PDA

View Full Version : Question Hasselbank (merged)

duffers
17-04-2011, 04:26 PM
More for curiousity than anything else, but why did he get such a good reception when he went off?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Maybe because his work rate amounted to more than Vaz Te, Sodje and Deek's combined effort? :confused:

3pm
17-04-2011, 04:28 PM
He signed at half time.

soupy
I was wondering why masel.

marinello59
Football fans showing appreciation for a footballer in the SPL who actually played in an entertaining manner? :dunno:

johnbc70
17-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Just appreciated a good performance.

Perspective
17-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Good to see.
The guy doesn't score many goals but has a great first touch, works defences and brings others into play.
Sodje apart, our strikers could learn a thing or two from him.

Diclonius
17-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone think he could be worth taking a look at signing?

IWasThere2016
17-04-2011, 04:36 PM
He signed at half time.

Brilliant! :faf:

Capt Mainwaring
17-04-2011, 04:42 PM
He was the best player on the park by mile and his workrate put most of our team of lazy sods to shame!

I happily clapped in appreciation of someone who turned up for work and did a good job.

.Sean.
17-04-2011, 04:43 PM
He was fantastic. A breath of fresh air in this league full to the brim with long-ball huddies and hatchet men.

Andy74
17-04-2011, 04:43 PM
He was the best player on the park by mile and his workrate put most of our team of lazy sods to shame!

I happily clapped in appreciation of someone who turned up for work and did a good job.

Me too. If we are ever in for him he might remember!

O'Rourke3
17-04-2011, 04:46 PM

and me

lucky
17-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I clapped because he played very well and showed great spirit and yes I would take him at ER.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Up front on his own he put in a good shift, unlike the most of our lot.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I was relieved when he went off. He was a tricky wee player to handle.

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2011, 05:26 PM
More for curiousity than anything else, but why did he get such a good reception when he went off?

For the sitter he missed from 8 yards.

Removed
17-04-2011, 05:28 PM

His acting ability after he went down at the FF/west corner with a blood curdling scream and did about 6 rollovers.

random sub
17-04-2011, 06:30 PM
good player and his performance deserved applause- thought it was a good touch from the Hibs fans.....as long as it convinces him to sign up for next season.:greengrin

We could do with his work rate and creativity- shone through, in what was a poor Hamilton team.

seanraff07
17-04-2011, 07:23 PM
We were sooking up his erse so he'll sign for us in the summer.

fife hfc
17-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Apart from his glaring miss, he done very well and would be a good signing based on the two times I have seen him. He also played well in the game at Easter Road earlier in the season. This what we lack at the moment to work off Sodjie as at the moment nobody is doing so.

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2011, 08:03 PM
good player and his performance deserved applause- thought it was a good touch from the Hibs fans.....as long as it convinces him to sign up for next season.:greengrin

We could do with his work rate and creativity- shone through, in what was a poor Hamilton team.

Being brutally honest about it, if he's the level of signing ambition the club have, CC will be sacked by Christmas. No chance he'll sign for us. We've enough forwards who can't score.

seven nowt
17-04-2011, 08:34 PM
For as good as the wee man played, how poorly did he take his interview at the end of the match? (espn)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?cc=5739

Looks a right clown! :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I'd take him....

seven nowt
17-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Click on

Murdoch: There's no pressure on us

random sub
17-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Being brutally honest about it, if he's the level of signing ambition the club have, CC will be sacked by Christmas. No chance he'll sign for us. We've enough forwards who can't score.

He'll score when he gets a team to play with!

heretoday
17-04-2011, 09:26 PM
He produced an incredible run in the first half and is obviously a busy wee player. Any relation to Jimmy Floyd? Can't be bothered googling......

iwasthere1972
17-04-2011, 09:27 PM
He produced an incrdible run in the first half and is obviously a busy wee player. Any relation to Jimmy Floyd? Can't be bothered googling......

Nephew.

Lazy sod. :greengrin

Albion Hibs
17-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I personally thought the clapping was embarrassing. A club like ours which has a section of support that refuse to get behind there own players / are happy to boo them off, on and jeer them during a game - to then clap off the opposition player was for me a joke.

Fair play to the guy, he had a good game, but cant see how that would help the mentality of our team for the remaining 10 mins, in a game we were trying to get something out of.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I personally thought the clapping was embarrassing. A club like ours which has a section of support that refuse to get behind there own players / are happy to boo them off, on and jeer them during a game - to then clap off the opposition player was for me a joke.

Fair play to the guy, he had a good game, but cant see how that would help the mentality of our team for the remaining 10 mins, in a game we were trying to get something out of.

The guy was applauded because his performance was recognised by the home fans nothing wrong in that. Embarrassing was the Hibs performance!

Removed
17-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Embarrassing!! Get a grip, the guy was applauded because his performance was recognised by the home fans nothing wrong in that. Embarrassing was the Hibs performance!

Maybe in a friendly but not a competitive game. I was totally confused at the time. I still am.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Maybe in a friendly but not a competitive game. I was totally confused at the time. I still am.

Happens plenty of times in England and always has done, I was surprised today because never really seen it up here.

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah was a bit embarrassed tbh.

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2011, 10:50 PM
He'll score when he gets a team to play with!

I'd say Riordan would benefit from better players round him too and we'd get a better goal return.

Shrekko
17-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah was a bit embarrassed tbh.

Cannae think why you'd be embarrassed tbh. One of the very few Hibs crowd reactions in recent times that actually showed a bit of class.

It was a round of applause FFS- and one that he deserved. If an opposing set of fans wants to clap one of our players off the park I won't complain- but then again when was the last time you saw one of ours show such guts and determination? There were a few lessons in there for some of ours and I don't need to go into detail.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Cannae think why you'd be embarrassed tbh. One of the very few Hibs crowd reactions in recent times that actually showed a bit of class.

It was a round of applause FFS- and one that he deserved. If an opposing set of fans wants to clap one of our players off the park I won't when was the last time you saw one of ours show such guts and determination? There were a few lessons in there for some of ours and I don't need to go not detail.

:top marks

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Look at calderwood's press conference

He's been Tangoed! :greengrin

lapsedhibee
17-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Happens plenty of times in England and always has done, I was surprised today because never really seen it up here.

I get the clapping a good goal or good performance by an opposing player; but not so sure about the sitting ovation that Jamie Carragher got at the Emirates today for being accidentally knocked out by his own team mate and stretchered off. Wotsthatforexactly? :dunno:

1two
18-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I'd say Riordan would benefit from better players round him too and we'd get a better goal return.

I'd say riordan would be better signing for Hamilton and becoming a good first division player.
Unfortunately riordan is half the player he used to be and it's got little to do with the players around him

Brizo
18-04-2011, 07:26 AM

It was a round of applause FFS- and one that he deserved. If an opposing set of fans wants to clap one of our players off the park I won't complain- but then again when was the last time you saw one of ours show such guts and determination? There were a few lessons in there for some of ours and I don't need to go not detail.

:top marks

Embarrasing was the Hibs performance particularly in the first half. Embarassing was the behaviour of some of the Hibs supporting pond life in the East last derby. Embarassing was two guys sitting behind me in the lower west yesterday who spent the whole game slagging off our players , everyone apart from their obvious favourite Deek was derided as a a useless c.

One of the very few positives to come out of the game was our support showing an appreciation of a player who showed a commitment and workrate missing in so many of our players.

StevieC
18-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Bit harsh. Possibly looks like English may not be his first language.

seven nowt
18-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Bit harsh. Possibly looks like English may not be his first language.

He looked like a lost 4 year old though. He just stood their with his mooth open and blanked live on TV. Probably will have to learn English here. :wink:

Gingertosser
18-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I applauded when he went off because as a tall dwarf he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Its called entertainment and hopefully he signs for us.
We need players like him at Hibs, even if its just to give us a glimpse, every now and again, of how football has the potential to be enjoyable.

Ritchie
18-04-2011, 09:25 AM
For as good as the wee man played, how poorly did he take his interview at the end of the match? (espn)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?cc=5739

would love to see you go and be interviewed in a non english speaking country, see how 'clownish' you'd look. :wink:

Phil MaGlass
18-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Cannae believe we have folk on here who are EMBARRASSED that an opposition player was clapped off the pitch.
I think we should be proud that we have still have fans who can enjoy players who put a shift in and who are willing to work hard for their team mates. Its what being a Hibs fan is all about, it puts us above the rest.
We still remember what good fitba is and should appreciate it. Its a pity some cant see that this is what is lacking in the modern game.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Why would anyone be embarassed by the fans giving an opposing player a decent reception when he's had a good game?

It happens quite often in other leagues, including just down the road in England. I've been to a lot of games in Spain over the years and it happens weekly in La Liga; Real Madrid fans gave Ronaldinho a standing ovation when he scored a hat trick against them whilst playing for Barca FFS.

It seems a very Scottish attitude that praising the opposition should be deemed embarassing or should be frowned upon. If someone has a good game against Hibs, scores a brilliant goal or whatever else i'll say so. I just don't see the problem with it and certainly wouldn't call it embarassing.

seven nowt
18-04-2011, 10:15 AM
would love to see you go and be interviewed in a non english speaking country, see how 'clownish' you'd look. :wink:

I would just not take the interview, it's not that hard. He made a mess. Did you not laugh a bit when you saw the interview? Lighten up mate

The Gorf
18-04-2011, 10:19 AM

I clapped him too. It was nice to see a player earning his wages by showing some passion for his employer.

silverhibee
18-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Cannae believe we have folk on here who are EMBARRASSED that an opposition player was clapped off the pitch.
I think we should be proud that we have still have fans who can enjoy players who put a shift in and who are willing to work hard for their team mates. Its what being a Hibs fan is all about, it puts us above the rest.
We still remember what good fitba is and should appreciate it. Its a pity some cant see that this is what is lacking in the modern game.

And here's me thinking Hibs fans should be showing some support to the Hibs team, getting behind the team and encouraging them on to better things, that never happened yesterday, the support in the west were quite happy to boo our team slag our players and have a go at our manager for some of the decisions that he made or didn't make, wee went a goal down and how do the supporters in the west respond, yes they start booing the team, now i know Hibs never had a good game yesterday, but wee have being going along quite well with the manager trying to turn things around this season, but our first wee blip and some fans cant wait to get on the players/ managers back and start booing them.
Now if these fans had decided to get behind the team from kick-off and give them and the manager there support then fair-do's about clapping an opposition player of the park, but they never and they gave no backing to the team, but couldn't wait to clap the wee guy of the park.
By the way i thought the wee forward had a good game in the first half against us but it was made so easier for him with some of the poor defending that was going on from our players, Hasselbank wasn't that great, he missed a tap in from about seven yards, when it was easier to score. :aok:

:cgwa

Petrie's Tache
18-04-2011, 11:04 AM
He has only scored 2 in 22 apperances. He was made to look good yesterday and for some to suggest to sign him up is laughable.:rolleyes:

Jones28
18-04-2011, 11:41 AM
i thought he was excellent and should definately be considered in the summer. Saying that, Dickoh had so many oppertunities to stick a foot in when he was running at goal.

Franck is God
18-04-2011, 11:49 AM
He played well and received a polite round of applause from the Hibs fans when he left the pitch as an apreciation of his individual performance. Nothin to get excited about in my opinion.

I was very impressed with his attitude to the game though, clearly there was a guy who was playing for his future career whether it be with Hamilton or someone else.

Not sure if I'd take him at ER though, we have too many strkers right now that can already miss clear chances from the penalty spot....

Albion Hibs
18-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I am not really fussed what other supports do in other leagues down south. I stick by what I said, for me it was embarrassing. Some decided to exert more energy cheering off an OPPOSITION player which contributed to us LOSING THE GAME! I have no doubt that action from our fans will have given the Hamilton players on the pitch a lift and was probably a right good kick in the stones for our players, just what they needed when they were trying to get a point for there team/there fans!!!!

