PDA

View Full Version : SPL games and the CL (A tiny bit of HC)

Jack
15-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Did I miss something over the last couple of weeks?

St Johnston and ICT were made to play their lucrative home fixtures against the OF with a 6 o’clock kick-off midweek because they clashed with the CL. SPL saying shuge fines and all that guff from UEFA if matches were played at the same time!

Celtc played at home to Hibs in the SPL while Barcelona thumped Shakhtar Donetsk 5-1 and Chelsea only managed a 0-1 defeat to Man Utd in the CL.

St Johnston and ICT have had pretty a ****ty record of postponed games this season. Is the SPL chastising them in a sort of underhand way?

Moulin Yarns
15-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Did I miss something over the last couple of weeks?

St Johnston and ICT were made to play their lucrative home fixtures against the OF with a 6 o’clock kick-off midweek because they clashed with the CL. SPL saying shuge fines and all that guff from UEFA if matches were played at the same time!

Celtc played at home to Hibs in the SPL while Barcelona thumped Shakhtar Donetsk 5-1 and Chelsea only managed a 0-1 defeat to Man Utd in the CL.

St Johnston and ICT have had pretty a ****ty record of postponed games this season. Is the SPL chastising them in a sort of underhand way?

The 6pm kick offs were because they 'had' to be on the telly because the bigots were away from home. UEFA say no other games can be on telly the same time as their mickey mouse tournaments. Our game was not on telly so it didn't affect anybody.

FWIW I have already said there is no law saying all OF away games have to be on telly. St Johnstone could have told them the kick off was 7:45 and the telly could take a running jump!!