PDA

View Full Version : khan fight

Allant1981
16-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone else watching this tonight? Im in two minds

thekaratekid
16-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Not sure what time the fight is on at (programme starts at 8 i think).

If it clashes with Madrid/Barca I'll be giving it a miss

Pretty Boy
16-04-2011, 04:45 PM
No way am i paying £18.99 to watch it on Primetime.

Watched the Froch v Dirrell fight on that channel and once was enough. If i find a stream then i'll watch it, if not it will be on youtube by Monday anyway.

As for the fight; Khan wins inside 7.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Scrappy fight so far.

Khan probably edging it but he isn't looking good against an awkward opponent. McCloskey doesn't look out his depth, keeps up the good show here and he keeps his face in the world title frame.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Fight stopped, McCloskey cut due to clash of heads.

It's going to the cards because it's after 4 rounds. Khan takes it unanimous but the McCloskey camp going nuts as the cut doesn't look all that bad, certainly not worthy of stopping it right away. Barry Hearn looks like he might kill somebody.

Farce.

Sergey
16-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Fight stopped, McCloskey cut due to clash of heads.

It's going to the cards because it's after 4 rounds. Khan takes it unanimous but the McCloskey camp going nuts as the cut doesn't look all that bad, certainly not worthy of stopping it right away. Barry Hearn looks like he might kill somebody.

Farce.

The whole sport is questionable. Too many fights are somewhat suspect.

I lost faith in most bouts long ago.

Boxing is now on a par with WWF.

Allant1981
17-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Didnt think the cut was that bad but if it had went on i think khan would have went further ahead, still not convinced with khan though

IWasThere2016
17-04-2011, 03:17 PM
The whole sport is questionable. Too many fights are somewhat suspect.

I lost faith in most bouts long ago.

Boxing is now on a par with WWF.

Too many fights are questionable but WWF is for the hard of thinking IMHO.

Sergey
18-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Too many fights are questionable but WWF is for the hard of thinking IMHO.

:agree:

The bottom line is, a fixed contest is a fixed contest, regardless of the sport in question. Be it WWF, boxing, tennis, snooker, punters are being taken for a ride.

I love boxing (or rather certain boxers) that I trust to stand toe-to-toe and give their all. The likes of Khan (and the Russian heavyweight lads) are merely box-office attractions fed Mexican road-sweepers as opponents.

Carl Froch is my current favourite. He's been involved in probably two of the best (recent) bouts that I've seen.

IWasThere2016
18-04-2011, 08:35 PM

The bottom line is, a fixed contest is a fixed contest, regardless of the sport in question. Be it WWF, boxing, tennis, snooker, punters are being taken for a ride.

I love boxing (or rather certain boxers) that I trust to stand toe-to-toe and give their all. The likes of Khan (and the Russian heavyweight lads) are merely box-office attractions fed Mexican road-sweepers as opponents.

Carl Froch is my current favourite. He's been involved in probably two of the best (recent) bouts that I've seen.

Not all boxing is fixed/pantomime .. WWF is utterly pantomime.

Froch is 5-star! :agree:

Hank Schrader
20-04-2011, 03:20 PM
WWF is for the hard of thinking IMHO.

I'm glad someone has the bottle to come out and say that. :greengrin

I've no idea how any adult can take WWE seriously. :confused:

marinello59
20-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm glad someone has the bottle to come out and say that. :greengrin

I've no idea how any adult can take WWE seriously. :confused:

It's not meant to be taken seriously by adults. The clue is in the title, World Wrestling Entertainment. It's just good old fashioned fun. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
20-04-2011, 03:32 PM

Froch is different class. When it comes to sheer technical ability then my favourite is still Floyd Mayweather but if it comes down to heart, guts, skill and a willingness to fight the best then Froch is streets ahead. It's also why i had so much time for Ricky Hatton.

You're spot on about Khan, he is an attraction that will make a lot of people rich if used correctly. Dont get me wrong he has talent, to go to the Olympics at 17 as the sole British boxer and win a silve rmedal is impressive. However he has already had a few dodgy decisions go his way; the long, long, long count against Willie Limond, the decision to allow Barerra to fight for 3 and a half rounds totally blinded so they could go to the cards rather than rule the fight a no contest and then Saturday. Khan was clearly winning on Saturday but he looked sluggish against an awkward opponent so they got him out of there sharpish. If he fights Bradley on a level playing field he will be beaten IMO.

easty
20-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Cos Stone Cold says so?

Dirkster23
20-04-2011, 04:27 PM
It's not meant to be taken seriously by adults. The clue is in the title, World Wrestling Entertainment. It's just good old fashioned fun. :greengrin

Took my son to the WWE event in Glasgow last week for his 7th birthday. Even he was saying he could see they weren't hitting each other.

Not sure you could ever class it as anything other than fun for kids.