PDA

View Full Version : NHC New Brighton Stadium - Interesting Approach for Visitors

Iggy Pope
16-04-2011, 01:54 PM
On SS Soccer Saturday just now - Brighton Chief Exec showing cameras around the site.
They will project iconic images of the visiting side across the visitors stand concourse. Also intend to provide beer local to the visting sides in the refreshment bars and intend to allow both sets of fans to 'mingle' in the surround.

An enlightened approach and arguably laudable. Need to see how it works out. Would we be comfortable with John Greig or Ally MCoist or Fat Robbo or Willie Bauld splashed across our South?

Buckie on tap????

Not sure about the American Express logo splashed across his hard hat and hi-vis either. Maybe they are funding this and it's all a transatlantic initiative.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Just saw this on SSN and thought it looked amazing.It should be a great ground to go and watch football next season.

iwasthere1972
16-04-2011, 02:23 PM
On SS Soccer Saturday just now - Brighton Chief Exec showing cameras around the site.
They will project iconic images of the visiting side across the visitors stand concourse. Also intend to provide beer local to the visting sides in the refreshment bars and intend to allow both sets of fans to 'mingle' in the surround.

An enlightened approach and arguably laudable. Need to see how it works out. Would we be comfortable with John Greig or Ally MCoist or Fat Robbo or Willie Bauld splashed across our South?

Buckie on tap????

Not sure about the American Express logo splashed across his hard hat and hi-vis either. Maybe they are funding this and it's all a transatlantic initiative.

It's called Amex Community Stadium .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9432161.stm

WindyMiller
16-04-2011, 02:24 PM

Buckie on tap????

I was at the Bournemouth v Charlton game a few weeks ago (away end) and was pleased to see beer for sale under the stands .
During the first half 3 kegs were wheeled in ready for half time.

Antifa Hibs
16-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Buckie on tap????

Still can't believe in this day and age football fans in Scotland can't be trusted with a pint, you'd think clubs would like the extra income it would bring in.

Regarding mixed support sections, not my cuppa but if other people fancy it, why not. Works well in Germany and Polska where they have the 2000 odd radges caged in and allow the 'normal' fans away fans to sit in the home ends.

Tidy wee ground aswell.

Ed De Gramo
16-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Still can't believe in this day and age football fans in Scotland can't be trusted with a pint, you'd think clubs would like the extra income it would bring in.

Regarding mixed support sections, not my cuppa but if other people fancy it, why not. Works well in Germany and Polska where they have the 2000 odd radges caged in and allow the 'normal' fans away fans to sit in the home ends.

Tidy wee ground aswell.

Sadly some of our fans can't even be trusted with sunglasses....letting them have beer would only lead to worse.

heretoday
16-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Tidy wee ground aswell.

In Czech Rep the drinking of pilsner before, during and after the game is virtually mandatory. We visited the Bohemians ground on a weekday afternoon and the Gambrinus was flowing as folk watched a junior game. No entry fee either.

madabouthibs
16-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I was at Old Trafford in November, and they sell Singha Lager to be consumed in the concourse, which I thought was great. They just tip the bottle into a plastic tumbler. Your not allowed to take it to your seat though. :thumbsup:

RoYO!
16-04-2011, 05:42 PM
That main stand looks a lot like hearts main stand... No wait...

HNA6
16-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Sadly some of our fans can't even be trusted with sunglasses....letting them have beer would only lead to worse.Sunglasses ..? :confused:

Jones28
16-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Sunglasses ..? :confused:

Hibs 12th man gave out green sunglasses at the derby which were chucked by a minority down the stand on top of other fans.

frazeHFC
16-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Was looking at my dad's engineering magazine (he's an engineer) a couple of years back when they announced the future building of the ground. It was risky with their finances but they have just been promoted to the Championship, great stadium and have already sold 16,000 season tickets so all is good for them.

jacomo
16-04-2011, 08:20 PM
That main stand looks a lot like hearts main stand... No wait...

Maybe Vlad sold them the plans and recouped some expense from that "massive" planning application?

I am sure Brighton & Hove Council would have much preferred 30 boxes of paperwork to wade through rather than a single, concise briefing document.

Scottiedog007
16-04-2011, 08:32 PM
you will find beer for sale at almost all english grounds pre match and H/T I always used to enjoy my big mac and carslberg at anfield in the early 2000's when i worked down there

Pretty Boy
16-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Maybe Vlad sold them the plans and recouped some expense from that "massive" planning application?

I am sure Brighton & Hove Council would have much preferred 30 boxes of paperwork to wade through rather than a single, concise briefing document.

Now thats what you call a planning application.:aok:

iwasthere1972
16-04-2011, 10:07 PM
The capacity of their new stadium is 22,500 yet the highest attendance they've had for a league match in 10 years is about 8,500.

frazeHFC
16-04-2011, 10:26 PM
The capacity of their new stadium is 22,500 yet the highest attendance they've had for a league match in 10 years is about 8,500.

16,000 season tickets sold already.

iwasthere1972
16-04-2011, 10:33 PM
16,000 season tickets sold already.

Amazing although it will be interesting to see how many will renew their ticket after the new stadium novelty wears off or they have a bad season.

Randerson_4
16-04-2011, 10:41 PM

A little ignorant - Brighton have had a tiny rubbish stadium for years which I'm sure they could not get more into that what you've said. Suggest the season ticket sales shows this has been years in the making

iwasthere1972
16-04-2011, 11:03 PM
A little ignorant - Brighton have had a tiny rubbish stadium for years which I'm sure they could not get more into that what you've said. Suggest the season ticket sales shows this has been years in the making

Strange thing is that the capacity of the Withdean Stadium is 8,850 yet their average attendance for this season is only 7262. So where have all of those 16,000 season ticket holders been. The away allocation, from what I can make out, at the Withdean is only 900 and I would expect that quite a number of clubs would easily fill that. That makes me wonder why they've never had a full house.

Anyway good luck to them in the future. The stadium looks the business.

Iggy Pope
16-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Aw, FFS

I was at Old Trafford in November, and they sell Singha Lager to be consumed in the concourse, which I thought was great. They just tip the bottle into a plastic tumbler. Your not allowed to take it to your seat though. :thumbsup:

That says everything about Man United and nothing about the subject. What has Singha got to do with Manchester? And they tip it out of a PLASTIC bottle too. It's *****.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9432161.stm[/QUOTE]

I was at the Bournemouth v Charlton game a few weeks ago (away end) and was pleased to see beer for sale under the stands .
During the first half 3 kegs were wheeled in ready for half time.

You get beer everywhere in English stadiums and rightly so. Even at Millwall.

you will find beer for sale at almost all english grounds pre match and H/T I always used to enjoy my big mac and carslberg at anfield in the early 2000's when i worked down there

The Original Post highlights the proposal that Brighton intend to put visitors LOCAL brew on sale.

Iggy Pope
16-04-2011, 11:22 PM

Explains much. A very Americanised way of thinking perhaps?

Bristolhibby
17-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Strange thing is that the capacity of the Withdean Stadium is 8,850 yet their average attendance for this season is only 7262. So where have all of those 16,000 season ticket holders been. The away allocation, from what I can make out, at the Withdean is only 900 and I would expect that quite a number of clubs would easily fill that. That makes me wonder why they've never had a full house.

Anyway good luck to them in the future. The stadium looks the business.

Went to the Withdean last season on my mates stag do. Sat in the away end (Bristol Rovers) and apart from that away end, it was rammed.

Red some of the bumph in the programme and they were saying that the bigger, better stadium will bring in the fans.

Brighton has a massive catchment area, they are the "local" team for hundreds of thousands of people. The advanced season tickets sales reflect this. Good luck to them.

Now Hibs get on the blower and arrange a weekend pre season friendly with them in Brighton. Ohhhhh Yea!

J

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Now Hibs get on the blower and arrange a weekend pre season friendly with them in Brighton. Ohhhhh Yea!

J
:pray::party: Would be a fantastic away trip.

Good luck to Brighton given all the fans have been through. Withdean is a dump but I don't know if it is asbestos ridden.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Went to the Withdean last season on my mates stag do. Sat in the away end (Bristol Rovers) and apart from that away end, it was rammed.

Red some of the bumph in the programme and they were saying that the bigger, better stadium will bring in the fans.

Brighton has a massive catchment area, they are the "local" team for hundreds of thousands of people. The advanced season tickets sales reflect this. Good luck to them.

J

I must admit that I was unaware that Brighton had been at the Withdean Stadium since 1999. I knew they had been there a while but not that long. Mind you compared to the couple of years previous when they ground shared with Gillingham some 70 miles away it must have felt good to play anywhere in Brighton.

The catchment area as you say is massive and there's no reason they can't fill the ground if they can take their form from Division 1 onto the Championship.

tamig
17-04-2011, 07:49 PM

Been following the progress of the new stadium and it looks absolutely tremendous. The Brighton fans have something to be really proud of.

tamig
17-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Bit like comparing Southampton when they were at the Dell before moving to St Mary's. Brighton will fill the new place no probs.