I have no doubt it was by in large the same people that were happy to "boo" there nuts off at the hibs team at the half time whistle.

People often talk of there home ground becoming a "fortress" I think easter road could be classed as anything other than that when we are happy to hand out pats on the back to opposition players, and get stuck into our own - seems all the wrong way round. We could do with some of the getting put behind our own players, maybe especially when they are having a mare – a lot of supports seem to do that down south as well. Or perhaps this is just a new thing that we as "hibs fans" will be doing.

For those who think it was such a great thing to do and it shows so much class let me ask - would you do the same if it was Templeton, Commons, or Laferty??

ginger_rice
18-04-2011, 12:10 PM
He has only scored 2 in 22 apperances. He was made to look good yesterday and for some to suggest to sign him up is laughable.:rolleyes:

Was talking to Paul Kane about him after the game he reckons the same the wee man was made to look good by our defence, and is no great shakes up against a really competent defence, Kano also reckons we are suffering owing to the lack of an older head in central defence.

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I am not really fussed what other supports do in other leagues down south. I stick by what I said, for me it was embarrassing. Some decided to exert more energy cheering off an OPPOSITION player which contributed to us LOSING THE GAME! I have no doubt that action from our fans will have given the Hamilton players on the pitch a lift and was probably a right good kick in the stones for our players, just what they needed when they were trying to get a point for there team/there fans!!!!

I have no doubt it was by in large the same people that were happy to "boo" there nuts off at the hibs team at the half time whistle.

People often talk of there home ground becoming a "fortress" I think easter road could be classed as anything other than that when we are happy to hand out pats on the back to opposition players, and get stuck into our own - seems all the wrong way round. We could do with some of the getting put behind our own players, maybe especially when they are having a mare – a lot of supports seem to do that down south as well. Or perhaps this is just a new thing that we as "hibs fans" will be doing.

For those who think it was such a great thing to do and it shows so much class let me ask - would you do the same if it was Templeton, Commons, or Laferty??

:agree:

And your last point, no chance they would. Hypocrites :agree:

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I am not really fussed what other supports do in other leagues down south. I stick by what I said, for me it was embarrassing. Some decided to exert more energy cheering off an OPPOSITION player which contributed to us LOSING THE GAME! I have no doubt that action from our fans will have given the Hamilton players on the pitch a lift and was probably a right good kick in the stones for our players, just what they needed when they were trying to get a point for there team/there fans
I have no doubt it was by in large the same people that were happy to boo there nuts off at the hibs team at the half time whistle. People often talk of there home ground becoming a fortress I think easter road could be classed as anything other than that when we are happy to hand out pats on the back to opposition players, and get stuck into our own - seems all the wrong way round. We could do with some of the getting put behind our own players, maybe especially when they are having a mare – a lot of supports seem to do that down south as well. Or perhaps this is just a new thing that we as "hibs fans" will be doing.
Didn't see much trying going on from the majority of our players yesterday.

marinello59
18-04-2011, 12:21 PM
[FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Verdana]I am not really fussed what other supports do in other leagues down south. I stick by what I said, for me it was embarrassing. ]

Oh you poor sensitive wee soul A spontaneous outbreak of appreciation for an opposition player had you blushing. Don't worry, next week we all promise to continue our usual wallowing in the tribalistic bile and rancour that you expect from real Hibs supporters like yourself.

Albion Hibs
18-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh you poor sensitive wee soul A spontaneous outbreak of appreciation for an opposition player had you blushing. Don't worry, next week we all promise to continue our usual wallowing in the tribalistic bile and rancour that you expect from real Hibs supporters like yourself.

Alternatively we could all do something crazy like make the opposition sweat by givng them such a hard time while getting behind our own team?! Either that or super fan you will be going a step further and hanging out your "welcome to easter road" banners with the sub line "we hope you enjoy your stay, let us know if there is anything else we can do to support you / make your visit more comfortable".

Your whitty reply seems to have missed out covering my question?

Phil MaGlass
18-04-2011, 12:29 PM

And your last point, no chance they would. Hypocrites :agree:

who the r u to call me a hypocrite, nothing wrong in applauding someone who has put in a shift, also nothing wrong with booing players who arent, xcxvstebeh.

bawheid
18-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Templeton, Commons and particularly Lafferty are annoying wee scrotes. Of course they wouldn't be applauded.

Nothing wrong with appreciating a good performance.

I remember Craig Brewster getting a good reception after he'd demolished our defence playing for Aberdeen.

Think Maribor were also applauded off the park earlier in the season.

Shows a bit of class IMO.

Albion Hibs
18-04-2011, 12:34 PM
who the removed r u to call me a hypocrite, nothing wrong in applauding someone who has put in a shift, also nothing wrong with booing players who arent, xcxvstebeh.

I think 65bd as simply replying to a point / question I made - I dont think you have. But to rule you out from being a hypocrite I would be interested to hear your view?

marinello59
18-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Alternatively we could all do something crazy like make the opposition sweat by givng them such a hard time while getting behind our own team?! Either that or super fan you will be going a step further and hanging out your "welcome to easter road" banners with the sub line "we hope you enjoy your stay, let us know if there is anything else we can do to support you / make your visit more comfortable".

Your whitty reply seems to have missed out covering my question?

I ain't the one claiming to be a super fan. Quite the opposite. According to your post I contributed to the defeat.
Get behind the team? Well I suppose I could try that. Can you give lessons as to how I should behave?
It was as I said, a spontaneous outbreak of appreciation. Suggesting it wouldn't happen with the players you mentioned is probably true but who clained all crowd reactions at a fitba game should follow a logical pattern. Every game is different producing a different emotional mindset.

marinello59
18-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I think 65bd as simply replying to a point / question I made - I dont think you have. But to rule you out from being a hypocrite I would be interested to hear your view?
:faf:
Judge and jury?

