PDA

View Full Version : Riordan (again again)

Jones28
17-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Think todays performance confirmed that he hasnt got it anymore...:duck:

Golden Bear
17-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Here we go, here we go, here we go!

:tin hat:

AFKA5814_Hibs
He would have buried those two in the 2nd half a few seasons back.

CB_NO3
I would go as far to say he is the slowest player in the spl inc David Weir

Golden Bear
17-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Or maybe Liam Miller.

Just Jimmy
17-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Think todays performance confirmed that he hasnt got it anymore...:duck:

He's been a shadow of the player he was for months. His attitude stinks tbh. He's our version of Fernando Torres. Can/Could be brilliant, didn't give a damn for weeks and suddenly finds it's not easy just to turn it on and off when you feel like it.

I Wouldnt be gutted if he goes.

Ryan69
17-04-2011, 02:33 PM
At least were in a good position with Riordan,hes been rank all season pretty much.

He would struggle to get a game for a 1st division team at the moment,so unless he starts showing hes worth it......He will be free togo!

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I have supported Deek through thickand thin and have always stood by him however performances like todays make that very difficult to do :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

SkintHibby
17-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I done some work at an old Hibs supporters house the other day there.

Him and his wife pointed across the road (not sure the pub they meant but she's a barmaid there) and said to me "Riordan is in there drinking every night".

Not good to hear.

CB_NO3
17-04-2011, 02:48 PM
What area of Edinburgh is this?

SkintHibby
17-04-2011, 02:49 PM

I'm not sure cause I'm not from Edinburgh but I'll get back to you when I remember the name of the street - big looooong street.

truehibernian
17-04-2011, 02:51 PM
His almost constant need to cut inside is not to get into a shooting position anymore.....it is actually cruelly exposing his lack of pace and unwillingness/inability to get past his man. Other managers have seen it (opposition), and it makes it easier to defend. You simply hold your midfield and defensive line as you know he will turn into it rather than draw a man/men and lose shape.

This has an effect on Boothy as well as he is the only out ball and all too often Derek feeds Callum when he really should have been brave enough to take his man on, freeing up Callum inside.......as I said, Derek is unwittingly showing his weakness. Time for a change IMHO......get pace,desire and hunger for half the money. Yes, not the flash of genius, but we need 90 minute players for a whole season.....not just when he decides to turn up. Harsh I know, but for me true.

Cameron1875
17-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Him and his wife pointed across the road (not sure the pub they meant but she's a barmaid there) and said to me "Riordan is in there drinking every night".

Not good to hear.

:rolleyes: Not sure Calderwood would tolerate this. Today he was awful again. Slow, disinterested and he never runs down the wing, he just takes a heavy touch inside and plays it to liam miller or another CM. Instead he could slip in players down the line but just plays for himself.

I'd love for him to be the player of old but time to move on i think.

Hibstrooper
17-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Not good to hear.

Not having a go however I doubt this is true

Cameron1875
17-04-2011, 02:53 PM
His almost constant need to cut inside is not to get into a shooting position anymore.....it is actually cruelly exposing his lack of pace and unwillingness/inability to get past his man. Other managers have seen it (opposition), and it makes it easier to defend. You simply hold your midfield and defensive line as you know he will turn into it rather than draw a man/men and lose shape.

This has an effect on Boothy as well as he is the only out ball and all too often Derek feeds Callum when he really should have been brave enough to take his man on, freeing up Callum inside.......as I said, Derek is unwittingly showing his weakness. Time for a change IMHO......get pace,desire and hunger for half the money. Yes, not the flash of genius, but we need 90 minute players for a whole season.....not just when he decides to turn up. Harsh I know, but for me true.

Thats what i was trying to say above but your post has hit nail on head here :agree:

SkintHibby
17-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Not having a go however I doubt this is true

The couple seemed quite sincere in what they were saying - of course people do have a tendency to exagerate things.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Not good to hear.

