PDA

View Full Version : el classico

CB_NO3
17-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Why is el classico (Hibs v Hamilton) on at 12pm tomoz when the two biggest games of the day are not on till 4pm? Also why is a semi final of the FA cup on at the same time as Arsenal v Liverpool? No wonder football is gash these days!

MountcastleHibs
17-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Why is el classico (Hibs v Hamilton) on at 12pm tomoz when the two biggest games of the day are not on till 4pm? Also why is a semi final of the FA cup on at the same time as Arsenal v Liverpool? No wonder football is gash these days!

Aberdeen-Celtic Scottish Cup Semi final kicks off at 12.45. I don't know if this explains our ridiculous kick off time, but I'd imagine it plays a part.

Diclonius
17-04-2011, 02:24 AM
The game's a non event. We're playing for nothing and Accies have basically given up and released a bunch of players so they're playing for nothing. Record low attendance anyone?

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Was possibly set a few months ago thinking it would be a relegation battle and would be a good game to put on TV.

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2011, 02:51 AM
The game's a non event. We're playing for nothing and Accies have basically given up and released a bunch of players so they're playing for nothing. Record low attendance anyone?

Hopefully it being a Hibs Kids' game will save us from that. I wonder if the TV company chose this game a while back when it could have been a crucial relegation decider?
Rubbish time either way

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Was possibly set a few months ago thinking it would be a relegation battle and would be a good game to put on TV.

Nobody posts in ages then we both post the same thing in a minute :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Nobody posts in ages then we both post the same thing in a minute :greengrinGreat minds :greengrin

Just Jimmy
17-04-2011, 11:02 AM
I never watch scottish football unless its Hibs that are on. I reckon 70% of scottish football fans are the same. I doubt Dundee United fans watch Hibs v Motherwell for example. I dont find Celtic v anyone or Rangers v everyone every week interesting.