Removed
18-04-2011, 12:40 PM
who the r u to call me a hypocrite, nothing wrong in applauding someone who has put in a shift, also nothing wrong with booing players who arent, xcxvstebeh.

So you would applaud laugherty, Commons or templeton then?

Albion Hibs
18-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Templeton, Commons and particularly Lafferty are annoying wee scrotes. Of course they wouldn't be applauded.

Nothing wrong with appreciating a good performance.

I remember Craig Brewster getting a good reception after he'd demolished our defence playing for Aberdeen.

Think Maribor were also applauded off the park earlier in the season.

Shows a bit of class IMO.

Off the park at the end of the game, like some of the lower league Scottish cup teams were last year, I dont have so much of a drama with that, I would not do it personally.

I think Brewster also got that reception at the end of the game, and bare in mind he also was also a former hibs player, therefore totally uncomparable to yesterday.

Okay then seeing as Hassilbank is obviously such an wonderful guy and the three I mention are terrible, put another way - would you have done the same for a player from Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd etc etc??

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Nice bypassing of the swear filter by the way.

Albion Hibs
18-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Judge and jury?

Just call me an interested party.

I ain't the one claiming to be a super fan. Quite the opposite. According to your post I contributed to the defeat.
Get behind the team? Well I suppose I could try that. Can you give lessons as to how I should behave?
It was as I said, a spontaneous outbreak of appreciation. Suggesting it wouldn't happen with the players you mentioned is probably true but who clained all crowd reactions at a fitba game should follow a logical pattern. Every game is different producing a different emotional mindset.

Bold bit is the key for me. We are going on about how that shows we are the classiest fans about, perhaps we should spend more time looking after our own garden, before we start attending to others. I would say it is pretty unclassy to slap the wife then send the mistress off to Harvey Nicks!

As for your "spontaneous" hand clapping, perhaps you should have that looked at - an uncontrolable outbreak of such a thing seems a little strange. As for the logic and emotional mindset - I am not a doctor of the mind, I doubt you are so maybe we should just park that one!!

marinello59
18-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Just call me an interested party.

Bold bit is the key for me. We are going on about how that shows we are the classiest fans about, perhaps we should spend more time looking after our own garden, before we start attending to others. I would say it is pretty unclassy to slap the wife then send the mistress off to Harvey Nicks!

As for your "spontaneous" hand clapping, perhaps you should have that looked at - an uncontrolable outbreak of such a thing seems a little strange. As for the logic and emotional mindset - I am not a doctor of the mind, I doubt you are so maybe we should just park that one!!

You won't here that from me. We have good and bad just like every other support has.

And I ain't no Doctor of the mind.:greengrin I was just observing that sometimes you can't predict how a crowd will react.
Who said it was uncontrollable by the way? One person starts clapping and others make a conscious decision as to whether they will join in or not. It really was no big deal.

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2011, 12:56 PM
If anyone doubts that our season is effectively and that the bottom six is in fact the start of next terms preseason, they need only look at this thread. Three pages already on the rights and wrongs of applauding an opposition player from the pitch.

easty
18-04-2011, 01:01 PM

Ooh ooh admins, admins.....he's swearing....

Grass!:wink:

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2011, 02:17 PM
If anyone doubts that our season is effectively and that the bottom six is in fact the start of next terms preseason, they need only look at this thread. Three pages already on the rights and wrongs of applauding an opposition player from the pitch.

:agree: Yes says it all really, it's pathetic that it is even suggested that clapping an opponent could have contributed to our defeat. I despair at the rants and raves over a simple show of good sportsmanship. The mindset of some some of our supporters simply baffles me!!!

HNA11
18-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Unfortunately us admins can't police the board 24/7 but eagle eyed punters like yourself can help us out by bringing any post containing naughty words to our attention.

:greengrin

hughio
18-04-2011, 03:01 PM
:agree: Yes says it all really, it's pathetic that it is even suggested that clapping an opponent could have contributed to our defeat. I despair at the rants and raves over a simple show of good sportsmanship. The mindset of some some of our supporters simply baffles me!!!

:agree
Good sporstmanship is something you dont see much of in Football.
I got up and applauded the wee man quite spontaneously and was delighted that others felt the same way.
he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park.
Only someone moronic would complain about any audience appreciating artistry.:rolleyes:

ArabHibee
18-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Ooh ooh admins, admins.....he's swearing....

Grass!:wink:

:na na:

The_Sauz
18-04-2011, 05:57 PM
His acting ability after he went down at the FF/west corner with a blood curdling scream and did about 6 rollovers.
It's was only 4 :na na:, but he did take a fair crack (heard it in the upper west :agree:)

lapsedhibee
18-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Applauding opposition players is a definitive sign of a classy support. :agree:

Didn't the huns do it with our Butch "Ray" Wilkins? :hmmm:

ginger_rice
18-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Applauding opposition players is a definitive sign of a classy support. :agree:

Didn't the huns do it with our Butch "Ray" Wilkins? :hmmm:

Didn't he applaud their support? :grr:

lapsedhibee
18-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Didn't he applaud their support? :grr:

He probably incited them into errant behaviour, yes.

sahib
18-04-2011, 06:39 PM
We are all Hibs supporters. I am happy to be identified as one, but I refuse to adopt the mentality of a schemie gangster. It is just a game of football not a war.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Another player who has a decent game against us for a smaller club and there is a thread about signing him. No thank you. Tricky yes but too small to cut it on a consistent basis. Up against more robust players he tends to struggle.

marinello59
19-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Another player who has a decent game against us for a smaller club and there is a thread about signing him. No thank you. Tricky yes but too small to cut it on a consistent basis. Up against more robust players he tends to struggle.

I'd agree with that. An entertaining player but he won't influence many games to the same extent as he did against us.

Phil MaGlass
19-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Its appreciation, if folk dont like it, dont clap, I would roundly clap any player/team off the park that have entertained me,(that does not include cheats or ersewipes like Laugherty) doesnt make me a hypocrite, mibbe choosy... likewise players who dont put a shift in should be bood off the park, that includes our players aswell.

