PDA

View Full Version : Hibs to Appeal Adams' Suspension

Future17
15-04-2011, 02:10 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/243790-hibs-to-appeal-adams-suspension/

brog
15-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Good! I suspect if the official has to actually recount the " foul & abusive language " Adams is stated to have used, he ( the official ) will be found to have made it up.

Golden Bear
15-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Good! I suspect if the official has to actually recount the " foul & abusive language " Adams is stated to have used, he ( the official ) will be found to have made it up.

We can all use foul and abusive language without resorting to the use of sweerie words though!

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2011, 03:54 PM
We can all use foul and abusive language without resorting to the use of sweerie words though!

Abusive, yes; foul, no. Foul language = swearing.

Golden Bear
15-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Abusive, yes; foul, no. Foul language = swearing.

I beg to differ but I'll refrain from quoting a few choice examples.

greenginger
15-04-2011, 04:12 PM

May'be it was using FOWL language he's accused of. Did he call him DUCKY or something ?
:greengrin

delbert
15-04-2011, 04:26 PM
The offence of 'foul and abusive language' no longer exists. The actual wording of the offence now is using' offensive, insulting and/or abusive language', so for instance a player can easily be sent off without swearing, calling a referee a cheat for instance would call into question his integrity, and I would imagine immediately have a referee reaching for a red card.

brog
15-04-2011, 04:46 PM
The offence of 'foul and abusive language' no longer exists. The actual wording of the offence now is using' offensive, insulting and/or abusive language', so for instance a player can easily be sent off without swearing, calling a referee a cheat for instance would call into question his integrity, and I would imagine immediately have a referee reaching for a red card.

I'm not doubting what you're saying but I was quoting the BBC when I used the term " foul & abusive " hence the parenthesis.

The former Motherwell and Aberdeen midfielder, 35, was ordered to the stand by Alan Muir on the advice of fourth official Kevin Clancy for what was described as foul and abusive language towards the referee.

degenerated
15-04-2011, 05:02 PM
May'be it was using FOWL language he's accused of. Did he call him DUCKY or something ?
:greengrin

or a cock :dunno:

Future17
15-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm not doubting what you're saying but I was quoting the BBC when I used the term " foul & abusive " hence the parenthesis.

The former Motherwell and Aberdeen midfielder, 35, was ordered to the stand by Alan Muir on the advice of fourth official Kevin Clancy for what was described as foul and abusive language towards the referee.

I hate to be a pedant (I don't really) but " are not parenthesis, () are. :wink:

Bishop Hibee
15-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Hibs should come out and tell us the words Adams used so we can decide for ourselves whether the SFA is right or wrong. Same with the SFA re the Lennon/McCoist incident.

Petrie doesn't undertake appeals lightly so here's hoping.

PC Stamp
15-04-2011, 05:37 PM
There's a school of thought which says Adams would be as well serving the six games now and be ban free at the start of next season. That scenario of course means that should he transgress again he'll get at least 8 games next time round.

On that basis I expect the club have put together a strong basis for appeal otherwise they woudn't do so.

Golden Bear
15-04-2011, 05:42 PM
If we post the appeal in a blue envelope then that should certainly help to strengthen the case.

hibee1994
15-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Is it just me or have referees have it in for Derek Adams? Sounds like whatever he does, the ref sends him to the stands. He must be beginning to feel like a supporter rather than the assistant manager.

JimBHibees
16-04-2011, 06:00 AM
If we post the appeal in a blue envelope then that should certainly help to strengthen the case.

lol. Superb.

brog
16-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I hate to be a pedant (I don't really) but " are not parenthesis, () are. :wink:

It's absolutely fine to be a pedant but much better to be a an accurate pedant! :wink:

Parentheses (singular, parenthesis) – also called simply brackets (UK), or round brackets, curved brackets, oval brackets, or, colloquially, parens – contain material that could be omitted without destroying or altering the meaning of a sentence. In most writing, overuse of parentheses is usually a sign of a badly structured text. A milder effect may be obtained by using a pair of commas as the delimiter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimiter), though if the sentence contains commas for other purposes visual confusion may result.

Beefster
16-04-2011, 09:50 AM

I hate to be a pedant but 'parenthesis' is singular so you should have used 'parentheses'.

Beefster
16-04-2011, 09:53 AM
It's absolutely fine to be a pedant but much better to be a an accurate pedant! :wink:

Parentheses (singular, parenthesis) – also called simply brackets (UK), or round brackets, curved brackets, oval brackets, or, colloquially, parens – contain material that could be omitted without destroying or altering the meaning of a sentence. In most writing, overuse of parentheses is usually a sign of a badly structured text. A milder effect may be obtained by using a pair of commas as the delimiter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimiter), though if the sentence contains commas for other purposes visual confusion may result.

You didn't use commas though......

Sorry.

brog
16-04-2011, 09:59 AM
You didn't use commas though......

Sorry.

It was only illustrative, the term parentheses can be used to describe anything set aside from the regular text whether it is by brackets, commas, inverted commas or dashes. Now I'm being a pedant!! :wink: