PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Hibs Fixtures - Letting Kids In For Free

scotty1875
17-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I see from the official site that today's match is the last of the season for Hibs Kids.

Seeing as this is Hibs first bottom six run in for several years resulting in a drastic drop in attendance for the remainder of the season (compared to previous top six run ins due to fewer away fans attending ER), would it make sense for Hibs to let Hibs Kids or even all U/16s in for free for the remaining matches to generate extra income e.g. from food & drink sales & revenue from the Hibs shop?

H18sry
17-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I see from the official site that today's match is the last of the season for Hibs Kids.

Seeing as this is Hibs first bottom six run in for several years resulting in a drastic drop in attendance for the remainder of the season (compared to previous top six run ins due to fewer away fans attending ER), would it make sense for Hibs to let Hibs Kids or even all U/16s in for free for the remaining matches to generate extra income e.g. from food & drink sales & revenue from the Hibs shop?

Hibs rent out the catering kiosk's so it does not matter if there is a 1,000 or 20,000 at the game the rent is the same, also the club shop does not have a lot of gear left at the moment as they are waiting on the new range being launched. :wink:

Hibbyradge
17-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Hibs don't make money from increased catering sales. Hibs make money from gate receipts.

Also, relying on a few kids to increase your profits by actually spending money in the shop, when the only reason they're there in the first place is because it's free to get in, doesn't strike me as the best business plan.

scotty1875
17-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Hibs rent out the catering kiosk's so it does not matter if there is a 1,000 or 20,000 at the game the rent is the same, also the club shop does not have a lot of gear left at the moment as they are waiting on the new range being launched. :wink:

That being the case then Hibs should just let them in for free as a goodwill gesture :agree:..... and refund all season ticket holders with a tenner for enduring a mediocre season :wink:

DaveF
17-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Hibs don't make money from increased catering sales. Hibs make money from gate receipts.

Also, relying on a few kids to increase your profits by actually spending money in the shop, when the only reason they're there in the first place is because it's free to get in, doesn't strike me as the best business plan.

I'd prefer to look at from the angle of building a fan base.

It's a no lose situation letting in kids for free. If it works and we get a few extra hooked, then great. If it's a flop, then so be it.

Why not give it a try? A good PR exercise if nothing else.

scotty1875
17-04-2011, 09:48 AM

A few kids! - that's the next generation of our support your dismissing there :wink:

I didn't know about the rental of the food kiosks and your right about the business plan but it would be a nice gesture if nothing-else and wouldn't cost the club anything.

H18sry
17-04-2011, 09:55 AM

That being the case then Hibs should just let them in for free as a goodwill gesture :agree:..... and refund all season ticket holders with a tenner for enduring a mediocre season :wink:

A little bit of contradiction me think's :greengrin

scotty1875
17-04-2011, 10:17 AM
A little bit of contradiction me think's :greengrin

True!

Hibs should include this in their business plan statement for next season - "We'll guarantee to make make top six or your money back"

The football supporter's business plan should be the policy of those cheap lawyers adverts on morning telly - "No win - fee".

When Hibs win you pay your £27 on your way OUT of the ground at full time; lose or draw and you pay nowt or an amount you think merits the players' performances - that'd shake things up :agree:

grunt
17-04-2011, 10:21 AM
... that'd shake things up :agree:We'd go bust in the blink of an eye.

Golden Bear
17-04-2011, 10:23 AM
A good idea on paper, but it would be totally unfair on the punters who have already stumped up their cash on season tickets.

scotty1875
17-04-2011, 10:32 AM
A good idea on paper, but it would be totally unfair on the punters who have already stumped up their cash on season tickets.

Season tickets would be a thing of the past. If you want the same seat every week you'd have to turn up a wee bit earlier to get it.

No seat allocation on arrival - you sit in any seat beside all your mates - like entry to the old terracing in the old days (minus the seats off course)

Hibs would have to fund the team up front from Sky money and sponsorship and they'd recoup the monies and make profit on a PAYG basis - it'd make them play like the famous five and Turnbull's tornadoes every week :wink:

Fan Power - you know it makes sense.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I am all for letting kids in free.

Tough if you bought your kid a season, but we were all assuming that we would be playing the OF and the Jambos this point in the season, meaning that the season ticket holding kids would not be effected.

Think about it, getting a kid in who is swithering about who to support may well be the start of him coming back with his mates and Dad next season and seasons after that.

So I say to all familys who have forked out for a season, dont gripe about free kids entry. Think of yourselves as champions for the future of our club. Your money helped pave the way for hundreds of new fans.

Anyway, we should be top six next season, then it wont happen. But it should be if we are bottom six, then all kids get in for free.

J

DaveF
17-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I've changed my mind.

After watching that today I wouldn't want the kids to see Hibs right now :greengrin

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Kids should go free if accompanied by a paying adult

Hibby K
17-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't let Hibs Kids in for free!

Every time there's a Hibs Kids game at ER, Hibs NEVER win!

sahib
17-04-2011, 06:15 PM

A very good suggestion. Might actually increase income, while giving our future supporters a wee taste of the misery to come. :wink:

Removed
17-04-2011, 06:19 PM

My kids are begging me NOT to take them and they have STs.

To be honest I can see their point.