Phil MaGlass
19-04-2011, 10:29 AM

seemed to work for Scott?

aberhibsfc
19-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Its appreciation, if folk dont like it, dont clap, I would roundly clap any player/team off the park that have entertained me,(that does not include cheats or ersewipes like Laugherty) doesnt make me a hypocrite, mibbe choosy... likewise players who dont put a shift in should be bood off the park, that includes our players aswell.

Exactly, I want Hibs to be the best even if it's practical or no. McCoist was a we pudding but i cheered him for Scotland and jeered him in the League Cup final when he stuck an overhead away. It's banter, nothing wrong in wanting the opposition to get beat us to win etc but it's football and sometimes needs perspective.

A few years ago, who would not have gone along to Hibs games wanting us to turn over a Rangers team bouyed by players such as Gazza, Laudrup etc. When else would we have seen players of that calibre of player in the flesh. Still wanted to hump them but could still appreciate them and enjoy they're talent.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 12:24 PM
seemed to work for Scott?

Wouldn't have said Jimmy was a stick out for Ross County against us but he did have a decent semi. ( behave yourselves)

I am sure when it was muted we were after a county player his name was not top of the list.

500miles
19-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Hasselbaink was so good that, with his help, Hamilton managed to produce one single, solitary shot on target, and got subbed after disappearing in the second half.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 05:02 PM
So you would applaud laugherty, Commons or templeton then?

If they were playing out of their skins in a vain attempt to stop their team being relegated then yes - absolutely.

People who can't appreciate sporting performances may as well just be watching the results on teletext as far as I am concerned.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Hasselbaink was so good that, with his help, Hamilton managed to produce one single, solitary shot on target, and got subbed after disappearing in the second half.
I counted two. One of the crossbar and one in the pokey. :wink:

Removed
19-04-2011, 05:33 PM
If they were playing out of their skins in a vain attempt to stop their team being relegated then yes - absolutely.

People who can't appreciate sporting performances may as well just be watching the results on teletext as far as I am concerned.

Aye, right. Course you would.

They day I applaud any Rangers, Celtc or Hearts player leaving the park after being subbed will be the day I pack it in.

And for any other team, yes I can appreciate sporting performances, but I go to support one team and one team only. Applauding opponent players off in a competitive game, get a grip. Keep that for pre-season friendlies.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 05:35 PM

OK - what you say is perfectly true but there is actually more truth in what you didn't say.

A team heading for relegation had someone the size of Zemamma playing the lone striker role and they managed to win.

OK so their victory probably owed more to having a 5-man midfield but even then he deserves a lot of credit.

He was winning the ball a lot more than many target men and it took some pretty desperate tackling at times to dispossess him.

I would have thought people in Scotland of all places would appreciate the skill and tenacity involved in he setting up the first goal. Blaming Dickoh is ridiculous - but if it suits people to see it that way then c'est la vie.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Aye, right. Course you would.

They day I applaud any Rangers, Celtc or Hearts player leaving the park after being subbed will be the day I pack it in.

And for any other team, yes I can appreciate sporting performances, but I go to support one team and one team only. Applauding opponent players off in a competitive game, get a grip. Keep that for pre-season friendlies.

You might not enjoy the prospect of one of these teams being relegated but I sure would - since you obviously read my post I guess you just didn't understand it.

I guess one needs a modicum of stupidity to be a really good uber-fan.

Removed
19-04-2011, 05:43 PM
You might not enjoy the prospect of one of these teams being relegated but I sure would - since you obviously read my post I guess you just didn't understand it.

I guess one needs a modicum of stupidity to be a really good uber-fan.

I ignored it. Just like 99% of your post above.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 05:43 PM
OK - what you say is perfectly true but there is actually more truth in what you didn't say.

A team heading for relegation had someone the size of Zemamma playing the lone striker role and they managed to win.

OK so their victory probably owed more to having a 5-man midfield but even then he deserves a lot of credit.
He was winning the ball a lot more than many target men and it took some pretty desperate tackling at times to dispossess him.

I would have thought people in Scotland of all places would appreciate the skill and tenacity involved in he setting up the first goal. Blaming Dickoh is ridiculous - but if it suits people to see it that way then c'est la vie.
Dickoh had several chances to put him up in the West beside me. For whatever reason he didnt. Thats the point I was actually making further up the thread. More robust defenders would have done just that. Dickoh will know that and should learn hes just a nipper really. He did as much in not defedending as Hasselbaink did to score it. It is no way ridiculous to suggest that.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Dickoh had several chances to put him up in the West beside me. For whatever reason he didnt. Thats the point I was actually making further up the thread. More robust defenders would have done just that. Dickoh will know that and should learn hes just a nipper really. He did as much in not defedending as Hasselbaink did to score it. It is no way ridiculous to suggest that.

If we start using tactics like that then CC will need a much bigger squad than the 20 he has been talking about.

Our booking tally has come down in the past couple of months and I reckon that is by design rather than accident. Palsson looks to me like he has reined his game in and I would assume for the same reason.

So, if Dickoh is playing as instructed he is not in any way to blame for the goal.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 06:07 PM
If we start using tactics like that then CC will need a much bigger squad than the 20 he has been talking about.

Our booking tally has come down in the past couple of months and I reckon that is by design rather than accident. Palsson looks to me like he has reined his game in and I would assume for the same reason.

So, if Dickoh is playing as instructed he is not in any way to blame for the goal.
If we dont use tactics like that we will continue to lose soft goals that could be prevented. We will be the softest side in the SPL and continue in the bottom half. Look atevry side in the top six. Do you think he would have waltzed past any of them like he did on Sat? Not a chance. I dont mean he has to kill the laddie but at least put in a challenge. It reminded me of Templetons goal. FFS put in a challenge instead of letting him from the halfway line unchallenged. I do not believe Calderwood as manager (he certainly wouldnt have done it as a player) would want any player never mind a defender to do that. There is no way in hell any coach will be telling defenders to let a player run unchallenged almost into the six yard box. Even Barca defenders wouldnt allow that. You need to waken up a bit Son.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 06:25 PM
If we dont use tactics like that we will continue to lose soft goals that could be prevented. We will be the softest side in the SPL and continue in the bottom half. Look atevry side in the top six. Do you think he would have waltzed past any of them like he did on Sat? Not a chance. I dont mean he has to kill the laddie but at least put in a challenge. It reminded me of Templetons goal. FFS put in a challenge instead of letting him from the halfway line unchallenged. I do not believe Calderwood as manager (he certainly wouldnt have done it as a player) would want any player never mind a defender to do that. There is no way in hell any coach will be telling defenders to let a player run unchallenged almost into the six yard box. Even Barca defenders wouldnt allow that. You need to waken up a bit Son.

Hasselbank was in threatening positions 7 or 8 times and one of those ended in a goal. If he had been fouled each time he threatened how many players do you think we would have on the pitch at the end?

And lets face it, if you had really thought this thing through you wouldn't need the insulting postscript, would you?

And I know Spanish defenders can be robust - finishing with 11 men is probably a badge of dishonour over there. It does not follow though that CC will want to emulate them given the limit on his resources.

tamig
19-04-2011, 06:28 PM

What a ridiculous view point. The Hibs fans were sporting in recognition of a good hardworking performance. Can we really not recognise a good performance by an opposition player in your opinion? I've clapped a few opposition players off in the past if their performance has merited it. Not players of certain clubs obviously.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Hasselbank was in threatening positions 7 or 8 times and one of those ended in a goal. If he had been fouled each time he threatened how many players do you think we would have on the pitch at the end?

And lets face it, if you had really thought this thing through you wouldn't need the insulting postscript, would you?

And I know Spanish defenders can be robust - finishing with 11 men is probably a badge of dishonour over there. It does not follow though that CC will want to emulate them given the limit on his resources.
Not following you auld yin re the bold bit? :confused:
Do you really want to watch 11 players pussying about while players waltz into the box and score or set up a rare goal for their team? You cant be serious in either wanting that or suggesting Calderwod would.

tamig
19-04-2011, 06:32 PM

Exactly. Some folk on here are a bit touchy about the strangest things. Quite sad really :rolleyes:

Removed
19-04-2011, 06:36 PM

:kettle:

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Not following you auld yin re the bold bit? :confused:
Do you really want to watch 11 players pussying about while players waltz into the box and score or set up a rare goal for their team? You cant be serious in either wanting that or suggesting Calderwod would.

"You need to waken up a bit Son." - is what I highlighted and is what I was referring to strangely enough.

And I dare say there are some that would rather see Messi in a wheelchair rather than having to watch him waltz into the box as often as he does - thankfully he gets more protection than Pele or Uesebio used to get. Stopping the forward whatever the cost doesn't pay the same dividends that it used to - I think it's you that needs to waken up.

500miles
19-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Thier victory owes more to clearances off the line, rattling the woodwork, saves, poor finishing, and that more than a bit of luck that Billy Reid pointed out.

That said, Hasselbaink was impressive (although not as much as being made out), and I would like to think our coaching staff have been watching him throughout the season, enough to make any bids/ allow to pass by.

And I agree with you RE Dickoh. Every defender gets turned inside out now and again - it's the nature of the game- but you expect your fullback, or defensive mid to tuck in. The next Hibs player to get anywhere near a challange was Hanlon, and that asks questions of Palsson and Towell.

greenlex
19-04-2011, 08:16 PM
"You need to waken up a bit Son." - is what I highlighted and is what I was referring to strangely enough.

And I dare say there are some that would rather see Messi in a wheelchair rather than having to watch him waltz into the box as often as he does - thankfully he gets more protection than Pele or Uesebio used to get. Stopping the forward whatever the cost doesn't pay the same dividends that it used to - I think it's you that needs to waken up.
I am wide awake thank you very much.
Aye whatever. I like my stoppers to stop. A free kick on the touchline 30yds from goal is preferable to a tap in on the six yard box is it not? Each to their own.
Are you are comparing Hasselbaink to messi and Pele? Have a word.
I am not saying he should be maimed but as I said a challenge should have been made when the chance was there and it was on several occsasions befiore he got anywhere near the box. What dividends are you on about? The only dividend I could see was a tap in, our net bulging and the score board ticking over to show Hamilton had taken the lead. Just like it did when everyone watched Templeton do a Messi:rolleyes:
I like my defenders and in particular the Centre backs to defend is that to much to ask? I bet Dickoh is disappointed when he saw it on TV. I would also be willing to bet Calderwood sat him down after the team reviewed the performance.
Still you go on clapping the opposition while we are performing poorly.

Arch Stanton
19-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I am wide awake thank you very much.
Aye whatever. I like my stoppers to stop. A free kick on the touchline 30yds from goal is preferable to a tap in on the six yard box is it not? Each to their own.
Are you are comparing Hasselbaink to messi and Pele? Have a word.
I am not saying he should be maimed but as I said a challenge should have been made when the chance was there and it was on several occsasions befiore he got anywhere near the box. What dividends are you on about? The only dividend I could see was a tap in, our net bulging and the score board ticking over to show Hamilton had taken the lead. Just like it did when everyone watched Templeton do a Messi:rolleyes:
I like my defenders and in particular the Centre backs to defend is that to much to ask? I bet Dickoh is disappointed when he saw it on TV. I would also be willing to bet Calderwood sat him down after the team reviewed the performance.
Still you go on clapping the opposition while we are performing poorly.

Very poor response - I think you should give up.

With hindsight you know a goal was coming - you didn't answer what should have been done the other times he threatened. You totally ignore the point that there is a penalty to be paid further down the line if you go around taking one for the team - that is the dividend I was talking about.

If you had given the team talk then fair enough badmouthing Dickoh for disregarding it - but news on you pal, when the team talk was being given you were on your way to your seat.

I clapped a good athlete and footballer - if you have no truck with sportsmanship then fine - this thread has made it clear that there are plenty who share your tribal attitude to the game so you can take comfort from that.

