PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Lets hope Calderwood saw enough today and at Celtic Park last week to forget any ideas about offering this guy a contract .

frazeHFC
17-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Certainly not what i expected, especially after the way he played against Bohemians. Keep Sodje, would like to see Deek stay just because of the obvious although i would not be overly bothered if he left, and then get rid of every other striker.

Not Hibs class.

Removed
17-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Certainly not what i expected, especially after the way he played against Bohemians. Keep Sodje, would like to see Deek stay just because of the obvious although i would not be overly bothered if he left, and then get rid of every other striker.

Not Hibs class.

What obvious :confused:

hibee92
17-04-2011, 07:25 PM
have to disagree, i think the guy has bags of potential and will come good after he's settled in. :agree:

just_joe
17-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I really don't rate this guy at all. Think it's a waste of wages bringing players like him in. If Booth is an example of the youth set-up we have at the moment then I think that's the first place Calderwood should look.

haddington 1875
17-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Are you reffering to the same Booth who i think won man of the match today

random sub
17-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I think he would be a frustrating player to watch next season if he did sign longer term. Hot/ cold, bothered/not bothered etc....doesn't seem to have that character to really be a star in the SPL

Jonnyboy
17-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Waste of a jersey

R'Albin
17-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you reffering to the same Booth who i think won man of the match today

I think he means we should be looking towards our youth, if so I agree, booth looks a fantastic prospect:agree:

Diclonius
17-04-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.snspix.com/4724164/print/4724164.html

Get him signed up Colin.

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2011, 08:19 PM
:faf: What a load of ****. Give the guy a chance ffs

KWJ
17-04-2011, 08:21 PM
:faf: What a load of ****. Give the guy a chance ffs

whs. I reckon there is a player in there. He won't be used to this run of games and is probably still way short of fitness.

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 10:31 PM
To me he doesn't look entirely fit. We haven't seen the speed that he is acclaimed with and today he was very very poor. His positional work was terrible, he didn't make the runs for a possible give and go and he certainly didn't contribute to the defence.

To be fair to the guy though, he hasn't got that many games under the belt for us and maybe theres a lot more to come next season once he's got a pre-season under his belt and learns more about the team. We have to remember we brought in a lot of first team players in january and they are still getting to know each others capabilities.

smurf
17-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Waste of a jersey

And a wage.

hibee92
17-04-2011, 10:59 PM
5 games and being hounded out already. ffs.

Steve20
18-04-2011, 06:51 AM
He has been better than Riordan recently. Should we just get rid of him too then?

hibsbollah
18-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Burn the witch...

Juice-Terry
18-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Not sure whether we should keep him or not, but he was RANK yesterday.

'Mon the Cabbage!

erin go bragh
18-04-2011, 09:09 AM
did he not score against hearts :confused: whats wrong with folk on here or is vaz te next seasons nish for the boo boys
ggtth

Brooster
18-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Vaz Te is slower than a week in Saughton and never even went near one 50/50 all day, thanks but no thanks.

.Sean.
18-04-2011, 09:32 AM
5 games and being hounded out already. ffs.The 'hibs.net way' Aaron mate.

Had a handful of games but some on here deem him not good enough. Deary me give the boy a chance.

Stevie Reid
18-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Given the fact that he seems to have very quick feet and is good in the air (though he missed a good headed chance yesterday), I wonder if being played wide left might be a good option - he would seem to be able to go either side and I could imagine him linking up well with Booth. Would be a good back post aeriel threat as well, especially against the smaller full backs in the SPL.

fife hfc
18-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I thought he was very poor yesterday and I would have hooked him at half time. We have changed our system, what was working to accomodate him. I would have either Deek or Vaz Te upfront with Sodjie rather than trying to accomodate both. Vaz Te looks totally lost in the position he is getting asked to play at the moment and we have lost fight in midfield as a result.

It is having a detrimental effect on the whole team and we need to go back to the system that was bringing us victories and forget trying to accomodate Deek and Vaz Te.

moredun
18-04-2011, 11:20 AM
He has been better than Riordan recently. Should we just get rid of him too then?

