PDA

View Full Version : Hibs to bid for Towell

Callum_62
17-04-2011, 01:42 AM
CC wants to tie him down long term apaprently.

heres hoping

In todays EEN

hibee1994
17-04-2011, 01:52 AM
he would be a fantastic signing for us and it might be more likely considering Celtic brought in Adam Matthews who i think is primarily a right back. Remains to be seen whether celtic believe he has the potential to make it at celtic. If we do get him it won't be cheap but laud calderwood for believing we can do a deal and trying to get it through.

Hopefully Richie Towell will be part of :cgwa next season

PaulSmith
17-04-2011, 07:21 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-keen-to-tie-down.6753164.jp

PeterboroHibee
17-04-2011, 07:24 AM
If they rate him as highly as some suggest, cant see us keeping him. The only way I could see it is if Celtic got first option on him. Another year on loan might be a possibility but think it would better to get a long term option.

Tricla
17-04-2011, 07:26 AM
:pray:

essexhibee
17-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Fingers crossed. Would love to see him at hibs. If we cant get him though we will need to be in the market for a rb because hart is certainly not the option imo.

Although maybe thicot could slot in?

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I think the lad is OK, wouldn't break the bank for him though.

Think he could do with losing a few pounds (in weigh, not dosh!) to be honest, he is a tad portly ! :agree:

truehibernian
17-04-2011, 08:56 AM
I think the lad is OK, wouldn't break the bank for him though.

Think he could do with losing a few pounds (in weigh, not dosh!) to be honest, he is a tad portly ! :agree:

Same kind of physique as David Murphy IMO and that can look deceptive.

I think he has slotted in to the side very well, but what impresses me most about him is his ability to get on with the game despite a set back (Rangers, St Johnstone). In both games a lad his age would perhaps have dwelt on bad mistakes, but against St Johnstone in particular he drove the team on second half and really tried to make amends.

Against Bohemians he also showed a little bit of versatility and played the holding midfielder role very well indeed (opposition was weak granted).

We would be foolish to not try and get him on a longer deal IMHO. Great prospect.

Jack
17-04-2011, 09:35 AM
he would be a fantastic signing for us and it might be more likely considering Celtc brought in Adam Matthews who i think is primarily a right back. Remains to be seen whether celtic believe he has the potential to make it at celtic. If we do get him it won't be cheap but laud calderwood for believing we can do a deal and trying to get it through.

Hopefully Richie Towell will be part of :cgwa next season

I think this will be key.

Will Towell want to go back to Celtc or put in a transfer request now that he's had a good taste of 1st team football? Will Celtc want him back now that Matthews is on the scene? Towel may fancy his chances outwith the SPL if he's not going to be at Celtc.

I’d be quite surprised if Hibs didn't see a future with him so its quite a lot for the young man to consider over the next few weeks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I would be quite happy to take him on a deal where we give Celtc all the transfer money, if he moves on within the time of the contract signed. As long as we got him on a free.

MyJo
17-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Sign him on a multi-year deal and give Celtic first-option on buying him back or a percentage of any fee generated if he is sold on elsewhere in exchange for an up-front transfer fee.

FromTheCapital
17-04-2011, 10:46 AM
If we sign him up, He may have a few wee contacts up at Celtic.
But with CC having a big clear-out in the summer.
I wonder how many player CC will bring in.

Anyway, Come on the Hibees!

grantonhibee
17-04-2011, 12:03 PM
hope we can tie him up , a good player for us

Westie1875
17-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I would be quite happy to take him on a deal where we give Celtc all the transfer money, if he moves on within the time of the contract signed. As long as we got him on a free.

I wouldn't, and I can't see Petrie being up for that one either.

IWasThere2016
17-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I have been saying for months - check the posts - that Towell will be at ER next season ...

Liam89
17-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't worry, Petrie will end up making Celtic pay us! :wink:

Andy74
17-04-2011, 01:52 PM
I have been saying for months - check the posts - that Towell will be at ER next season ...

Think so to. There was also a recent interview with another player who was talking about Booth and Towell next year, as if they knew he'd be here.

IWasThere2016
17-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Think so to. There was also a recent interview with another player who was talking about Booth and Towell next year, as if they knew he'd be here.

Missed that A. However, my view's informed by word from Cellic end - when he first signed on loan for us - that they don't fancy Towell. What I've seen is good enough for us IMHO.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2011, 03:47 PM
He is okay, a wee bit small but is decent.
I would keep him if poss but on "our" terms I would not be paying over the odds.

3pm
17-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I am not that keen if I am honest.

If Booth and, to a lesser extent, Hanlon are learning their 'trade' I think we need a quality full back and centre half.

heretoday
17-04-2011, 04:07 PM
To be honest, I don't rate him highly. He's not a strong player and I would question his stamina.

I quite liked the lad who came on - Stephens. He's got something.

JimBHibees
18-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Like Towell, quite quick, not afraid to get stuck in and can play a bit. Does some of the basic defensive duties well IMO. Would be glad if he moved here permanently as good age to improve also.

grantonhibee
18-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Get him singed up

NOLA
19-04-2011, 10:34 AM
To be honest, I don't rate him highly. He's not a strong player and I would question his stamina.

I quite liked the lad who came on - Stephens. He's got something.

his strength and stamina will only improve as he gets older/plays more games, i would sign him :agree:
i also like the lad Stephens, probably more than Hanlon, but then only seen stephens play 2/3 times, while paul has been playing most weeks and had the captaincy, which i feel he could do without, thoughts?

Broken Gnome
19-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Towell's the type of right-back we need I reckon, if you've got quick guys that can get forward on either flank we're a long way from recent full backs we've had; probably something that's played a fair part in our decline as a team worth watching. Towell and Booth will get better and are good players already in their own right, and they'll help the shape of the team no end.

matty_f
19-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Towell's the type of right-back we need I reckon, if you've got quick guys that can get forward on either flank we're a long way from recent full backs we've had; probably something that's played a fair part in our decline as a team worth watching. Towell and Booth will get better and are good players already in their own right, and they'll help the shape of the team no end.
:agree:

Bearing in mind his age, he reminds me a lot of Whittaker. I'd love us to have full backs like that again.

3pm
19-04-2011, 12:00 PM
:agree:

Bearing in mind his age, he reminds me a lot of Whittaker. I'd love us to have full backs like that again.

Towell isn't in Whittaker's league IMO Matty. :aok:

Broken Gnome
19-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Towell isn't in Whittaker's league IMO Matty. :aok:

Agree, but he doesn't need to be. As long as he's closer in style to a Whittaker than a van Zanten, he's automatically more useful :agree:

3pm
19-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Agree, but he doesn't need to be. As long as he's closer in style to a Whittaker than a van Zanten, he's automatically more useful :agree:

I agree to an extent. I still don't think he is good enough as I said but if he's the best we can get then so be it. :aok:

TRC
19-04-2011, 01:21 PM
To be fair i think the boy always looks asleep next time you see him play his eyes look closed. Think he has concentration problems. Still better than hart and Van Zanten

Wotherspiniesta
19-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I think Towell would be a great addition.

He puts in some great crosses, his pace gives us an outlet on the wing, he's always looking to get forward and has a decent long throw.

Sign him up.

Kaiser1962
19-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I think Towell would be a great addition.

He puts in some great crosses, his pace gives us an outlet on the wing, he's always looking to get forward and has a decent long throw.

Sign him up.

Has a decent throw-in as well.

Hibiza
19-04-2011, 02:48 PM
great news.:flag: come on ritchie.:flag:

col02
19-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Both our full backs at the moment are a lot better attacking wise than we have had since Murphy and Whittaker but they are both quite poor defensively imho though given their age I am sure they will improve in this department.

