PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today

iwasthere1972
17-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I got a suntan sitting in the east. :thumbsup:

mikey987654321
17-04-2011, 03:15 PM
One game closer to the end of the season....

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I sit quite high up in the East so the sun was jst getting to me as the game finished, cant even cling on to that as a positive :boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
17-04-2011, 03:26 PM
'Saved' me a trip to the bookies to collect my much expected winnings! :grr:

Perspective
17-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Usually like to look for positives but there was nothing to take from that.

Not one player did himself justice. Fair play to Hamilton, who passed the ball a lot better than we did, but we just looked like we were in holiday mode.

KeithTheHibby
17-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I only had to get the kids a yorkie each and large coke between them, normally it's much more than that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Big David Stephens was a positive when he came on I thought. Was whipping in balls like Beckham from the right wing and he's a bloody centre half. Looks a class act imo. Don't think he should have been dropped from a winning team after keeping a clean sheet at Pittodrie lst wk. There is no way he would have got done like Dikoh did for that first goal.

Removed
17-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I got a suntan sitting in the east. :thumbsup:

I just got a burnt head in the FF!!!

Summer football - no thanks

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Big David Stephens was a positive when he came on I thought. Was whipping in balls like Beckham from the right wing and he's a bloody centre half. Looks a class act imo. Don't think he should have been dropped from a winning team after keeping a clean sheet at Pittodrie lst wk. There is no way he would have got done like Dikoh did for that first goal.

Slower than a week in jail:agree:

Hibby70
17-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I actually thought we played some decent stuff today esp second half. Considering Hamilton had 11 men behind the ball I thought that some of our play especially through Booth was good.

On another day we might have taken a few of the chances and got a penalty.

Scott shows more for the ball than any other player (and makes some good runs).

Would like to see Stephens and Divis play for the rest of the season.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Stephens did look okay put in a few decent balls I was surprised he did not start but tbf I had not seen him in either of the last 2 games so dont know how good or bad he has been.

On a real positive the queues for food and drink were very small, I can see them statiny that way :wink::wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Slightly off topic but anyone have the misfortune of trying to get a pie at HT in the East? Never usually bother with food at ER coz its totally gash tbh but needed something today. Nipped down a few minutes before HT to avoid the q and the pies eventually came out the oven AFTER the teams were bk out for the 2nd half. Total shambles, how can u not even time the pies to be ready for half time? Then after all that the daft girl handed me a mince pie and 20p instead of the steak pie id ordered 20 minutes earlier..."Eeeh theres 20p back pal coz weve nae steak pies at all' Eeeeh smashing, cheers love! A guy next to me was quoted 20 minutes for chips?!?! WTF!

Removed
17-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Slightly off topic but anyone have the misfortune of trying to get a pie at HT in the East? Never usually bother with food at ER coz its totally gash tbh but needed something today. Nipped down a few minutes before HT to avoid the q and the pies eventually came out the oven AFTER the teams were bk out for the 2nd half. Total shambles, how can u not even time the pies to be ready for half time? Then after all that the daft girl handed me a mince pie and 20p instead of the steak pie id ordered 20 minutes earlier..."Eeeh theres 20p back pal coz weve nae steak pies at all' Eeeeh smashing, cheers love! A guy next to me was quoted 20 minutes for chips?!?! WTF!

Sounds just like getting food in BTG :bitchy:

matty_f
17-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Sounds just like getting food in BTG :bitchy:

I'm never eating from the stadium caterers again. It's massively, massively over-priced (fiver each plus, for something to eat and a drink for the kids) garbage, with rotten service.
avoid at all costs.

Twiglet
17-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Scott did well. Changed the team in the second half and tried to get the team going.

Brown seems to comunicate better with his defence a bit better than earlier in the season. He actually shouted at them when there were mistakes. Don't really remember him doing that much previously.

James70
17-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Only positive for me was being able to watch it on the telly and not having to face a long journey home in a foul mood.

Hiber-nation
17-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Slower than a week in jail:agree:

Eh? This is a centre half on at right back who did more than the likes of Riordan and Vaz Te put together. How he didn't start again is a mystery.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2011, 05:08 PM

That's shocking.

I know it's not the best job in the world serving food at Easter Road but you would think that they would try and look interested in what they are doing. Their people skills must have been taught by Yogi.

Very rarely buy food when I'm at the match. Home cooked sausage rolls are the business and a lot cheaper. Also don't have to bother standing in a queue forever.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2011, 05:15 PM
That we only went down 1-2.

ArabHibee
17-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm never eating from the stadium caterers again. It's massively, massively over-priced (fiver each plus, for something to eat and a drink for the kids) garbage, with rotten service.
avoid at all costs.

That's why I took a picnic with me. :smug:

The price and quality of food at Easter Road is a joke.

Removed
17-04-2011, 05:37 PM
That's why I took a picnic with me. :smug:

I was worried you were going to throw those bananas on the pitch :wink:

offshorehibby
17-04-2011, 05:48 PM
The positive for me was you could escape at HT and head for Tamsons for a pint

At The Edge
17-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Stephens and Scott when they both came on, Booth looked decent as well, walking to the ground and seeing lots of smiling faces as the sun was out.

The pitch looked in not to bad condition as well :greengrin

soupy
17-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I was still there at full time, and didn't get held up at smokey brae on the way hame. :greengrin:greengrin

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 10:51 PM
We had an incredible amount of possesstion in the second half and created a lot of chances only problem was no one put them away. At the end of the day possesstion doesn't win matches, taking you chances does.

Still thought we got screwed by the ref over the penalty decisions, could have gotten about 4 or 5 from what i saw. Handball every five seconds from Hamilton, just shows you how desperate they are.