I would say that is TOTAL tosh but hey what do I know :greengrin

hibiedude
17-04-2011, 03:07 PM
R01rdan is a easy target for some people on the site- Derek on form is good as it gets.

BUT the whole team have been rank rotten over the last 2 season but I don't see thread after thread about them. :rolleyes:

The_Horde
17-04-2011, 03:10 PM
R01rdan is a easy target for some people on the site- Derek on form is good as it gets.

BUT the whole team have been rank rotten over the last 2 season but I don't see thread after thread about them. :rolleyes:

I think that just shows how much we think of Deek. We expect it from most of them, but Deek has the ability to do so SO much more and it's frustrating to watch.

hibiedude
17-04-2011, 03:16 PM
;2781815']I think that just shows how much we think of Deek. We expect it from most of them, but Deek has the ability to do so SO much more and it's frustrating to watch.

Watching Derek is frustrating because he has great ability but it been lacking for some time-He needs the service and confidance from others which is clearly lacking hence threads like this are posted on a weekly basis.

Broken Gnome
17-04-2011, 03:26 PM
When he's like that, far more of a hindrance than a help. And he's far too often like that.

Riordan's not going to get any better. He's beyond slow now, every touch is on the stretch, and doesn't have the attitude or effort to do that little bit extra to make a half yard. Because he needs every half yard he gets at present. He'll have better periods of form obviously, but strength, pace, fitness... There's nothing really to suggest he's going to reach new peaks. He should go and make what he can out the game, and leave Hibs with 4k to spend on someone with drive, pace and the potential to improve. Best for both parties.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2011, 03:27 PM

or Vaz Te.

The_Horde
17-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Watching Derek is frustrating because he has great ability but it been lacking for some time-He needs the service and confidance from others which is clearly lacking hence threads like this are posted on a weekly basis.

:agree:

It's his quick thinking and 'football brain' that he is renowned for, this is normally where he gets his extra yard or two from. Our current complete lack of tempo makes it really hard for him.

I'm not making excuses though, he lets his head go down far too easily. Between the derby and the Hamilton game he could have had about 4 goals to his name, last season he would have.

Big Ed
17-04-2011, 03:33 PM

Two things: he gets service now - Booth in paricular played some great balls into the box today and as regards confidence from others - he is the one who has spent his entire careeer snarling at team mates.

silverhibee
17-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Must be the Falkirk area. :rolleyes:

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2011, 03:55 PM
or Vaz Te.

No, David Stephens takes that award.:agree:

silverhibee
17-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Not good to hear.

What pub is this your talking about. :rolleyes:

Beefster
17-04-2011, 03:58 PM

You need to pay more attention then.

Riordan's never going to get his pace back but if he concentrated on his own game instead of moaning every time someone doesn't do exactly what he wanted (while simultaneously waving away anyone else's complaints about him), he might be able to react quicker or even, heaven forbid, anticipate a ball.

matty_f
17-04-2011, 04:00 PM
riordan offers little other than goals, and when he's not even scoring he's be as well not playing.

heretoday
17-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I've always liked Riordan because he used to confound his critics and he gave us one or two moments to relish against the other lot.

He had a couple of chances today which I feel he would have done better with in former days.

Hibs need to spend good money on good players. We shouldn't be looking to Deeks for inspiration anymore because he ain't got it.

Cropley10
17-04-2011, 04:04 PM
He was rubbish today. He's not going to get better either.

fife hfc
17-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I like Deek but he is like playing with ten men at the moment. His confidence looks to have taken a dent and as said above, if he is not scoring goals then he is not worth his place in the team. He deserves to be dropped and if this is the end of Hibs career then it is a shame as he has been great for Hibs in his two spells

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Hibs player drinking is not a shock, one drinking 7 nights a week in the same bar is a MASSIVE Shock :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
17-04-2011, 04:20 PM

Who, and how do you know 100%?

Not having a go at you, just interested. To be honest, any one of them could have been out on the sauce last night such was the desire today.

As for Deek, sublimely talented but he's disinterested most of the time and that for me, considering he's a Hibs fan, is deplorable. Put a green shirt on me and I'd run through brick walls.

His touch, desire, application, pace and heart is awful at the moment. I wouldn't batter an eyelid if he left, and I say that as one of his biggest fans over the years.

johnbc70
17-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Is he 27, 28? Should be at his peak, looks like he is past it now though and maybe best for all he moves on.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2011, 04:57 PM
riordan offers little other than goals, and when he's not even scoring he's be as well not playing.

Nonsense. Some of the best balls into the box today came from Riordan.

Westie1875
17-04-2011, 05:27 PM

If this is true I can't see Calderwood tolerating that regardless of who it was, if he finds out I expect there will be severe punishment. Pathetic behaviour from a professional athlete the night before a game.

Reaper
17-04-2011, 05:28 PM

Sorry mate but even when a team is rank, truly class players still show through, look at Scott Parker with West Ham. Derek doesn't work hard enough for me.

matty_f
17-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Nonsense. Some of the best balls into the box today came from Riordan.
They were no better than the crosses coming in from other players. Whoever would replace him would have been just as capable of chuking crosses in.

Cameron1875
17-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Any chance you can name the player? if he's out of contract in the summer then it shouldnt really matter if anyone gives the lad stick for it :greengrin

Reaper
17-04-2011, 05:31 PM

Paul Hanlon, certainly looked like he'd been on the drink last night.

Golden Bear
17-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Realists talk in the present tense while the romanticists talk in the past tense.

A common theme in the DR threads!

Golden Bear
17-04-2011, 05:48 PM
If true, and he was on the bevvy the night before a game, then he should take a look at himself - especially when you are the club captain.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Not good enough if its true. Would explain why he looked completely out his depth today.

snooky
17-04-2011, 06:28 PM

In a nutshell - unfortunately. :boo hoo:

Winston Ingram
17-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Even though he has been abysmal for nearly 18 months now, during that time he's always been able to deliver a free-kick or corner. He can't even do that now.

What's thhis pish with the Cristiano Ronaldo style attempts at a free-kick:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Even though he has been abysmal for nearly 18 months now, during that time he's always been able to deliver a free-kick or corner. He can't even do that now.

What's thhis pish with the Cristiano Ronaldo style attempts at a free-kick:confused:

A waste of genuine talent, who has had a poor attitude for months, needs punted or a rocket up his erchie..........

TornadoHibby
17-04-2011, 06:36 PM
If this is true I can't see Calderwood tolerating that regardless of who it was, if he finds out I expect there will be severe punishment. Pathetic behaviour from a professional athlete the night before a game.

Unacceptable behaviour from a professional athlete which must be punished publicly IMO if true! :confused:

Us fans pay decent money to watch the team playing competitively and for one (or more) of these guys to put themselves before the fans the night before match day in that kind of way stinks, again IMO! :agree:

scoopyboy
17-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I would wager heavily that Paul Hanlon was not drinking in the Opal Lounge last night.

Bostonhibby
17-04-2011, 06:40 PM

:confused: Type Colin Nish into the search field, for example :greengrin

Broken Gnome
17-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I would wager heavily that Paul Hanlon was not drinking in the Opal Lounge last night.

Perhaps more than any other player, I'd really hope not.

scoopyboy
17-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Perhaps more than any other player, I'd really hope not.

eh?

crash
17-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Correct, we are the slowest team in the league bar none. There is no one in the squad who can beat a player or make a quick pass from midfield, the tempo is so slow it is painful to watch, even Hamilton ripped us when they moved up a gear, could easily have been 4 or 5 today. Anyone who thinks that this is down to Riordan deserves the team we have now.

Broken Gnome
17-04-2011, 07:08 PM
eh?

I'd hope any player wasn't out downing shots the night before the game, but more than any other player I'd hope it wasn't true of Paul Hanlon. Is what I meant.

Broken Gnome
17-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Correct, we are the slowest team in the league bar none. There is no one in the squad who can beat a player or make a quick pass from midfield, the tempo is so slow it is painful to watch, even Hamilton ripped us when they moved up a gear, could easily have been 4 or 5 today. Anyone who thinks that this is down to Riordan deserves the team we have now.

It partly is down to him though. He's symbolic of a chronic lack of movement. I doubt the likes of Booth, Towell, Wotherspoon or Miller want to play at snail's pace or side to side, but there isn't a great deal of options most of the time. Not just his fault obviously.

J-C
17-04-2011, 07:11 PM
As much as Deek was a very good player once, I'm afraid to say he's already past it, too many night on the town, whether Glasgow or here has taken it's toll. Slow, always going sideways, never forward, these are things you wouldn't expect to here about Derek but I'm afraid to say they are.
Vaz Te has an excuse, not a lot of competitive games for match fitness, Deek ahs played almost all season.
The team today was just pants, holidays were too much on the minds of oh too many players, out of the relegation quagmire and not in the top 6, some know they're getting contracts, the others know they're onto pastures new and don't give a monkeys.

scoopyboy
17-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd hope any player wasn't out downing shots the night before the game, but more than any other player I'd hope it wasn't true of Paul Hanlon. Is what I meant.

With you now. I don't believe it to be honest although I wasn't there.

I'm hoping it was a case of mistaken identity.

Darren McCormack and Paul Hanlon have been mixed up a few times but I'm just guessing. Nothing to stop Smith and Stack going out on the town.

haddington 1875
17-04-2011, 07:29 PM
His whole demeanour and body language today .
I think he has been told his days are numbered

scoopyboy
17-04-2011, 07:32 PM

I am in no position to argue but if I find out different I will let you know.

If however you find out your mate was wrong I think its only fair you come on here and say so as it would be unfair to blacken a players name.

scoopyboy
17-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I totally agree with that SB

Good man Ritchie.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2011, 07:43 PM
No one can know what is happening behind the scenes. Maybe he has indicated he wants to stay, but the club are not exactly pushing the boat out for him.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-04-2011, 07:48 PM
No one can know what is happening behind the scenes. Maybe he has indicated he wants to stay, but the club are not exactly pushing the boat out for him.

Regardless, he's a Hibs fan, he should be busting a gut every game in that case.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Regardless, he's a Hibs fan, he should be busting a gut every game in that case.

Yeah just all the Hibs Fans get right behind the team EVERY game :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
17-04-2011, 07:57 PM

That might be down to the fact we're paying money to watch a Hibs fan(s) being paid to act like he couldn't care less.

To refer to my earlier post, I'm one of Riordan's biggest fans but can't understand why a Hibee living the dream can't be ersed to try a leg.

Beefster
17-04-2011, 10:58 PM

Riordan's a Hibs fan who is getting thousands of pounds from the club every week. As soon as the club start paying me that, I'll support unconditionally, sing, dance, hokey-cokey and provide the half-time entertainment at every game.

HibsMax
17-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Riordan's a Hibs fan who is getting thousands of pounds from the club every week. As soon as the club start paying me that, I'll support unconditionally, sing, dance, hokey-cokey and provide the half-time entertainment at every game.
Why would you want to drive attendances down? :confused:

:-D

Jones28
17-04-2011, 11:49 PM

Imho, pish.
Riordan was undeniably poor today, and he has been awful for ages. Riordan is a favourite of mine so where the easy target comment is coming from i do not know.
Some people are in denial but he doesnt have it any more, simple.

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Riordan is a tricky one. Never had that great an attitude like his great bar and nightclub exploits and has looked really frustrated the past season. I don't think he's past it but he's certainly not a striker. When he was playing in the Attacking Right Winger position, he whipped great balls in, took on his man and had the opportunity to cut inside and shoot in space with his unique finishing skill and that is where he should be played.

I think one of the key things that may make him disinterested is that if you look at the team, the young players like booth, palsson and towell have attracted the supporters love and i actually think Deeks might be feeling like he's old news, no longer the ER star player as babyish as that sounds. Im confident though that his frustration is affecting his form but take a look at Wayne Rooney, any player can recover from a seriously long spell of poor form and Riordan may well still bounce back and will feel he has something to prove.

whereswallace?
18-04-2011, 03:25 AM

Not good to hear.

Il tell you this for nowt, its an absolute loady pash. :rolleyes: Not having a dig at the OP but this is absolute nonsense.

hibiedude
18-04-2011, 05:34 AM
:confused: Type Colin Nish into the search field, for example :greengrin

Colin Nish and R01rdan seem to be the only guys who get it tight week in week out.

3/4 of the team we have at the moment should be punted- where is the threads about them :rolleyes:

If R01rdan was playing with guys who knew how to pass the ball we would see Derek back to his goal scoring best- and at the end of the day R01rdan is all about scoring Goals, his record tells us that.

Liam89
18-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Colin Nish and R01rdan seem to be the only guys who get it tight week in week out.

3/4 of the team we have at the moment should be punted- where is the threads about them :rolleyes:

If R01rdan was playing with guys who knew how to pass the ball we would see Derek back to his goal scoring best- and at the end of the day R01rdan is all about scoring Goals, his record tells us that.

Why is Sodje scoring and Deeks isn't then? Is Sodje so good that he doesn't need players that can pass the ball? Thought not. Riordan is just on poor form and lacks confidence, we don't need him anymore.

JimBHibees
18-04-2011, 07:22 AM

From where I am watching Deek is getting excellent service from Miler and especially Booth who gives him the ball regularly and should get it back more. His sitter where Mensing laid it on a plate was very poor and lacking decisiveness. He looks very low in confidence and lacking sharpness however good players work hard in that instance not Deek who prefers to blame others. His attitude is poor and the way it is going is that he will leave at the end of the season and most will not lose a minutes sleep over it.

.Sean.
18-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Anyone else see the guy in the East going beserk at Riordan in the first half? It actually seemed pretty personal.

Allant1981
18-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I think riordan is still a good player and id give him another deal but i dont think he will be a first 11 player everyweek which wont suit him.

basehibby
18-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Unacceptable behaviour from a professional athlete which must be punished publicly IMO if true! :confused:

Us fans pay decent money to watch the team playing competitively and for one (or more) of these guys to put themselves before the fans the night before match day in that kind of way stinks, again IMO! :agree:

:agree: There is simply no excuse for players bevying the night before a match - maybe they need to start doing tests on the players on the morning of a game and fining them X weeks wages for being under the influence???

There is no two ways about it - it's cheating the fans who turn up and pay over their hard earned dosh expecting to see a team of 100% commited professionals - not a bunch of half hung over erseholes on the take :bye:

Back to the specific thread topic - Deeks. He has been a bloody shambles in recent weeks and under par for most of the season. It would therefore not surprise me at all if he was pishing it up more often than not - he's certainly playing like someone with the diminished coordination which would result from constantly being on the pish.

It saddens me greatly to say it but on current form he does NOT deserve his contract renewing.

Beefster
18-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Complete nonsense.

As someone said on here last week, Riordan has had more shots at goals this season than anyone else in the SPL. That doesn't tie in with the 'he doesn't get the service' argument.

He's had the chances - he just doesn't take them like he used to.

scoopyboy
18-04-2011, 09:33 AM
:agree: There is simply no excuse for players bevying the night before a match - maybe they need to start doing tests on the players on the morning of a game and fining them X weeks wages for being under the influence???

There is no two ways about it - it's cheating the fans who turn up and pay over their hard earned dosh expecting to see a team of 100% commited professionals - not a bunch of half hung over erseholes on the take :bye:

Back to the specific thread topic - Deeks. He has been a bloody shambles in recent weeks and under par for most of the season. It would therefore not surprise me at all if he was pishing it up more often than not - he's certainly playing like someone with the diminished coordination which would result from constantly being on the pish.

It saddens me greatly to say it but on current form he does NOT deserve his contract renewing.

You are right regarding players being on the bevvy the night before a game, but in this instance there might have been no players who were in the squad involved.

moredun
18-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Why is Sodje scoring and Deeks isn't then? Is Sodje so good that he doesn't need players that can pass the ball? Thought not. Riordan is just on poor form and lacks confidence, we don't need him anymore.

What????

That must be the worst post i have ever read on any forum.

So Deeks is just off form eh.

Ok then, his form will come back as your post points out, but we shall juast punt him as we don't need or want a goalscorer.

My god

Leith Green
18-04-2011, 02:43 PM
You are right regarding players being on the bevvy the night before a game, but in this instance there might have been no players who were in the squad involved.

Mistaken identidy for me

I definetly saw Darren McCormack in Amicus Apple on Saturday night, I reckon that he has been mistaken for Paul Hanlon.The reason I say that is that one of my jambo mates I was with said to me "theres that Hibs c*** Hanlon" I turned around and it was definetly McCormack and his ginger mate..

PISTOL1875
18-04-2011, 02:45 PM
;2781815']I think that just shows how much we think of Deek. We expect it from most of them, but Deek has the ability to do so SO much more and it's frustrating to watch.

Don't you think thats the reason he fails to get selected for the national team ???

MountcastleHibs
18-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Anyone else see the guy in the East going beserk at Riordan in the first half? It actually seemed pretty personal.

That was quite close to me. Riordan kept staring the boy down haha.

grantonhibee
18-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Great player when in the mood , needs a kick up the backside , very lazy this year

hibiedude
19-04-2011, 05:11 AM

We don't need R01rdan anymore :faf:

away and have a word with yourself.

Sodje has scored 4 goals how many chances has he missed :confused:

R01rdan is and always will be our main threat up front with the currant players we have.

moggie
19-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Riordan our main threat up front :faf::faf::faf: what era was that ??

matty_f
19-04-2011, 07:26 AM

R01rdan is and always will be our main threat up front with the currant players we have.

Possibly the worst thought out argument I have ever read on here.

Big90inOz
19-04-2011, 07:32 AM

If Deek is our main threat up front we are really buggered, time for him to find a new team.... might not be as easy as he thinks

proud_and_green
19-04-2011, 11:26 AM

What about the constant villification of Nish, Hogg, Miller, Hart...........?

proud_and_green
19-04-2011, 11:37 AM

Surely if this was the case it would be in his interests to show the club what they would be getting or, if he was not getting a contract at any price, then to show everyone else what he has to offer the other clubs and attract some interest.

At the moment with his form, and on the back of his exit from Celtc, i cannot see that many cubs will be rushing to his door to sign him - certainly not bigger clubs than Hibs. First Division may be where he ends up next season.

ancient hibee
19-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Surely if this was the case it would be in his interests to show the club what they would be getting or, if he was not getting a contract at any price, then to show everyone else what he has to offer the other clubs and attract some interest.

At the moment with his form, and on the back of his exit from Celtc, i cannot see that many cubs will be rushing to his door to sign him - certainly not bigger clubs than Hibs. First Division may be where he ends up next season.
So you think there is a first division club who can offer him more than Hibs-or do you think Hibs will offer him nothing?

proud_and_green
19-04-2011, 11:59 AM
So you think there is a first division club who can offer him more than Hibs-or do you think Hibs will offer him nothing?

My feeling is that he is not offering enough for us to offer him a contract and i am not convinced that any club as big as Hibs will offer him anything either - i guess that its true that other SPL clubs may take him on but if not where does that leave him?

It is not necessarily about any club offering more than Hibs; but Deeks taking what is being offered and avialable or...nothing!

Just Jimmy
19-04-2011, 05:47 PM
My feeling is that he is not offering enough for us to offer him a contract and i am not convinced that any club as big as Hibs will offer him anything either - i guess that its true that other SPL clubs may take him on but if not where does that leave him?

It is not necessarily about any club offering more than Hibs; but Deeks taking what is being offered and avialable or...nothing!