KWJ
19-04-2011, 04:22 PM
He's our first choice right back at the moment by quite a distance. As he's such a young player too I don't really see how it could possibly be a bad move to sign him up. Unless he has someone else lined up whose even better or Kevin McCann is finally back. What's up with him now? Sad.

NOLA
19-04-2011, 04:41 PM
To be fair i think the boy always looks asleep next time you see him play his eyes look closed. Think he has concentration problems. Still better than hart and Van Zanten

your thinking of Sneddon :greengrin

Westie1875
19-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Both our full backs at the moment are a lot better attacking wise than we have had since Murphy and Whittaker but they are both quite poor defensively imho though given their age I am sure they will improve in this department.

I agree with this, a wee reminder that the first job is to defend would be beneficial to both of them at times IMO. Quite happy to go into next season with the two of them though if we can get Towell signed up, I do think we need an older head in the middle though and let Hanlon & Stephens fight it out for the other place.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I agree with this, a wee reminder that the first job is to defend would be beneficial to both of them at times IMO. Quite happy to go into next season with the two of them though if we can get Towell signed up, I do think we need an older head in the middle though and let Hanlon & Stephens fight it out for the other place.

:agree: CC knows this - hence the move for Webster.

hibee1994
20-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I agree with this, a wee reminder that the first job is to defend would be beneficial to both of them at times IMO.

Well i believe that Towell's favoured position was always as a central midfielder so i guess at Celtic he didn't need to defend as much as he does now. But both him and booth get forward whenever they can, it can leave hanlon and dickoh in the lurch particularly on the counter like hamilton played against us. Boothy gets back fast though and palsson covers the gaps.

Speedway
20-04-2011, 11:54 AM
We're looking at Hammill as well as Towell and I think at least one other RB so with CC wanting a squad of around 20, I guess we're going for an almost two players per position strategy with allowance for utility guys who can play a variety such as Murray and Stevenson

Wheat Hound
20-04-2011, 12:30 PM
We're looking at Hammill as well as Towell and I think at least one other RB so with CC wanting a squad of around 20, I guess we're going for an almost two players per position strategy with allowance for utility guys who can play a variety such as Murray and Stevenson

Wonder whether Scott Lyndsay will be willing to pay Hammills wages if he still wants that extra £500 a week? ;-)

Speedway
20-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Wonder whether Scott Lyndsay will be willing to pay Hammills wages if he still wants that extra £500 a week? ;-)

I think its more a case of whether he'll accept us signing Jamie Murphy as a forward when his best position was left back in the CIS Cup Winning Season.

Wheat Hound
20-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I think its more a case of whether he'll accept us signing Jamie Murphy as a forward when his best position was left back in the CIS Cup Winning Season.

Or after his starring role in Beverly Hills Cop.III

Springbank
20-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Murphy's - a poor man's Alec Guinness

Stevie Reid
20-04-2011, 01:23 PM

I'll be happy if we sign Hammill, been impressed with him this season.

Speedway
20-04-2011, 01:32 PM

I think you are getting confused there with Brittany Murphy.

easty
20-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I think you are getting confused there with Brittany Murphy.

Nah you're Delirious, he was in Beverly Hills Cop for sure.

Wheat Hound
20-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Nah you're Delirious, he was in Beverly Hills Cop for sure.

No, that was Christian Nade

bighairyfaeleith
20-04-2011, 02:13 PM
No, that was Christian Nade

Did he not play the looky looky man:dunno:

Wheat Hound
20-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Did he not play the looky looky man:dunno:

No, that was Larry Hagmann

bighairyfaeleith
20-04-2011, 02:18 PM
No, that was Larry Hagmann

ah yeah, nade was this guy

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2008/11/the-nutty-professor.jpg

Speedway
20-04-2011, 05:07 PM
ah yeah, nade was this guy

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2008/11/the-nutty-professor.jpg

There you go, Doctor Dolittle.

hibee1994
20-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I heard Nade was in the running for the main role in run fat boy run but he walked the marathon and afterwards ate aw the pies! :na na: