PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the Bigots - All seater stadia

Viva_Palmeiras
17-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Ok so despite their remit the Police and stewards dont want to wade in to tackle the issue if numbers are unfavourable.

So CCTV, tickets assigned to named persons on a database (by and large esp for big games) and with the OF having a large % of ST holders then...

Why oh why cant these be used to nab folks after the event - esp persistant offenders?

If we're saying that this is unworkable then surely many of the premises around the benefits of seating and why folks are supposed to remain in the seat they have been allocated are a bit pointless :confused:

DaveF
17-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Ok so despite their remit the Police and stewards dont want to wade in to tackle the issue if numbers are unfavourable.

So CCTV, tickets assigned to named persons on a database (by and large esp for big games) and with the OF having a large % of ST holders then...

Why oh why cant these be used to nab folks after the event - esp persistant offenders?

If we're saying that this is unworkable then surely many of the premises around the benefits of seating and why folks are supposed to remain in the seat they have been allocated are a bit pointless :confused:

They are not pointless as people have been identified using these means in the past.

It's the built in apathy the Police have towards tackling the bigots that's the problem.

Paid for doing next to **** all.

ronaldo7
17-04-2011, 08:29 AM
They are not pointless as people have been identified using these means in the past.

It's the built in apathy the Police have towards tackling the bigots that's the problem. Paid for doing next to **** all.

Spot on:agree:

Vini1875
17-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Also there is the issue of time and it costs to get a conviction. What some see as bigotry others see as expressing their culture. The law I think finds it hard to prosecute.

Some might think it is bigotry to sing Irish rebel songs, I don't and neither does the law. There are certain phrases or add ons to the songs which are illegal, FTP or FTQ. The huns have songs which are clearly anti- Catholic and those are the ones that can get people arrested, but I think it is a hard thing to prosecute as sectarian bigotry.

The government and football authorties have to hammer the clubs which in turn will get the fans to police themselves.