the first week, now I just laugh at it. Apparently there was a selection process. If he was the best imagine what the others were like!!!

And on a related topic - whatever happened to the so called "matchday experience manager" position I wonder?

How about some more fans forums Fife so we can discuss things we can actually influence as supporters? There is far too much about the club that is cringeworthy these days imo.

CB_NO3
18-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Made more mistakes than the team

Hamilton Athletic!

Announced Stephens instead of Stevenson

Announced the same Hamilton player coming off for two subtistutions

Clearly lacks match practice:greengrin

Hopefully he gets a good pre season under his belt.

DaveF
18-04-2011, 06:25 AM
The guy certainly had a shocker. Sounds very much like he reads from a (badly worded) script and I predict he'll be in the same contract renewal group as Nish, Rankin et al.....

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 10:56 AM
As I said before i went for this job and i really wanted it I met with both Elaine and Russel for two hrs. I do agree he is not the best I can asure you I am not that bad and can not belive i did not get the job but thats the way it is.

I spoke with Russel yesterday and asked when i could get a shot he told me they where happy with Tony and the feed back they got was good . I was a bit embarased as i sad he was awful and pointed out a few of his mistakes Hibernain calley was one team he used one week.

Tony was good on the radio and when he reads the birthdays etc he is very good he is not a stadium annoucer tho or a hibby and that comes over during the games.

Jones28
18-04-2011, 11:37 AM
the team introduction...it gets worse and worse every time.
Also, since when did hibs have a mascot?! I knew it was used for kids and stuff but why does it have to come onto the pitch?!

Removed
18-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Also, since when did hibs have a mascot?! I knew it was used for kids and stuff but why does it have to come onto the pitch?!

:agree: Hopefully only because it was a Hibs kids day :pray:

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 11:58 AM
As I said before i went for this job and i really wanted it I met with both Elaine and Russel for two hrs. I do agree he is not the best I can asure you I am not that bad and can not belive i did not get the job but thats the way it is.
I spoke with Russel yesterday and asked when i could get a shot he told me they where happy with Tony and the feed back they got was good . I was a bit embarased as i sad he was awful and pointed out a few of his mistakes Hibernain calley was one team he used one week.
Tony was good on the radio and when he reads the birthdays etc he is very good he is not a stadium annoucer tho or a hibby and that comes over during the games.

I'm not being funny but you speaking to Russell is just going to sound like sour grapes to him as you never got offered the job. Who Russell is getting the 'good feedback' from is anyone's guess but you should get a few random folk you to email the club and say he is rank (if they feel like that). Or start a poll on here, see what the feedback is to that and then let Russell know so that he can have a perusal?

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Tony who?

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Tony who?

blackburn :dunno:

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 12:31 PM
tony o donnell thats our announcer

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 12:38 PM
tony o donnell thats our announcer
Radio Tay's Tony O'Donnell?

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Radio Tay's Tony O'Donnell?

Is there another one like :dunno:

soupy
18-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Maybe someone heard ye say cc never had a clue and it went against you. :):)

happiehibbie
18-04-2011, 01:02 PM
footie its all about opinions

silverhibee
18-04-2011, 01:23 PM

A few weeks back I remember him starting the team with "Wearing number 1, it's number 31 Marrrrrk Broooooown!"You couldn't invent it.

:faf:

Bayern Bru
18-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Is there another one like :dunno:

There's only one Tony O'Donnell.

Ah, sh*t...
:greengrin

3pm
18-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I think once we know who is leaving in the summer it'll make sense. Evidently he has played for 3 clubs this season and is clearly keeping the microphone warm until he is announced as our new 1st choice goalkeeper on 1 July. Microphone to be passed to Bolton Hibs who on announcing the team on the 1st day of the season will murmur 'waank' after he announces Vaz Te is in the starting line up. Happyhibbie still questioning Hibernian's recruitment policy because he never got the nod. 'I spent 2 hours with Russell' when we all know good interviews last 3 hours.

Removed
18-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd give the job to :slipper:

That would be entertaining and he'd be better than Tony imo.

happiehibbie
19-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I think once we know who is leaving in the summer it'll make sense. Evidently he has played for 3 clubs this season and is clearly keeping the microphone warm until he is announced as our new 1st choice goalkeeper on 1 July. Microphone to be passed to Bolton Hibs who on announcing the team on the 1st day of the season will murmur 'waank' after he announces Vaz Te is in the starting line up. Happyhibbie still questioning Hibernian's recruitment policy because he never got the nod. 'I spent 2 hours with Russell' when we all know good interviews last 3 hours.

your right am not bitter honest lol

BroxburnHibee
19-04-2011, 01:17 PM

:top marks

FromTheCapital
19-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Now! Let's see the Hibees-Bounce!

:rolleyes:

I Love Lamp
21-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I think we need a new one - we can use Go Compere.com to check the market :wink:

.Sean.
21-04-2011, 08:55 AM
What happened to that Gavin boy?

The new dude is pish too - Grant Stott should be offered the gig.