Certainly not in the games i have watched, Vaz te will not be here next season , you can see he thinks he is above us, i just don't see anything there, get rid, waste of a wage and a jersey imo.

Even a way off form deeks is better than Vaz te

moredun
18-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought he was very poor yesterday and I would have hooked him at half time. We have changed our system, what was working to accomodate him. I would have either Deek or Vaz Te upfront with Sodjie rather than trying to accomodate both. Vaz Te looks totally lost in the position he is getting asked to play at the moment and we have lost fight in midfield as a result.

It is having a detrimental effect on the whole team and we need to go back to the system that was bringing us victories and forget trying to accomodate Deek and Vaz Te.

IMO he was the main reason we were overrun yesterday, never tried a leg.
Not interested in seeing him at ER next year, 5 games or not, you can see how "interested" he is at being here.

Riordan is an athlete compared to this pre-madonna

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2011, 11:28 AM
5 games and being hounded out already. ffs.

There's mounting pressure on an embryo as well apparently - just not going to make the grade in a hibs jersey in 18 years time.

Some sort of minority type technology foresees it some say. ;)

Golden Bear
18-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Offering a short term contract until the end of the season was a very wise move.

If Mr Vaz Te really wants to be at Easter Road next season then it's up to him to prove himself and he didn't do himself any favours yesterday.

At the very least, he should have been hungry for the ball but I got the impression he couldnae be ersed - just like a few of his teammates.

The_Horde
18-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd give him a 2 year contract.

There is a player in there, he just needs a bit of coaching. He would benefit from playing on the last defender and running the channels, he has the pace but is wasting it by coming short and trying to be Ronaldinho too often when he could be terrorising defenders with his quick feet and pace.

I don't think we have much to lose with him, and on top of this he hates that gorgie mob.:greengrin

Franck is God
18-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure about Vaz Te either but I've seen one or two things that suggest he has more to offer.

We did play a slightly different system yesterday to try and allow him and Riordan to float about behind Sodje which I don't think worked very well. They both had excellent opportunities in the first half to play each other in for a chance and neither of them played the pass which I didn't like at all.

He has five more games to convince the manager he's worth a deal, its up to him now.

jonny
18-04-2011, 12:00 PM
IMO he was the main reason we were overrun yesterday, never tried a leg.
Not interested in seeing him at ER next year, 5 games or not, you can see how "interested" he is at being here.

Riordan is an athlete compared to this pre-madonna

Were we? I can't say I seen much of that.
What I saw yesterday was a team that only had 1 shot on target manage to score 2 goals against a team that had about 10 shots on target and manage only 1.
We didnt get the rub of the green and a combination of a couple of defensive lapses and poor finishing effectively cost us the game. I thought overall Hibs looked quite comfortable in the midfield.

I do agree that Vaz Te had a bit of a shocker but wont judge the guy on a couple of iffy performances - I'd be happy to see him playing regularly until the end of the season to see if he's going to offer more than he's shown so far.

NYHibby
18-04-2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.snspix.com/4724164/print/4724164.html

Get him signed up Colin.

That site has a great picture of the guy who was running around on the pitch during the derby.

http://www.snspix.com/image/4726331_4726331.jpg

.Sean.
18-04-2011, 12:16 PM
What an utter ****ing Jambo mutant.

Hank Schrader
18-04-2011, 12:19 PM
That site has a great picture of the guy who was running around on the pitch during the derby.

So thats what "Le Chat" looks like without his pishy baseball cap and FTH placard.

Bookkeeper
18-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure about Vaz Te either but I've seen one or two things that suggest he has more to offer.

We did play a slightly different system yesterday to try and allow him and Riordan to float about behind Sodje which I don't think worked very well. They both had excellent opportunities in the first half to play each other in for a chance and neither of them played the pass which I didn't like at all.

He has five more games to convince the manager he's worth a deal, its up to him now.