I think the team were poor in all phases of the game - defence, midfield, attack were all flawed. This was down to the way the team were set out (CC's fault) and the way they worked as a team (the players' fault) - and probably underestimating Hamilton came into it too.

This was not, as Mixu was wont to say, down to individual errors. It wasn't Dickoh that failed to stop the cross and the goal, it was the defence. Hasselbank should NOT have been clear on goal after he beat Dickoh!

greenlex
20-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Very poor response - I think you should give up.

With hindsight you know a goal was coming - you didn't answer what should have been done the other times he threatened. You totally ignore the point that there is a penalty to be paid further down the line if you go around taking one for the team - that is the dividend I was talking about.

If you had given the team talk then fair enough badmouthing Dickoh for disregarding it - but news on you pal, when the team talk was being given you were on your way to your seat.

I clapped a good athlete and footballer - if you have no truck with sportsmanship then fine - this thread has made it clear that there are plenty who share your tribal attitude to the game so you can take comfort from that.

I think the team were poor in all phases of the game - defence, midfield, attack were all flawed. This was down to the way the team were set out (CC's fault) and the way they worked as a team (the players' fault) - and probably underestimating Hamilton came into it too.

This was not, as Mixu was wont to say, down to individual errors. It wasn't Dickoh that failed to stop the cross and the goal, it was the defence. Hasselbank should NOT have been clear on goal after he beat Dickoh!
I will give up but you are coming across a tad condescending.
The other times he threatened nothing came of it so it was dealt with either individually or as a team. I still say Dickoh had ample opportunity to at least put a challenge in on several occasions leading up to their first goal. I will admit if it had been me I would have let him know he was in a game. I reckon Hibs would have won the game if he had the same attitude. A yellow cars would have sufficed.
If all you want is a fair play award ten great but I want winners in a green jersey.
It is possible to be robust and be able to play the game. Taking one for winning team is always preferable to pussying about in a losing one. It's called winning mentality.
Like I said if you are happy to sit and clap sportsmanship and athleticism while Hibs pussy about then crack on. I certainly won't be.
What's the saying? Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.
I'm done with this debate

Arch Stanton
20-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I will give up but you are coming across a tad condescending.
The other times he threatened nothing came of it so it was dealt with either individually or as a team. I still say Dickoh had ample opportunity to at least put a challenge in on several occasions leading up to their first goal. I will admit if it had been me I would have let him know he was in a game. I reckon Hibs would have won the game if he had the same attitude. A yellow cars would have sufficed.
If all you want is a fair play award ten great but I want winners in a green jersey.
It is possible to be robust and be able to play the game. Taking one for winning team is always preferable to pussying about in a losing one. It's called winning mentality.
Like I said if you are happy to sit and clap sportsmanship and athleticism while Hibs pussy about then crack on. I certainly won't be.
What's the saying? Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.
I'm done with this debate

Fair enough - you're obviously a bigger fan of robust challenges than I am. Arguably the lack of a robust challenge cost us a goal against Hamilton. But arguably also is that a robust challenge cost us the game against Hearts - no easy answers I would say. Whenever Sproule got into dangerous areas he was always up against 2 defenders and that's what I would like to have seen.

Albion Hibs
20-04-2011, 12:18 PM
What a ridiculous view point. The Hibs fans were sporting in recognition of a good hardworking performance. Can we really not recognise a good performance by an opposition player in your opinion? I've clapped a few opposition players off in the past if their performance has merited it. Not players of certain clubs obviously.

The bit in bold is exactly my point.

The sad reality of it is certain Hibs fans would only do against what they deem to be smaller clubs - by your own admission you would not do it for certain players at certain clubs.

The fact remains, certains;

- Cheered on an opposition player more then the majority of there own players,
- Probably gave the Hamilton players a right good lift,
- Probably gave our OWN players a right good kick in the nuts
- Cheered on a team that took three points off Hibs,
- Cheered on a team that have perhaps effectively taken money out of the clubs pocket for next season.

I respect you may want to cheer on players that have a hand in beating hibs, only if they play for certain clubs of course, but it is not a view I can accept nor something I would ever do.

Your view in my view is ridiculous.

marinello59
20-04-2011, 12:25 PM

The sad reality of it is certain Hibs fans would only do against what they deem to be smaller clubs - by your own admission you would not do it for certain players at certain clubs.

- Cheered on a team that have perhaps effectively taken money out of the clubs pocket for next season.

I respect you may want to cheer on players that have a hand in beating hibs, only if they play for certain clubs of course, but it is not a view I can accept nor something I would ever do.

A moments applause leads you to imagine all of that?

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:06 PM

I think it's worse than that.

- Showed a sporting gesture
- Incited genocide in Kosovo
- Didn't applaud a white player being subbed showing clear racial bias.
- Encouraged the board to buy in midgets again for next season
- Attacked the board for not signing Jimmy Floyd
- Demonstrated that it's ok to Hassle a Bank
- Fuelled the Libyian crisis
- Made a case for Martin Canning's return
- Suggested that we want CC sacked and replaced by Billy Reid
- Denied the holocaust outright.

Shocking behaviour.

Andy74
20-04-2011, 02:07 PM

A bit dramatic there love.

It wasn't really thought out in advance, it was Hibs fans taking a wee moment to give a wee clap to a player who had played well and had one of the best long runs with a ball we've seen for a while for the goal.

It's fair to say that the kind of end of season feel around the place, led by the players I might add, meant that it was the type of occassion that this could happen. Obviously, regardless of performance certain others teams or players wouldn't have got the same.

Having said that I did hear the Hearts fans at Tynecastle singing 'Andy, Andy' after a stunning performance from Andy Goram.

Devine
20-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Albion - Who really cares if we clapped Hasselbaink off or not!?!? If you seriously think it gave them the lift they needed to beat us thats ridiculous and if it gave our players a boot up the backside then good as it was a disgraceful performance.