Spot on. Massive case of how the mighty have fallen. A year or so ago folk were touting him to get back into the Scotland fold. Regardless of the fact he may still resign for Hibs, he'll always be remembered for the fact he could have been the best scottish player of his generation but he pissed it up the wall.

FromTheCapital
19-04-2011, 05:56 PM
No, David Stephens takes that award.:agree:
No! Colin Nish takes that award...

Winston Ingram
19-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I can't believe people are still trying to defend him.

Since he returned he's been a shadow of the player that left us.

I wonder if Rod had a crystal all and knew how Deeks would perform if he would have ever stumped up the cash to sign him?:aok:

Seveno
19-04-2011, 08:16 PM
He's not been worth his place since the turn of the year. I was willing him to score with the free kick at the end, just to prove that he still has it.

Sadly, no pace, no shot, and no interest. Time for him to go.

eastmainsmsh
19-04-2011, 08:35 PM
When on song and in the mood he is magic

However he is frustrating at times drifting between moments of magic to fading out of the match for periods this imo is why he does not get near Scotland Squads and with his talent its a shame

Brilliant player as well still feel he can get back to his best next year if he stays :flag:

GGTTH

Hibs90
19-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Alot of hidden yams in this thread. SkintHibby being one. :wink:

Winston Ingram
19-04-2011, 08:49 PM
When on song and in the mood he is magic

However he is frustrating at times drifting between moments of magic to fading out of the match for periods this imo is why he does not get near Scotland Squads and with his talent its a shame

Brilliant player as well still feel he can get back to his best next year if he stays :flag:

GGTTH

2006?

Prawn Sandwich
20-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Houston Dynamo fail in bid to sign Riordan. Exclusive to the Sun.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3536286/Sodje-wants-support-act.html

It would mean him leaving immediately. Interesting ....................

Big90inOz
20-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Let him go, it will save some wages :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Houston MLS team wanted Derek to be one of their top earners but wanted him now, but would not pay a fee. The possibility of a move to the states has not been ruled out apparently

Stevie Reid
20-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I honestly thought on his return that Deek would be to us what John Robertson was to Hearts - someone who had tried their luck elsewhere and failed, and who could be a 20 goal a season striker who we would be at practically no risk of losing to another club (and hopefully be a real thorn in their side in derbies).

Sadly, his best days seem a long way back now - as my mate was saying to me at the weekend, if he does manage to fashion a yard for a shot, just the act of drawing back to hit the shot is so slow that he almost always gets closed down.

Last season I would have thought that there's no way that we could get better for his wages - happy for him to go now.

lyonhibs
20-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the nub of the matter is that Riordan at his best, whilst never the fastest, often compensated for that with vision, touch, a belting shot, trickery or some combination of the aforementioned attributes.

Fact of the matter is, that he's got slower, is losing his touch, can't skin a man for toffee and - set pieces apart - rarely engineers that yard of space to get a shot away in anything like the fashion he used to.

In his current guise, Riordan is no more use to our team than the likes of Rankin or Stevenson.

moredun
20-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I think the nub of the matter is that Riordan at his best, whilst never the fastest, often compensated for that with vision, touch, a belting shot, trickery or some combination of the aforementioned attributes.

Fact of the matter is, that he's got slower, is losing his touch, can't skin a man for toffee and - set pieces apart - rarely engineers that yard of space to get a shot away in anything like the fashion he used to.

In his current guise, Riordan is no more use to our team than the likes of Rankin or Stevenson.

:faf::faf::faf:

I have seen some toppers on here..........

lyonhibs
21-04-2011, 06:21 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

I have seen some toppers on here..........

Note the 'in his current guise' proviso :greengrin
iv not lost my marbles, bt for the past couple of months he's stropped about the park, not given 100% and hasnt been scoring. Taking that into account, what does Riordan currently offer the team? Hee haw from what I can see. I really hope he turns it round and scores 20+ next season (if he's here that is) but im not holding my breath