:agree: I thought this as well at first, but I also thought it of O'Brien, Gow and De Graaf. Suspect he flatters to deceive and I think unless Calderwood uses him as a back-up forward, he''l be away end of the season.

Also think we have to be more practical for playing in this league. We need a strong midfield and we shouldn't be trying to accommodate playing a Riordan and a Vaz te, who offer little defensively. I hope Calderwood was experimenting again and just underestimated Hamilton and our propensity for crap defending.

hibsbollah
18-04-2011, 12:24 PM

You can tell what team he supports just by looking at him.

Black Kyle
18-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Missed a few chances yesterday but with his history and potential surely worth getting signed up for 2-3 years and become another selling asset for Mr P assuming he produces the goods in terms of dosh for salary and on the pitch?

Remember he's only been here a few weeks and won't be fit / match fit. IMO he's showed more in the last 2 home games than a certain DR and I don't hear a clamour about the recent performances of Mr Palsson after an impressive first few games.

Lay off until he at least has a fair chance, what a bunch of whingers and quick to judge folk we can be.........

hibee1994
18-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Im sure the guy on the left is Bobby Williamson, must be his part time job when he's not managing uganda :greengrin

seven nowt
18-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Whats this pash about Vaz Te not being good enough? I think he's a great player. He'll become one of our best soon enough.

And Booth has won Man of the Match about every time he plays. He looks brilliant.

since90plustwo
18-04-2011, 01:44 PM
judge him at the end o the season. not after 5 games or whatever, he scored against hearts set up a vital goal against aberdeen. hes been without a cub for months so give the guy a break! hes been poor a few times but others have been worse

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2011, 01:52 PM
So thats what "Le Chat" looks like without his pishy baseball cap and FTH placard.

Scarcely recognised the chap, without the eight-year-old attached.

moredun
18-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Were we? I can't say I seen much of that.
What I saw yesterday was a team that only had 1 shot on target manage to score 2 goals against a team that had about 10 shots on target and manage only 1.
We didnt get the rub of the green and a combination of a couple of defensive lapses and poor finishing effectively cost us the game. I thought overall Hibs looked quite comfortable in the midfield.

I do agree that Vaz Te had a bit of a shocker but wont judge the guy on a couple of iffy performances - I'd be happy to see him playing regularly until the end of the season to see if he's going to offer more than he's shown so far.

Well in the first half you were watching a completely different game from what myself and mate watched then.

We should have been 4 down in the first half.
But we were the better team:faf:

What you say you saw, i did as well, but only in the second half, when the game should have been out of our reach.
But each to their own

jonny
18-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Well in the first half you were watching a completely different game from what myself and mate watched then.

We should have been 4 down in the first half.
But we were the better team:faf:

What you say you saw, i did as well, but only in the second half, when the game should have been out of our reach.
But each to their own

4 down in the first half!? They only had 1 shot on target... The 2nd goal was a complete fluke and other than Hasselbanks miss they didn't look very dangerous at all.
We had hard lines IMO and I'm not too dispondant about the end result.

I think that CC has vastly improved the team and have every faith that he will do so even further in the summer. I think the midfield has looked quite good in recent weeks and I've been particularly impressed with Liam Miller's recent performances. I dont think the defeat yesterday was down to the midfield being over run - more so that the defence switched off a couple of times.

moredun
18-04-2011, 04:47 PM
4 down in the first half!? They only had 1 shot on target... The 2nd goal was a complete fluke and other than Hasselbanks miss they didn't look very dangerous at all.
We had hard lines IMO and I'm not too dispondant about the end result.

I think that CC has vastly improved the team and have every faith that he will do so even further in the summer. I think the midfield has looked quite good in recent weeks and I've been particularly impressed with Liam Miller's recent performances. I dont think the defeat yesterday was down to the midfield being over run - more so that the defence switched off a couple of times.

