PDA

View Full Version : CC on Stack

At The Edge
15-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Just watched the latest interview on Hibs telly and when asked about the injuries, CC states that Stack will be fit for the start of the Pre season.
Now does that mean that Stack is in CC's future plans? :confused:

Elephant Stone
15-04-2011, 05:19 PM
I hope so :agree:

tamig
15-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Just watched the latest interview on Hibs telly and when asked about the injuries, CC states that Stack will be fit for the start of the Pre season.

Sounds pretty much like it. Why the confusion?

HibsMax
15-04-2011, 05:27 PM

He's probably just saying that so we can punt him easier.

Seriously, it sounds like he's very much part of his plans.

HNA11
15-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see Stack stay.

Best keeper on the books when fit.

mjhibby
15-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Stack to me is far and away the no1 keeper at er and the only issue with him is his injury history.The defence seems more assured when he is in goals and he organises well and is a good shot stopper as well.There is no doubt our upturn in form was due in no small part to stack being in the team and id be very surprised if cc lets him go.I think smith will be let go and cc will bring in a younger keeper to bring on to establish a challenge to stack brown and divis.

IWasThere2016
15-04-2011, 06:08 PM

:agree:

hibee1994
15-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Stack to me is far and away the no1 keeper at er and the only issue with him is his injury history.

:top marks

Couldn't agree with this more. Yet to see Divis in a game where he actually has to make a save unlike the bohemians friendly that looked like we were playing a U15 school team. So Divis may make the gloves his but so far Stack is clearly the man for the job and like mjhibby says, the defence seems so much more at ease knowing they have superman stack at the back.:not worth

Hibs Class
15-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't regard Brown as irredeemable. No reason why his kicking cannot be worked on and he becomes No. 1 choice. As a stopper he's on a par with Stack.

ChrissyG1875
15-04-2011, 09:22 PM

TBH I feel more comfortable with brown in goals

greenlex
15-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Bring back Maka. :agree:
I was listening to 5 live on the way home tonight and caught the first half of Norwich v Forest. Ruddy (ex motherwell) did a maka at pittodrie and hit a player and it rebounded into the net in about the 2nd minute.:flag:

smurf
16-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Stack did well in his wee run in the team this season but looking at his ER career in its entirety I'm amazed anyone thinks he's the better option over Mark Brown.

ginger_rice
16-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't regard Brown as irredeemable. No reason why his kicking cannot be worked on and he becomes No. 1 choice. As a stopper he's on a par with Stack.

Jim Leighton couldn't kick for toffee either but was one of the best keepers I've seen in a hibs jersey.

Hibs90
16-04-2011, 10:16 AM
TBH I feel more comfortable with brown in goals

Bring back Maka. :agree:

Jim44
16-04-2011, 03:14 PM

But he didn't say which team he would be fit for.

IWasThere2016
16-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I believe he may have been offered a 1-year deal earlier this week :wink:

essexhibee
17-04-2011, 08:11 AM
I believe he may have been offered a 1-year deal earlier this week :wink:

Great news if true. Cmon stacky get fit!