Crabit - If you cant see the merit in greenlex's point about putting Hasselbaink into the stand then you are very naive the best defenders in the world do what they need to do to prevent goals from being scored. In any case a simple block off, clip of the ankles etc would have sufficed to stop him. Whatever way you look at it his defending was horrendous and encapsulates how bad Dickoh actually is

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2011, 02:46 PM

:faf: The fact remains, certains; Probably! Oh dear.

500miles
20-04-2011, 04:58 PM

There's no doubt in my mind that a lot of those who cheered done it for that very reason. A lot of characters around me who are STILL waiting for the quickest oppertunity to get on our own players backs.

marinello59
20-04-2011, 05:07 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that a lot of those who cheered done it for that very reason. A lot of characters around me who are STILL waiting for the quickest oppertunity to get on our own players backs.

We aren't all bitter, twisted joyless individuals you know.
By the way, it was applause , not cheering. Only Albion and yourself are trying to make it out to be something much more than it was.

ancient hibee
20-04-2011, 05:13 PM
He laid on one goal and missed a sitter-otherwise nothing-Hamilton were jammy.If I see him featuring in one of our defensive walls next season I'll be looking for people to blame.:greengrin

Arch Stanton
20-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Albion - Who really cares if we clapped Hasselbaink off or not!?!? If you seriously think it gave them the lift they needed to beat us thats ridiculous and if it gave our players a boot up the backside then good as it was a disgraceful performance.

Crabit - If you cant see the merit in greenlex's point about putting Hasselbaink into the stand then you are very naive the best defenders in the world do what they need to do to prevent goals from being scored. In any case a simple block off, clip of the ankles etc would have sufficed to stop him. Whatever way you look at it his defending was horrendous and encapsulates how bad Dickoh actually is

I have to say that CC's comments make more sense than yours - he doesn't blame Dickoh at all -
"Someone in a one V one situation has got to have some help - either verbally or physically"

When Hasselbank gets the ball Towell was 3 yards away and remained at least 3 yards off the play for the duration - I assume what CC meant is that he should have let Dickoh know he was on his own if he couldn't catch up.

Dickoh DID try to stick a leg in and after that tried manhandling - it was like watching Sproule in action the way he skipped over tackles and made defenders look foolish.

Hasselbank got past Dickoh by putting a move on him that left him on his heels - if you don't see it that way then of course you could describe it as a poor player beating an even worse player - but you'd be wrong on both counts.

And talking of horrendous - I'm sure Hanlon will not relish seeing any replays of his attempt at a tackle - pretty woeful.

Finally, the "best defenders in the world" get replaced by other "best defenders in the world" when they get suspended - not quite what Hibs can manage. Anyway I doubt if even they would take one for the team if they had a team mate 3 yards away.

tamig
20-04-2011, 06:13 PM

I wasn't going to reply but the bit in bold is the biggest load of pish I've read on here for a while. What planet are you on man? You come across as a very unsporting individual :bitchy: Jeezo.....

Golden Bear
25-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Bump.

Let's see how he plays against Aberdeen.

Apparently his preferred position is to play out wide and not in the strikers role.

By the way what is a pacey winger? - is this a new concept in the game?

:greengrin

Onceinawhile
25-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I counted two. One of the crossbar and one in the pokey. :wink:

Hitting the bar isn't a shot on target though is it? Because the bar isn't the target.

soupy
25-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Hitting the bar isn't a shot on target though is it? Because the bar isn't the target.

correctamundo

Golden Bear
25-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Only 6 out of 10 for the wee man today.

We could do worse than sign him as a winger though. Right now we've got nobody with pace who is willing to take his opponents on and create chances for others.

moredun
25-04-2011, 06:00 PM

I don't know how you can say that, i was at the game, but after watching it again on the highlights, he went past Dickoh like he wasn't even there, wasn't much trickery but he just kept going, without a challenge from Dickoh, any decent CH would have at least put in a tackle, rather than just letting him stroll in to the box with the ball

Removed
25-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't know how you can say that, i was at the game, but after watching it again on the highlights, he went past Dickoh like he wasn't even there, wasn't much trickery but he just kept going, without a challenge from Dickoh, any decent CH would have at least put in a tackle, rather than just letting him stroll in to the box with the ball

:taxi for Dickoh please

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Dickoh had ample opportunities to put player and ball into stand, he chose not to, then was ridiculously slow as the player skipped by him on the box.....

silverhibee
25-04-2011, 07:28 PM
What happened to the West stand punters clapping of Goodwin when he got subbed.

marinello59
25-04-2011, 07:30 PM
What happened to the West stand punters clapping of Goodwin when he got subbed.

:confused:

silverhibee
25-04-2011, 07:31 PM
:confused:

:dunno:

supersauzee
26-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I would take the wee man in a flash, defo what we need!

this a silly reply, who else better are we going to attract to the club?! We are Hibs, playing in the SPL not Man Utd FFS! Get yer heed oot the clouds!

Arch Stanton
26-04-2011, 04:29 PM

:taxi for Dickoh please

CC didn't follow the collective wisdom on this thread and replace him with Stephens on Saturday - maybe you should email him directly and explain to him where he is going wrong.

greenlex
26-04-2011, 04:47 PM
CC didn't follow the collective wisdom on this thread and replace him with Stephens on Saturday - maybe you should email him directly and explain to him where he is going wrong.
How many on this thread are saying this should happen? Dickoh should have done better so get over it. He is still young and learning so hopefully will have looked at it and be as disappointed as most on this thread that he didnt do better. I know I would be.

JimBHibees
26-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Yep very average IMO.

Arch Stanton
26-04-2011, 05:18 PM
How many on this thread are saying this should happen? Dickoh should have done better so get over it. He is still young and learning so hopefully will have looked at it and be as disappointed as most on this thread that he didnt do better. I know I would be.

I think you are the only one saying that it was just a learner's mistake and not because he is a rubbish defender.

I do understand your argument that it would have been worth him taking a booking since it was going to result in us conceding a goal - I just see it differently is all. I also think CC sees it differently because dropping him would have been a sure fire way for him to learn from his mistake.