Well we lost 2 and they missed an absolute sitter as you say, there is 3 for a start and they also came close a couple of other times, before we even turned up!!

degenerated
18-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Well we lost 2 and they missed an absolute sitter as you say, there is 3 for a start and they also came close a couple of other times, before we even turned up!!

do you only count misses from them as could have beens and not those from hibs? surely if you want to make claims like that then you should really count the 15 or 16 attempts on target that hibs had and the 9 that were off target as well. so by applying your logic (?) we really should have won 25 - 5.

me, i'll go for the fact that we were absolutely honking in the first half and conceded two sloppy goals whilst we were also pretty unfortunate not to score a few more in the second half of a game, that if we are honest, means the square root of f all.

grantonhibee
18-04-2011, 05:27 PM
He has yet to settle imo , could be a good asset to the team when 100% a think

moredun
18-04-2011, 06:46 PM
do you only count misses from them as could have beens and not those from hibs? surely if you want to make claims like that then you should really count the 15 or 16 attempts on target that hibs had and the 9 that were off target as well. so by applying your logic (?) we really should have won 25 - 5.

me, i'll go for the fact that we were absolutely honking in the first half and conceded two sloppy goals whilst we were also pretty unfortunate not to score a few more in the second half of a game, that if we are honest, means the square root of f all.

Jesus christ, have you read the whole thread?

I am talking about the first half.
Going by my logic it should have been about 8-4, if you include the second half performance, but i wasn't.
My point was we could have been 4 down before we even turned up!!!

Exactly
We were unfortunate to not score more in the second half, as they were fortunate for a goal and unfortunate (or gash) to not score a couple more in the first half, which makes my point kinda valid that we could've been 4 down before we even turned up

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Whats this pash about Vaz Te not being good enough? I think he's a great player. He'll become one of our best soon enough.

And Booth has won Man of the Match about every time he plays. He looks brilliant.

:jamboclow

tamig
18-04-2011, 08:43 PM

Disagree. Think we missed Thornhill yesterday - and that's why we were lacking in midfield yesterday. Nothing to do with Vaz Te having to be accommodated.

hibeemarley
18-04-2011, 09:07 PM
5 games and folk are calling for his head. Typical of a hibs.net witchhunt

I watched this guy quite closely when he came on as my mates a Bolton fan who said he rated him highly. He missed placed 1 pass that I can remember and scored a great goal against the Jambos. Not bad imo! Even more so that he seemed composed during that game when he seems clearly lacking match fitness.

He has a bad game against hamilton, fair enough, but he wasn't the only one. Hibs were awful and left it until the last dying moments of the game to stage an attack.

He needs a chance to get to know his team and for CC to fit him in properally.

ps anyone know if that horrible jambo in the yellow top got a ban?

Removed
18-04-2011, 10:08 PM
5 games and folk are calling for his head. Typical of a hibs.net witchhunt

How can you call for someones head when they are on a short term contract? :confused:

And it's a witchhunt is it :faf: Now who is overreacting :rolleyes:

moggie
19-04-2011, 05:17 AM
When was the last player to come in and have a slow start then turn it all around to be a pretty decent player, i cant think of one. I cant see much in this guy at all, a poor mans benji :whistle:

brydekirk
19-04-2011, 06:55 AM
:agree:

since90plustwo
19-04-2011, 10:42 AM
When was the last player to come in and have a slow start then turn it all around to be a pretty decent player, i cant think of one. I cant see much in this guy at all, a poor mans benji :whistle:

stokes didnt score his third goal for use 3 months in...

Hibernian Verse
19-04-2011, 11:06 AM
stokes didnt score his third goal for use 3 months in...

He didn't have a slow start though. He still contributed a lot IIRC.

since90plustwo
19-04-2011, 11:24 AM
he was still pretty poor, but did make a contribution, vaz te has also made a contribution

Andy74
19-04-2011, 11:30 AM
He was pretty poor at the weekend but still had some really nice touches.

Other than that game he's done well though. I don't think the position he played at the weekend helped and the fact most of the team were in holiday mode.

Palsson's contribution is being to irritate me more. Showed plenty of ability and fight in his early games and now just seems to stroll about.